Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think it is a bit unusual. I think the arrest on kidnapping is unusual, too. Is this a kidnapping for ransom and the FBI/LE determined it was best to not publicize it?

I wonder if naive Naomi unwittingly chatted about her father working for the State Dept., and the wrong sorts overheard her then came up with a dumb ransom scheme. While this does sound like zebra hooves, didn't the brother say it might be a group responsible for the disappearance?

Well he did kidnap Naomi. So IMO, the charge fits. Kidnappings rarely involve ransom. A lot DV offenders are charged with kidnapping because they won't let their victims leave the house, etc. Anyone that prevents someone from being able to freely move through threats or intimidations could be charged with kidnapping. And I do not thing this is about her dad at all. I think this guy was an opportunist creep that got lucky and there was very little planning at all. All JMO.

Welcome @MachinaCollecta. Interesting information.

INMO, this guy is hard-core. He won't say a word. And it wouldn't surprise me if he has already been on LEO shortlist for maybe some other missing women in the area. But there wasn't enough to question him.
Prison- hardened. LE will have its hands full trying to get anything out of him.

He won't intimidate easily or bargain a plea deal like a first-time criminal

Welcome @MachinaCollecta. Interesting information.

INMO, this guy is hard-core. He won't say a word. And it wouldn't surprise me if he has already been on LEO shortlist for maybe some other missing women in the area. But there wasn't enough to question him.

He seems a really nasty piece of work, and not super smart, but smart enough to know that he has the right to remain silent. It’s infuriating, because if she is alive they’re running out of time. My feeling is that, sadly, she’s probably not been with us since the day he took her. I hope very much that I’m wrong.

I’ve seen a fair few folks discussing the possibility of human trafficking, or him maybe handing Naomi off to someone else in a ring. While that’s definitely possible, my theory is that he was completely working alone throughout this and I’ll explain why.

For me, it’s his actions when he returned her car that has me believing this was him and him alone. I say this because my theory is IF he handed her off to someone else and this was planned he almost certainly would have driven back in another car, maybe one belonging to an associate, allowing them to hide Naomi’s car so as not to raise suspicion. He had to return in order to collect his truck, so why would he do that in her car unless he had absolutely no other choice?

It was the only vehicle he had available to him. That suggests to me that it’s been him and him alone all along. He returned in her car out of desperation, knowing he’d have to get his truck back. I’ve felt strongly for a while that this was an opportunistic predator, who took advantage of Naomi with the element of surprise. I believe in being hopeful and I think we should continue to be, but I’d be shocked (and elated) if she was found alive. My belief is her life ended that very day. Either way, she deserves to come home.

"Detectives also added that her cell phone was still on and active after the vehicle drove off. They were able to map it to the location where her vehicle was found, before it went stagnant for approximately 10 minutes. No further cellphone activity was recorded after that."

This quote from part of an article I read this morning doesn't sound great.

Suspect in custody, pickup truck located after Nevada teen kidnapped in own car, police say
Other articles contradict the claim of the stationary ping and state that the last ping was in an area 10 minutes away (area of State Route 427 and Hill Ranch Road) from the point of abduction. It appears that he drove her car straight to that area, turned off her phone, continued in an unknown direction and returned alone at an unknown time (but likely the same day) to where the car was found a couple of days later.

Authorities Still Hope to Find Missing Nevada Teen Naomi Irion Alive

Authorities said Irion's last known whereabouts were about 10 minutes away from the Walmart off State Route 427, where Irion's phone signal went dark.

Family of Naomi Irion: 'If they can do it to us, they can do it to you'

Detective Erik Kusmerz with the Lyon County Sheriff's Office said Irion's cell phone pinged in the area for about 10 minutes...

Last edited:
I agree that he likely won't talk unless it possibly helps him

Also agree on him working alone. Very curious how/what the connection was. How did he meet or find her?

I also fear now he is in custody and not talking, this case could go cold, in regards to finding her. I hope not but Ughhh.
I doubt the family will not give up so I hope for a miracle and if not, at least closure for them.

