Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the Sherwin Williams Emulsion Plant opens at 6:30 AM on Saturdays, this doesn't leave the perp much time. But, considering the proximity of the final location of NI's car to Walmart, the time seems manageable.

But, wait ... I'm missing something as her car wasn't found for 3 days.

Where was it? LE must have road surveillance camera footage by now that track NI's car from the time it left Walmart.

Has LE told us specifically that the truck photo going east, in front of Sherwin-Williams was from Saturday, March 12, the day she was abducted?

My assumption has always been that her vehicle was left beside the Sherwin-Williams sometime in the afternoon of March 12. There must be some documentation from the S-W people and their CCTV cameras of when it first appeared.

Question, I see the helicopter appears to be searching at least in the vicinity of White River Reservation. If the perp is from the Reservation, and has returned, or from the Pyramid Lake Palute Reservation, which is also easy driving distance to Fernley, do LE, even Feds, have jurisdiction there, or can he hide away and have to be extradited?

The US Dept of Justice has jurisdiction over Reservations in NV.

"The United States Attorney’s Office has jurisdiction to prosecute felonies occurring on these reservations and colonies. The staffed branch office in Reno, Nevada, handles the majority of the cases that originate on Nevada Native American lands."
Tribal Matters - Indian Country & Public Lands

Retired FBI Special Agent John Grusing who worked on cases for the prosecution of Dylan Redwine's father, Scott Kimball, Barry Morphew and many other cases specialized on felonies committed on FED land.

It looks like the Sherwin Williams Emulsion Plant opens at 6:30 AM on Saturdays, this doesn't leave the perp much time. But, considering the proximity of the final location of NI's car to Walmart, the time seems manageable.

But, wait ... I'm missing something as her car wasn't found for 3 days.

Where was it? LE must have road surveillance camera footage by now that track NI's car from the time it left Walmart.

I could be mistaken but I don't recall seeing any official timeline of when either vehicle was moving, etc. We have the info of where they saw them or located in from cameras but not sure on dates/times other than finding Naomi's car for sure 3 days after abduction.

Snipped from news: On Tuesday, March 15, a ping of Irion’s cell phone led authorities to the industrial park in Fernley where they found her car around noon. Deputies say evidence found inside the car suggests Irion’s disappearance was criminal in nature.
More cell phone activity led investigators to the area of State Route 427 and Hill Ranch Road in the days following Irion’s kidnapping. Detective Kusmerz said the phone activity went stagnant for about 10 minutes and that there has been no further cell phone activity with Irion. Her phone has not been found.

As previously mentioned, there was another search based on a cell phone ping. Is the suspect turning it on at random times? I can't imagine she would have her phone after abduction.

Another small aircraft looks like it's searching the area around US-50 from the mountains west of Wadsworth/Fernley and an area just east of Fallon (near where I saw the other small planes searching yesterday.)

These aerial searches really seem focused on a relatively small and close search area. It looks like it'll be in the air until 1:20pm PST, if you get the chance to have a look. Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

I could be mistaken but I don't recall seeing any official timeline of when either vehicle was moving, etc. <> RSBMFF

Naomi's car departed the WM parking lot at 5:25am on SAT., MAR 12 so there's that confirmed time on her vehicle moving away from the kidnapping locale.
Insomniac, that I am, will need more sleep so I can concentrate upon the cell phone data other than to say my phone, even when new, did not hold a charge for 3 days at the time without recharging it.

Naomi's car departed the WM parking lot at 5:25am on SAT., MAR 12 so there's that confirmed time on her vehicle moving away from the kidnapping locale.
Insomniac, that I am, will need more sleep so I can concentrate upon the cell phone data other than to say my phone, even when new, did not hold a charge for 3 days at the time without recharging it.

Thanks, yes I should have clarified . . .I haven't (or don't recall) seeing details on movement of either car other than the time of abduction and when they located both vehicles. I have not seen any info as to when either one was possibly moved, other than Naomi's car when she was abducted.

Another small aircraft looks like it's searching the area around US-50 from the mountains west of Wadsworth/Fernley and an area just east of Fallon (near where I saw the other small planes searching yesterday.)

These aerial searches really seem focused on a relatively small and close search area. It looks like it'll be in the air until 1:20pm PST, if you get the chance to have a look. Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

It was flying at 17,000 ft for most all those turns. Probably too high for a grid search. Maybe someone out enjoying a beautiful day for flying.

Might be a bit off topic (pertaining to all cases, not just this one) but those of you who follow these types of cases regularly, how often would you say they are solved by LE vs a citizen's tip/help?

What
Does everyone think he was stalking her and knew her routine? I’m not sure about that. Did he know a shuttle bus was coming? Why would he wait within minutes of the arrival of the shuttle to abduct her when he had other opportunities. Or is it just a coincidence with the time frame?
Or, did he think she worked at Walmart and she was waiting for her shift to start. JMO
What is he knew her routine well. Knew from previous conversations that she hangs out in her car on social media. Maybe to cover his own tracks, he gave her time to make social media posts, which he then commented or “liked” to kind of be his alibi. Then with just a few minutes left before the work bus arrived, he moved in on her.

I don't believe her phone was charged and on for three days. The article stated that they got a ping on Tuesday that led them to the location of her car, and later ping led them to Hill Ranch Rd area, where phone went dead about 10 minutes later. The wording of the article was such that my first thought was the same, that he was carrying the phone around for three days with it on, but then it dawned on me that what the article was probably saying was they got the cell phone data on Tuesday, and that the pings at those locations were probably during the commission of the crime. I think it was just a poorly- worded article. JMO

Last edited:

Since they don't have possession of her phone, I wonder if the three days reflects how long it took to get ping data from the phone company rather than whether her phone was actually pinging at that moment?

Do we have anything on how they think the perp left the scene after he dumped her car? Sorry if it has been discussed and I missed it. It only just dawned on me that he could have driven the car to the dump site but then what? Walk back? Take an Uber?

I don't believe her phone was charged and on for three days. The article stated that they got a ping on Tuesday that led them to the location of her car, and later ping led them to Hill Ranch Rd area, where phone went dead about 10 minutes later. The wording of the article was such that my first thought was the same, that he was carrying the phone around for three days with it on, but then it dawned on me that what the article was probably saying was they got the cell phone data on Tuesday, and that the pings at those locations were probably during the commission of the crime. I think it was just a poorly- worded article. JMO
I don't know much about phone pings, but could the pings have occurred when someone was trying to call her?

Do we have anything on how they think the perp left the scene after he dumped her car? Sorry if it has been discussed and I missed it. It only just dawned on me that he could have driven the car to the dump site but then what? Walk back? Take an Uber?

Speculation that he parked the blue truck in question, walked to Walmart, abducted Naomi. Whether she was transferred or not we don't know. I haven't seen a definitive timeline of when he may have taken the truck. We know her car was found 3 days later but that's about it that I know of.

@SteveP The presser, that I believe was last Thursday, the Sherriff stated that a ping led them to the secondary location but did not say from whose phone. Have they came out now and said it was from her phone? I only ask because her sister stated that the last ping was at 0523

Their statement implies so:

On Tuesday, March 15, a ping of Irion’s cell phone led authorities to the industrial park in Fernley where they found her car around noon. Deputies say evidence found inside the car suggests Irion’s disappearance was criminal in nature.

More cell phone activity led investigators to the area of State Route 427 and Hill Ranch Road in the days following Irion’s kidnapping. Detective Kusmerz said the phone activity went stagnant for about 10 minutes and that there has been no further cell phone activity with Irion. Her phone has not been found.

We have no concrete information, but I think most people here are in agreement that after dumping Naomi's car, her attacker probably walked to the dark truck which LE is seeking info on, which was probably parked out of sight nearby, and was caught on cam leaving that site late afternoon. JMO

I can’t remember if this was posted here yesterday so I’m sorry if it was. But this was released by LE yesterday during the PC. It’s the map of her phone pings that the FBI made.

Her sister stated during an interview that her phone stopped pinging on the day she went missing (Sat 3/12) and has not been turned on since. So I’m guessing that all the info they gathered regarding her phone just took a couple days to get, but the ping information is only from Sat. AFAIK they still haven’t verified whether it was her phone or a different one that led them to that secondary location near Wadsworth, however that area is included in the FBI image. But tbh I really don’t know how to read that map so I don’t fully know what it means haha. 79CDF0B4-072D-400E-8FD0-EB103AAA169E.jpeg

OP did not post an accompanying news link, My comment was based on the OPs statement:

"Snipped from news: On Tuesday, March 15, a ping of Irion’s cell phone led authorities to the industrial park in Fernley where they found her car around noon."

Phone is with Naomi on SAT the 12th. If it is still pinging on TUES the 15th, it had to be turned on or it could not be pinging, correct? This article states a phone cannot communicate with cell towers if the phone is off. So, you'll need to show me data that proves otherwise, please!

Can a mobile phone be tracked when switched off?

Edited to add:

How could her cell phone ping on Tuesday to the location where her car was found if her cell phone was not inside of her car when it was discovered?

Last edited:
@SteveP The presser, that I believe was last Thursday, the Sherriff stated that a ping led them to the secondary location but did not say from whose phone. Have they came out now and said it was from her phone? I only ask because her sister stated that the last ping was at 0523
SBM, BBM. Didn't the abduction start at 5:25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95