Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the update regarding the possible Namus match for the above name. If true, then there are many missing persons sights that need to be updated, as she is still listed as missing on many. No other details, ie: alive or recovered remains. Thanks for all comments!

Thank you for the information. After contacting Oakland PD, I have found out that Theresa was located in 1999.
Jessica Esber
DNA Project Manager
Clark County Office of the Coroner/Medical Examiner

Here is the update regarding the possible Namus match for the above name. If true, then there are many missing persons sights that need to be updated, as she is still listed as missing on many. No other details, ie: alive or recovered remains. Thanks for all comments!

Thank you for the information. After contacting Oakland PD, I have found out that Theresa was located in 1999.
Jessica Esber
DNA Project Manager
Clark County Office of the Coroner/Medical Examiner

Interesting info. I just passed the info on to Meaghan of CharleyProject and Helene at DoeNet.

Laureen Rahn is still listed as missing. The link in the OP no longer works and there is too little information for me to determine if the Jane Doe in the OP is still listed as unidentified or not. If so and someone can find a current NamUs, doenetwork, or state or county link for this jane doe please start a new thread for her if a thread does not already exist.

thank you,
Cubby

Schultz is listed as a NamUs rule-out for the UID, but that does prove it was a strong enough resemblance for someone to submit it.

Welcome to Websleuths, by the way!

I live very close to where AGJD's body was found, so many years ago. It is now homes and streets, as described; but I still think about it and her every day when I pass by.

Hey Everybody!

I sent a message to my friend at the Clark County Coroner's office today asking about AGJD's DNA and whether or not it is in fact in the CODIS database, or - only at UNT as her NamUS page states. When I learn more, I will pass on the info. I have also asked for an update on the pending CODIS submissions from last summer. There were quite a few as you all know and hopefully some have been ruled out by now.

I read your post Malaika and so connect to your feelings on this. This is a case that so many of us think about each day. My thoughts also extend to the wonderful investigators who have spend literally their lifetime giving respect and dignity to these victims.

For me, I have to admit that I'm still in shock that this child wasn't Sherrlynn Mitchell. I have even tried to figure out if the DNA could have been mistyped somehow. Silly, right...but the many comparison photos (thanks Carl) still haunt me.

Anyhow ---glad to see the new posts and look forward to the day when (not if) we all know the answer.

God Bless!

Just throwing out a possible...

CYNTHIA GASTELLE
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gastelle_cynthia.html

[I'm not technically savvy enough to know how to copy-paste side-by-side pics yet :p]

Here are the side-by-sides:

2173410900045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2281003590045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2578205470045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

AGJD's nose looks a little narrower. But it may just be lighting. There is a 2" height difference, and eye color (Hazel vs. Brown). All minor stuff. I've seen heights and eye colors mistaken before.

They do look fairly similar though, and I would think it is worth a look .

I have let my friend at Clark County know about Cynthia Gastelle- he will take a look. He's been so busy, but will try to get us an update on the other pending CODIS matches soon.
Thanks to all who continue to search for this young girl's identity. One day we will have the answer!

thanks Nola. were you going to submit the names we have thrown about here on the thread?

thanks Nola. were you going to submit the names we have thrown about here on the thread?

Hey Webrocket,
This is a case that haunts me everyday so I am glad to pass along possible matches that fit (within reason) the physical and time parameters for this Jane Doe. In fact, the rule out list that the Clark County investigator shared with me last year was inclusive of many of the names that have been discussed on this thread - just goes to show what an impact Webslueth members have had on this investigation.
Cynthia Gastelle had not before been considered by Las Vegas LE, now she will be looked at. Hopefully there is more information for CG in CODIS or with local LE -something like dentals, fingerprints, DNA to compare. Many possibles can't be ruled out or in without known comparables.
Glad to contribute in anyway - I love the fact that so many people are touched by this young girl - this work will be the reason this case is resolved one day.
Nola

There are three photos of Cynthia, and unfortunately, none of them show her teeth.

AGJD has a gap between 7&8 (i.e., the two upper front teeth to the right of center).

There are three photos of Cynthia, and unfortunately, none of them show her teeth.

AGJD has a gap between 7&8 (i.e., the two upper front teeth to the right of center).

You're right Carl, IMO AGJD has a visually recognizable dental feature - sure wish Cynthia's NamUs file included dental info. I hope that LV LE will be able to obtain dentals. Since none are shown as available on other sites for Cynthia it makes me wonder if any are available at all.

I always get sad when there seems to be so little details surrounding a child's disappearance. I know that it has a good deal to do with the time (1980s) and fewer resources for duplication of photos, case files surviving, etc. I have heard of family members giving LE every photo that they have of their loved one and never having the pictures returned -- so it ends up that these pictures are lost to LE files and then misplaced or destroyed years later. I also have seen cases where dentists destroy their patient files after 7 years and depending on how often a child went to the dentist or how soon LE requested the dental charts following their disappearance may or may not have existing x-rays to include in the case file.

As a teenager back in 1980, Cynthia more than likely would have been considered a runaway and details such as this (info that we now know the value of) may not have been obtained at all. Hoping that it was and she can be properly and quickly compared to this and other Jane Does.

I know I sortof just threw this comparison out there, but I do actually think it holds water.

Based on a visual comparison of the few photos of AGJD and CG, both seem to have pretty narrow noses. [Yes Carl I think the lighting in the AGJD photo is less than ideal, and probably makes her appear puffier and more bulbous-eyed, and her nose narrower, than I think was the case.] But what struck me was the similarity in mouths between the two girls; both had small mouths with somewhat dark-colored lips, and both girls' mouths had a slight downturn. Eyebrows are hard to compare with the few pics we have, but it seemed to me that both girls also had visibly long eyelashes.

Side note...I see very little being made of the crude 'S' tattoo found on AGJD... Wish more info were available.

---------------------------------------------
Just want to thank all of you for taking my starting point with CG's photos, and going from there. I don't have access to all the databases and information you do; but AGJD's case/identity continually gnaws at my brain. By sumitting my potential match I was hoping that you all would use your knowledge and skills to better process it and help get it communicated to LE.

I drove by the area where she was found the other day. Just another suburban development now.

Anyone knows of a website showing you old road atlases? I am curious to know how relevant and busy was state route 146 back then... it was a desolate area so I am wondering if it was mainly used by locals or a known way to bypass Las Vegas for people traveling from California to Arizona.

I drove by the area where she was found the other day. Just another suburban development now.

Anyone knows of a website showing you old road atlases? I am curious to know how relevant and busy was state route 146 back then... it was a desolate area so I am wondering if it was mainly used by locals or a known way to bypass Las Vegas for people traveling from California to Arizona.

I have been told by LE that this was a main trucking route back during this time connecting the east to the west. LE thinks it very likely that AGJD was a hitchhiker who got in the wrong vehicle...:(

I have been told by LE that this was a main trucking route back during this time connecting the east to the west. LE thinks it very likely that AGJD was a hitchhiker who got in the wrong vehicle...:(

Thanks for the info Nola!

I did find this awesome website with scans of every year of road atlases.

It looks like the road was built in the mid 1950s (not showing on 56 but there on 1957 version) connecting Highway 15 (back then 91) south of Las Vegas near Sloan to Highway 93/95 near Henderson. Back in 1980, Henderson was a mine town, not a crowded suburb so it makes sense that most of the traffic would be trucks. Was also probably used by travelers on direct route between AZ & Central CA as it cuts down 20-25 miles of the highways detouring into Las Vegas. More Southerly Californians would probably have used route 66 if going straight to AZ.

Hitchhiker makes sense... but there isn't much to go on so really any other scenario makes sense also. Its a good dumping spot and with no clothes or jewelry, it could also be a crime of passion with a successful (so far!) anonymous disposal of the body on a cross state journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214