Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no post in between that list and my post when I wrote the post another one popped in in the middle. And I still don't know why that something that we needed to know. Are there implications of something like that that we should be reading into?

According to the below-linked article:

What is oligohydramnios?
Oligohydramnios occurs during pregnancy when your amniotic fluid is lower than expected for your baby’s gestational age. Amniotic fluid is a water-like fluid that surrounds your baby in your uterus. It protects your baby from infection and umbilical cord compression and cushions their movements while they’re in the womb. Amniotic fluid also helps develop your baby’s digestive and respiratory system, as well as regulates their temperature.

Too little amniotic fluid can cause health problems in your baby or be a sign of an underlying condition. These conditions could affect your baby’s development or cause complications during labor and delivery.

RBBM

NI's Mom was probably quite relieved when NI was born, considering the possibility of complications due to no amniotic fluid.

Oligohydramnios: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment

There was no post in between that list and my post when I wrote the post another one popped in in the middle. And I still don't know why that something that we needed to know. Are there implications of something like that that we should be reading into?

I think the brother mentioned it in an interview at some point, I think describing her as a miracle baby. I think they thought she would not make it. Maybe he was trying to say that she had always been a fighter, but it has no bearing on this particular situation. JMO

I don’t mean for this to come across as snarky at all… but why still all this discussion about the truck? They have the suspect. They have the truck. Did I miss something? TIA

Of all the information about the crime that LE released, the photo of the truck was the most objective piece of information and it was a very good clear photo that everyone could understand (unlike phone pings !!!!)

An awful lot was pending on finding that truck, and as it appears, that is EXACTLY how they found him. With the word of the crime out there, locals were looking very carefully at every “dark color” Chevy Silverado 2020 or newer 2500 or 3500 truck. If they could find the person driving it, they could begin to find Naomi, especially since it would have a wealth of digital data that could be used to find Naomi and send the perp to prison for life.

Those of us who have been on WS for a bit have watched the vehicle information prove to be incredibly important to the solution of a crime. Chris Watts in Colorado, for example. Patrick Fraziee also in Colorado.

When the truck turned out to be gray rather than the apparent blue, it didn’t quite fit so there is discussion and research about it.

For us laymen just sleuthing around, the truck is a very objective find.

Last edited:
Joining the thread here and have skimmed through all posts so far. Have followed many other cases here on WS. Does anyone know if any plane or helicopter flyovers of the immediate area have been done or are planned? Considering the authorities searched for Brian Laundrie in the Laundrie/Petito case for weeks, I would hope that aircraft have been searching, say, the immediate 25 mile radius or so. Of course that won't help locate someone who may be hidden in a building or worse, but wondering if they've done preliminary scans to look for something obvious?

Multiple aerial grid surveys have been done. The FBI was out in the field at an area where the last phone ping was noted. Multiple ground searches are being done by wonderful volunteers with the guidance of the LYCO.

Once the GPS info from the personal truck recovered from the residence is analyzed, as well as his work truck GPS, I have no doubt more focused searches will resume.

The potential search area is huge, largely unpopulated, and very rough terrain. LE really needs data to give focused productive searches

I'm curious whether Naomi spoke with an accent during the last 5 years - an indistinct accent from speaking English with people from across the globe who don't speak native English (Russia, Ukraine, South Africa, Germany).

If she did, could that have attracted attention where she appeared to be a young foreigner without local family connections ... driving an old car, working at a 5 AM factory. Vulnerable. She had been in the USA for six or seven months; since August 2021. I'm curious about when and where she first crossed paths with the suspect. I think it might be at the convenience store and gas station on the highway from Fallon to Fernley - Fox Peak

upload_2022-3-27_19-42-26.png

I'm curious whether Naomi spoke with an accent during the last 5 years - an indistinct accent from speaking English with people from across the globe who don't speak native English (Russia, Ukraine, South Africa, Germany).

If she did, could that have attracted attention where she appeared to be a young foreigner without local family connections ... driving an old car, working at a 5 AM factory. Vulnerable. She had been in the USA for six or seven months; since August 2021. I'm curious about when and where she first crossed paths with the suspect. I think it might be at the convenience store and gas station on the highway from Fallon to Fernley - Fox Peak

View attachment 338001

Her sister uploaded a video an hour ago or so on the Find Naomi Twitter page with Naomi talking. IMO she doesn't have an accent.

https://twitter.com/sweater_vests/status/1508239578896879618?t=Xuw-7and6Wq2V_eSy4vsgQ&s=19

I think the brother mentioned it in an interview at some point, I think describing her as a miracle baby. I think they thought she would not make it. Maybe he was trying to say that she had always been a fighter, but it has no bearing on this particular situation. JMO

the mom kept having miscarriages that’s why they called her the miracle baby.

Hopefully there is some GPS data in the computer- or at least travel times

I have a new car - in the last 36 months. Everyone who owns a vehicle that is less than 36 old wants standard warranty coverage, so they register the vehicle. I recently took my car in to test the battery, and they attached an analysis system to my car, telling me that they could learn everything about my car - including where and when I travelled - since purchase date.

I hope this is possible with the suspect's vehicle and that specific areas are searched next week leading to a body, or a living Naomi.

the mom kept having miscarriages that’s why they called her the miracle baby.

Naomi's brother referred to Naomi's father as his step-father in early press releases. Her brother is something like 12 years older than Naomi.

That leaves me wondering whether Naomi is the only child of her mom and her brother's stepfather. If so, and if Naomi's health was in question prior to her birth due to absence of amniotic fluid, of course her life would be celebrated as more special than healthy births.

I suppose the point of mentioning this unexpected successful birth is to make Naomi human, to tell her story of a challenging start to life, to bring empathy to the man who abducted her.

Welcome @MachinaCollecta. Interesting information.

INMO, this guy is hard-core. He won't say a word. And it wouldn't surprise me if he has already been on LEO shortlist for maybe some other missing women in the area. But there wasn't enough to question him.

I agree. I feel like with his criminal history, he knows that it will be difficult to prove "murder" without a body. (If he has murdered Naomi).

So, he won't let them know what he did with her. I feel like they won't be able to make any bargains with him, to get him to reveal where Naomi is.

Must be devastating for her father.
I agree. I feel like with his criminal history, he knows that it will be difficult to prove "murder" without a body. (If he has murdered Naomi).

So, he won't let them know what he did with her. I feel like they won't be able to make any bargains with him, to get him to reveal where Naomi is.

I agree, and I think that it is based on evidence.

We heard from the beginning that, after her abduction, there was evidence of a criminal act in her car. Police sent her car to forensics. Prior to forensics, there was evidence - so it isn't DNA or a wallet. It's most likely Naomi's blood. Her brother described seeing her shaking when the suspect entered the car. There is speculation whether this was taser or knife.

Evidence must include video or stills of the suspect with Naomi's car and with his truck. Police could not release a statement claiming that the truck is involved with her abduction without being 100% sure. The only way that makes sense is that they have footage of him at his truck and at her car.

He has to barter what police know with whether it amounts to an Alford Plea. If it's an Alford Plea, he'll look for earliest possible parole.

I have no idea whether Nevada recognizes the Alford Plea, but point is that he'll weigh his options in his favour as soon as necessary.

We heard from the beginning that, after her abduction, there was evidence of a criminal act in her car. Police sent her car to forensics. Prior to forensics, there was evidence - so it isn't DNA or a wallet. It's most likely Naomi's blood. Her brother described seeing her shaking when the suspect entered the car. There is speculation whether this was taser or knife.

Evidence must include video or stills of the suspect with Naomi's car and with his truck. Police could not release a statement claiming that the truck is involved with her abduction without being 100% sure. The only way that makes sense is that they have footage of him at his truck and at her car.

He has to barter what police know with whether it amounts to an Alford Plea. If it's an Alford Plea, he'll look for earliest possible parole.

I have no idea whether Nevada recognizes the Alford Plea, but point is that he'll weigh his options in his favour as soon as possible.
I remember seeing others discuss that it could have been a taser. Your post got me thinking. What if the “evidence” that was left behind wasn’t blood like we all thought, but the paper confetti stuff that comes out of the taser when it’s used? This would be indicative of a “crime” but still leave room for hope that she’s alive.

Thanks for explaining the way the strikes work! Hope you stick around, we'll need your expertise. What do you think is going on behind the scenes right now? TIA.

Im in trial myself this week but I’ll do my best to stick around! I practice in California so I don’t know the laws or penal code in Nevada but I’m here for general legal questions. As far as behind the scenes - I don’t know but I can tell you that people expect things to move way faster than they actually do. He was taken into custody Friday so essentially he’s just been sitting. There’s no conversations being had yet with the DA (we make deals, not cops) and whoever the DA in charge of this case will be has no doubt been caught up over the weekend but will still wanna review the most recent reports and updates etc before making any decisions. The road to justice is slow.

I have no idea whether Nevada recognizes the Alford Plea, but point is that he'll weigh his options in his favour as soon as necessary.

Nevada psychologist accused of killing wife reaches plea agreement

This guy took an "Alford Plea" in Nevada. Three to ten year sentence.

Im in trial myself this week but I’ll do my best to stick around! I practice in California so I don’t know the laws or penal code in Nevada but I’m here for general legal questions. As far as behind the scenes - I don’t know but I can tell you that people expect things to move way faster than they actually do. He was taken into custody Friday so essentially he’s just been sitting. There’s no conversations being had yet with the DA (we make deals, not cops) and whoever the DA in charge of this case will be has no doubt been caught up over the weekend but will still wanna review the most recent reports and updates etc before making any decisions. The road to justice is slow.

Nevada Law : body, crime V no body, no crime

I tried to read about this and found that intent to murder was sufficient to prove murder, so body is not necessary.

Is it better to find the body prior to prosecution? Is there any law in Nevada that provides a loophole for "no body"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle