NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Did Steven earn money from passing out fliers or did he earn a commission if his flier activities resulted in a job?

In any case, it seems mighty peculiar that a man with a degree would pass out fliers. I just don't get it.

Why leave his SLT job to pass out flyers. I do not get it either.

Isn't there the possibility that he just walked away? Started a new life....doesn't want to be found...

where do you walk, and not even taking a coat with him, leaving coats and blankets in his car that he needed to keep warm in the car while driving. How long do you think someone survives in this new life in December?

rd

where do you walk, and not even taking a coat with him, leaving coats and blankets in his car that he needed to keep warm in the car while driving. How long do you think someone survives in this new life in December?

rd

I don't think he walked away, or committed suicide.

Sometimes I wonder if that window washing business is just a cover for something else.

Yeah. Me too.

Mainly I keep wondering about illegal prescription drugs from Canada or Mexico. Making a delivery to a client in a retirement community wouldn't be at all unusual.

I agree. But if he was there intentionally - for whatever reason - he had to have been in contact with someone about it sometime, right? Don't you think it odd there is no indication of that whatsoever?

I find it odd, yes, but I don't think luring is the only possible explanation.

Given Steven's behavior with the Ruby Valley trip, I'm not sure there had to be prior contact. The person he intended to visit might not have any clue Steven was coming.

I don't think we can rule out contact through conventional mail -- an application mailed in and responded to, an invitation, etc.

I don't think we can rule out that there *was* a contact on his computer or phone that was not recognized as significant.

I especially don't think that we can rule out arrangments made through a third party and delivered face to face.

Yeah. Me too.

Mainly I keep wondering about illegal prescription drugs from Canada or Mexico. Making a delivery to a client in a retirement community wouldn't be at all unusual.

To me it just seems archaic to deliver flyers door to door with all the new technology out. I do not see the profit in doing it that way. I just get the feeling that was a front for something else.

Why not? Or rather, do you see evidence for that, or is it only a gut feeling?

It is just a gut feeling. I think he got into something over his head. Something that seemed above board at first, then he realized it was not. Maybe by then he knew too much.

I know a lot of guys with engineering degrees and great social skills who could just never work in an office. They'd choose landscaping jobs, digging graves, construction, anything, until they figure out something that makes more than minimum wage. Most of them don't start to do well until thirty or later.

That said, I've thought that the flyers on my door, especially in recent years, are more of a flag for someone who wants to know which residents are away than anything else.

He didn't.
We don't know when he started working with TH, but after leaving the Trib, there's a three-month gap before he starts with Matchbin.

The excuse that he left the Trib because of winter conditions doesn't hold water either, because he quit in July and spent another winter in SLC before moving south.

Mar 2007 - Jul 2008: Salt Lake Tribune online edition (see SL Trib)
Oct 2008 - May 2009: Matchbin.com in SLC and St George, Utah (see LinkedIn)
Unk - Dec 2009: Temporary job: Travis' Window & Blind Cleaning.

I know a lot of guys with engineering degrees and great social skills who could just never work in an office. They'd choose landscaping jobs, digging graves, construction, anything, until they figure out something that makes more than minimum wage. Most of them don't start to do well until thirty or later.

...and if you have a lib-arts degree (communications) and not-so-great social skills.....

That said, I've thought that the flyers on my door, especially in recent years, are more of a flag for someone who wants to know which residents are away than anything else.

....and definitely not the sign of a professional business, especially when they're just printed on a home computer and just left on a doorstep.

Paper flyers (around here) are passed out by young kids. Like 12-13 years old.

Can cell phone pings be checked going back Sept, Oct, and Nov? Are these records something that has a time limit to getting them?

I'd like to know if SK has been in Las Vegas prior to Dec.

He didn't.
We don't know when he started working with TH, but after leaving the Trib, there's a three-month gap before he starts with Matchbin.

The excuse that he left the Trib because of winter conditions doesn't hold water either, because he quit in July and spent another winter in SLC before moving south.

Mar 2007 - Jul 2008: Salt Lake Tribune online edition (see SL Trib)
Oct 2008 - May 2009: Matchbin.com in SLC and St George, Utah (see LinkedIn)
Unk - Dec 2009: Temporary job: Travis' Window & Blind Cleaning.

I meant that statement in the way that he eventually ended up passing out flyers.

I meant that statement in the way that he eventually ended up passing out flyers.

I mentioned a few days ago that he lacked some essential life skills.

Like this one: you NEVER quit a job until you've landed a new one. Then you can quit the job you hate.

I don't think we know for sure why he quit the Trib; he told different people different reasons.

Can cell phone pings be checked going back Sept, Oct, and Nov? Are these records something that has a time limit to getting them?

I'd like to know if SK has been in Las Vegas prior to Dec.

We asked before, and were told that the last time he was there, was for a family event 4-5 years before.

Do we have knowledge of the phone records? No.
Not for lack of trying ;)

A woman who went missing late last month near her home off Las Vegas Blvd. and Silverado Ranch.

"We're using ATV's,horseback riders and people on foot," said Frank Mahoney, founder of the non profit organization.

some believe she may have walked from her home, crossing St. Rose Pkwy and Bermuda Rd., possibly wandering off in that direction.

http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=12451589

This search was this week-end for this woman. So if they came across anything to do with Steven ( IIRC it is the same guy that was at the presser, Mahoney) then I am sure we would eventually hear something. Especially if two people are missing from same area it doesn't hurt to BOLO for signs of either of them. Makes sense really.

Do we know if the PI is still working this case? Do we know if the family is getting updates from the PI? We haven't been told if the PI has any leads he's been following.

This case is cold. IMO we're just waiting for remains to be found by a survey crew, Dept of Transportation worker, or a hiker. Or for SK to knock on his parent's door.

I've now become a lurker. I have nothing more to offer as a concerned citizen.

You are right Sin City this case is cold. And if he is found it will more than likely be someone who happens to come across him.

We asked before, and were told that the last time he was there, was for a family event 4-5 years before.

Do we have knowledge of the phone records? No.
Not for lack of trying ;)

That would be the last time the family knows about. He doesn't seem to have been in the habit of telling them everything.

I mentioned a few days ago that he lacked some essential life skills.

Like this one: you NEVER quit a job until you've landed a new one. Then you can quit the job you hate.

I don't think we know for sure why he quit the Trib; he told different people different reasons.
bbm

You know, we keep talking about how Steven wouldn't lead a double life, and Steven wouldn't be able to keep a secret -- but it seems like Steven has been prevaricating if not outright lying about his personal life for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste