NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reasons he might have wanted to have his nights free is so he could play in/hang out with a band. And his parents not wanting to admit it.

Where did he live between the time he lived in West Valley City and the time he moved to St. George?

Rose Park area of SLC, and then his parents' home (Bountiful), per the Q&As Naegle answered this week.
Rose Park is a small, older, kinda gang-ridden community in Salt Lake City that's very near Bountiful.

What was GW doing in Vegas on Sunday? Considering he just happened to be there on a Sunday, the same day Steven disappeared, wouldn't you think that Steven's family would have asked GW what he was doing there? This could be a question for Naegle, Laytonian. Has the family asked GW what he was doing in Vegas? Did they get an answer that they just don't want to share publicly? Or was GW evasive?

What goes on in Vegas on a Sunday morning? If it was Sat night I'd say one or both were looking for female company or going out for a night on the town, but Sunday morning? I wish we could get more answers about GW.

Thank you LDS'ers for explaining the sex before marriage thing being a big no no. 30 years old is awfully old to still be a virgin...psychologically I wonder what the effects of that would be, especially for a healthy robust young man like Steven. I guess that explains why they all marry so young though...

ETA: Is GW married? Girlfriend? Single? How old is he?

One of the reasons he might have wanted to have his nights free is so he could play in/hang out with a band. And his parents not wanting to admit it.

Why wouldn't his parents want to admit that? What's wrong with wanting to play music, join a band, and have a little fun in the evenings? It's healthy!

What was GW doing in Vegas on Sunday? Considering he just happened to be there on a Sunday, the same day Steven disappeared, wouldn't you think that Steven's family would have asked GW what he was doing there? This could be a question for Naegle, Laytonian. Has the family asked GW what he was doing in Vegas? Did they get an answer that they just don't want to share publicly? Or was GW evasive?

What goes on in Vegas on a Sunday morning? If it was Sat night I'd say one or both were looking for female company or going out for a night on the town, but Sunday morning? I wish we could get more answers about GW.

Thank you LDS'ers for explaining the sex before marriage thing being a big no no. 30 years old is awfully old to still be a virgin...psychologically I wonder what the effects of that would be, especially for a healthy robust young man like Steven. I guess that explains why they all marry so young though...

Yikes! I forgot this was Friday. I meant to send the Qs in on Thursday, because Naegle probably won't be able to get on the internet on the weekend. I hope she was able to read my email about the Dec 9 date conflicts.

Submitted. Lots.

Why wouldn't his parents want to admit that? What's wrong with wanting to play music, join a band, and have a little fun in the evenings? It's healthy!

Somewhere along the way he got it into his head that playing the guitar would "ruin his life." Where the heck did that come from?

You're preaching to the choir here with these GW questions, my friend. Asked and asked and asked. Though we DO know he's not married as he is a leader in a singles ward. That's about it...

The fact that both of these young men were in Las Vegas on the same Sunday, when they were both expected elsewhere, is just too big a coincidence to overlook. Surely we're not the only people who feel that way.

Still, I would think that Mr.Security would have had a camera pointed at the mailboxes. In a retirement community. Not all of the homeowners would have direct deposit ; some of their social security/pension checks probably get mailed. Hard to believe MR.S. wouldn't keep an eye on that... And if he did, wouldn't there be other frames with Steven in them ? I don't understand this at all. Very little of what is known by us at this time makes any sense, and no one is telling us anything else ?

Still, I would think that Mr.Security would have had a camera pointed at the mailboxes. In a retirement community. Not all of the homeowners would have direct deposit ; some of their social security/pension checks probably get mailed. Hard to believe MR.S. wouldn't keep an eye on that... And if he did, wouldn't there be other frames with Steven in them ? I don't understand this at all. Very little of what is known by us at this time makes any sense, and no one is telling us anything else ?

This IS a good point. Our mailbox was broken into last week and that's the 2nd time in the last six months or so. I heard it was something like 80 mailboxes in the area over one weekend. It's not a new crime and I would think with the economy being what it is, it's probably on the increase everywhere. Seems that someone in a retirement community with a bunch of cameras mounted on his property and a background in LE would have a camera aimed at the mailbox....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28433752446

SL (who is one of the Admins of the BH7th FB page, and is the ward activities director) has just confirmed that Steven was in the same session as she was, on Dec 9th, St George Temple, ward temple night.

That's an eyewitness.

Adding it to the timeline, and banging my head.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28433752446

SL (who is one of the Admins of the BH7th FB page, and is the ward activities director) has just confirmed that Steven was in the same session as she was, on Dec 9th, St George Temple, ward temple night.

That's an eyewitness.

Adding it to the timeline, and banging my head.

Oy.

We need answers!!!!

Still don't know about the cell phone pings.
Still don't know what GW was doing in Vegas.
Still don't know where the previous searches were conducted - exactly.
Still don't know when the next search is planned - and where.

Again.....oy.

Oy.

We need answers!!!!

Still don't know about the cell phone pings.
Still don't know what GW was doing in Vegas.
Still don't know where the previous searches were conducted - exactly.
Still don't know when the next search is planned - and where.

Again.....oy.

...and this is why I've been so detail-oriented about making that timeline. Not only does it lay out the information, but it helps spot problem areas.

Travis Hansen saw him in St George on Dec 8th.
AnneMarie said he was in Ruby Valley on Dec 8th at 11am-1pm.
then
Naegle changes Ruby Valley to Dec 9th. Seems logical. (I've asked)
NOW we have him back in St George on Dec 9th, in his temple clothing, at 6:30pm. Seen by two people.

No matter which day he was in Ruby Valley, we have another sighting in St George on that same day!

It's almost like he's running "errands" 24/7 .... unless there's some serious sighting errors.

...and this is why I've been so detail-oriented about making that timeline. Not only does it lay out the information, but it helps spot problem areas.

then
NOW we have him back in St George on Dec 9th, in his temple clothing, at 6:30pm. Seen by two people.

No matter which day he was in Ruby Valley, we have another sighting in St George on that same day!

It's almost like he's running "errands" 24/7 .... unless there's some serious sighting errors.

Maybe he had insomnia???

Maybe he had insomnia???

....and if he had insomnia to that extent, he'd have been functionally impaired while awake. But he was driving, carrying on normal activities.

IF he drove what the timeline looks like now, its:

9th:
St George
Ruby Valley
St George

10th:
St George
Wendover-Springville-Nephi
St George

11th
St George/rescue locked-out girls while passing out TH flyers
Maybe start drive south?

12th:
Starting at unknown point
South at least to Overton, gas in Mesquite
St George (home for 30 minutes)

13th:
Car left in SCA

Doesn't seem logical or possible

Uh...

Bipolar manic episode?

...and in the middle of that, was able to participate in one of the highest and most solemn ceremonies conducted in an LDS temple: sealings. With other people. In special clothing (meaning preparation before and after).

Like it was so ordinary and uneventful, that no one even mentioned it until January 3rd.

We'd have caught it earlier, if it had been posted (as requested) under the Timeline page of Naegle's FB.

I don't know about a bipolar episode, but I cannot discount a mental break of some kind. And that's why I continue to drive home a different way from work every day. I expect to see Steven along the way every time.

....and if he had insomnia to that extent, he'd have been functionally impaired while awake. But he was driving, carrying on normal activities.

9th:
St George
Ruby Valley
St George

10th:
St George
St George

11th
Maybe start drive south?

12th:

13th:
Car left in SCA

This just gets more insane every day!! :banghead:

then

Wonder if LE is aware of the problem?

9th:
St George
Ruby Valley
St George

10th:
St George
St George

11th
Maybe start drive south?

12th:

13th:
Car left in SCA

Howdy people. Been reading the posts. I just had a couple of things about this timeline. And then I have a couple of other thoughts.

I haven't sat down to really figure out how much mileage and time it would take to do all of this in those days but the timeline could be suspicious or not. Now, if there are sighting discrepancies, I don't know what to think of that.

This timeline could explain that he was truly trying to get out there and start a business. Lots of people drive lots of miles marketing their business and services. Especially in times like these, you just can't sit around and expect business to come to you. So, that these are some type of business trips is possible.

On the other hand, every one of these places is dwarfed by the size of St. George. As I have stated before, I have been in St. George on business at least 30 times in the last 5 years. It is a place that has really expanded. New roads. New overpasses. Housing, etc.

For what Steven was doing, there would be no reason to go to those places on business because there is no way the business generated in those small towns would make up for the expenses incurred going there and back. It would be a net loss. So, in the end, financially and in business terms, I'm not sure if the business trip explanation flies.

So, if Steven was possibly thinking that far ahead (and that probably goes to his "social intelligence" and if he has/had any that I mentioned days ago), then there is no way those trips were for business. So, it would have to be for some other type of reason. Unless, he was in some type of business that no one knew about (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). I don't believe he was just driving around going places, seeing the scenery, seeing old friends, etc. It just seems a bit outlandish. The guy allegedly had NO money but on the other hand could just drive around spending money on gas, food, etc. It just seems strange.

I think it was Fairy1 who mentioned about 20 posts ago that we are missing something here. We are missing a lot of things. But, the number one thing we are missing it that we don't really know what he was doing in any of these places, including Las Vegas. And nobody can tell us. I'd like to know if the people in Ruby Valley really bought his story about being there. Or, did they get the idea that he was there for some other reason. For me, if some person I used to know who lives three hours away just showed up out of nowhere on my doorstep, I would think he was in the area for some other reason. And if he told me he just wanted to stop by and I believed it, I would think there was something going on. . .money problems, life problems, marital problems, etc. And if he did not bring up something like that, I frankly would be a little creeped out. Were they creeped out?

I would like to see his cellphone records from these trips. We won't get to see them but it would be interesting. I really don't think he made these trips with just the radio playing.

Has his picture been passed around the libraries of St. George? Don't they keep records of people who have library cards and when they were in last? I ask because of the computer situation. Maybe that has been asked before but I can't remember. The only thing I would say regarding that it doesn't look like he had any time to go to a library. . .he was always on the road going somewhere!

In the end, Steven got some address on Evening Lights. You'd think we would be able to figure out how he got it. It would seem like it would be easy to do but it has evaded us so far. I mean, if the street had been Las Vegas Blvd. then that would be impossible to figure out. But a street named "Evening Lights", it's eight houses long so there can be only SO many possibilities and places to go. And this goes WAY back to the #1 thread where I tried to narrow down how he would have gotten the address.

If we could figure out where he went in Ruby Valley besides the friend's house, what he was doing in that St. George neighborhood, where he was going in Overton, it would possibly explain Las Vegas. But, dang, no answers. Or no answers that we really believe. And moreover, he did not mention these trips to anyone. On the other hand, he was not afraid to show up at the friend's place in Ruby Valley. It's like he was secretive but had no problem showing up at a friend's house. Explainable? Probably. But I don't have an answer.

The reason I bring this all up is that I am a total The First 48 junkie. And one of the questions they always ask friends and family members of the victim is: Do you know what he (the deceased) was doing in that area? Why was he there? Did he have business there? Etc. The reason they ask is because from that, the police can trace back to who might have talked to the deceased last and who might have lured the deceased there.

And just like the police don't always get the answers they need, we are not. That does not mean the questions are not un-answerable. We just haven't asked the right person yet. Or, someone is not convinced enough to come forward yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214