Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a similar case, Kelsey Smith, that I saw on See No Evil. Kelsey was kidnapped in a Target parking lot after being followed through the store by a man. He raped her, killed her, and ditched her car in a mall parking lot. He was caught and convicted.

I think the similarities might be interesting to those questioning why the suspect in this case would not be more concerned about witnesses in both the abduction and the dumping of the car. I think he was just willing to take the risk and he isn't the only one to do so.

Since they don't have possession of her phone, I wonder if the three days reflects how long it took to get ping data from the phone company rather than whether her phone was actually pinging at that moment?

I certainly don't know what the turnaround time is for a tech company to provide this information. But I do know this is my last post on the phone's pings bc I'd prefer to leave it to you guys. :)

Not that her phone was stolen, and this does not pertain to a ping but this article says police can track a cell phone using the IEMI - International Equipment Mobile ID
Can a mobile phone be tracked when switched off?

What Is A Ping On A Cell Phone?
A cell phone ping is when a signal is sent to a cell phone and the cell phone responds by reporting its location
Does your phone ping when it’s off?
But tracking a switched off phone is a little difficult because when a phone is turned off it will stop communicating with nearby mobile towers. It can only be traced through its last location when it was switched on by calling the service provider or through Google services.
What Is A Ping On A Cell Phone? - daitips.com

This might seem really weird, but is it possible that he is a she? Someone mentioned earlier about the way he walks, kind of how a model would walk, crossing one foot over the other. Has LE confirmed that he is definitely a male? I keep watching the walk and it seems to be more feminine. I know they haven't released how he got her into the passenger seat and Casey said he shoved her into the passenger seat on an interview yesterday but then said he didn't know for sure. I'm totally thinking outside the box but is it possible he is a female and maybe Naomi knew this person and maybe they told her that they were going somewhere or that they just wanted to show her something? I keep thinking about what would get me to move over to the passenger seat and I keep playing a scenario in my head.... someone she knows walks up the the car, maybe she works with them. Person says "Omg Naomi, I'm so glad you're here already, there's been an accident and we need to get there quickly, hurry up, scooch over and I'll tell you what happened while I drive." Or what about someone she works with, "Hi Naomi! I was hoping I'd catch you early, I wanted to talk to you about something that happened at work....is there anyway we can drive today instead of catching the bus? Scoot over. I'll drive and tell you all about it!" Or what if this person told her they needed her help in some way? These are just thoughts and maybe she would be more comfortable with a female to allow them to drive? Could someone else have met them with the truck where they left her car?
I kinda doubt it's a woman, but I must admit that was my initial impression in the beginning.

If the police can't figure out the truck there are several skilled people out here that with the swap to the truck video should be extremely helpful on helping identify. I know they say it could hinder an investigation, can someone explain how that could.

Also his walking. Different people have different walks. Some people shuffle, scoot, walk like feet point out and even different movements of the leg. But this guy looks like he's marching almost. Watch people in the military it looks like that. Appears foot in front of the other.

Phone pings are like sonar. But the phone has to be on.

Speculation that he parked the blue truck in question, walked to Walmart, abducted Naomi. Whether she was transferred or not we don't know. I haven't seen a definitive timeline of when he may have taken the truck. We know her car was found 3 days later but that's about it that I know of.

I guess we need to await clarification. It seems though that the car would have been spotted at some point between Saturday and Tuesday. Should we assume it wasn't there until Tuesday?

When was NI reported missing? If there was a BOLO on the car, surely LE would have spotted it before Tuesday.

@SteveP The presser, that I believe was last Thursday, the Sherriff stated that a ping led them to the secondary location but did not say from whose phone. Have they came out now and said it was from her phone? I only ask because her sister stated that the last ping was at 0523

I think it would have to have been from her phone. They do not have possession of her phone, but they surely must have received her cell phone data in order to be led there by a ping, which again, logically would have been on Saturday. Unless they are not being honest, which makes no sense at this point, LE has no id on the attacker, so they could not have been getting pings from his phone.

Going back to that article which is causing all the confusion about the actual time and day of the cell phone pings, it seems that good journalism has taken a back seat to "how quickly can we get a story out". Proofreading seems to be a lost art. JMO

Last edited:
I guess we need to await clarification. It seems though that the car would have been spotted at some point between Saturday and Tuesday. Should we assume it wasn't there until Tuesday?

When was NI reported missing? If there was a BOLO on the car, surely LE would have spotted it before Tuesday.

When was she reported missing and when did her brother go to Walmart to view the footage?
I wonder if her brother drove by the Shermin Williams lot going to and from Walmart. You'd think he'd notice her car if he had.

Phone is with Naomi on SAT the 12th. If it is still pinging on TUES the 15th, it had to be turned on or it could not be pinging, correct? This article states a phone cannot communicate with cell towers if the phone is off. So, you'll need to show me data that proves otherwise, please!
I don’t believe it pinged on the 15th. I believe they meant they learned the location of the pings on the 15th. I could be wrong…

When was she reported missing and when did her brother go to Walmart to view the footage?
I wonder if her brother drove by the Shermin Williams lot going to and from Walmart. You'd think he'd notice her car if he had.

Ugggh, so easy to lose track of details. Looking at the first link on page 1 here, it's dated March 15th. Geez, I really hope it didn't take 3 days to make the news, but sadly, that is often the case around here :( I don't remember when I first saw it on the news--maybe somebody else can clarify.

Also, I recall seeing those roads where her car were parked are not easily visible--you would have to be local or investigate the area--to know where that area is.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken. We need a huge bulletin board with post it's and articles like the old days --haha!

I just tried doing a quick search to see if I could find the first articles but she is ALL over the news now.

NAOMI CHRISTINE IRION | Federal Bureau of Investigation

ETA: I am checking the FB group to see if I can verify when it hit the news--will update if/when I obtain that info.

Checking local news sites as well and all I'm finding is 3/15 for the first one.

Last edited:

She was reported missing on Monday, March 14 after her brother viewed CCTV footage at Walmart.

Roughly 24 hours later her car was found. The first link on this discussion is March 15 shortly after noon.

Naomi Irion investigation: Search enters 11th day

Ugggh, so easy to lose track of details. Looking at the first link on page 1 here, it's dated March 15th. Geez, I really hope it didn't take 3 days to make the news, but sadly, that is often the case around here :( I don't remember when I first saw it on the news--maybe somebody else can clarify.

Also, I recall saying those roads where her car were parked are not easily visible--you would have to be local or investigate the area--to know where that area is.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken. We need a huge bulletin board with post it's and articles like the old days --haha!

I just tried doing a quick search to see if I could find the first articles but she is ALL over the news now.

ETA: I am checking the FB group to see if I can verify when it hit the news--will update if/when I obtain that info.

Checking local news sites as well and all I'm finding is 3/15 for the first one.

Lyon Co Sheriff Dept was dispatched out on Sunday, March 13, at 11:25PM. I cannot find the brother's interview now, but recall he said he wasn't worried that she didn't come home on Sat night, but at some point Sunday he did begin to worry, and started looking for her. IIRC, his gf and he went to Walmart sometime that afternoon or evening, and after being allowed to view the security cam, he immediately called LE. So the suspect had a full day and a half lead time before LE knew she was missing.

Also, I recall saying those roads where her car were parked are not easily visible--you would have to be local or investigate the area--to know where that area is.

Car was found here on the right. The location seems visible from both the highway and the service road. This Google Maps image is from 2016, so perhaps it has changed in the last 6 years.

upload_2022-3-23_16-51-44.png

Car was found here on the right. The location seems visible from both the highway and the service road. This Google Maps image is from 2016, so perhaps it has changed in the last 6 years.

View attachment 337547

Thanks, yes that looks fairly visible. I have not been to Fernley in years so I can't verify. Even with the growth, I'd imagine that location is still visible.

Naomi's brother first realized something was wrong on Sunday. On Monday he called HR and they reported that she did not go to work on Saturday. On Monday, a friend suggested going to Walmart to request access to CCTV footage. After watching it, he reported it as a kidnapping to police.

Not sure where you got your information, but according to their own statement, LE responded to the call of a missing woman initially on Sunday evening at 11:25PM. It is possible that they did not begin investigating it as a kidnapping until sometime Monday after Walmart cams were viewed. JMO

Last edited:
It’s heartwarming to see so many seasoned sleuths here for Naomi.

To Naomi’s family: if you are reading here, we are here asking some tough questions and theorizing only to #BringNaomiHome.

Casey spent some time with our own Tricia a few days ago. Here’s the interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member