Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong but I thought he had parked the truck at Lowes. Abducted Naomi then drove her car to an unknown location and returned about 10 hours later to the truck at Lowes. Dumping her car near where his truck was parked. Just confused at posts saying he drove her car and her to the truck then swapped vehicles. Horrible for the family.
AFAIK, none of that has been confirmed by official sources. It's all speculation from here and similar places (e.g. YouTube). Transferring her to a different vehicle near the point of abduction seems less likely to me, although it isn't impossible.

I had heard the sexual harassment claims elsewhere but couldn't bring them here at that time. I am curious if the person was fired or continued working at Panasonic. Of course, with something like that in her past, LE would likely hone in on the harasser immediately as a suspect, but some people just don't care and are going to do what they want to do regardless of the potential to be caught. However, I don't know that I think it's this person. LE would have been able to get his name from their work. If they could not locate this man (or were able to locate him and he had this kind of truck or did not have an alibi for that morning, etc), I feel he would have already been named a suspect. However, it is possible he borrowed/stole/somehow accessed the truck another way, had someone give him an alibi for that morning, etc., so I won't rule him out completely.

As far as her date the day before, it sounds like her brother doesn't feel it is that person. I am also leaning away from that person, but again, IMO I am not completely ruling him out. It's possible that during their time chatting on whatever app this was and during their time on their date, she may have told him about her morning routine, including sitting in her car for 15 min talking on social media. If he had nefarious intentions from the get go, this would have been the perfect opportunity for him. Still risky, as he has no idea who she told his name to, but some people don't care.

As of right now, I think my #1 theory is someone who knew her/knew of her but she either didn't know them at all or it was someone kind of on the periphery of her life - like maybe a coworker or former coworker she didn't interact with much but who got infatuated with her. A Walmart employee who would see her pull in every day. Maybe even someone who had run into her at that gas station in the past and followed her. MOO

Under one of her pictures in the Daily Mail article it mentions 3 dating sites. I know it's common with this generation to be on their phones constantly, on social media and on these dating sites or sites to make friends. It scares me to pieces! I pray this isn't like MacKenzie Leuck. MacKenzie met a gentleman online then met him at a park in person. He drove them back to his home and brutally murdered her.
Family of 'naive' missing Nevada teen Naomi Irion say she was online dating before abduction | Daily Mail Online

I'm not familiar with the Kelsey Smith case...imo, this suspect has done this before..I have this theory that maybe he is a truck-driver and was hauling automobiles. What year was the truck?? The knowing her routine? Wouldn't it be pretty common for people to put up their phones, wallets, keys,etc. before they exit their vehicle? I have a habit; also, of being online while sitting in my car, late at night with my car doors locked..I would like to believe that I am at least aware enough while exiting my car. In my honest opinion she was vulnerable just for being alone and comfortable in her routine, maybe not aware enough. It could happen to anyone. In my opinion possibly serial killer. They all get sloppy (and brazen) right before they get caught. The suspect was showing off and acting cocky...
I had also thought of a car salesman or similar re late model of car.

From the DM article linked above: "Cell phone tower pings show that Naomi’s phone was active in the area for around ten minutes after she was taken."

Does that mean that her phone was turned off within ten minutes after the abduction started? Does the area include the search locations a few miles away where the phone supposedly last pinged? Previously it was stated that the phone was stationary for ten minutes (it does not appear to be accurate).

ETA: This seems to be a confirmation: "Authorities said Irion's last known whereabouts were about 10 minutes away from the Walmart off State Route 427, where Irion's phone signal went dark."

Authorities Still Hope to Find Missing Nevada Teen Naomi Irion Alive

Last edited:
Did Naomi's car have automatic locks? So her car doors would lock automatically once she reached driving speed (en route to Walmart)?

Was he standing close enough that he heard her unlock the car doors? Or was he watching for her to reach for the door, taking that as his cue to gain entry himself? Almost simultaneously.

No question in my mind -- this was planned. Parked his truck. Walked to Walmart. Waited. Drove her somewhere for 10 minutes (do we know where? Was he just driving around the area for those minutes?

Then discarded her phone?

Then drive to point/s unknown for as long as ten hours?

Before abandoning her empty car and reclaiming his truck.

A jilted online meet-n-greet. She could have told anyone that she had to cut an evening short because she had to catch the shuttle early in the morning. A dating app guy who wanted more than she was willing to offer. There are some scary people out there. It just takes one. Brazen. The contrast all the more chilling because Naomi was new to all this freedom, probably felt abundantly safe and free, and someone with evil intentions picked up on her naiveté, her innocence and her vulnerability.

He may have waited several days or even weeks for the right opportunity.

He knew she'd be getting out of the car just prior to the shuttle. So he waited in the shadows IMO for that moment --

Chilling. Absolutely chilling.

JMO

Family of 'naive' missing Nevada teen Naomi Irion say she was online dating before abduction | Daily Mail Online

Missing Nevada teenager Naomi Irion went on a date with an unknown man the day before she vanished and had complained about being sexually harassed at work, DailyMail.com can reveal.
She was abducted in her blue sedan from the Walmart parking lot in Fernley, Nevada, at 5.25am on March 12, while she waited for the shuttle bus to take her to her job at a Panasonic factory in Reno, where she had complained about being sexually harassed.

Panasonic knew about the harassment and had handled it 'internally', according to Naomi's brother.
Her brother says he does not think it was someone that she knew, but had to have been someone who knew her morning routine.
In the six months that she worked there, she reported being sexually harassed to management. Casey said it was handled 'internally' but he did not elaborate.

A spokesman for Panasonic did not comment on the sexual harassment claims, but told DailyMail.com: 'Our team is devastated about the disappearance of Naomi.

'We are cooperating with the proper authorities and working to support her family and co-workers during this time.'

On Friday March 11, Naomi returned from her date in Reno and went to bed early. She was getting up the next morning in time to drive to the Walmart parking lot at around 5.10am, then catch the bus to work at 5.30am.
'I saw her the night before. She had gone on a date on Friday afternoon. She was going to bed early because she had to work in the morning. During that date, they'd hung out in Reno and gone to thrift stores. She seemed fine.

'I’m not sure [if they’d been out before]. I think it was a relatively new person. It was a man. They spent some time in Reno. I saw her afterwards… I have no reason to believe that this person was involved.

55744693-10644239-image-a-19_1648120602854.jpg

Has it been stated anywhere that her car doors were locked or unlocked? If she had unlocked her door and was attempting to exit her car, then where was the shuttle?? If the shuttle hadn't arrived yet, why would she exit her vehicle? Was she actually parked in the designated shuttle- parking area? Or in a different area of the parking lot altogether??

Has it been stated anywhere that her car doors were locked or unlocked? If she had unlocked her door and was attempting to exit her car, then where was the shuttle?? If the shuttle hadn't arrived yet, why would she exit her vehicle? Was she actually parked in the designated shuttle- parking area? Or in a different area of the parking lot altogether??

I cannot find a link to where I read this, so take it as rumor, but it was said that she was parked in the same place that she always parked.

Under one of her pictures in the Daily Mail article it mentions 3 dating sites. I know it's common with this generation to be on their phones constantly, on social media and on these dating sites or sites to make friends. It scares me to pieces! I pray this isn't like MacKenzie Leuck. MacKenzie met a gentleman online then met him at a park in person. He drove them back to his home and brutally murdered her.

As soon as I read the bit about the dating apps, my first thoughts went to Mackenzie Lueck as well. Those dating apps can be so dangerous, especially to someone who may have been raised in a sheltered life, and in a different culture. I hope that she at least confided in a friend, or maybe her brother's gf, as to her activities there, and hope that LE is able to access all of those accounts. JMO

Did Naomi's car have automatic locks? So her car doors would lock automatically once she reached driving speed (en route to Walmart)?

Was he standing close enough that he heard her unlock the car doors? Or was he watching for her to reach for the door, taking that as his cue to gain entry himself? Almost simultaneously.

No question in my mind -- this was planned. Parked his truck. Walked to Walmart. Waited. Drove her somewhere for 10 minutes (do we know where? Was he just driving around the area for those minutes?

Then discarded her phone?

Then drive to point/s unknown for as long as ten hours?

Before abandoning her empty car and reclaiming his truck.

A jilted online meet-n-greet. She could have told anyone that she had to cut an evening short because she had to catch the shuttle early in the morning. A dating app guy who wanted more than she was willing to offer. There are some scary people out there. It just takes one. Brazen. The contrast all the more chilling because Naomi was new to all this freedom, probably felt abundantly safe and free, and someone with evil intentions picked up on her naiveté, her innocence and her vulnerability.

He may have waited several days or even weeks for the right opportunity.

He knew she'd be getting out of the car just prior to the shuttle. So he waited in the shadows IMO for that moment --

Chilling. Absolutely chilling.

JMO
I believe her car was 30 years old. Also, according to the DM article she didn’t drive overseas? So a very new driver. And, maybe the passenger door was inoperable? Jmho

DM spilling the tea. Too bad but we knew some of what was brewing. #FindNaomi

Yeah, the DM and the Sun may be rags, but if you can get past the sensationalism and sort through the inaccuracies, they at least keep these stories out in the public. Had it not been for them, the Heidi Planck case, still unsolved five months later, btw, may have been swept under the rug within a couple weeks. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966