Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevada psychologist accused of killing wife reaches plea agreement

This guy took an "Alford Plea" in Nevada. Three to ten year sentence.

The difference is that the linked Alford Plea is domestic : people that know each other. The suspect in Naomi's abduction did not know her. She did not know him.

If Alford Plea is accepted in Nevada, then I think the suspect will ride it out until the deal is information about the body location in exchange for reduced sentence.

I have the same question? Did he drive her car to Reno, is that why they are asking for people to review their dashcam footage? Was her plate caught by a traffic cam there, but they can't track it after that?

The only time reno was mentioned was on her date.

Also they probably have him in kidnapping and I'm sure you don't hey out of that. If they find her, then the charge can change

I'm curious whether Naomi spoke with an accent during the last 5 years - an indistinct accent from speaking English with people from across the globe who don't speak native English (Russia, Ukraine, South Africa, Germany).

If she did, could that have attracted attention where she appeared to be a young foreigner without local family connections ... driving an old car, working at a 5 AM factory. Vulnerable. She had been in the USA for six or seven months; since August 2021. I'm curious about when and where she first crossed paths with the suspect. I think it might be at the convenience store and gas station on the highway from Fallon to Fernley - Fox Peak

View attachment 338001
Given the age of Naomi's car, I had wondered if they crossed paths due to some car trouble Naomi may have had. But given that most construction workers are getting out and ready to work around 4-5am, it would make sense they had crossed paths at a convenience store or gas station.

I’d wondered if he’d targeted Naomi as a result of her vehicle being old and unlikely to have sophisticated telematics, etc. given it appears his plan was always to carry out his crime(s) and move between locations in his victim’s vehicle (presumably to reduce the risk of tying his own to the crime).

I can see the logic, but personally I’m not convinced that this is a case of the attacker following Naomi, learning her routine, etc. and is not a case of this being simply opportunistic* and therefore the close shaves with the shuttle, the fact her car appears to have had enough fuel for his plan, etc. not being merely luck on his part.

*by this I mean attacking Naomi specifically - an attack on someone was clearly premeditated by the parking of his own vehicle close by and then the stalking of the Walmart lot.

Reno, why would he take Naomi to Reno?

I haven't seen anything concrete indicating that he did. I'm assuming based on the info they now have possibly from the truck and cell phone showing he was in the Reno area. I think they are being thorough and have to investigate every potential lead since she is still missing.

If her car was used to transport her and then used later to return and pick up his truck as so many have theorized, how did her phone ping at the location of the abandoned car? The phone appears to have been turned off at a different location fairly early on…so how did it ping at Sherwin Williams? Is that the route he took once he left WalMart and did the phone just happen to ping on that drive as he passed SW? Was his truck parked there and he stopped to retrieve something and then continued on in her car? Did he switch vehicles immediately and used his truck? What is the explanation of her phone pinging at the car but the phone was not recovered? Am I missing something?

Given the age of Naomi's car, I had wondered if they crossed paths due to some car trouble Naomi may have had. But given that most construction workers are getting out and ready to work around 4-5am, it would make sense they had crossed paths at a convenience store or gas station.

He may have spotted Naomi a few days earlier and targeted her. All he'd have to do is hide an Apple AirTag on her car and he would be able to track her and strike when the conditions were favorable for abduction. AirTags have been in the news recently with people realizing they had an AirTag placed on their car by an unknown person who was tracking them. Terrifying.

If her car was used to transport her and then used later to return and pick up his truck as so many have theorized, how did her phone ping at the location of the abandoned car? The phone appears to have been turned off at a different location fairly early on…so how did it ping at Sherwin Williams? Is that the route he took once he left WalMart and did the phone just happen to ping on that drive as he passed SW? Was his truck parked there and he stopped to retrieve something and then continued on in her car? Did he switch vehicles immediately and used his truck? What is the explanation of her phone pinging at the car but the phone was not recovered? Am I missing something?

Her purse wasn't recovered either so she has to have it with her

I hope this is okay to share, a post from Naomi's brother.

If you can't access FB..

On Troy Driver.
This man is the only person that I know about that can give information that can help bring Naomi home safe.
Until we can bring Naomi home, his safety is very important to my family. There’s been a lot of people saying that they would help do a lot of things I just want to put it out there publicly that our family is not endorsing anybody getting hurt by anybody.

All we care about is bringing Naomi home. This family does not care about any prosecution or anything like that until Naomi is brought home.

If there is anyone out there that can help make sure the Naomi is brought home, and wants to stay anonymous, they can use anonymous tip line at 775-322-4900. This is guaranteed anonymity, if something were to happen, our family has put out a statement that we will not be on the witness stand giving any type of testimony against anyone who came forward and gave an anonymous tip that helps to bring Naomi home unharmed.

We have hope.
We have faith.

We are going to bring Naomi home.

Please share.

I have not seen confirmation but have heard that sister or mom indicated that 2nd ping was determined not to be Naomi's. Still looking for info on that but it's possible the only ping and info they have (or have released) is at Walmart where she was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95