I’ve seen a fair few folks discussing the possibility of human trafficking, or him maybe handing Naomi off to someone else in a ring. While that’s definitely possible, my theory is that he was completely working alone throughout this and I’ll explain why.

For me, it’s his actions when he returned her car that has me believing this was him and him alone. I say this because my theory is IF he handed her off to someone else and this was planned he almost certainly would have driven back in another car, maybe one belonging to an associate, allowing them to hide Naomi’s car so as not to raise suspicion. He had to return in order to collect his truck, so why would he do that in her car unless he had absolutely no other choice?

It was the only vehicle he had available to him. That suggests to me that it’s been him and him alone all along. He returned in her car out of desperation, knowing he’d have to get his truck back. I’ve felt strongly for a while that this was an opportunistic predator, who took advantage of Naomi with the element of surprise. I believe in being hopeful and I think we should continue to be, but I’d be shocked (and elated) if she was found alive. My belief is her life ended that very day. Either way, she deserves to come home.

He has a Ledcor work truck, too.

It appears from what I've read that the blue truck was hidden in the garage and he had been driving the white Ledcor work truck.

IMHO

Good points that he was alone and juggling two cars. Also I see so much talk about money and I don’t understand it. He was a project supervisor for a massive mining operation, possibly making $200,000. He had little incentive to try to kidnap girls to sell for trafficking to make a little extra side money. Also he made more than enough money to buy a nice truck. Also’its very very unlikely he would want to get involved in kidnapping and ransom with a diplomat and have to deal with the feds.

He had a “perfect” life: significant other and kids, very high paying job, Brand new truck. Why would he do something like this and risk it all? I suspect he’s an opportunistic serial predator with desperate horrific urges. Many serial killers maintained a perfect daily life while occasionally needing to hunt victims. Eventually many get sloppy and this was pretty sloppy.

They get sloppy because they’ve never been caught and it’s always been surprisingly easy. Sometimes because their appetites get overwhelming. In this case he may have thought: here’s an ordinary small town girl with an old beater car, I can pull this off.

But she’s a diplomat’s daughter and the feds came down on him like a ton of bricks.

Last edited:
I have to think there is some GPS data either in his personal truck, or in his work truck that will show that he had been checking out the area near Wadsworth where that last ping was from.

Even though he has likely been driving the work truck since March 15 ( when we first saw the photo of the blue truck), his employer should be able to download the GPS records of the truck for the prior month or so ( I hope !).

Since they just arrested him less than 48 hours ago, Ledcor & LE will need time to review the data

Last edited:
Hey folks!

New to posting here but not new to WebSleuths as an avid reader. I’ve been really taken with this case, thought I’d add a few little details in. I don’t know how many of you saw Diana Irion’s Facebook live yesterday, but she revealed two bits of information that nobody really seems to be talking about as yet.

1) She said that the reason TD was caught was because one of his neighbours saw the suspected truck sitting in his garage and called LE upon seeing it.

2) She also said that so far TD is not talking at all, but at that time didn’t know if he’d lawyered up or not.

I thought these points were interesting, particularly #1 as people were wondering how he was caught so soon after the witnesses in that car were identified. It appears to be unrelated to that.

I don’t believe I can link her actual video but it’s the latest one on her page here: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Thank you for clarifying where the information originated. I had read comments that a neighbour called in the tip that led to an arrest, but I didn't know where that came from. I'm unable to access the video through the link you provided, but I have a question : Is it true that the neighbour noticed that the suspect started parking his truck in his garage after the abduction?

I'm curious whether it was a combination of the neighbour recognizing the truck and recognizing the suspect (to some degree), and then noticing that the truck was uncharacteristically parked in the garage. It certainly raises the question of why no one at Troy Driver's work, or any of his family or roommates called in a tip. If a neighbour can see the similarities, why not others?

It wouldn't be the first time that people recognize the person in a sketch or video and choose to remain silent - choosing to tease the suspect about the similarities rather than calling in a tip. Paul Bernardo and Jesse Matthew come to mind. Their silence always means more victims.

Thank you for clarifying where the information originated. I had read comments that a neighbour called in the tip that led to an arrest, but I didn't know where that came from. I'm unable to access the video through the link you provided, but I have a question : Is it true that the neighbour noticed that the suspect started parking his truck in his garage after the abduction?

I'm curious whether it was a combination of the neighbour recognizing the truck and recognizing the suspect (to some degree), and then noticing that the truck was uncharacteristically parked in the garage. It certainly raises the question of why no one at Troy Driver's work, or any of his family or roommates called in a tip. If a neighbour can see the similarities, why not others?
This was a thought I had too, what excuse could he give for not driving that blue truck around for almost two weeks? Why didn't anyone think it was strange that he wasn't driving it around anymore?

Good points that he was alone and juggling two cars. Also I see so much talk about money and I don’t understand it. He was a project supervisor for a massive mining operation, possibly making $200,000. He had little incentive to try to kidnap girls to sell for trafficking to make a little extra side money. Also he made more than enough money to buy a nice truck. Also’its very very unlikely he would want to get involved in kidnapping and ransom with a diplomat and have to deal with the feds.

He had a “perfect” life: significant other and kids, very high paying job, Brand new truck. Why would he do something like this and risk it all? I suspect he’s an opportunistic serial predator with uncontrollable urges. Many serial killers maintained a perfect daily life while occasionally needing to hunt victims. Eventually many get sloppy and this was pretty sloppy.

They get sloppy because they’ve never been caught and it’s always been surprisingly easy. In this case he may have thought: here’s an ordinary small town girl with an old beater car, I can pull this off.

But she’s a diplomat’s daughter and the feds came down on him like a ton of bricks.

I agree. I believe he's an opportunistic predator who has fantasized about doing this for a very long time, if he hasn't already attempted it.

Something about his MO or the way he did this reminds me of Wayne Couzens (police officer) from the Sarah Everard case in the UK. Abducted her right off the street.

It wouldn't be the first time that people recognize the person in a sketch or video and choose to remain silent - choosing to tease the suspect about the similarities rather than calling in a tip. Paul Bernardo and Jesse Matthew come to mind. Their silence always means more victims.

Sadly I don’t know anything more than what Naomi’s mother said in that video, which was that a neighbour had noticed the truck sitting in his garage and immediately called it in. It’s possible that he’d been keeping it tucked away as he would have known LE were on the lookout for it. Evidently he didn’t do a very good job of hiding it.

I wish I could embed the video for you. If you look up Diana Irion on FB and then scroll down to the second video down (it’s a thumbnail of her talking to the camera) that’s where the information is, which she revealed when doing a live stream yesterday.

It’s not really revelatory information as such but another thing she did say after mentioning that TD wasn’t talking is that she felt this was now up to LE and the public to find Naomi, which suggests (MOO) that she might not believe he’s going to talk at all, certainly not within a timeframe that would be good for Naomi’s survival.

I agree. I believe he's an opportunistic predator who has fantasized about doing this for a very long time, if he hasn't already attempted it.

Something about his MO or the way he did this reminds me of Wayne Couzens (police officer) from the Sarah Everard case in the UK. Abducted her right off the street.

I’m from the UK and that’s such a great point about the Couzens comparison. While I think it’s totally possible TD was stalking Naomi, I feel given his past it’s more likely he saw a young girl alone in her car and took his chance. Couzens had been looking to find a girl but poor Sarah was just a random pick. It could have been any girl that fulfilled his sick fantasy, and it’s MOO that the same applies to TD.

This was a thought I had too, what excuse could he give for not driving that blue truck around for almost two weeks? Why didn't anyone think it was strange that he wasn't driving it around anymore?

It could be a case of friends and family not wanting to believe it. You disassociate the crime from the person you know, perhaps because - and this is speculation at best - you’re aware it will destroy your family. We don’t know that that’s the case of course. I find it telling that it had to be a neighbour noticing the truck to finally make a break in the case happen.

I'm waiting for a press conference this week. Fingers crossed. TD will not talk.:(
Im so glad a neighbor called his truck in to LE. Why not his GF?????

Who knows? But maybe he is so creepy the neighbor was happy to have a reason to call the police. I worry for that person's safety if he gets out, or her pets, or family.

People like this may retaliate years later. Scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay