NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe SK was swept up into something that began in St George, as in the initial contacts were made there. I have a hard time believing that he knowingly put himself in the position of being on the outside of the law, but I do believe unintentionally he may have ended up being on the opposite side of his beliefs. I think he innocently left a trail that will lead back to the person(s) he was involved in, and that we do not have enough information to figure out who it is....clearly LE does not have enough info because they have ALL of the cards, and they have not been able to move on it.

So I ask myself given what we do know, can we make an educated guess as to where evidence might be? The phone has not been used that we know of outside of the last ping-so either it was tossed in the Whitney Ranch area....perhaps into a dumpster or out a window on the highway??? Or maybe there is a better chance that we can make a guess as to where SK might be if he were in that area.

Laytonian, your thought process is working for me....fwiw.

I agree that St George was the point of contact. Face to face or via his phone.

Until the pings were mapped out, the "random hits" throughout the valley seemed like a possibility. But the map showed a trend towards one location (even though we need swjaxon to move that Pecos ping up to the tower location we found).

My own guess is that a crime took place in a location quite near those eastern hills -- or earlier, with a transport to that location. The phone may or may not have been used by Steven. Texting could be done by anyone, BUT we understand that the texts were retrieved from AT&T's system and nothing indicative found.

Unless there's another phone, there's a clue/clues on that phone that are being missed. The phone has likely been disposed of.

...where Steven lost control of his movements, I'd say it was in this area (MAP) -- the CIRCULAR area east of US-93/I-515 and south of Hwy 147. Whitney, East Charleston, north of the word "Henderson"....and into the hills.

I believe SK was swept up into something that began in St George, as in the initial contacts were made there. I have a hard time believing that he knowingly put himself in the position of being on the outside of the law, but I do believe unintentionally he may have ended up being on the opposite side of his beliefs. I think he innocently left a trail that will lead back to the person(s) he was involved in, and that we do not have enough information to figure out who it is....clearly LE does not have enough info because they have ALL of the cards, and they have not been able to move on it.

So I ask myself given what we do know, can we make an educated guess as to where evidence might be? The phone has not been used that we know of outside of the last ping-so either it was tossed in the Whitney Ranch area....perhaps into a dumpster or out a window on the highway??? Or maybe there is a better chance that we can make a guess as to where SK might be if he were in that area.

Laytonian, your thought process is working for me....fwiw.

So, I believe(no pun intended believe) that a few of us think something started in St. George. So maybe we need to start again with the people he knew. People from church, and the people he worked for. And maybe some of his neighbors?

We know he did not have much of a social life, because friends would have said more if they were close.

The girl whose parents he went to see, does not even sound as they were close according to what she wrote on FB many months ago, my opinion anyways.

1. Does anyone think sk was working for someone on the side?

2. Does anyone think that maybe he and a friend were meeting up in NV. about a business? Maybe meeting at a home?

3. Do you think someone he worked for, hired him for small jobs/

4. do you think I am way off in left field.......?

So, I believe(no pun intended believe) that a few of us think something started in St. George. So maybe we need to start again with the people he knew. People from church, and the people he worked for. And maybe some of his neighbors?

We know he did not have much of a social life, because friends would have said more if they were close.

The girl whose parents he went to see, does not even sound as they were close according to what she wrote on FB many months ago, my opinion anyways.

The fact that he went there, though, shows that he may have cared for her a lot more than she cared about him....OR maybe, when he went to the temple, it was somehow revealed that she and he were meant to be together. Unrequired/rekindled love can be a sad thing.

1. Does anyone think sk was working for someone on the side?

2. Does anyone think that maybe he and a friend were meeting up in NV. about a business? Maybe meeting at a home?

3. Do you think someone he worked for, hired him for small jobs/

4. do you think I am way off in left field.......?

All of the above (just kidding). Seriously, I think he was doing something for someone he knew - or that someone gave him a connection to someone. The fact that he was doing it on Saturday and Sunday (Dec 12th and 13th) does make it look like a "side job" of some sort.

I know that we are circling back to some of the earliest threads here, BUT we have the benefit of the phone records and sbakker's trending map-thingy. (The technical terms are lost on me, lol.)

So where are good dump sites in this area??? That is what I want to ponder....

I know that we are circling back to some of the earliest threads here, BUT we have the benefit of the phone records and sbakker's trending map-thingy. (The technical terms are lost on me, lol.)

Are we back to looking at the Whitney Ranch area in Henderson? Last ping location?

There are several self-store units right off a major interstate highway exit/entrance.

sbakker's, or swjaxon's? (The phone ping map I'm familiar with, is from swjaxon)

The foothills. All that undeveloped flat and sloped land headed into the mountains. Hundreds of thousands of acres of space that no one ever goes into...

OOPS-my bad. I thought it was sbakkers...gulp.

You know, when I was looking at the first ping on the phone records (the location) I want to say that it struck me that there were an awful lot of self storage locations in that area...this was the call SK took from GW before the church called him.

How does self storage work? Can you pay up for a year and would LE automatically know if SK had rented a storage unit in Vegas??? I mean, I wonder fi they would check it?

OOPS-my bad. I thought it was sbakkers...gulp.

You know, when I was looking at the first ping on the phone records (the location) I want to say that it struck me that there were an awful lot of self storage locations in that area...this was the call SK took from GW before the church called him.

That's the call where the tower location needs to be changed. We found Pecos Tower -- 5380 Novak Rd (by the women's prison!) far north of where the arbitrary marker shows right now.

How does self storage work? Can you pay up for a year and would LE automatically know if SK had rented a storage unit in Vegas??? I mean, I wonder fi they would check it?

Like he rented a storage unit and has been living in it?

Yes, you can pay far in advance, if you want. His financial records have been gone through, so even if it was done many months ago, it'd show.

Storage units are THE favorite places for cell tower placement, for some reason. It's not a coincidence that you see storage units around a tower ;)

There is the post from GSmith that has had me somewhat flustered...the one he sent during the search where GW told GSmith that he met someone that was 100 percent certain they had seen SK. I inquired if anyone else was with GW when he had this conversation and never received an answer. I am with those who wonder if all this searching is just a wild goose chase that the person who knows where SK is, is sending everyone on. Maybe that someone "appears" credible to the family and that is why they listen.

100 percent....surely someone else has talked to that person right? GSmith...I'd love to stop dwelling on this. What came of it???

swjaxon has updated the Map of Cell Tower Hits.

Now that GW's call is located on the appropriate tower, you can REALLY see how the later calls were clustered in one small area.

(timeline also updated)

Thanks, swjaxon!

What information do we have about LE checking out landlord and/or the owner of the company Steven was employed with....?

We have been told that the roommate was cleared? Has the LL or the boss
(both of whom are seen in the list of calls/texts/pings as some of the last ones on the "ping map") been cleared by the various police departments?

What information do we have about LE checking out landlord and/or the owner of the company Steven was employed with....?

We have been told that the roommate was cleared? Has the LL or the boss
(both of whom are seen in the list of calls/texts/pings as some of the last ones on the "ping map") been cleared by the various police departments?

WE - have nothing. That doesn't mean there isn't SOMETHING. IMO.

That's the call where the tower location needs to be changed. We found Pecos Tower -- 5380 Novak Rd (by the women's prison!) far north of where the arbitrary marker shows right now.

Like he rented a storage unit and has been living in it?

Yes, you can pay far in advance, if you want. His financial records have been gone through, so even if it was done many months ago, it'd show.

Storage units are THE favorite places for cell tower placement, for some reason. It's not a coincidence that you see storage units around a tower ;)

BBM, funny-- no like he put something in a storage unit...disposable phone, laptop, detailed list of previous weeks locations in the event he went missing...

See, I wonder if TH inadvertently knows something...like a client he put SK in touch with in St George, or a website or advice he might have given him...

...where Steven lost control of his movements, I'd say it was in this area (MAP) -- the CIRCULAR area east of US-93/I-515 and south of Hwy 147. Whitney, East Charleston, north of the word "Henderson"....and into the hills.

WOW....a large desolate area...! Do you have any thoughts as to how he
got that far? Looks like rough roads in some parts of the area.

I always felt that he lost control of his freedom on EL....that is IF he became a victim of a crime.

I think we are getting back on the right track. Let's concentrate on the people sk knew. Not people that live out of st. george, the ones we knew he talked to through the week. That would include neighbors, church friends, and people he worked for. Now, maybe we need to dig alittle deeper on those friends. I am not accusing them, but maybe he met someone from one of them.

If he had a side job,maybe he was on his firsy day doing it. Probably did not mention it, because it was probably not long term.

Whoever he arranged the job (just thinking) with, was smart enough not to talk on the phone about it,did it in person, or face to face.

Does anyone know where GW worked? I just throw out his name, because he was a friend. I will ask a few people from St. george who knew sk, if sk had asked them about jobs.

sbakker...I am visiting at home...where I grew up and went to school. Seeing old friends has made me realize how easy it would be for someone
to tell SK "I know about a job. Don't know the guy myself but here is his name and number. It might be worth a call." I am not job hunting but someone told me about a job that would pay above the norm for my profession...and I thought about how SK would feel with an offer like that.

If something like this occurred, I would hope that the person would be the first in line to tell LE and the family.

Did this happen? How broad was SK's network of friends and associates? If the bishop knew about SK's need for a job, I bet most of his church friends knew...as well as the LL and current boss... at least a few of the business people in the community.

Who would help us in the St. George area? Who would care enough?

sbakker...I am visiting at home...where I grew up and went to school. Seeing old friends has made me realize how easy it would be for someone
to tell SK "I know about a job. Don't know the guy myself but here is his name and number. It might be worth a call." I am not job hunting but someone told me about a job that would pay above the norm for my profession...and I thought about how SK would feel with an offer like that.

If something like this occurred, I would hope that the person would be the first in line to tell LE and the family.

Did this happen? How broad was SK's network of friends and associates? If the bishop knew about SK's need for a job, I bet most of his church friends knew...as well as the LL and current boss... at least a few of the business people in the community.

Who would help us in the St. George area? Who would care enough?

I know exactly what you mean. My daughter and son-in-law live less then a blocks away from where sk lived in st. george. We lived in that same neighborhood for many years, but we cannot find much out! I have many friends still in that neighborhood.

My daughter put several flyers up a while back, and she said she NEVER saw a flyer up anywhere. she travels the area for her work, and stops in lots of places throughout the county, and never saw anything posted. They are lds, share the same church house as sk, and never heard much of anything. She would bring it up, because she knows the family.

She had a friend 2 doors down from sk, and she was never questioned about anything! She did not know what had happened! I do not understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz