NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The craigslist hunch, I'd like to point out something that happened locally via craigslist that asked guys, dressed a certain way to "show up" at a certain place and time....interesting read... "Police say the robber also may have recruited a host of unwitting decoys through a Craigslist ad."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008217929_robbery01m0.html

This is really interesting and gave me an idea.

Craigslist has a site where people who have been victims of crime post. I'm at work right now and can't access Craigslist, but maybe someone can take a look and see if it leads anywhere. The specific site is:

craigscrimelist.org

Craigslist has a site where people who have been victims of crime post. I'm at work right now and can't access Craigslist, but maybe someone can take a look and see if it leads anywhere. The specific site is:

craigscrimelist.org

Interesting site....I looked by date (around the time SK went missing) and by area Henderson, Utah and Las Vegas and nothing that looks promising around that time or similar to SK's case.

As a side note, unfortunately, the top news story on that site happened in my neck of the woods :(

craigscrimelist.org

Here is a list of las Vegas ones.

http://thetrenchcoat.com/display/Search?searchQuery=las+vegas+nevada&moduleId=4900944

Utah ones

http://thetrenchcoat.com/display/Se...00944&moduleFilter=&categoryFilter=&startAt=0

I was looking at some of your past posts (not that long ago) concerning the most recent employer, and it didn't look encouraging to get any insight from him (with speculation on where he is now, etc.) I also saw the linked ads to his phone #. I also looked at some sites about starting up a window cleaning business.

An ad or two I saw were essentially commissioned sales (nothing specific about what was being sold). I always had the impression that SK was involved in this self-employed venture of a window cleaning venture but I'm probably wrong on all counts, not self-employed and not actually cleaning windows. I'm wondering if he actually was paid for leads he got by not just sticking fliers on doors but by actually trying to sell an appointment for window cleaning for which he would get a commission.

Is this already all well known, and I'm just catching up?

Was anyone lucky enough to hear from anyone in St. George who either got their windows washed by this company or dealt with SK or even got a flier from him? We say fliers weren't seen in Henderson, were fliers ever seen over an area in St. George for example? I know I get fliers left in my door for primarily pizza places, some Chinese food places, moving companies (I live in apartments), and so fliers are just left at doors and maybe this was the same thing, but leaving fliers is just so trivial that it's hard to imagine how one gets paid for it. I think most fliers would be distributed by company employees during slow times.

So in actuality, was it really door to door sales for SK by handing fliers directly to people and trying to get an appointment for a commission, versus cover these 10 streets today with fliers?

Not saying that makes Henderson a likely target market for him, it isn't, and I saw his boss said he didn't send him there, but still, what do we know about how SK distributed fliers for the business? Anything?

rd

Unfortunately, I think he was doing all the wrong things.

I too think "poor Steven", but not because the world was treating Steven badly, but because he (apparently) did not have the necessary life skills.

I think the answer to this case, will lie in the contradictions that are within Steven...and we can't apply logic to the illogical.

ITA, and see this as something that can pretty much apply to every single MP case. I identify. Been there, grew up. Later than most. A late bloomer, they'd say. It was scary. And I was very fortunate.

I pray for Steven, and wish we could all just get a chance to kick his butt, but don't expect it to work out that way.

Some may have already done some research on the homes in the area that SK disappeared from, however I checked assessor records today, and most of the homes have been owned since 2005 & 2007. Except there was a bank owned property, since 9/09, at the end of the cul de sac on Marion Center St that was purchased 12/18/09. So, an empty house.

The other home on SS was purchased 1/7/2010. This would be the home the SUV stopped in front of. No indications that it was bank owned.

What we don't know is if any of the homes were rentals, however I'm sure the PI knows this information.

Hi....you might want to take a look at FB. The "hunch" poster has talked with
the PI and sent him his material.

I think it was one of the WS posters who encouraged him to get involved and help the family. I am glad he is doing that.

Hi....you might want to take a look at FB. The "hunch" poster has talked with
the PI and sent him his material.

I think it was one of the WS posters who encouraged him to get involved and help the family. I am glad he is doing that.

I see where he has sent info to N but not the PI. He should join us here to help brainstorm.

Hi...Ruby Red....I find it hard to follow the information on the wall. You have to open up everything. Since we cannot copy and paste from FB (I believe), I will tell you that....

the person we are talking about actually spoke with the PI today and emailed him the information he had found....and that was 4 hours ago.

:book: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=225335012614&v=wall

I found it Lato. We can paraphrase from FB as long as we link to it.

I was looking at some of your past posts (not that long ago) concerning the most recent employer, and it didn't look encouraging to get any insight from him (with speculation on where he is now, etc.) I also saw the linked ads to his phone #. I also looked at some sites about starting up a window cleaning business.

An ad or two I saw were essentially commissioned sales (nothing specific about what was being sold). I always had the impression that SK was involved in this self-employed venture of a window cleaning venture but I'm probably wrong on all counts, not self-employed and not actually cleaning windows. I'm wondering if he actually was paid for leads he got by not just sticking fliers on doors but by actually trying to sell an appointment for window cleaning for which he would get a commission.

Is this already all well known, and I'm just catching up?

Was anyone lucky enough to hear from anyone in St. George who either got their windows washed by this company or dealt with SK or even got a flier from him? We say fliers weren't seen in Henderson, were fliers ever seen over an area in St. George for example? I know I get fliers left in my door for primarily pizza places, some Chinese food places, moving companies (I live in apartments), and so fliers are just left at doors and maybe this was the same thing, but leaving fliers is just so trivial that it's hard to imagine how one gets paid for it. I think most fliers would be distributed by company employees during slow times.

So in actuality, was it really door to door sales for SK by handing fliers directly to people and trying to get an appointment for a commission, versus cover these 10 streets today with fliers?

Not saying that makes Henderson a likely target market for him, it isn't, and I saw his boss said he didn't send him there, but still, what do we know about how SK distributed fliers for the business? Anything?

rd

I have always understood that he was going house-to-house and honestly don't know on what his pay was based.

The thing is, there is no evidence that he was distributing fliers in SCA. Some were found in his car, which is how his folks were ultimately contacted. None were found in the neighborhood.

It just seems unlikely to me that he would have gone to Henderson on a Sunday, when he had somewhere else to be, to hand out fliers in another state. Why THAT neighborhood?

I just saw a very brief news segment here in Las Vegas that there is going to be a search for Billie Jean James this Saturday. She is a 67-year old lady missing from the same general area. The meeting location is basically the closest cross streets to the Henderson Executive Airport, where the folks looking for Steven met up. Although these disappearances are not related, at least there will be searchers out in that area again.

What we don't know is if any of the homes were rentals, however I'm sure the PI knows this information.

You can tell what houses aren't owner-occupied. If the mailing address field doesn't match the location address field, it's most likely a rental.

You can tell what houses aren't owner-occupied. If the mailing address field doesn't match the location address field, it's most likely a rental.

True. I looked up all of the homes on EL and found that many of them are owned by family trusts and the mailing addresses differ from the home addresses.

Been looking around on Craigslist. I don't now how we can possibly narrow down what Steven may have been looking at there - particularly if he was using the library computers.

PLEASE!!! Let's not give up on Steven - or his family.

True. I looked up all of the homes on EL and found that many of them are owned by family trusts and the mailing addresses differ from the home addresses.

I found six (6) with different mailing addresses. These could be vacation/second homes, and possibly not rentals.

It seems that the streets all had different names when the homes were originally built, but same house number.

I just saw a very brief news segment here in Las Vegas that there is going to be a search for Billie Jean James this Saturday. She is a 67-year old lady missing from the same general area. The meeting location is basically the closest cross streets to the Henderson Executive Airport, where the folks looking for Steven met up. Although these disappearances are not related, at least there will be searchers out in that area again.

Wonder why the search is near the airport. The area of the James home is north of the airport. It is a huge area of empty desert running from St Rose Pkwy between the freeway and Las Vegas Blvd. There isn't many homes in the area.

Yes, same general area. I tried to find more information regarding this Saturday's search, however wasn't able to find any. I'm not able to attend this search, but I sure hope Billie Jean is found safe.

PLEASE!!! Let's not give up on Steven - or his family.

Even though I do not say alot, I am here, and will not give up on Steven or his family. I am here for the long haul, and try to tell someone everyday about the case. I talk to friends in St. George, and the few I know in Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member