NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a statement in one of the prior threads that SK said he would be back in three days? If so, I cannot find it. I thought it was related to the last phone call from SA. Thanks

I haven't read anything about Steven telling anyone he'd be "back in three days". Anyone else?

Then we found out that Steven normally didn't go to the basketball games, anyway.

Correct. I really feel we are at a stop here. No solid links to where he parked his car, unanswered questions, and no new clues/leads. No info on GW or cell pings. Alot of misinformation. sigh..........frustration.

His passport is missing. Did he take it and have it with him that day, or was it missing prior (stolen)? I don't believe we ever got an answer on the birth certificate.

Somebody knows something................

Something strange about the supposed phone conversation between GW and SK. The language doesn't ring true somehow. But, I'm betting LE questioned GW quite closely.
Webrocket, we need your posts, you provide the other option scenario, and all its possibilities. Please keep brainstorming and posting ...
Laytonian, Steven's life did seem to be on a downward spiral. But so did the economy. They were both going down together, and I don't think SK really knew how to find a job. It is HARD right now, so many highly qualified people for every position.... Maybe that made Steven vulnerable to whatever was out there, rather than suicidal ?
Devil's advocate here.
I really only have one more thing to add : GO SAINTS !!!!! Whodat winnin' the Superbowl ???????

Laytonian, Steven's life did seem to be on downward spiral. But so did the economy. They were both going down together, and I don't think SK really knew how to find a job. It is HARD right now, so many highly qualified people for every position.... Maybe that made Steven vulnerable to whatever was out there, rather than suicidal ?
Devil's advocate here.
I really only have one more thing to add : GO SAINTS !!!!! Whodat winnin' the Superbowl ???????

Yes, GO SAINTS!!!!

I see Steven's spiral starting long before the economy tanked. While he was still in college, he was an intern to the Utah Governor's press secretary...yet, with those good political connections, he ended up working for his dad and from there, to the Trib. He quit that job. Then there's a gap. Then there's Matchbin. Then there's "marketing" for the window-washing company.

I think his friends in the ward were helping him out, especially Paul Doxey. He hired him to "roadie" Doxey's band a couple of times, and then Steven put up the family Christmas lights (I'm sure he was paid for that...at least in kind).

I have tried to find information from alternative sources without any success as to what he might have been up to and where he went.

Frustrating.

With all of these guys disappearing, maybe there is a John Galt hanging out around Las Vegas (A little Atlas Shrugged reference for all you Ayn Rand followers out there).

Laytonian,
Yes, I saw the jobs he had held, and wondered too. But, it might have been an effort to become his own man.Hence the Linkedin entry where SK was seeking employment as a technical writer.Something he had never done before, and wasn't really trained in. But, maybe he didn't want to be a journalist maybe he wanted to make his own way ?
The suicide scenario could be : SK takes a resume to someone in Anthem. They tell him "we'll call you." The next day, a desperate Steven does not hear anything, and takes his own life. But how ? And where would he have gone to ? Weren't the probable areas searched ? This scenario has him suiciding on Thirsday, after his VM was checked. Where would he have spent the previous night ? Was there another way he could have walked and gotten into his car at night ? I mean without the video cameras picking him up ? (because the family said he was not seen on any other tapes).

Laytonian,
Yes, I saw the jobs he had held, and wondered too. But, it might have been an effort to become his own man.Hence the Linkedin entry where SK was seeking employment as a technical writer.Something he had never done before, and wasn't really trained in. But, maybe he didn't want to be a journalist maybe he wanted to make his own way ?
The suicide scenario could be : SK takes a resume to someone in Anthem. They tell him "we'll call you." The next day, a desperate Steven does not hear anything, and takes his own life. But how ? And where would he have gone to ? Weren't the probable areas searched ? This scenario has him suiciding on Thirsday, after his VM was checked. Where would he have spent the previous night ? Was there another way he could have walked and gotten into his car at night ? I mean without the video cameras picking him up ? (because the family said he was not seen on any other tapes).

His voicemail was checked on Monday, Dec 14th...the day after he was (assumed to be) last see on the video.
I dunno. I can't see a job interview on Sunday noon UNLESS the SCA resident typically holds interviews at his/her home, at any time.

As for technical writer: those jobs would have been all around him, when he lived in Salt Lake City.

I don't think we can assume too much from the clicks someone puts onto a LinkedIn profile. It looks like there are eight, and people generally fill them all in ;)

If I remember correctly, the basketball game was on a Wed., and SA ask if he would be back for that, and he said Steven said no.

Thank you so much. I apologize for asking this question without having a
link. :iamashamed0005:

To make connection between Trevor and Steven, we would have to find some connection between the two. And, I don't think they were both randomly hanging out at completely different areas in Vegas and ran into the same killer. It would be interesting to know:

-where Trevor was with friends the night before?
-could Webb have been at the same place on Dec. 12?

-where websites did Trevor go to?
-did Steven go to any of the same websites?

-What were Trevor's hobbies?
-did Steven share those same interests?

-What IM program did Trevor use?
-did Steven use the same program?

-who were Trevor's friends?
-could Steven be connected to Trevor by some kind "degrees of separation"?

Is there ANY connection between the two?

Quite a few of the UIDs I'm finding in Nevada are suicides, though none of them seems to match the missing people we have listed.

Laytonian,

I truly hope Steven wasn't so hopeless and distraught about his life that he would have killed himself due to a negative response from a job interview. If this were the case though, why wouldn't the person interviewing him at SCA have come forward and said, 'Yes, I did interview Steven on Sunday at noon.' There's nothing criminal about giving a job interview. What reason would this person have for not saying anything? Steven was in Vegas for some reason, but it wasn't for a job interview. IMO.

Quite a few of the UIDs I'm finding in Nevada are suicides, though none of them seems to match the missing people we have listed.

Yup. I've gone through Doe Network with a search for
"Clark County" Nevada male

...and only found one prospect (the guy fe4 turned up, found shot, hidden inside the cave).

There's not much linkage between suicides. If there was, they'd have a friend....and maybe feel a bit better about things.

Yup. I've gone through Doe Network with a search for
"Clark County" Nevada male

...and only found one prospect (the guy fe4 turned up, found shot, hidden inside the cave).

There's not much linkage between suicides. If there was, they'd have a friend....and maybe feel a bit better about things.

One other:

2002, http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/518umnv.html
# Estimated age: 30 - 45 years old
# Approximate Height and Weight: 5'10"; 150 lbs.
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Reddish brown hair; hazel eyes. Brown/red brown mustache and beard.
The victim was located in open desert area near Apex Road.

One other:

2002, http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/518umnv.html
# Estimated age: 30 - 45 years old
# Approximate Height and Weight: 5'10"; 150 lbs.
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Reddish brown hair; hazel eyes. Brown/red brown mustache and beard.
The victim was located in open desert area near Apex Road.

I saw that one, but read it as a homeless man who died accidentally...and the coroner's page is now gone, as well as the other link.

According to this page, cause of death was exposure:
http://s10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t17986.htm

Did you notice anything wonky about the clothing he was wearing?
Men's pants don't come in "size 12"....but women's do.

I saw that one, but read it as a homeless man who died accidentally...and the coroner's page is now gone, as well as the other link.

According to this page, cause of death was exposure:
http://s10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t17986.htm

Did you notice anything wonky about the clothing he was wearing?
Men's pants don't come in "size 12"....but women's do.

Yeah, as do boys' pants. It's probably just because he was homeless and wearing whatever he could find -- but there was enough weirdness, and he does fit the age/height/looks, so I left him in. I figured it was better to include him then rule him out, rather than overlooking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody