NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I've heard of the marketing aspect. Is that the same as distributing flyers?
Every other mention in the articles and elsewhere have said window washing job.

Confusing.

Sounds like the father wants to put a more "respectable" spin on it.

I'm starting to have an inkling why Steven might have wanted to break contact with his family. Some of them, anyway.

The fact that someone called Steven's voice mail, at an unknown time on 12/14 is the one piece of evidence which will not easily fit a scenario where Steven is murdered in or around Anthem, during the afternoon of 12/13. Possible that the killer(s) dialed it, I suppose. Or, someone could have found the phone. But, it bugs me ; why can't it fit neatly into place ????
About the marketing/window washing, could it be that his family wants to present Steven in the best possible light, in order to get and keep attention focused on his disappearance ? Perhaps they feel that people will pay more attention to a young, college educated man involved in marketing a small business, than some guy who was trying to make a living washing windows in the winter ? I don't know this family, so can't truthfully say. JMO

this seems to work:

Stevens dad calls about the rent. hes grocery shopping with the only 100$ he has to his name. Hes mad and frustrated cause hes already super stressed about a job. Hes trying. His dad is lecturing him. He hangs up. He avoids family for a few days. Answers his church phone calls cause hes not mad at them. Talks to his mom cause he isnt mad at her. He doesnt mention traveling to avoid ?s and long conversations. He does have plans to meet up with someone hes been in contact with before to go to sacramento for job prospects. Its nice there. Almost all year long. So, he meets up with th person, everything is fine. Car wreck? Wrong person to get involved with? Who knows? My point, it fits everything leading up to the event. Something happen on the way to sacramento? I cant imagine steven would just say that to lie. just an idea.

Aassuming he dialed the VM on the 14th, the only reason i dont answer my phone but check VM is because im with someone and i cant have a conversation. Usually casue i dont want to be rude. My best friend, sure ill answer the phone chat with my mom for a bit, but a business prospect. nope.

I went to careerbuilder.com and found a list of jobs pertaining to someone with a communications degree in Sacramento, CA. Let's say he was indeed going there for a job. Here is a link to a job posting today:
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=JRGCM&ff=21&APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=J8C25P763QCZZG1BR4T

Anyone could send a flier to the contact person posting the job and just let them know whats going on and see if they could keep their eyes open.

i sent a message to my cousin who lives in LA to see if she was headed up there anytime soon. Ill send her a link of fliers if so. I dont think he made it sacramento. i think he may have been frustrated, even really angry at his dad at the time, but 2 months later not to call or email ANYONE? doesnt sound like steven. now, we have to remember the one thing most of us are ignorant to is the relationships in stevens life. we dont know how he treated or didnt treat people.

Webrocket. theres no reason to get "highly offended" unfortunately, all avenues have to be looked at when something this random happens. thats the point. NONE of us KNOW anything for sure at this point.

I went to careerbuilder.com and found a list of jobs pertaining to someone with a communications degree in Sacramento, CA. Let's say he was indeed going there for a job. Here is a link to a job posting today:
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=JRGCM&ff=21&APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=J8C25P763QCZZG1BR4T

Anyone could send a flier to the contact person posting the job and just let them know whats going on and see if they could keep their eyes open.

Steven would be woefully underqualified for this job. Besides, if he was really looking for a job in Sacramento back in December, he would not have been going to Vegas.

this seems to work:

Stevens dad calls about the rent. hes grocery shopping with the only 100$ he has to his name. Hes mad and frustrated cause hes already super stressed about a job. Hes trying. His dad is lecturing him. He hangs up. He avoids family for a few days. Answers his church phone calls cause hes not mad at them. Talks to his mom cause he isnt mad at her. He doesnt mention traveling to avoid ?s and long conversations. He does have plans to meet up with someone hes been in contact with before to go to sacramento for job prospects. Its nice there. Almost all year long. So, he meets up with the person, everything is fine.

Snipped because this scenario is plausible without anything going wrong after.

Or...maybe not a grandfatherly type?

Maybe someone who picks different addresses every time, and just has them meet him there?

We don't have anyone else missing from SCA (at least as far as I can find), but there's a lot of people missing from Vegas.

Did we make a mistake here, by breaking the Trevor Paul Morse case into a separate topic (for tidiness on WS?)....instead of looking at other similar cases and bringing them IN...or creating a possible LVSK thread?
NV - Trevor Paul Morse 5-6-2007 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

After all, since one of the favorite theories is "he was lured"....the lurer has done this before.

Trevor Paul Morse also has connections to El Paso, Texas and Steven has connections to Amarillo, Texas. They both have Texas in common as well as,
being caught on video, as if meeting someone. They are both 30 and single. Trevor went missing on a Sunday, Steven a Sunday,. It was a rumor that Trevor possibly went to California and Steven mentioned Sacramento, California. Also they both went missing from Nevada. Trevor from Las Vegas, Steven from Henderson. Just some thoughts about some things they have in common.
http://investigation.discovery.com/blogs/criminal-report/missing-person/trevor_morse.html( says he went missing on Sunday) This link says he went missing on a Saturday
http://delilah1234.wordpress.com/2009/02/02/trevor-morse-monday4-the-missing/

Yet, as a poster here has pointed out, there were better employment prospects for Steven right there in St.George. He had no ties to Sacramento, no local references, and didn't go to school in California. But, I will admit, that reference to maybe going to Sacramento was odd.

