NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I get that we might have reached a limit in what has been released. But we also have some areas that havent been completely checked out either....just wondering if there was any more sleuthing done regarding the homes and businesses.

For example, what if you are on the side of the fence that believes that there was a vehicle depicted in the video shot by Mr. Security? You know, when it appears to show Steven continuing to walk in the reflection of the vehicle?

Whose house was the car in front of?

If you are on the side of the fence that believes there was nothing blocking Steven's path in the direction he was walking on Evening Lights, then where do you think he was going?

See, if Steven had a purpose in the development, someone who knows what it was must be lying simply because Naegle has related to us how no one saw anything.

Arent you guys intrigued that Appalled posted allegedly from the area where the camera stopped being able to see Steven??

I am....

Arent you guys intrigued that Appalled posted allegedly from the area where the camera stopped being able to see Steven??

I am....

I'm intrigued that he wanted so much attention brought to that address.

I'm intrigued that he wanted so much attention brought to that address.

Exactly. Could be shenanigans, could be guilty conscience...who knows. What if Appalled was actually someone who saw something?

I mean I realize it was discussed before that it is very hard to believe that the real estate agent who was questioned was not conscious of a person walking within their view even though they were establishing an open house...

There has to be another way to figure out why that spot without any other information which might be available, but that might not be able to be released by le.

Honestly, I think one reason for the seemingly meandering thread is that there is scant information available in this case. And there has been no new information for quite some time. So, all information that is known has been sifted through many times, with similar conclusions. And,of course,some information which people would like to have is seemingly off limits ; for example, many people have asked probing questions about Mr.Webb's phone call, and the whole coincidence of his presence in Las Vegas that weekend. But, those questions are never answered.I think that LE has questioned him closely, and they have formed conclusions..... JMO

Naegle contacted me last evening, indicating she was ready to go through the current questions. The list isn't long, so I'm sure she'll get back to us.

Yes, GO SAINTS!!!!

I see Steven's spiral starting long before the economy tanked. While he was still in college, he was an intern to the Utah Governor's press secretary...yet, with those good political connections, he ended up working for his dad and from there, to the Trib. He quit that job. Then there's a gap. Then there's Matchbin. Then there's "marketing" for the window-washing company.

I think his friends in the ward were helping him out, especially Paul Doxey. He hired him to "roadie" Doxey's band a couple of times, and then Steven put up the family Christmas lights (I'm sure he was paid for that...at least in kind).

This really struck me. I knew all the little facts before, but putting them all together like this makes the difficulties really stand out. If it's true that he was about to be evicted from his apartment and lose the car -- that's really down to the end. Nowhere else to go but the streets.

It also made me wonder whether he had some kind of undiagnosed or unacknowledged emotional/mental/psychological issue going on. Depression comes to mind, but it could be almost anything.

Beieve,
Yes, someone would be lying IMHO. For one of two reasons, either they saw Steven for a legitimate purpose, but do not want to be involved, or scrutinized by LE, or they have a darker purpose for lying.
As to "Appalled" I don't think they have any connection to that address, or any connection to Las Vegas.

As to "Appalled" I don't think they have any connection to that address, or any connection to Las Vegas.

To me, it was the "performance art" of a well-established troll-stalker -- who made sure that they threw out recognizable personal insults.

So then if we want to help out and we are at a stand still for information to dig into, we can reach out to larger media outlets and get more eyes on Steven's story.

That is one of the benefits of having many eyes and fingers rather than just the family's single contact....It should be easy enough to ride the coat tails of the Susan Powell disappearance, right? Maybe a true media blitz in the area, or even a vigil, will cause someone to say, "Oh yeah, I saw that guy...he was walking on the golf course...or talking to that lady in the pink housecoat."

Since we have not been able to determine that SK got into a car, I have been looking at the SCA area. I feel like the answers are there.

Using this map in laytonian's timeline, and using the "more" drop down, you are able to look at current real estate listings for the area. There are rentals, sales and foreclosures. There is nothing on Evening Lights, but you will find one foreclosure on Savannah Springs - it is the house that looks down Evening Lights.

Is this the house associated with the real estate agent and the white van?

Anthem Sun City development in Henderson, Nevada. [MAP/Satellite View]

laytonian looks like I need help bringing that map link here. :blushing:

Since we have not been able to determine that SK got into a car, I have been looking at the SCA area. I feel like the answers are there.

Using this map in laytonian's timeline, and using the "more" drop down, you are able to look at current real estate listings for the area. There are rentals, sales and foreclosures. There is nothing on Evening Lights, but you will find one foreclosure on Savannah Springs - it is the house that looks down Evening Lights.

Is this the house associated with the real estate agent and the white van?

Anthem Sun City development in Henderson, Nevada. [MAP/Satellite View]

MAP

FIRST...while everyone's attention is on the map, I'd like everyone to zoom in and look at the paved (golf cart") path at the very north end of Evening Lights. That would give someone on foot, access to a lot of territory and a shortcut to the western foothills.

NOW, onto the map and businesses:

When I first created the map, Google flagged one home as this:

Preferred Mortgage Service Inc
2639 Savannah Springs Avenue
Henderson, NV
(702) 897-8145

I always thought that the SUV pulled up in front of that address, and left again in a few minutes....like he had business there. Now, Google's not flagging "Preferred Mortgage" on the map. But...it's the third house from the cul de sac, not the fourth (which looks up Evening Lights).

The video has been reviewed to the extent that they know Steven doesn't show up again, related to that white SUV. It's been stated several ways, but I believe the concensus was that the SUV wasn't even parked there for very long - and that it had no interaction with Steven.

So then if we want to help out and we are at a stand still for information to dig into, we can reach out to larger media outlets and get more eyes on Steven's story.

That is one of the benefits of having many eyes and fingers rather than just the family's single contact....It should be easy enough to ride the coat tails of the Susan Powell disappearance, right? Maybe a true media blitz in the area, or even a vigil, will cause someone to say, "Oh yeah, I saw that guy...he was walking on the golf course...or talking to that lady in the pink housecoat."

Every major media outlet in Vegas, St George and SLC has covered this case in the last week, since the milk carton campaign begun.

As for a vigil, there's only one useful place it could be held: at the entrance to Overlook Village, at the corner of Anthem Parkway and Laurel Heights.

And...it might be just as good to put up a corplas sign (similar to real estate and campaign signs) there, with Steven's picture, ONE phone number and "Have you seen me". That is, if the HOA would sign off on it.

There's already flyers posted on the mailboxes that residents use regularly.

I have to make a general comment to those who assume that someone on Evening Lights MUST have seen something.

If I am not mistaken, there are a grand total of 12 houses on Evening Lights. I am not great at counting the time, but some people have commented on the length of time, in seconds, it took Steven to walk from his car to about the second house on EL when his image was last seen in the reflection of Mr. Security's camera.

So if we have 12 homes and it being age restricted we probably have a max population of 24 people on that street, here is a breakdown:

how many were vacant, i.e. in foreclosure?
how many residents were in church?
how many residents were in their kitchens or dining rooms having lunch?
how many were in bed still asleep?
how many were watching TV?
how many were out of town?
how many were out shopping?

These are not the entire description of activities, but those who insist someone must have seen something must think that people do nothing but stand by their front windows spying on the neighborhood.

And if Steven walked the entire route (approx 6 houses on each side of the street), are we talking one minute to walk the length of the block?

These are not the entire description of activities, but those who insist someone must have seen something must think that people do nothing but stand by their front windows spying on the neighborhood.

And if Steven walked the entire route (approx 6 houses on each side of the street), are we talking one minute to walk the length of the block?

I agree.

I also doubt that many of those neighbors, know each other well enough to tell the difference between a stranger and someone's relative walking down the street.

We saw a woman walking a dog in front of our house, as we pulled in the driveway a couple of hours ago. But I couldn't describe her. She may be a neighbor, but she doesn't live in any of the nearby homes that we (frankly) care about.

That entire neighborhood has been canvassed...and not just Evening Lights.
The further he walked, the more chances someone would have seen him.
No one saw Steven.
We're assuming there is "one liar" who saw him and did something to him.

I think he walked up the golf cart path....or was picked up by someone waiting in a vehicle.

LE could easily replicate the "dark car-shaped spot" on that minivan just by looking at more tapes, and moving the minivan, if necessary. ;)

Exactly. Could be shenanigans, could be guilty conscience...who knows. What if Appalled was actually someone who saw something?

I mean I realize it was discussed before that it is very hard to believe that the real estate agent who was questioned was not conscious of a person walking within their view even though they were establishing an open house...

There has to be another way to figure out why that spot without any other information which might be available, but that might not be able to be released by le.

It is really bizarre to me that someone who lives in close proximity to "ground zero" for Steven's case is angry, rather than helpful (at least in the attempt to clear their name) on this website. I've posted this before, and I did not see the original post before it was removed, but this really strikes me as strange. If it were me, I would not be mad that people were coming down my street under the circumstances. Instead I would be going out of my way to help, since I lived (hypothetically) so close to where we have our last view of Steven.

Further, regarding Laytonian's post about the "campaign" type sign by the neighborhood and whether or not the HOA would approve it. This to me rings the same tune. If I am not guilty (and a decent human being) I would make an exception and post the sign, regardless of typical regulations. But this is, of course, only my opinion. And to each their own.

Even if somebody did notice him in passing, that doesn't mean they recognized him from the picture that was circulated, or remembered when it was they saw him.

And it looks to me like there are a pretty fair number of people going through that neighborhood. As long as he was decently dressed and acted like he belonged there, I doubt anybody would have paid attention.

That mortgage company intrigues me.

It is really bizarre to me that someone who lives in close proximity to "ground zero" for Steven's case is angry, rather than helpful (at least in the attempt to clear their name) on this website. I've posted this before, and I did not see the original post before it was removed, but this really strikes me as strange. If it were me, I would not be mad that people were coming down my street under the circumstances. Instead I would be going out of my way to help, since I lived (hypothetically) so close to where we have our last view of Steven.

Further, regarding Laytonian's post about the "campaign" type sign by the neighborhood and whether or not the HOA would approve it. This to me rings the same tune. If I am not guilty (and a decent human being) I would make an exception and post the sign, regardless of typical regulations. But this is, of course, only my opinion. And to each their own.

An "insta-sign" place could make a few of those up, for less than $4 each. If I'm remembering correctly, the metal stands are about $1.50 each.
They might even donate them, for this good cause.

I WOULD DONATE to help pay for that. I'd even help design it (I know the sign business, and I know "clutter" doesn't work on a drive-by sign!)

But we haven't even been able to get information about the Zion's Bank "Help Find Steven Koecher" donation account.....and how hard do we have to work, to try to give someone money?

Zion's Bank hadn't heard of the account that one of Deanne Koecher's co-workers claims to have established to help the family.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

That mortgage company intrigues me.

I mentioned some things about that, previously. It's pretty easy to "sleuth" that one out. I was curious, because the owner seemed 15 years too young to own a home in that neighborhood.

Every major media outlet in Vegas, St George and SLC has covered this case in the last week, since the milk carton campaign begun.

As for a vigil, there's only one useful place it could be held: at the entrance to Overlook Village, at the corner of Anthem Parkway and Laurel Heights.

And...it might be just as good to put up a corplas sign (similar to real estate and campaign signs) there, with Steven's picture, ONE phone number and "Have you seen me". That is, if the HOA would sign off on it.

There's already flyers posted on the mailboxes that residents use regularly.

So are you saying there is no value in reaching out in any other way? That the media has been adequately covered?

I mentioned some things about that, previously. It's pretty easy to "sleuth" that one out. I was curious, because the owner seemed 15 years too young to own a home in that neighborhood.

So did ya sleuth it out? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member