NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&]The Ellen Degeneres show is a safer venue than Hannity, pertaining to the Q & A that will be going on. [/FONT]

[FONT=&]Ellen will fart unicorn glitter over everything. Hannity would go in under Campos' left toe nail and come out his right eye socket.[/FONT]

BBM And then Hannity would proceed to misrepresent everything that was said and insinuate blame and conspiracy despite all known facts. I'm glad Campos chose to speak in an environment of support and empathy vs. subject himself to being a political pawn. After all, he owes no one anything beyond cooperating with the LE investigation. I think people are forgetting that.

I’m still curious where JC stated he wanted to do those interviews. Please post a source saying he wanted to do the interviews. The previous source did not state that. TIA

That's the point I'm trying to make. National TV looked like the last place JC wanted to be. MGM put him on there to cover their *advertiser censored* and limit any liability lawsuits. JC should never have been put on any talk show period. (JMO)

I’m still curious where JC stated he wanted to do those interviews. Please post a source saying he wanted to do the interviews. The previous source did not state that. TIA

He agreed to do the interviews, and then he disappeared just hours before he was scheduled to do them. He then reappeared almost a week later to be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. If you don't find anything suspicious about that, then I don't think there is anything I could possible say to convince you.

He agreed to do the interviews, and then he disappeared just hours before he was scheduled to do them. He then reappeared almost a week later to be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. If you don't find anything suspicious about that, then I don't think there is anything I could possible say to convince you.

Agreeing to do something is a far cry from wanting to do something. I agree to staying late at work when needed, but I certainly don’t WANT to. You made a very affirmative statement that he wanted to do interviews. I’m not sure what you have against this guy, but he’s a victim and WS is a victim friendly forum.

Union: MGM warned Campos about interviews after Las Vegas shooting

Campos, the Mandalay Bay security guard who first encountered mass shooter Stephen Paddock and has become a critical witness in the incident, appeared Wednesday on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.” But last week he was scheduled to appear on five news programs, including “The Sean Hannity Show” on Fox News. In the days leading up to the interviews, Hickey said he worked with the 25-year-old Campos to prepare him and give “him confidence to do something he had never done before.”

But just a few hours before Campos was set to begin the first of his television interviews at 6 p.m. last Thursday, Hickey said MGM officials started filling his head with fears.

“I was concerned when, four hours before these interviews are to start, that questions of him being capable to do these interviews are being thrown out,” Hickey said.

At the time, Campos was staying in a Las Vegas-area hotel suite, with a living room and an adjoining bedroom. Hickey and MGM officials met privately in the bedroom about 1 p.m. When they came out at around 2 p.m., Campos had disappeared.

“He never told me personally that he wanted to not do the interviews, Hickey said.

Union_ MGM warned Campos about interviews after Las Vegas shooting – Las Vegas Review-Journal

That's the point I'm trying to make. National TV looked like the last place JC wanted to be. MGM put him on there to cover their *advertiser censored* and limit any liability lawsuits. JC should never have been put on any talk show period. (JMO)

How did JC limit MGM liability lawsuits by appearing on Ellen?

This is the best graphic I have seen so far of the entire 32nd floor.
web_What_Jesus_Campos_Said_online.jpg

Image Source

What I find suspicious was that JC wasn't involved in every meeting that took place. That he was the victim, yet four days of preparation for these interviews plus meetings held behind his back while holed up in a hotel would be more than enough to raise the ire of any normal person. By the Union President's reaction, that doesn't get it says a lot about the level of pressure JC was faced with.

"On Thursday at about 1 p.m., Hickey said he and the union’s local president took a meeting with MGM officials in the bedroom, while Campos, the other union member and a security guard hired by MGM to protect Campos waited in the living room.
At 2 p.m., when Hickey emerged from the meeting, he said Campos and the other people were gone."
https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...skips-tv-interviews-after-las-vegas-shooting/

He didn't really limit any risk for MGM. The interview left out some of the timeline. He didn't discuss what happened from the time he called the security desk. JC still seemed very emotional and unprepared to have a high public media profile for now.

JMO, he was sort of stuck between the news media clamoring for an interview and his employer, MGM, wanting to have some control over what he said. The guy just needs to be left alone for a while to heal. He'll talk when he's ready, but I also have the feeling there's more he knows and will discuss. As many of us have speculated, there was probably a delay between him notifying security and them calling 911 or perhaps downplaying it as a minor incident when they did call. Seems like SS saw some things that night, too. I like how SS seems very supportive and somewhat protective of JC. He knows JC had a very difficult experience.

This is the best graphic I have seen so far of the entire 32nd floor.
web_What_Jesus_Campos_Said_online.jpg

Image Source

-thanks Kaa, this is a great visual!
somewhere on the thread there are some earlier statements from union guy saying that JC wants to do the interviews because it would help him to tell his side and move on. Union guy says “i hope he does because he has a good story to tell/share”.

-on the Today show interview with SS, he said something similar in reference to himself “this is MY SIDE...”.

-does anyone have a backup to the terms of the agreed Ellen interview being accepted only on the grounds of exclusivity?

Ellen Degeneres doesn't pretend to be a journalist. Her interviews are about entertainment and emotion, not investigative reporting. Her TV shows are scripted. The Ellen show is recorded a day or two before it airs and edited for time and content. JC would have been pre-interviewed by a producer before the taping of the show. The producer would have given Ellen the questions that produced the best answers. It allows them some control over what is presented and how. With at least two lawsuits now filed, the lawyers for MGM Resorts are going to want to make sure they don't put anything out that can be used against them. Not if they can avoid it. And having him go on a recorded, basically scripted show would be a good move.

-thanks Kaa, this is a great visual!
somewhere on the thread there are some earlier statements from union guy saying that JC wants to do the interviews because it would help him to tell his side and move on. Union guy says “i hope he does because he has a good story to tell/share”.

-on the Today show interview with SS, he said something similar in reference to himself “this is MY SIDE...”.

-does anyone have a backup to the terms of the agreed Ellen interview being accepted only on the grounds of exclusivity?

I think the Union President used a very poor choice of words if he said anyone had a "good story to tell/share". There was nothing "good" about the tragedy, compared to say, watching a good movie.

The words "my side" probably refers to giving the public his account of what happened - "the other side" is all the false and fabricated online stories that have been circulating about him. He had to have some idea the level of lies and fabrications being spread especially since a phoney news site maliciously reported his arrest.

JMO

Ellen Degeneres doesn't pretend to be a journalist. Her interviews are about entertainment and emotion, not investigative reporting. Her TV shows are scripted. The Ellen show is recorded a day or two before it airs and edited for time and content. JC would have been pre-interviewed by a producer before the taping of the show. The producer would have given Ellen the questions that produced the best answers. It allows them some control over what is presented and how. With at least two lawsuits now filed, the lawyers for MGM Resorts are going to want to make sure they don't put anything out that can be used against them. Not if they can avoid it. And having him go on a recorded, basically scripted show would be a good move.

Yes but then you'd also have to presume JC is aware of information that would increase MGMs liability and so then he what....lied, covered it up, what???

And hypothetically, like what??? What could JC possibly know that would make even one iota of difference regarding the liability lawsuits filed?

Yes but then you'd also have to presume JC is aware of information that would increase MGMs liability and so then he what....lied, covered it up, what???

And hypothetically, like what??? What could JC possibly know that would make even one iota of difference regarding the liability lawsuits filed?

I think people believe he's helping cover up the amount time between when he called for help and when the message was delivered and help sent.

I think the Union President used a very poor choice of words if he said anyone had a "good story to tell/share". There was nothing "good" about the tragedy, compared to say, watching a good movie.

The words "my side" probably refers to giving the public his account of what happened - "the other side" is all the false and fabricated online stories that have been circulating about him. He had to have some idea the level of lies and fabrications being spread especially since a phoney news site maliciously reported his arrest.

JMO

-agree ‘a good story to tell’ in the midst of the deadliest mass shooting massacre is a poor choice of words. i don’t think he meant anything by it, instead it appears to be a form of encouragement in my opinion. like JC ‘a victim and key witness giving his own accounting of his personal experience’. not by “2nd person” accounting.

-in my above reference to “my side”, for clarity-this is specifically to SS on the Today show.

-i’m unclear of the “other side” referenced above in response?

JMO

Right. There's his side and there are the million other "sides" we've heard so far.

I think people believe he's helping cover up the amount time between when he called for help and when the message was delivered and help sent.
It would not have made any difference to the outcome.. there was nothing that could be done any faster..

Now that NyTimes video is what I would call great investigative reporting instead of the usual rehashing of stories, videos amd graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler