GUILTY NV - Jason Rimer, 4, disabled, dies in hot car, Las Vegas, 8 June 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I truly hope they do not get their children back.. This was a Sunday, neither parent had to work..they should have been enjoying their time with their children and family..what in the world were they doing for 17 hours while this child was suffering? What do you want to bet the child she picked up later in the day from the church was the one they say watched the kids? I bet he thought the little guy was already in the house taken care of.

As a mother, she should not have even mentioned her older son in this - it's she and her husband's responsibility, NO ONE ELSE'S, to care for their children - there is NO excuse or further explanation that could even hint at minimizing their responsibility (lack of) here! :behindbar

When authorities and the public at large are going "how?" and "why?", I can understand them saying "This is how and why." I didn't see them quoted as saying "This is how and why and can't you see it's not our fault?!" I saw them quoted as taking responsibility and then trying to explain how and why - no matter how lame that explanation may sound to some.

IMO, much is wrong here, but they appear to have taken responsibility and I think that deserves to be acknowledged.

When authorities and the public at large are going "how?" and "why?", I can understand them saying "This is how and why." I didn't see them quoted as saying "This is how and why and can't you see it's not our fault?!" I saw them quoted as taking responsibility and then trying to explain how and why - no matter how lame that explanation may sound to some.

IMO, much is wrong here, but they appear to have taken responsibility and I think that deserves to be acknowledged.

They appear to have said "In the family of eight, Rimer said the older brother usually watches out for the younger ones.

“He generally will tell us anything that's wrong. I trusted that he saw all them. And it never crossed my mind we had one dying in the car,” Rimer said."

That to me does not mean they accept responsibility, more like well our oldest was supposed to be watching them. The question I want answered is what in the hell were those two so called Parents (a.k.a egg machine and sperm donor) doing for 17 hours while their child died this horrible death!

And why on earth did it NEVER cross their minds that somebody was missing:furious:

.....That to me does not mean they accept responsibility .....

Well, does this?:

"They didn't want to go on camera but say they are upset and angry at themselves for not noticing their youngest child was missing -- saying 4-year-old Jason Rimer paid the price for their mistake."

from this article: http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8459997&nav=menu102_2.

It certainly says that me. The article you quoted appears to be them explaining "why" and "how" it happened. I do not see them failing to take responsibility.

I read somewhere that dying this way (in an overheated car) is very long and painful. Hair is pulled out and there is much struggling and crying/screaming. I find it hard to believe he died peacefully in a deep sleep...

as a card-carrying longtime supporter of american humane society, i know more than i wish to tell about how fast heat increases in parked cars & the conseqences. i'll report dogs left unattended in a heartbeat.

learning today that this child was disabled, my rage at the parents is beyond description. damn them! i am going to my workshop & eat some nails now.... not sure i'll be able to click onto this topic again.

I would love to hear what their estranged daughter has to say. Exactly how many children do they have? One article says 8; are they all their own, or are some adopted? Too many times have we heard stories of "parents" hoarding foster or adoptive children as well as their own; which end up being neglected and or abused?

Now the father is saying he and his wife were sick and that's why they had the kids looking out for themselves.

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8464840

Stan Rimer says little Jason Rimer tells news radio station KDWN he and his wife were sick and their older children were supposed to be looking after the younger ones after the family got home from church about 2:30 Sunday afternoon.

and

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8464143

The parents of Jason Rimer will appear in Family Court on June 16 at 9 a.m. to plead with Clark County Family and Youth Services for the four children who were removed from their custody.

and

http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=8461552

His father Stan told news radio station, KDWN he and his wife were sick and one of their other children was supposed to be looking after the younger ones.

"When we made dinner you know after church and put it on the table and we said okay kids here is your dinner. Everybody goes to the table they usually go in and grab it for themselves. Everyone pitches in and apparently he got over looked," said Stan Rimer.

Five of the Rimer's kids have been taken into custody by child protective services.
Stan says that is because their house is so dirty.
Tuesday night people helped clean up the house by shampooing carpets and cleaning up the kitchen.

Family friend Michael Gonzalez says the house will be ready so the kids can come home.

And who'se responsiblity was it to keep the house clean? And if the parents were too sick to look after the children, then how were they able to attend church? This still sounds like a lot of excuses to me.

And who'se responsiblity was it to keep the house clean? And if the parents were too sick to look after the children, then how were they able to attend church? This still sounds like a lot of excuses to me.

Exactly! Sick or not, I still can't get past not saying goodnight to your children. One of us still has to remind dd to shower and brush her teeth. Heck, I still check in on her at night when she's asleep.

I still think this was a terrible accident. These people were obviously overwhelmed with the number of children they were raising.

I am not making excuses for what happened. Nothing they say can erase the fact that they were not, at the very least, overseeing the care of a mentally disabled 4-year-old on that fateful day.

Exactly! Sick or not, I still can't get past not saying goodnight to your children. One of us still has to remind dd to shower and brush her teeth. Heck, I still check in on her at night when she's asleep.

This is the biggest factor for me, as well.

To me too. If their house is so freaking dirty that their kids were taken away and this was a repeated issue for CPS...then clearly they are not taking their primary role as parents seriously enough to give a rats *advertiser censored*. Why even bother getting the kids back...they'll be in the news again before we know it, IMO. I am so disgusted that they have put the burden of what happened onto their older kids. When I get sick, I am still a parent...my kids come before me every single minute of the day.

This family is pathetic, they try to come up with an excuse for everything, when there is no excuse for their horrible parenting that resulted in a death.
When will the estranged daughter of theirs speak out?

Poor little Jason. Imagine how scared he must have been.

I am glad they were arrested because it sounds like they were just too lazy to look after their kids properly and there is no way you would not notice one was missing for that length of time.

GOOD! A jury can decide their fate... hopefully to serve time in seperate prisons so they canot keep making babies they aren't willing to care for.

omg, in 1 article it says that 1 of the children did notice the boy was missing, but was afraid to ask his parents about it because they would get mad at him and retalliate for asking a stupid question. What does that tell you about what kind of parents these 2 are?

VB

omg, in 1 article it says that 1 of the children did notice the boy was missing, but was afraid to ask his parents about it because they would get mad at him and retalliate for asking a stupid question. What does that tell you about what kind of parents these 2 are?

VB

Could you link that article for us? The one Filly linked didn't have that info.

But it did say that one of the kids found the little boy in the car 17 hours later. Which means that neither parent at anytime was looking for this little guy!! :furious::furious::furious:

http://www.kxnt.com/Parents-Arrested-In-Car-Death-Of-Child/2487644

SNIP/

An investigation by Las Vegas Metro's Crimes Against Youth and Family Bureau revealed Jason Rimer was left in the SUV on June 8th, following a family outing. Approximately 17 hours had passed when the child was found dead inside the vehicle by a sibling. The Rimers have seven other children. The four who are underage were placed at Child Haven. The police report details past incidents of child neglect and poor living conditions inside the family's home.

/SNIP

Sorry Delta, I found the article I mentioned from the link listed above, it has links to other articles about the case and the info was in the 1 about the parents appearing in court. hope this works, I'm not good at posting links.

VB

www.kxnt.com/pages/2496225.php?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro