NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #12

page 13 of this thread is where we talk about it, Ruby.

I am just stunned. Surely LL's and TH would say they tried to call him that day if they had. And call would go to his voice mail and it'd be on his cell phone call bill if they had.

So he is calling his landlord and employer (on Sunday) multiple times after walking away from his car and not returning to car during those hours when calls were made. LL I can only guess to say he anticipates having some money for rent due to whatever he is doing in LV that day. But his employer?

Of course we need to confirm all calls were outgoing which implies that neither LL or TH phones were going to voice mail or he hung up without leaving message and call doesn't show up on bill?

wow.

rd

It's unclear whether these were incoming or outgoing calls or texts.

There is a new posting on FB "help us find Steven Koecher" very interesting.

That is a "wow" post. Could Steven have answered an ad for "house cleaning" and walked into something he was not prepared to see.....or
actually an ad for anything that would give him quick money.

Does anyone else get the feeling the window washing was a front for something else?

Yes, and I have thought that for some time -- irrespective of what caused Steven to disappear.

Now there is a connection to SCA and Whitney Ranch.

There is a new posting on FB "help us find Steven Koecher" very interesting.

*boggles*

I wonder what they were cleaning?

Though the fact that calls came through to SK after he apparently left the area make that seem less suspicious than it might have been.

It's unclear whether these were incoming or outgoing calls or texts.

Hi sw, it's not unclear in conjunction with phone bill. If call were incoming and went to voice mail it would show on phone bill, wouldn't it?

If call were outgoing and it answered, even with voice mail, it would show up on phone bill if he left a voice mail, but not if didn't? I was asking about taht in previous post.

But LL and TH presumably would say if they were trying to call him that day or got a message. To have that activity and not say it is a huge deal.

On other hand for neither to have a voice mail left or for that matter not see his number in caller id of calls received that day also doesn't make sense.

If phone bill detail is different these days let me know, but I am thinking that voice mail used to be billed minutes same as talking.

Bottom line, with rules for billing and his phone bill along with pings would think we should be able to establish incoming or outgoing. I have to say that whether incoming or outgoing, I can't understand LL and TH not knowing about the phone calls Sunday afternoon.

rd

are the pings that clear he left area right away?

rd

A lot of the pings were apparently in Whitney Ranch and never went back to SCA. Leading me to believe he never left Whitney Ranch area on his own.

Hi sw, it's not unclear in conjunction with phone bill. If call were incoming and went to voice mail it would show on phone bill, wouldn't it?

If call were outgoing and it answered, even with voice mail, it would show up on phone bill if he left a voice mail, but not if didn't? I was asking about taht in previous post.

But LL and TH presumably would say if they were trying to call him that day or got a message. To have that activity and not say it is a huge deal.

On other hand for neither to have a voice mail left or for that matter not see his number in caller id of calls received that day also doesn't make sense.

If phone bill detail is different these days let me know, but I am thinking that voice mail used to be billed minutes same as talking.

Bottom line, with rules for billing and his phone bill along with pings would think we should be able to establish incoming or outgoing. I have to say that whether incoming or outgoing, I can't understand LL and TH not knowing about the phone calls Sunday afternoon.

rd

My ATT family plan, with shared minutes, doesn't identify calls on the bill unless they're over the limit. Incoming calls that go directly to voice mail don't count against our minutes, but outgoing calls answered by the recipient's voice mail do. The call to voice mail to retrieve the messages counts. And text messages aren't usually identified at all, just how many we got or sent.

I don't know whether SK's plan was similar. It sounds like he might have had a by-the-call billing.

A lot of the pings were apparently in Whitney Ranch and never went back to SCA. Leading me to believe he never left Whitney Ranch area on his own.

Have we talked about Whitney Ranch before? The name is familiar but I don't see anything...

Have we talked about Whitney Ranch before? The name is familiar but I don't see anything...

I don't know what my gut tells me. I believe he went to SCA looking for work and I believe he expected to return to his car.

Based on the pings, I think he left SCA with someone else and went to the Whitney Ranch area of Las Vegas/Henderson. Perhaps during that time, something went wrong? I think his movements and intentions were totally innocent and would be perceived as innocuous if he hadn't turned up missing.

But I'm completely open to the idea that I'm totally wrong.

This is where it came from.

What does everyone think of this new info?

I was referring to the cell phone records he said he saw. That is different than seeing the other, but I may have wrongly assumed.

There's the actual calls (which last a certain amount of time), and some later tower "hits" (which I interpret as incoming calls, since they're listed under "calling number"). Calls from SK's phone show as his own phone number.

It shows a definite pattern I'm concerned with.

My first theory was that he went to see someone in the area where he left his car about some type of work associated with real estate - washing windows for agents that had listed houses or helping with some kind of marketing or almost any other kind of odd job. Sunday being the prevalent day for open houses, I can see an agent telling him to meet them at an open house. I doubt he was meeting someone that lived there.

I'm up in the air with regards to theories now, but with the cell pings making it look like he left the area, I'm wondering if the PI has checked out Whitney Ranch. I don't know what kind of tip he had, but it seems to me the public search was a waste. It's strange to me that the search did not use methodical searching techniques (based on searchers comments that they got off track) and yet no other search was planned there. If something was there, it could have been missed, but I don't think he was ever there to start with.

I can't see a window washing business that solicited homeowners making enough money to support 3 people - Steven, his boss, and somebody else that did the actual work. I think it was associated with some other kind of activity, probably unknown to Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214