Steven would be woefully underqualified for this job. Besides, if he was really looking for a job in Sacramento back in December, he would not have been going to Vegas.

Not necessarily. He might have been looking for jobs anywhere he had contacts, whether that was Las Vegas or Sacramento or the moon.

I have wondered about Ricks College, in Rexburg, ID. It is now
Brigham Young Univ., Idaho.
Steven went to college there.

Rexburg's population is a little over 17,000.
It has a 95% LDS population.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rexburg,_Idaho

I had questions:
Did he like it there?
Did he have friends there?
Would he have returned there, if he wanted some time away?
It's about 700 miles from Henderson, NV to Rexburg, ID.

I know it does not fit any thing we know about Steven.
He left the car. He hasn't accessed his bank account, etc.
Just wondering.

IMO: I do not think Steven is with us anymore, but would love to be wrong.

RubyRed,
I believe Trevor Morse was last seen when he was caught on videotape on A Sunday afternoon, around 3:20 p.m. Also, Trevor and Steven were blond haired,blue eyed, and basically had the same "type" of physical looks. Their life circumstances were way different,though, in that Trevor was employed as a journeyman elecrtician when he vanished.

From this morning's Ogden Standard-Examiner:
"He was frustrated that he was unable to find a full-time job," said Rolf Koecher, adding his son had found a part-time marketing job for a window-washing and home service business."

http://www.standard.net/topics/safe...ahns-picture-milk-carton-utah-southern-nevada

So it's really just *marketing*, not the "washing windows and putting up Christmas lights" that has previously been described?

And this is why I think Steven was still actively looking for a job, maybe as he traveled through NV & SLC. I always had the impression that the window washing job was an "on-the-side" or temporary thing. After all no one has ever said anything about Steven actually washing windows or putting up lights; it also explains him being dressed rather nicely. There's no way, in my opinion, Steven was getting along fine with the window washing job. It would be interesting to know how much he made in total doing that job. We know he only got a measly $100.00 bucks in early December, but for how much work?

RubyRed,
I believe Trevor Morse was last seen when he was caught on videotape on A Sunday afternoon, around 3:20 p.m. Also, Trevor and Steven were blond haired,blue eyed, and basically had the same "type" of physical looks. Their life circumstances were way different,though, in that Trevor was employed as a journeyman elecrtician when he vanished.

I corrected my post #150, however , one link says Sunday May 6, 2007 the
other says Saturday May 5, 2007. I added both links. Still there is the possibility of being lured and at this point we do not know. They both vanished mysteriously.

Maybe he went to Elko, NV. It's about the same population as St. George and Ruby Valley is on the way. Granted we have no receipts from Elko, but we don't have a lot of receipts in general. Also, from what I understand, St. George has been hit pretty hard by the recession. Much like Vegas, it's kinda Utah's resort town. If Steven wanted to find a job in Utah, the best place would be Salt Lake City where the unemployment rate is around 6%. In St. George it's more like 8 - 9% and Vegas - 13%.

Nothing much in Elko, KWIM ? Sacramento has a really high unemployment rate too. Of course, Steven might have believed Vegas was his best shot for work. At the point when he vanished, it's fair to say he was getting desperate ; I could easily picture him getting into a random conversation with someone about work. The person says " Why don't you stop by on Sunday, around noon, bring your resume, and I'll see what I can do for you." Steven is on the point of maybe being evicted, and sleeping in his car. Even if he was normally somewhat cautious, he would jump at an offer like that, IMHO.

this seems to work:

Stevens dad calls about the rent. hes grocery shopping with the only 100$ he has to his name. Hes mad and frustrated cause hes already super stressed about a job. Hes trying. His dad is lecturing him. He hangs up. He avoids family for a few days. Answers his church phone calls cause hes not mad at them. Talks to his mom cause he isnt mad at her. He doesnt mention traveling to avoid ?s and long conversations. He does have plans to meet up with someone hes been in contact with before to go to sacramento for job prospects. Its nice there. Almost all year long. So, he meets up with th person, everything is fine. Car wreck? Wrong person to get involved with? Who knows? My point, it fits everything leading up to the event. Something happen on the way to sacramento? I cant imagine steven would just say that to lie. just an idea.

Aassuming he dialed the VM on the 14th, the only reason i dont answer my phone but check VM is because im with someone and i cant have a conversation. Usually casue i dont want to be rude. My best friend, sure ill answer the phone chat with my mom for a bit, but a business prospect. nope.

Let's brainstorm this.

So if he was meeting someone, and the other person was driving to Sacramento -- why would he abandon his car in Henderson, NV? Why not drive himself to Sacramento? Why do you need someone with you?
Why would he not take his computer, or a change of clothing?

This is why the "he was leaving for a new life with someone" scenarios don't really fit. He didn't take his stuff.

Certainly, the ONE thing he'd answer voicemail for, would BE a business prospect. He was avoiding those closest to him, and clearing up any immediate obligations. We know he was checking voicemails, and obviously not returning messages.

I also doubt he went to Sacramento during the Ruby Valley trip. There's no gas receipts, food receipts, anything like that. I doubt he'd even have had time to do anything but drive there (arriving late in the day) and driving right back to St George.
I think Sacramento only came up, because he thought AN might be living there and was hoping some information about AN would be volunteered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214