Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure would love to know what LE have uncovered about this case that they are not sharing. At this point I really can't believe that they have not been able to identify the owner of that dark truck, even if not, the driver. I would almost bet money that they have retrieved a lot of video from the Sherwin Williams plant, Lowes next door, and probably some of the other buildings in that industrial area near where Naomi's car was found. Surely they have seen the license plate, unless there was none on it. And I would think running DMV records for Nevada, and even neighboring states should be able to yield owners of vehicles that match the truck. Then it is just a matter of whittling them down until you get your owner. They have probably been able to pin down the time her car was left where it was found. Also, her car has almost certainly been processed fully by now, so hopefully that revealed some clues to the identity of her attacker. They also probably have seen better video of the perp at Walmart, as the store has many cameras, covering all of the property.

I am not sure how much major crime Lyon County has had to investigate, so do not know how well-qualified they are to handle this, but the FBI is involved, with all of their expertise and resources. Hopefully, this case is progressing and Naomi will soon be located, hopefully alive and well, and whoever took her will be held fully accountable for this despicable crime. JMO

Police always operate with the assumption that the victim is alive. No bones means possibly alive. If police had identified the driver of the truck, that person would be brought in for questioning. It would be a person of interest, not a suspect. The assumption that the victim is alive means moving fast - not sitting back waiting for the person of interest to make the next move.

In my opinion, investigators have not identified the owner of the truck, or the truck is stolen and they don't know who stole the truck.

I agree that it's a process of elimination reviewing all sales of that make/model/colour truck with that detailing in NV and surrounding States. It's less than 3 years old, so the owner registered it for warranty purposes. I wonder how long it will take to narrow down the list.

how would he see her turn her phone off from the distance he was standing at? he would have to be right beside her car window to see that and I doubt he was there for long ... or she would have noticed him and locked her door

I don't think she saw him before he opened the door

She was talking to friends in other time zones and wearing ear buds. She would not have seen anything going on around her car - she was 18 years old, barely out of high school. He might see the light of the phone in her car.

He arrived at the Walmart Parking lot, possibly before she arrived at 5:09 AM. He walked to the West end of the building ( B to C ) and stayed there for a while. He then walked back the way he came and paused halfway to look at her car. He circled around behind her car and could perhaps see her phone screen. Then he approached her car, got in, forced her to the passenger seat, and drove away a minute later. What happened in that moment?

Did she have a Fitbit? Was her SIM card removed? Was her phone smashed? Was she subdued?

upload_2022-3-23_21-41-38.png

Police always operate with the assumption that the victim is alive. No bones means possibly alive. If police had identified the driver of the truck, that person would be brought in for questioning. It would be a person of interest, not a suspect. The assumption that the victim is alive means moving fast - not sitting back waiting for the person of interest to make the next move.

In my opinion, investigators have not identified the owner of the truck, or the truck is stolen and they don't know who stole the truck.

I agree that it's a process of elimination reviewing all sales of that make/model/colour truck with that detailing in NV and surrounding States. It's less than 3 years old, so the owner registered it for warranty purposes. I wonder how long it will take to narrow down the list.

Not sure if you know, but if the truck was reported as stolen, even in another state, wouldn't the owner or LE with owner's consent, be able to locate and track the vehicle through OnStar (or whatever such service GM uses now)? Perhaps a warrant would be required, or court order, but can it be done?

Not sure if you know, but if the truck was reported as stolen, even in another state, wouldn't the owner or LE with owner's consent, be able to locate and track the vehicle through OnStar (or whatever such service GM uses now)? Perhaps a warrant would be required, or court order, but can it be done?

Of course. If police have identified the owner of the vehicle, but not the driver, identifying the vehicle doesn't help if the truck was stolen. If the truck was not stolen, then more than one person must have access to that expensive vehicle.

That raises the question of : why hide the truck and walk to the abduction site if the truck is stolen? Most likely to delay the discovery of the stolen truck so he could use it to drive closer to home.

That's not to say that the truck was stolen, only to say that if it was stolen, finding the owner doesn't help.

What

What is he knew her routine well. Knew from previous conversations that she hangs out in her car on social media. Maybe to cover his own tracks, he gave her time to make social media posts, which he then commented or “liked” to kind of be his alibi. Then with just a few minutes left before the work bus arrived, he moved in on her.

we don't see him on a phone as he's pacing or standing there

Well, there would be no glow for a start. These phone screens give off quite a light, and sitting in a dark car when it's night, you'd see when someone had turned it on or off. If it was off, their face wouldn't be glowing from the light reflection of the screen.

I doubt he could see that from his location
as I said he would have to be right beside the car

ETA - I guess it is possible he could've seen her face and the glow

New flyer. Reward now being offered.

277252193_10159565541775056_5408648014568186780_n.jpg

Ironically enough, using OnStar is how many of these trucks are stolen by hacking into the OnStar system. Without posting exerts, so as not to promote such illegal activity, here is the link.
How Thieves Are Stealing the Chevrolet Silverado so Quickly

Also, this statistic:
Study: Nevada Is One Of The Worst States For Vehicle Thefts | iHeart

Of course. If police have identified the owner of the vehicle, but not the driver, identifying the vehicle doesn't help if the truck was stolen. If the truck was not stolen, then more than one person must have access to that expensive vehicle.

That raises the question of : why hide the truck and walk to the abduction site if the truck is stolen? Most likely to delay the discovery of the stolen truck so he could use it to drive closer to home.

That's not to say that the truck was stolen, only to say that if it was stolen, finding the owner doesn't help.
Wonder if Fernley or surrounding areas have these https://www.ksby.com/news/local-new...e-going-up-in-some-paso-robles-intersections?

It would seem even without plate readers, the truck is eye-catching enough, if stolen it would draw LE attention quickly. This is assuming there are alerts shared across agencies in the area.

Might be a bit off topic (pertaining to all cases, not just this one) but those of you who follow these types of cases regularly, how often would you say they are solved by LE vs a citizen's tip/help?

The "LE searching areas based on ping data" reminds me of the recent case of Madelyn Allen. In that case, LE got ping data from where she was being held (the perp allowed her to text her family) and they located her. She was nearly 90 miles away (last seen in Ephraim, UT; found in Loa, UT). It's been speculated in this thread about how far this perp could have driven (the truck having 36 gallons/500 mile range), which gives me a terrible feeling about how far Naomi could be from Fernley if the scenario plays out as speculated here.

ADMIN REMINDER:

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.
Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Every member is expected to familiarize themselves with our rules that everyone agrees to upon registering with this forum.

It's been speculated in this thread about how far this perp could have driven (the truck having 36 gallons/500 mile range), which gives me a terrible feeling about how far Naomi could be from Fernley.

True, but Nevada has so many rural, isolated areas - both desert and mountainous terrain - that he wouldn't need to take her out of state. Plenty of places to hide her locally and she could never be found.

I'm hoping that's not the case, and I hope just like Madelyn Allen in Utah, she is found by LE after an excellent investigation.

Where he parked her car vs where his truck was parked would have to be close. Was his truck parked in the same place? If not he would have to drag her. Or did someone come pick them up.

I could be wrong but I thought he had parked the truck at Lowes. Abducted Naomi then drove her car to an unknown location and returned about 10 hours later to the truck at Lowes. Dumping her car near where his truck was parked. Just confused at posts saying he drove her car and her to the truck then swapped vehicles. Horrible for the family.

There is a similar case, Kelsey Smith, that I saw on See No Evil. Kelsey was kidnapped in a Target parking lot after being followed through the store by a man. He raped her, killed her, and ditched her car in a mall parking lot. He was caught and convicted.

I think the similarities might be interesting to those questioning why the suspect in this case would not be more concerned about witnesses in both the abduction and the dumping of the car. I think he was just willing to take the risk and he isn't the only one to do so.
I'm not familiar with the Kelsey Smith case...imo, this suspect has done this before..I have this theory that maybe he is a truck-driver and was hauling automobiles. What year was the truck?? The knowing her routine? Wouldn't it be pretty common for people to put up their phones, wallets, keys,etc. before they exit their vehicle? I have a habit; also, of being online while sitting in my car, late at night with my car doors locked..I would like to believe that I am at least aware enough while exiting my car. In my honest opinion she was vulnerable just for being alone and comfortable in her routine, maybe not aware enough. It could happen to anyone. In my opinion possibly serial killer, a predator. They all get sloppy (and brazen) right before they get caught. The suspect was showing off and acting cocky on the video..

There is a similar case, Kelsey Smith, that I saw on See No Evil. Kelsey was kidnapped in a Target parking lot after being followed through the store by a man. He raped her, killed her, and ditched her car in a mall parking lot. He was caught and convicted.

I think the similarities might be interesting to those questioning why the suspect in this case would not be more concerned about witnesses in both the abduction and the dumping of the car. I think he was just willing to take the risk and he isn't the only one to do so.
I'm not familiar with the Kelsey Smith case...imo, this suspect has done this before..I have this theory that maybe he is a truck-driver and was hauling automobiles. What year was the truck?? The knowing her routine? Wouldn't it be pretty common for people to put up their phones, wallets, keys,etc. before they exit their vehicle? I have a habit; also, of being online while sitting in my car, late at night with my car doors locked..I would like to believe that I am at least aware enough while exiting my car. In my honest opinion she was vulnerable just for being alone and comfortable in her routine, maybe not aware enough. It could happen to anyone. In my opinion possibly serial killer. They all get sloppy (and brazen) right before they get caught. The suspect was showing off and acting cocky...

I'm not familiar with the Kelsey Smith case...imo, this suspect has done this before..I have this theory that maybe he is a truck-driver and was hauling automobiles. What year was the truck?? The knowing her routine? Wouldn't it be pretty common for people to put up their phones, wallets, keys,etc. before they exit their vehicle? I have a habit; also, of being online while sitting in my car, late at night with my car doors locked..I would like to believe that I am at least aware enough while exiting my car. In my honest opinion she was vulnerable just for being alone and comfortable in her routine, maybe not aware enough. It could happen to anyone. In my opinion possibly serial killer. They all get sloppy (and brazen) right before they get caught. The suspect was showing off and acting cocky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie