NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT="][URL="https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets"]Adam Herbets‏Verified account @AdamHerbets[/URL] [video=twitter;916099057390575616]https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/916099057390575616[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Valet driver says he doesn't remember anything weird when he drove the shooter's car. "I'm just in shock really."Video coming soon.

[video=twitter;916100428982448128]https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/916100428982448128[/video]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#14171A][FONT="]Adam Herbets‏Verified account @AdamHerbets [video=twitter;916102121346363392]https://twitter.com/AdamHerbets/status/916102121346363392[/video]More

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Adam Herbets Retweeted Adam Herbets[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#14171A][FONT="]Reminder: Sheriff said he has knows of an escape plan + explosives in shooter's car. He hasn't said if car was in valet for search warrant.
[/FONT]

That reminds me. I have a friend who attends shows there of electronics and when the show is over, he buys tons of stuff for cheap from the vendors. I imagine there are plenty of people coming with huge amounts of items.

At the International terminal in LAX i always see tons of people with many many boxes of things they have purchased in the US . I imagine lots of various items are nothing new to hotels

Can someone link to the pic of part of the door on the floor? Mentioned as being on Daily Mail. I've looked but can't locate it. TIA

Right door off it’s hinges and laying horizontally at the bottom.

c3084e09bfc45cb6fab77c193e2ccd15.jpg

The sheriff stated 200 rounds were shot through the door. We can see from the pic that half the door has no bullets holes which would lead one to then assume the 200 rounds went through the other half of the door, ie the bottom half.

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy for a little bit.

Right door off it’s hinges and laying horizontally at the bottom.

c3084e09bfc45cb6fab77c193e2ccd15.jpg

Thank you. So, we are only able to see part of that door? The rest isn't visible...

Saw the info shared they found the car. Looks like it was found at the Reno home via search warrant.

[video=twitter;916111360680849408]https://twitter.com/lvmpd/status/916111360680849408[/video]

[video=twitter;916116051280011264]https://twitter.com/lvmpd/status/916116051280011264[/video]

[video=twitter;916125728973791232]https://twitter.com/lvmpd/status/916125728973791232[/video]

Where are bump-fire stocks illegal? Feds, states weigh bans after Las Vegas shooting

Bump-fire stocks also render rifles wildly inaccurate and difficult to control, and many gun enthusiasts look down on their use. The NRA itself reportedly bans their use at its gun ranges during public shooting hours because of safety concerns.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/where-...s-states-weigh-bans-after-las-vegas-shooting/

That's strange. I come from a family who have always owned legal firearms for many decades and I haven't found one (not even seasoned gun owners) who has even heard of a bump stock until this case.

They're a newer item, only having come out in the last decade. I've certainly heard of them, as have many people I know, but they're gimmicky and I can understand "serious" gun collectors not coming across them/having them on their radar. I've never had a desire for one, because I simply don't think it's fun to dump $20 in rounds in a few seconds... Too expensive of a gimmick.

Thank you. So, we are only able to see part of that door? The rest isn't visible...

It looks like the other part of the door that is hidden behind the other one standing has large chunks out of it which would be the bottom half of the other door when it was erect. That part is probably shot all to hell and back.

They're a newer item, only having come out in the last decade. I've certainly heard of them, as have many people I know, but they're gimmicky and I can understand "serious" gun collectors not coming across them/having them on their radar. I've never had a desire for one, because I simply don't think it's fun to dump $20 in rounds in a few seconds... Too expensive of a gimmick.

With as high as bullets are now they would probably drop more money than that. Plus I would think firing this many bullets in a short length of time would weaken the gun's mechanism itself. That is a lot of stress on a firearm because it is heating it up much much more than normal.

That's strange. I come from a family who have always owned legal firearms for many decades and I haven't found one (not even seasoned gun owners) who has even heard of a bump stock until this case.

I agree. Until I saw the news about the bump stocks and watched a video of how they worked I had never heard of this fairly simple way to make a semi automatic behave like a fully automatic.

I am still shocked that such a simple modification apparently does the trick.

I am further surprised that previous legislation deemed these devices to be ok to own in some states.

One article I read did say that this method is rather crude because it relies on the user to keep the rhythm going and so jamming of shells could be more common with this method. Which is probably why the shooter had so many weapons ready to go. As soon as one jammed he probably just threw it down and grabbed the next one which he had ready.

Bump Stock invented by owner of Slide Fire. Small town outside of Dallas, TX. There is worry that they may go out of business if the item is banned. Would affect many jobs. How about the lives of the people affected by your little invention???

Maybe they can modify their equipment and make something else.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...-invented-bump-stock-spotlight-vegas-shooting

Slide Fire Solutions, have come under heavy criticism for selling a rifle attachment that few outside of gun enthusiast circles had ever heard of before this week.

But since a gunman killed 58 people attending a country music concert Sunday night in Las Vegas, a flood of attention has turned to Cottle's little-known device, called a "bump stock" or "bump fire stock," which may have enabled Stephen Paddock to turn semiautomatic, one-shot-per-trigger-pull rifles into ones able to fire much like machine guns.

Slide Fire sent a letter to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in 2010, apparently to ask if any regulations prohibited its use. The sale of automatic weapons to civilians has been banned since 1986, though weapons manufactured before then can still be owned.

The company received a letter from the ATF, which it had posted on its website, saying that because the "bump stock" was not a firearm, it would not be regulated.

So you are saying there is none in the other door?

I'm saying what I've been saying. That the majority of the 200 rounds would have had to pass through the lower portion of the left door, which we cannot see. My issue with that is that 200 rounds would have absolutely decimated that one area. I'm not sure why this is such a contentious notion. I don't think he didn't shoot a considerable number of rounds through the hallway. It just seems like 200 is a very high number for what we see and know. He would have had to have gone through two mag dumps and a mag/weapon change, which would have been over 30 seconds of shooting within the hall, at 6 rounds per second (a generous rate of fire estimate), with a mag change/weapons system change in there. Given that police came up on the security guard "within seconds" of him getting shot (per the sheriff), but were not engaged themselves, there is some contradictory information going on.

:moo:

Remember Diane Feinstin tried to make them illegal in 2013 so it was known

If the Bump Stock remain legal, so should all automatic weapons, since it makes a non-auto and auto.

O/T

There is going to be a huge issue for sleuthers as many newspapers are going to go with pay walls. There is no way that anyone is going to subscribe to the plethora of newspapers that have been linked on WS.

That means local as well as all of the big names.

I agree. Until I saw the news about the bump stocks and watched a video of how they worked I had never heard of this fairly simple way to make a semi automatic behave like a fully automatic.

I am further surprised that previous legislation deemed these devices to be ok to own in some states.

One article I read did say that this method is rather crude because it relies on the user to keep the rhythm going and so jamming of shells could be more common with this method. Which is probably why the shooter had so many weapons ready to go. As soon as one jammed he probably just threw it down and grabbed the next one which he had ready.
The main reason it was ruled as legal is because of how a machine gun is defined by law. A machine gun is a weapon that fires more than one round with the pull of a trigger. Because of the mechanism being used by the bump-fire stocks, you're still technically pulling the trigger for each round fired, it's just a much more rapid rate of fire than most would be able to accomplish without the assistance.

The other issue is that before the bump-fire stocks, people still bump-fired using rubber bands and other methods. This was just a marketable way to make the concept easier and more aesthetically appealing (than having a rubber band wrapped around your lower receiver). If stocks are banned, people can still go back to using rubber bands and whatever else to accomplish the same thing.

Federal legislation? All I've read is the ATF approved them in 2010, not that they were legislated.

With as high as bullets are now they would probably drop more money than that. Plus I would think firing this many bullets in a short length of time would weaken the gun's mechanism itself. That is a lot of stress on a firearm because it is heating it up much much more than normal.

Exactly and its dangerous for the user too. Because if a user ended up warping a barrel due to high heat then it could result in an accident to the user or someone else if the barrel fails and bullet shrapnel goes where its not supposed to.

To me I dont think its wise or safe to use a weapon to shoot so rapidly that is not designed specifically to be fully automatic. Putting abnormal stress on the guns parts could result in injury or death to the user if it malfunctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly