NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

It is also obvious they do not think enough of the "Help Us Find Steven Koecher" FB either and family created that. moo

There definitely has been a lull in activity. Maybe they know something we don't know.

I'm not giving up.

Sometimes I think there is nothing going on at the Help Find Steven Facebook, but if you click on the Wall, then you will see an individual who
talked about Craigslist and he had a hunch....and his various posts are
continuing. He has now written Naegle.

At least he is focused and trying to help.

Tuba ... on Steven's disappearance.

Post #707, May 3rd.

showing Steve to be prepared for a consultation, although self-conscious over it and over cautious about his options in the predicament that arises. Despite his hopes, no one in S.C.A. ever intended to pay him for work done."

You may not understand all of what she wrote, but the main point is he was lured to SCA & not entirely comfortable being there.

The focus should be on SCA & who lured him there.

This is clear to me and totally matches my sense of it. About his "options in the predicament that arises," I've been thinking that this refers to the sense of being had, entrapped, and yet not saying something on those phone calls other than that he is in Vegas. I sensed that he was already "tied up" at the time.
:cow:

This is clear to me and totally matches my sense of it. About his "options in the predicament that arises," I've been thinking that this refers to the sense of being had, entrapped, and yet not saying something on those phone calls other than that he is in Vegas. I sensed that he was already "tied up" at the time.
:cow:

Well, the phone calls occurred early in the morning and we have Steven walking down the street in SCA at noon. Whatever happened happened after he is out of sight of the surveillance cameras.

I really wonder what tip led to the search and what the heck the PI has been up to since. It's going to be HOT soon. Too hot for a search - for me anyway.

well it seems that this blog is mired down and spinning its wheels. especially since theres obviously no longer any input or apparent interest from the family. and if there was they surely dont think enough of this blog to keep it in the loop.
the reality and facts are with the family and they are moving on or not moving on without this blog. perhaps they want their privacy to deal with the situation on their own terms which should be respected. we're all shouting but its only us in here that are hearing the echoes and not the ones that matter.

Sorry to be so extremely O/T but this isn't a blog, it is a message board! ;)
A blog is a website that contains daily or periodic/regular entries written by a single person, while a message board is a website where many different individuals convene to discuss a specific topic/s.

Sometimes I think there is nothing going on at the Help Find Steven Facebook, but if you click on the Wall, then you will see an individual who
talked about Craigslist and he had a hunch....and his various posts are
continuing. He has now written Naegle.

At least he is focused and trying to help.

That was the point I was trying to make. That guy is posting on FB and didn't know how to contact the PI, finally is sending an e-mail to N. I would think they would at least monitor the FB group they set up. How long will someone keep posting on there if it seems as if no one else gives a da#n.

We have several scenarios. Maybe we should pick some scenarios and work on them one at a time. I know that we each have one that we believe maybe more than the others. We could take some time, and review why it could be that scenario, and why it could not. Just a idea. What do you all think?

We have several scenarios. Maybe we should pick some scenarios and work on them one at a time. I know that we each have one that we believe maybe more than the others. We could take some time, and review why it could be that scenario, and why it could not. Just a idea. What do you all think?

That's a great idea! But every, single scenario has at least one element that makes it unlikely.

Sheesh. We need something new to go on. Or TOLD to let it go.

IMO.

That's a great idea! But every, single scenario has at least one element that makes it unlikely.

Sheesh. We need something new to go on. Or TOLD to let it go.

IMO.

(checking in, read everything, strange keyboard)

We need to scour the "unlikely" things.
There are several things explained away as "Steven wouldn't do that"
He DID do something. -

The "hunch" about him passing out flyers:
If he was carrying the flyers, why wasn't he passing them out?
He's seen walking past houses.
No one in SCA had any flyers.
Then there's the contact problem - and "why earn $120 doing that on a Sunday and miss church and pay to drive all the way to Vegas and back...."

If the flyers were for a realtor, why pass them out on Sunday noon?

He DID do something. -

Then there's the contact problem - and "why earn $120 doing that on a Sunday and miss church and pay to drive all the way to Vegas and back...."

Re: the hunch

When I read that post, it looks as though there was a job offer at that time - although that is not definite yet. My thought was that he didn't pass out flyers because he didn't make it out of the first house...the one that would
offer him the job. Actually, if it was a job - any job - he was not seen on video again.

I am still on that street thinking about which house and why?

He DID do something. -

Sunday afternoon is the number one prime time when people look at houses. But this neighborhood doesn't look like a prime target. You give them to people getting out of church, heading out to brunch or shopping, or that kind of thing.

Maybe they hired several people to hand out flyers, had them all report to the same place (in SVA), and then drove them all to the place where they wanted the flyers to be distributed. If something happened and Steven never made it back to the group car, they wouldn't care or go look for him. It would just be one less person to pay.

Well, the phone calls occurred early in the morning and we have Steven walking down the street in SCA at noon. Whatever happened happened after he is out of sight of the surveillance cameras.
:waitasec:
Right. And I have a very strong sense that these two pieces of his day were very much connected in some way.

This kid is breaking my heart. It seems like he was doing all the right things just trying to keep his life on track. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but it seems that way -- looking for jobs, trying to stay connected to his church, buying Christmas presents for his family -- struggling, but still trying -- to think he might have walked into the wrong situation is painful.....

When I read that post, it looks as though there was a job offer at that time - although that is not definite yet. My thought was that he didn't pass out flyers because he didn't make it out of the first house...the one that would
offer him the job. Actually, if it was a job - any job - he was not seen on video again.

Me too. I think he might not tell anyone, because it sounded too good to be true and he didn't want to look foolish to friends and family. He could have wanted to check it out and make sure it was what they said it was, before telling everyone. It would be a time, a season, to hope for a blessing.

I agree there is a connection to a house in SCA. Then we are left with who, what, where, when and why?

He walked past homes on Savannah Spring, and didn't leave a flyer at Mr Security's house. Why would he go to a specific house, to "pass out flyers"?

The hunch is based on him already having the flyers (carrying them).

A hunch is nothing but a baseless guess. If that person has information that leads him to such a conclusion, he should say so. Why "$120 to pass out flyers?" -- that's the kind of thing we used to see, linked to the posters nailed to telephone poles. You know, "We'll pay your $100 to lose weight" or "$300,000 home loan for $500 a month."

I've never heard of anyone passing out flyers by actually knocking on doors. The people who knock on the doors, are ready to work OR passing out business cards. Flyers are the things you find on your porch, illegally stuffed into your mailbox, and annoyingly placed on your windshield while you're parked at a retail store ... and are a poor representation of a business.

This kid is breaking my heart. It seems like he was doing all the right things just trying to keep his life on track. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but it seems that way -- looking for jobs, trying to stay connected to his church, buying Christmas presents for his family -- struggling, but still trying -- to think he might have walked into the wrong situation is painful.....

Unfortunately, I think he was doing all the wrong things.

He had a job, such as it was, and what did he do? He spent days driving around Nevada, when he should have been working.

He had a pile of unsent job apps in his apartment. Why weren't they sent?

Within two miles of where he lived, were companies he could have walked right into and filled out their job applications. That's how it's done. I am very familiar with one of those companies, and they accept applications, have various jobs he could have done (or learned to do).

He had a good job at the Tribune, and when he left, he told everyone different reasons why. His family says "the winters were depressing and he didn't like working nights". His friends say "the coworkers were too worldly."

He broke up with a girl he liked, because "she wasn't pretty enough".
(That's flat-out offensive on several levels.)
He broke up with another girl, because "God says she wasn't the right one".
(Did God ever find him a perfect wife?)

I too think "poor Steven", but not because the world was treating Steven badly, but because he (apparently) did not have the necessary life skills.

I think the answer to this case, will lie in the contradictions that are within Steven...and we can't apply logic to the illogical.

He walked past homes on Savannah Spring, and didn't leave a flyer at Mr Security's house. Why would he go to a specific house, to "pass out flyers"?

The hunch is based on him already having the flyers (carrying them).

A hunch is nothing but a baseless guess. If that person has information that leads him to such a conclusion, he should say so. Why "$120 to pass out flyers?" -- that's the kind of thing we used to see, linked to the posters nailed to telephone poles. You know, "We'll pay your $100 to lose weight" or "$300,000 home loan for $500 a month."

I've never heard of anyone passing out flyers by actually knocking on doors. The people who knock on the doors, are ready to work OR passing out business cards. Flyers are the things you find on your porch, illegally stuffed into your mailbox, and annoyingly placed on your windshield while you're parked at a retail store ... and are a poor representation of a business.

Hello again....I know I didn't start the "hunch" and I keep talking about it....but I don't think we can dismiss an idea just because we would not use
this in our business.

There are some people who offer huge amounts to get folks to put flyers on windshields or attach by rubberband to your front door. I don't think they actually pay those amounts.

I like what carbuff had to say above.

We can't look at an idea and only think of all of the negative aspects of the idea. If that happens, there will be few ideas. That is why I was interested in what the poster at FB had to say. He is being supported by the others, and he has now offered his information to Naegle.

I am also interested in the comment RK made that indicated a group may have done something to Steven. I will look up the link and post it next.

Well looking up the link was not so easy....it is a post by gsmith after the search and can be found here...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100016&page=24

Any other ideas out there?

Could whoever's in touch with Naegle pass this question on, please?

Were the library books returned, or found in the apartment or car, or just missing?

And more important, can you get the exact title, author, and publisher of the history book? I don't know whether there's really a clue there, but I'd like to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296