NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure what you mean by he best not be on short term disability, but no worries, workers comp would be the one providing short term disability compensation.

Not what I said. Worker's comp is who would need to be paying for his loss of wages, medical, etc. Short term disability would be a separate insurance that typically an employee has been paying into.

Since he was injured on the job, and through no fault of his own, then worker's comp is who is liable.

I’d bet it’s a lot safer than most other tourist places right now. Just like here in NY after 9/11, which was probably the safest tourist place you could be.

What places are truly safe from something like this? If someone is set on committing a massacre like this, especially someone who has planned for months, they will find a way to do it. The Boston bombers used pressure cookers for crying out loud.

The town I grew up in was rated one of the top 10 safest places to live in the US. A couple years after that, my childhood best friends neighbor was arrested for killing his gf and burying her in his backyard. Evil can lurk everywhere. Vegas is no less safe than other places IMO.

I hope so but my confidence in security is gone. So many things that went wrong that night with the festival security to start with.

Yes, SP, and the last year or so if his life, are what we need to sleuth more. Where was he living at that point? What else was he buying and selling in real estate? Who were his associates then?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It's hard to know where even to begin. He has bought his properties in different places. They only one that seems to know him on a day to day basis that has been named is MD. His brother really hasn't said any clues. All of the others seem to of only known him slightly.

We always got a creepy vibe from him, even when we were kids, but as we got older played it off as growing up in the stranger danger time. Nope. He was a creep. Nowhere is exempt from the potential of evil unfortunately.

Always follow your intuition or gut. Your subconscious picked up on red flags. Sorry to hear about your friend.

-Betty, from an earlier post you commented ‘Corporate Crook’
I didn’t say anything about a ‘Corporate Crook’. Where did you get that from?

-CoolJ, not sure if it was you who had the link with the upclose photo of the written/inscribed ‘whereby’ statements on the Award from the union. Either MB or the Union guy mentioned that ‘JC personally’ gave them the directive order of events. I thought it was unusual for them to make a point of saying that. Like ‘no one told him what to say, we just want you to know that these are his own words’

And doesn't that plaque contradict the "official" timeline?

-Betty, I didn’t say anything about a ‘Corporate Crook’?
Where did that come from?

Quote Originally Posted by BETTY P View Post

LOL, why? Corporate crooks aren't going to help working class guys. They have no special skills or knowledge and even less compassion for others. All JC needs is his own attorney and some peace and quiet. He doesn't need to be in the news media telling you anything. Let him go back to work when he's ready to do his job. He's probably on short term disability now. Let him rest and recover and get on with his life.

Not what I said. Worker's comp is who would need to be paying for his loss of wages, medical, etc. Short term disability would be a separate insurance that typically an employee has been paying into.

Since he was injured on the job, and through no fault of his own, then worker's comp is who is liable.

See the section “what may I be entitled to”

http://dir.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/dirnvgov/content/WCS/InjuredWorkersDocs/EmployeeBrochure.pdf

Temporary partial disability is listed.

Always follow your intuition or gut. Your subconscious picked up on red flags. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Nothing happened to my friend thank God. They just happened to share a backyard and we always thought he was creepy.

Link please to the FOXs news guy being a CT. Thanks~
https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/seth-rich-634062?amp=1

Appeals from Rich’s grieving family have led the conspiracy theory’s most prominent promulgator, Sean Hannity of Fox News, to declare that*he would stop discussing “investigation” on his nightly show. Journalistic scruples, not to mention basic human decency, probably factored less in his decision than the widely reported displeasure of Fox News executives.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And doesn't that plaque contradict the "official" timeline?
The COMMENDATION RESOLUTION could be right or it could be wrong.
Depends on whether the noise JC heard was from a drill or a gun. :gaah:

[…]
WHEREAS, as a first responder he approached a hotel suite where a gunman was firing automatic weapons into a crowded concert,
[…]

http://www.spfpa.org/news/spfpa-strong-honoring-our-heros.html
IMG_1005.JPG

The COMMENDATION RESOLUTION could be right or it could be wrong.
Depends on whether the noise JC heard was from a drill or a gun. :gaah:

[…]
WHEREAS, as a first responder he approached a hotel suite where a gunman was firing automatic weapons into a crowded concert,
[…]

http://www.spfpa.org/news/spfpa-strong-honoring-our-heros.html
IMG_1005.JPG

This isn't an official, legal document. It's not like it's something that could be used at a trial.

In terms of how he managed to break the windows out.

I thought it might be hard to break them with just a hammer. I wondered if he used one of his electric drills to drill some small holes into the surface of the windows (I believe the glass itself is pretty thick?), and then maybe pounded the tip of a screwdriver into the holes with a hammer.. .just as a way to get some initial small cracks in the large plates of glass. From there, he could just use the hammer to smash the rest of it open.

I think there is someone here who worked at a glass company.. what do you think?

This comment is interesting to me about drilling vs gunfire.
If it's said people as far away as Bellagio (refer to police scanner) were hearing gunfire, how does someone so close to the situation think it's drilling or a jackhammer?
Would it sound different up close?
Anyone with gun experience have any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I was in a grocery store a few months ago and a guy opened fire. We had just left the building and were standing about a foot from the door-but still about 50 feet from the shooter. We were all startled and kind of looked at each other. "What was THAT?" I asked. "Probably a car backfiring or they're drilling something," my husband shrugged.

When we got to the car I kind of laughed it off. "Is this going to be one of those situations in which we later find out that it was gunfire but we tried to explain it away as something else at the time?" I joked. Yep, it was.

Out of context, your mind will play all kinds of tricks on you.

In terms of how he managed to break the windows out.

I thought it might be hard to break them with just a hammer. I wondered if he used one of his electric drills to drill some small holes into the surface of the windows (I believe the glass itself is pretty thick?), and then maybe pounded the tip of a screwdriver into the holes with a hammer.. .just as a way to get some initial small cracks in the large plates of glass. From there, he could just use the hammer to smash the rest of it open.

I think there is someone here who worked at a glass company.. what do you think?

Yep that’s me. I have the pic saved and am determined to corner our most experienced glazier this week to see his opinion lol.

The inner pane looks like tempered glass to me. Tempered glass is safety glass, and once it breaks, it breaks into a million pieces. I am sure the units were pretty thick. Tempered glass is heat treated and very strong. I promise I am trying to get back to you guys with an expert opinion. I just need my glazier alone, bc my boss is a paranoid CT and I can’t get him started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in a grocery store a few months ago and a guy opened fire. We had just left the building and were standing about a foot from the door-but still about 50 feet from the shooter. We were all startled and kind of looked at each other. "What was THAT?" I asked. "Probably a car backfiring or they're drilling something," my husband shrugged.

When we got to the car I kind of laughed it off. "Is this going to be one of those situations in which we later find out that it was gunfire but we tried to explain it away as something else at the time?" I joked. Yep, it was.

Out of context, your mind will play all kinds of tricks on you.

I think most people's minds just wouldn't automatically go there when going about their day-to-day lives. I know mine wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx