NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember everyone - we treat each other with respect here. If you don't like someone's comment, move past it and don't respond. If it offends you, alert it and let the mods take a look at it.

Do not get snarky or sarcastic, do not post comments that indicate you have some inside info and you are not going to share (that's called baiting in the TOS) and do not attempt to change another's opinion. Post your facts, theories and/or opinions. If another posters thinks they make sense, that might be all it takes to sway them to your side of the room. However, do NOT try to push them in that direction. They are entitled to come up with their own opinions/theories/suggestions.

Salem

Wonder if anything has come from the family's bus riding search. It sounded as if lots of the folks they met were ready and willing to help. That gives us more boots on the ground!

I decided today that, based on the bus route info from last weekend, I'm going to try a couple different routes TO work starting next week. You never know.

I was so sure I would see Steven on my way home tonight. Just a gut feeling. But I didn't. And I can't understand why sooooooo many guys have to wear hats. It's so hard to see their faces!

Sorry for all the back-to-back posts ya'll, but no one else is around!

Is there any way we can get a list of the bus routes that were explored last weekend? I'm only going off what gsmith posted here. It would be so helpful to me to know what parts of town on which they were focusing....

The issue of temple garments, is one that should be an identifying characteristic in the missing persons reports. But it won't be; it never is, in any LDS missing persons case.

But we have other pictures of him without the garments, especially during the YSA boating trip to the lake (where he's wearing swimming trunks and a life vest).

I do know that the picture of SK in the cut-off t-shirt bothered one family member and that is why there was no image of his distinctive birthmark pattern posted by the family. I hope I didn't cross privacy boundaries when I posted the images of the birthmark, but I do believe it's an important characteristic.

When I looked at his pictures on FB he was wearing garments. That might be something that would stand out in 100 degree weather in Las Vegas. Maybe, some of the people that thought they saw him on the bus or at HD would of noticed (they probably wouldn't know what they are).
I am not trying to pry into the lds faith and garments, but I have ready you can buy them online from an lds catalog. Is there anyway to check to see if he took his garments or if he has purchased any? I have may active lds friends and their garments are very sacred to them.

I decided today that, based on the bus route info from last weekend, I'm going to try a couple different routes TO work starting next week. You never know.

I was so sure I would see Steven on my way home tonight. Just a gut feeling. But I didn't. And I can't understand why sooooooo many guys have to wear hats. It's so hard to see their faces!

Good for you. Thank you so much.

Yes, you never know. Every little bit helps.

25696_10150131082520160_834310159_11536147_342613_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...al&view=global&subj=225335012614&id=834310159

Did I miss something about the reward? What exactly is wrong with it?

In reading the reward document, the intent is clear: a private investigator hired by the family, may be part of the decision process in determining reward eligibility.

Mr Retke, in his volunteer status, has no employee (hire) status with the family. He's obviously put in hundreds of manhours and investigated many tips, many (obviously) uninformed.

My definition of an "uninformed" tip: MY identity was sleuthed out and my name was then submitted as a suspect in the disappearance of Steven Koecher. Whoever did that, obviously had no real knowledge of me, my whereabouts, my nonconnection with any family member, or my ability to overpower a man half my age.

IMO, of course.

ETA:
My reaction to being named a suspect by a tipster? Gut-wrenching laughter (and probably the same on the other end, in the fifteen seconds it took to figure what had gone on). But it's a waste of valuable resources that could have been used productively.

In reading the reward document, the intent is clear: a private investigator hired by the family, may be part of the decision process in determining reward eligibility.

Mr Retke, in his volunteer status, has no employee (hire) status with the family. He's obviously put in hundreds of manhours and investigated many tips, many (obviously) uninformed.

My definition of an "uninformed" tip: MY identity was sleuthed out and my name was then submitted as a suspect in the disappearance of Steven Koecher. Whoever did that, obviously had no real knowledge of me, my whereabouts, my nonconnection with any family member, or my ability to overpower a man half my age.

IMO, of course.

OMG, What ? WTH.

I suppose ridiculous tips only serve to waste valuable time and contribute to Steven still being missing.

It's unfortunate that people who get their jollies by doing things like that can't find something less hurtful to do.

I suppose ridiculous tips only serve to waste valuable time and contribute to Steven still being missing.

It's unfortunate that people who get their jollies by doing things like that can't find something less hurtful to do.

It's their own version of reverse psychology; they want attention brought to themselves. I'm not interested in fulfilling such needs.

It's their own version of reverse psychology; they want attention brought to themselves. I'm not interested in fulfilling such needs.

Yes - I hope the right people are paying attention to them! Perhaps there is a darker meaning to their actions.

I have an alternate idea.
Rather than concentrating on bus routes (you'd have to have a space-time continuum to be at the right place at the right time).....maybe we should think of "services" a person with little money would use

We talked about plasma centers.

Besides shelters and soup kitchens....what else?

(I'd say if SK was still in Vegas, he's marginally employed so may have better shelter and sustenance than we've been thinking of.)

Rather than concentrating on bus routes (you'd have to have a space-time continuum to be at the right place at the right time).....maybe we should think of "services" a person with little money would use

(I'd say if SK was still in Vegas, he's marginally employed so may have better shelter and sustenance than we've been thinking of.)

I can go by those places. It would be helpful to know in what areas the bus searches were concentrated. Is he thought to be in Henderson or in LV?

Any way to come by this information?

I can go by those places. It would be helpful to know in what areas the bus searches were concentrated. Is he thought to be in Henderson or in LV?

Any way to come by this information?

I wish. I haven't had a reply to my last questions.

bbm

Recycling cans

odd jobs through on line ads.

I wish. I haven't had a reply to my last questions.

That's a shame. I cannot fit Henderson into my weekday travels. I can go out there on the weekends, but it's not likely I will find him there then if he's hanging out at Home Depot looking for work. I feel the same way about his bus travels - if there are any.

The majority of our homeless population is somewhere in downtown Las Vegas. Again, this is not somewhere I would normally go, unless I had an actual destination and purpose. And it's not somewhere I would go alone.

Just so ya'll know, I have NO INTEREST in the reward. Many of us have been here since long before it was offered. I just want Steven to be returned to his family.

I am not trying to pry into the lds faith and garments, but I have ready you can buy them online from an lds catalog. Is there anyway to check to see if he took his garments or if he has purchased any? I have may active lds friends and their garments are very sacred to them.

They have actual stores that are near the temples all over Utah and even here in Las Vegas, so it's unlikely he would have needed to order his online. It's more common for people who live some distance from the stores to use the lds catalog resource.

I

IMO, of course.

ETA:
My reaction to being named a suspect by a tipster? Gut-wrenching laughter (and probably the same on the other end, in the fifteen seconds it took to figure what had gone on). But it's a waste of valuable resources that could have been used productively.

WOW:crazy:

What about the cooling stations? Do you think LE or the PI are thinking about posting his picture at those locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie