NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His key card should have opened any room in the place, right? So he should have gone in the closest room and called the front desk!

-He gave the officers his key card so they could use it. He stayed around with them.

He was released from the hospital fairly quickly-less than 24h, but is he the one that has to go back for surgery?

Maybe this is why Sheriff made such a big deal of what a fantastic HERO the security guard is and how he saved so many lives blah blah.......cause LE and Hotel Mgrs. had already made the deal w/ Ramos to 'alter' the timeline and scenario. Poor Ramos probably NEEDS his job and acquiesces.

In the green shirt tie presser (Oi vey if that is his Sunday best I shall avoid Tues at 4!)

He is asked about the two cell phones and about what they have learned about that angle .

He stumbles, asks the Washington Monument standing next to him (!) who advises the Sheriff that it is not prudent to release that info .

In the same vein as to what was happening in the hours up to the shooting - what i would be vital is he was communicating with.

What do people do with cell phones?

The communicate.

Unless there are more problems than anticipated most people are not talking to themselves on their cellphones !!

We must assume if there was any use it would be to another person.

We also know that that kind of info is avail pretty instantly these days.

They did go get another search warrant and went back to search everything all over ......
prudent

1.wise

discreet

2.careful a prudent decision.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/prudent

Called 911. :)

-Yep 911 for sure! He is young, I think he is 25 or 26? He may have been having a tough guy moment within himself. “I got this, I can hang here with these bad boy cops. But really “wink-wink” i’m staying with them in case I take another shot, especially if the control room isn’t awake”
Who knows...

Who is the LEAD investigator in this tragedy? FBI or Sheriff Dept? Has anyone heard? Usually FBI doesn't step in
unless invited by local LE unless they know up front it's a federal crime.

Maybe this is why Sheriff made such a big deal of what a fantastic HERO the security guard is and how he saved so many lives blah blah.......cause LE and Hotel Mgrs. had already made the deal w/ Ramos to 'alter' the timeline and scenario. Poor Ramos probably NEEDS his job and acquiesces.

-Who is Ramos?

Presser same one Sheriff:

Anticipates being in the room and

at the concert area

has anyone ever seen any LE entity combing the site of the massacre?

Ever

oh Campo heard drilling--so if in the new version if he already did what he wanted to what is he drilling afterwords

It becomes crazier a rent a cop is shot and afterwards world war three starts and he is gonna just stand there unarmed for 10 minutes

everyone else's reaction was to run!!

if you were him , out of the goodness of your heart would you stand around for 10 minutes

your bodies natural reflex would be to run

what did he think he could do ask him to please stop (please is important)

While turning sec guard into a hero why did we not hear about a maintenance man for days --the sec guard saved him life as well.

Sheriff:

"What I am comfortable in saying is what I believe"

he is getting himself in more problems

sounds like what he "believes" might have happened (he should come here-) might be a difference of opinion between someone else

...........maybe the FBI??

-I noticed a concerted emphasis on the more recent reports of the wording used in reference to “before LE entered the room SP shot himself and was dead” (paraphrased). Its too far to retrieve but one of my questions was how did they know no one else had entered? And there are no details of who checked his vitals, how long (approx) he was dead, etc.
He fired a .223 or .308 into his head, so there wasn't much of his left of his head. He was obviously very dead, so no need to take his vitals. The surgeon who was interviewed was shocked at the extreme damage these large bullets did to his patients.
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Common-Bullet-Sizes.jpg

Presser same one

Anticipates being in the room and

at the concert area

has anyone ever seen any LE entity combing the site of the massacre?

Ever

oh Campo heard drilling--so if in the new version if he already did what he wanted to what is he drilling afterwords

Yes, a photo op several days after shooting showed FBI guys all marching along in the stadium area looking for stuff
like bullets, casings? But what I did notice is that ALL personal belongings were cleared out already, so it was an empty field.

Thoughts I have....

1. Was 134 really occupied by someone else? If so, SP would have had to break into that room via the connecting door, however SWAT said they breached that door and the guest in room below indeed felt it. This door would also allow SP to move freely between the rooms. We can assume he wasn’t exiting 135 and entering 134 thru the hallway as the food cart was parked in front of 134. The security guard would have had a card that accessed 134 but again, food cart was in front of it so I don’t believe anyone entered or exited 134 from the hallway.

2. Initially the sheriff stated that the security guard was very helpful and provided them with his hotel key for the rooms. What did they use this key for? Would they breach 135 if they had a key? Would they enter other guests room with a key and without knocking to evacuate them? Doesn’t make sense.

3. Not sure what happened in the communication between the security, but as a guest, even hearing the 200 rounds, you never know if people thought it was fireworks outside related to the concert or what. So nobody probably called 911 until they heard/saw the real shots 6 mins later. I have heard large booms staying places before and wondered WTF it was but I have never called 911.

4. I am still leaning to the scenario that SP wasn’t quite ready and had to speed up the process. I think he shot the guard and then had to go break the windows which I have read would not be as easy as a window in our homes. 6min seems like a long time but in reality if it took him 3 mins to breakout both windows, that only leaves 3 mins to get gun setup if he didn’t have it ready.

5. I’m really confused on the neighboring room. If it was occupied, what did he plan to do if the guy would have forgotten something in the room and came back?

I wonder if he shot the security guard as he was setting up his cameras for the night. It is conceivable that he would have waited until the middle of the set or the finale to inflict "the ultimate damage" but when he encountered the security guard, he had to set up his shooting system fast. This makes sense to me because he had so many guns, so many rounds, why stop early? Why not have all of your cameras set and ready to go if you are using them to help you inflict the most damage? I wonder if he also had the timing of how long it would take for security to get to the floor based on the disturbance calls he made with the thinking that it would talk that long for police to arrive at his door.

The new timeline does really create a conundrum in understanding his thinking and how the events played out.

But that can't be the plan because he already had a camera on the foot cart outside his room. If he planned another day someone prior would have taken down the trolley, noticed the video camera, and spoken to him. By then the door would be closed shut. Doesn't make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around here, for major crimes, LE releases the intial few 911 call tapes. Has this happened here yet? Will be curious
to see the timeline of those tapes and also find out who made those first 911 calls.

you are making perfect sense!
I'm feeling that to be the truth, and whereas I know feeling is not fact and I do try to be ultra disciplined in that regard, its hard work, but I must.
There he was, all set up for the time of his life, gets a tad over excited or powders his nose more than usual and..BANG..
It really did look like that in the stills, bearing in mind it was Liveleak and theres about several million people peddling the craziest of fear *advertiser censored* and fantasies at the moment, and its highly likely they would have both the skills to set it up and the contacts to make them seem credible.
so, all of what I have written is pure speculation, above, but trying to balance this with so few hard facts and so many conspiracy theories that the truth seems to arise as pure instinct at this point.
I work terrorism and I spend most of my online life following, reading, learning, chasing, deciphering, translating and reading reading reading, learning.
When this broke it looked as if it was Isis flavor , possibly al quaeda..
And it still looked like that for quite a while....maybe it still does..
Their gameplan is changing according to their circumstances.. we wondered whether they would possibly adapt an entirely new modus operandi, possibly hire from outside...
They have not produced a single screed of evidence to that effect, however, not yet.
Just reading so many great posts here today is an absolute joy.. still reading.. great great points, zoning in on details..Its cathartic.. the getaway car, the type of door on a floor that would require a sG to attend..
The getaway car being the diversion to get him out fits perfectly..
Perhaps he was a mercenary, and his gambling a mere cover?

Just speculating -- but being this amazing gambler might be a cover for a whole multitude of things think of all the covers it could cover.

Safes in the garage, but it seems as if noone knew about his passion for guns and bombs?

Typically , it is just the opposite most who knew the perp -- afterwards were more than aware of the persons infatuation with guns

They talked about it all the time.

For some reason it sounds like he never made a peep about his passion for "collecting" guns.

People discuss hobbies -- how it works-- he was a braggart everything I have read indicates that handling machine guns requires a skill set

Noone has reported his bragging about how good he is at machine gun firing? Behavior wise that is not congruent with how this dude processed the world around him moo

In fact, if one thinks about it (we have not heard one gun dealer seeing him practice with guns of any kind.

There are folks here who (no judgement) describe there enjoyment with guns and collecting and stuff.

You don't keep interests a secret. Some of you know I love commercial aviation. It not a secret.

Many of us care deeply about our furry friends. We share that.

There has not been one iota of evidence that he was practicing shooting, sharing his enthusiasm for guns. None.

For a major gun enthusiast there has not been one mention of him attending gun shows.

Nor him sharing how much money he has in guns and how much they are worth. He brags about his wealth all the time.

If one has a passion collecting apples and you have many great apples would you not share that with other apple collectors?!

the only thing we all know about him and guns are:

He drove throughout 4 states to obtain them.

he has a huge safe that seems the size to accommodate machine guns.

What do small planes do? They transport things.

What is 48 feet away from the lobby -- a small airport catering to general aviation aircraft.

If someone wanted to move "things" about -- would it be easier to do it at a small airport or go through O Hare?

He likes to vacation with guns. Many guns. Not pistols . Machine guns. That are expensive. They are weapons of mass destruction. Even what little I know I think rabbit hunting with these things might be , pardon the pun overkill.

He is found dead with a bullet to his head in a room swimming with machine guns - that he has never spoken of.

That is like Jay Leno not talking about cars!!

or in his words (gambling is his job) he apparently likes to take lots of guns to the "office" with him.

Even to hotels . Do high end resorts have shooting ranges I am not aware of!

What person goes to gamble with machine guns?

How did dad make money. Illegally.

Have they cleared up someone in his room when his car was gone. Nope. That is the question from the female reporter he blew off. Staff would be able to get into a room right?

And it most certainly might fill up a lot of mysteries surrounding income stream.

but.............just a but...........................if your involvement in guns ................might result in a visit to the slammer..........................silence...........

Guys its all here in front of us.........................

just mo

But that can't be the plan because he already had a camera on the foot cart outside his room. If he planned another day someone prior would have taken down the trolley, noticed the video camera, and spoken to him. By then the door would be closed shut. Doesn't make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant that he was inside the room, looking at his peephole camera and the hall cameras not yet activated as the time of the shooting for Campo. Then, he had to hurry and begin shooting. I also think he knew he had limited time before LEO would be there. Campo shooting started that count down. Then, Campo did not leave and his escape route was cut off. He did make noise calls and probably knew how long it would take for someone to get up to the floor.

I don't know if any of it is the way it happened. But, I am just trying to figure out a new timeline that makes sense.

Just speculating -- but being this amazing gambler might be a cover for a whole multitude of things think of all the covers it could cover.

Safes in the garage, but it seems as if noone knew about his passion for guns and bombs?

Typically , it is just the opposite most who knew the perp -- afterwards were more than aware of the persons infatuation with guns

They talked about it all the time.

For some reason it sounds like he never made a peep about his passion for "collecting" guns.

People discuss hobbies -- how it works-- he was a braggart everything I have read indicates that handling machine guns requires a skill set

Noone has reported his bragging about how good he is at machine gun firing? Behavior wise that is not congruent with how this dude processed the world around him moo

In fact, if one thinks about it (we have not heard one gun dealer seeing him practice with guns of any kind.

There are folks here who (no judgement) describe there enjoyment with guns and collecting and stuff.

You don't keep interests a secret. Some of you know I love commercial aviation. It not a secret.

Many of us care deeply about our furry friends. We share that.

There has not been one iota of evidence that he was practicing shooting, sharing his enthusiasm for guns. None.

the only thing we all know about him and guns are:

He drove throughout 4 states to obtain them.

he has a huge safe that seems the size to accommodate machine guns.

What do small planes do? They transport things.

What is 48 feet away from the lobby -- a small airport catering to general aviation aircraft.

If someone wanted to move "things" about -- would it be easier to do it at a small airport or go through O Hare?

He likes to vacation with guns. Many guns. Not pistols . Machine guns. That are expensive. They are weapons of mass destruction. Even what little I know I think rabbit hunting with these things might be , pardon the pun overkill.

He is found dead with a bullet to his head in a room swimming with machine guns - that he has never spoken of.

That is like Jay Leno not talking about cars!!

or in his words (gambling is his job) he apparently likes to take lots of guns to the "office" with him.

Even to hotels . Do high end resorts have shooting ranges I am not aware of!

What person goes to gamble with machine guns?

And it most certainly might fill up a lot of mysteries surrounding income stream.

but.............just a but...........................if your involvement in guns ................might result in a visit to the slammer..........................silence...........

Guys its all here in front of us.........................

Bravo. Haven’t posted on this one yet but have been reading this from the beginning. Y’all are reading my mind. I love the way we think here at WS. [emoji177]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who is the LEAD investigator in this tragedy? FBI or Sheriff Dept? Has anyone heard? Usually FBI doesn't step in
unless invited by local LE unless they know up front it's a federal crime.
Sheriff dept leading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member