Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I had originally viewed Naomi’s family’s belief she is likely alive to be the (understandable) optimism of a family in a dire situation - I now wonder if perhaps LE thinks this is real, feasible possibility.

The limited arguments to raising bail and lack of evidence presented so far lead me to consider one of two situations:
A. LE believes there is a real possibility Naomi is alive, and are treading carefully in the hopes that TD will lead them to her.
B. LE has virtually no evidence as to what happened after the initial abduction.

Here’s hoping for option A.
I’m going with B. If he is released on bail, is he confined to the home where he is living?

What will it take to do a full forensic search of the home, all the vehicles associated with it and him, the white trailer parked there, the shed, and any other work-type trailer or camping setup he has?
That’s yet another odd thing. Typically in cases I have followed, we are able to see that certain searches are being done. For example “ a search warrant was executed at the home of so and so …” In this case we have seen none of that. Seems really strange. JMO

UPDATE: We got our hands on the criminal complaint filed this morning against #TroyDriver. Prosecutors allege the "defendant did abduct Naomi Irion and did hold or detain her for the purpose of committing sexual assault and/or for the purpose of killing her.." #FindNaomiIrion Story: Naomi Irion kidnapping suspect Troy Driver served prison time for role in 1997 murder
Since the complaint repeated those 2 intents at the end, does that mean that they have reason to believe that was his motive and not the other possible reasons listed in the complaint (such as for ransom)?

I’m going with B. If he is released on bail, is he confined to the home where he is living?

Personally, I’m hoping it’s option A. Maybe they are hoping that his gf will grab him a burner phone and he’ll figure out a way to keep her alive via a friend? Law enforcement is a bit of a cat and mouse game anyway…

I think that his DNA must have been tested and, at least so far, not associated with any other violent crimes since his prior incarceration.

I don't know, DNA testing is not as fast as it is on "Law and Order". I bet that they are looking at cold cases.

But, my personal belief, is that they should look for gals missing. They may already have an idea. And maybe he was choosing gals, maybe prostitutes, drug addicts, runaways, that would not have been missed as quickly as Naomi.

What will it take to do a full forensic search of the home, all the vehicles associated with it and him, the white trailer parked there, the shed, and any other work-type trailer or camping setup he has?

Not sure how long it will take either. Quite often, they need to send the samples and even the vehicles, out to a central forensics lab, especially in rural areas, which would slow things down.

Yeah, but who would want to give this guy bail? Even with an ankle monitor? This guy...risk balance. Forget it. I would want full cash.
Even if he has the money it doesn’t mean a bail bondsman has to bond him out . Remember the case of the wacky Idaho woman? Nobody wanted to offer her bail even with the money.

I don't know, DNA testing is not as fast as it is on "Law and Order". I bet that they are looking at cold cases.

But, my personal belief, is that they should look for gals missing. They may already have an idea. And maybe he was choosing gals, maybe prostitutes, drug addicts, runaways, that would not have been missed as quickly as Naomi.
Any connection maybe? This young woman was of indigenous origin, so is Troy's girlfriend. They look a little alike on his girlfriend's twitter photo, though not so much on her facebook photo.
‘No justice, no peace’: Anna Marie Scott’s family searches for answers nearly two months after her death

Even if he has the money it doesn’t mean a bail bondsman has to bond him out . Remember the case of the wacky Idaho woman? Nobody wanted to offer her bail even with the money.

Yeah. And FWIW, this guy is not very "likable" for a criminal. Kidnapping a young gal? Not saying a word? Already a violent criminal history. This may not be worth it for a lot of bailbonds folks. Pretty low on crime hierarchy. This isn't exactly drunk driving or some sort of stupid fight.

That is only $75,000 cash bond. I am not sure, he would have to find a bailbond carrier. That may be his challenge. Who the heck is going to guarantee this guy will show up for hearings? He doesn't seem to have any real ties to the community. Even an ankle monitor would be pretty meaningless. The guy could cut it off, and jam. He has a lot to lose here.

But the bail bond company has secured that loan with collateral, so I’m sure some company would bond him out. $115k is really not a lot.

Last edited:
I think that his DNA must have been tested and, at least so far, not associated with any other violent crimes since his prior incarceration.

If so, has he been clean for these years, or just lucky? My guess is lucky. I don't think you live a crime-free life for 10 or 12 years after doing the things he did as a teen, and then wake up one day and decide you are going to abduct and sexually assault or kill someone...

Last edited:
If so, has he been clean for these years, or just lucky? My guess is lucky. I don't think you live a crime-free life for 10 or 12 years after doing time for the things he did as a teen, and then wake up one day and decide you are going to abduct and sexually assault or kill someone...
Lucky MOO

Since the complaint repeated those 2 intents at the end, does that mean that they have reason to believe that was his motive and not the other possible reasons listed in the complaint (such as for ransom)?

This document basically just states a number of viable reasons why he may have kidnapped and/or sexually assaulted and/or murdered someone, rather than a definitive statement about which one of these is absolutely true. I would imagine it’s more to cover the prosecution legally in their complaint.

Here's a larger photo of the fellow from the "stalking" video. He doesn't seem to have the same beard:

driver2-png.338413

Troy_Driver_mugshot_t670.jpg

Here's a picture of the fellow from the video. The image is so small that it's hard to see the resemblance:

View attachment 338405

Troy_Driver_mugshot_t670.jpg

The guy he's talking to (the one who is standing on the parking lot) sounds like a black guy to me. Therefore, I don't think it's TD. MOO
That is a completely separate incident (filmed by the youtube creator) than the one from the woman in Fernley who took the video in the parking lot across from Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper