NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or dental records.

He's listed on NAMUS.gov, but neither are listed as "available".

Interestingly, NAMUS says that he was last seen on Dec 12.

"Last seen" means the last time somebody verifiably saw him in the flesh. It doesn't count video appearances, phone calls, letters, or things like that.

I've run across that with a missing person I'm trying to match up -- her "last seen" date is five years before the last time she was known to be alive. That's when she stopped sending Christmas cards to her family.

I guess because it's theoretically possible somebody sent cards under her name, or faked Steven's voice, or the ID was mistaken, or stuff like that.

Considering some of the things Steven is supposed to have said about his guitar, running off to join a band is well short of being the most far-fetched theory we have...

Very true. If he had conflicting thoughts about this previously, and opted to go the "straight arrow" way, via church, work in communications, marriage ---and it didn't get him anywhere, may be that he thought -What the hay-- and did find a job as a roadie. They do more than just "heavy lifting" for the band. That would be a step in the door so to speak. Plus he would have the comradery with fellow musicians, a place to eat and sleep and girlfriends galore, right?...making the transition from the time he left his old way behind easier to deal with. This was something he apparently felt strongly about and with a positivity to it, before he thought it would "ruin his life".
Good possiblity in my view.

Hey folks. It's been awhile since I posted, but I've still been following Steven's case and I'm as frustrated as ever.

I'm just going to come out and say what I didn't say before. GW's photo op with Steven's picture at Steven's house rubbed me the wrong way. It just seems inappropriate. It would make sense if he wanted to be the "face" of the campaign to find Steven Koecher, but clearly he doesn't actually want that role (or any role in finding Steven IMO).

These two men were higher ups in their church, and from what I've gathered, valued their faith tremendously. So why were both of them out driving around, hours from their church, on Sunday - a day of rest? It seems unusual for one of them to be in Vegas; for both of them to be in Vegas on SUNDAY raises several red flags. Steven, as a good Mormon, shouldn't have been looking for work on Sunday; he probably shouldn't have even left his house, unless it was to go to church. This is beyond coincidental. Add the fact that GW is somewhat AWOL from this whole situation and things just look fishier and fishier.

Steven missing church that day, and GW potentially missing too, goes against everything we have "heard" about Steven. I hope it has occurred to Hendersen/LV Police that two good Mormon boys had no business being in Las Vegas on a Sunday; unless one or both of them were up to no good.

Hey folks. It's been awhile since I posted, but I've still been following Steven's case and I'm as frustrated as ever.

...or more, like most of us. Welcome back.

Steven missing church that day, and GW potentially missing too, goes against everything we have "heard" about Steven. I hope it has occurred to Hendersen/LV Police that two good Mormon boys had no business being in Las Vegas on a Sunday; unless one or both of them were up to no good.

Yup. How many combinations are there? Four?

A. Each was there independently/coincidentally, innocently.
B. Each was there independently/coincidentally, each up to no good.
C. They were there together, but innocently.
D. They were there together, up to no good.

Here's a scenario:

Nice helpful Steven is home teaching a woman with a violent husband or boyfriend.

Said boyfriend is jealous of sweet good-looking unmarried Steven.

Said boyfriend attacks Steven at some point, causing him to avoid the house as much as possible.

option a: Said boyfriend corners Steven in the house Saturday night, kills him, disposes of body in nearby desert, dumping car in Henderson and impersonating Steven on the cell phone to create the illusion he's still alive for a few hours

option b: Steven is lying low hoping the husband stops trailing him

Yup. How many combinations are there? Four?

A. Each was there independently/coincidentally, innocently.
B. Each was there independently/coincidentally, each up to no good.
C. They were there together, but innocently.
D. They were there together, up to no good.

E. One or both lied about their location
F. Someone else impersonated Steven

Here's a scenario:

Nice helpful Steven is home teaching a woman with a violent husband or boyfriend.

Said boyfriend is jealous of sweet good-looking unmarried Steven.

Said boyfriend attacks Steven at some point, causing him to avoid the house as much as possible.

Said boyfriend corners Steven in the house Saturday night, kills him, disposes of body in nearby desert, dumping car in Henderson and impersonating Steven on the cell phone to create the illusion he's still alive for a few hours

...and how much impersonation would it take, on a cellphone connection ;)

That's as good a scenario as we've had, and a common one. Jealous boyfriend (since it's a singles ward, he'd be assigned to hometeach singles). Doesn't even have to be "hometeaching" - it could be Steven walking by and hearing an argument, maybe trying to make a date with someone who just broke up with someone else, etc, etc.

I really think there should be a search in St George. His house backs up to the hills, pretty close to the outskirts of town.

According to one of Steven's fellow ward members (SL) on the FB page:

"Ward temple night in December was on the 9th. We did sealings at 6:30 pm."

If CL is correct that Steven was there......how did he make it back from Ruby Valley in just 6.5 hours (noon PST in Ruby Valley, 6:30pm in St George)? And then he was buying gas the next day in Wendover? And gas in Springfill, and later food in Nephi....going south?

According to one of Steven's fellow ward members (SL) on the FB page:

"Ward temple night in December was on the 9th. We did sealings at 6:30 pm."

If CL is correct that Steven was there......how did he make it back from Ruby Valley in just 6.5 hours (noon PST in Ruby Valley, 6:30pm in St George)? And then he was buying gas the next day in Wendover? And gas in Springfill, and later food in Nephi....going south?

That's noon PST to 6:30 mountain time, isn't it? So really only 5.5 hours?

Does that mean the initial date of December 8 for the Ruby Valley visit is correct after all?

If he was up to no good, I'm not sure why Steven needed to tell Seth Abboud where he was ? As KC Naegle has said "Steven made no secret about being in Vegas" . The GW call I'm not really buying ; the language i.e. "do what you have to do" just doesn't ring true IMO.
For all we know, the Vegas thing could have been a fairly regular jaunt for both of them. I have always thought that the person in those videos knew his way around Anthem.
Which brings me to : the 7 video cameras. Does not make much sense. Wouldn't the homeowner had a camera lens pointing towards the mailboxes? If so, we could maybe have seen a full face pic of Steven. It makes sense to have security cameras pointing in 7 different angles, at each direction from the house.
Does anyone know what GW does for a living ?

according to one of steven's fellow ward members (sl) on the fb page:

"ward temple night in december was on the 9th. We did sealings at 6:30 pm."

if cl is correct that steven was there......how did he make it back from ruby valley in just 6.5 hours (noon pst in ruby valley, 6:30pm in st george)? And then he was buying gas the next day in wendover? And gas in springfill, and later food in nephi....going south?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I think it may be time for another correction?????

Looks like Ruby Valley to St. George is just barely do-able in the time frame. Around 350 miles according to Google. He'd have to average around 70mph, but since most of those roads look open and flat, it's physically possible.

Check that. Not sure how good the roads are for the shortest route, via US93.

typo: that should have aid 350, not 650...

That's noon PST to 6:30 mountain time, isn't it? So really only 5.5 hours?

11am-1pm PST (we don't know how long "two hours" is, when people don't have a need to pay attention)
12pm-2pm MST

So it's only 4.5 hours!

Does that mean the initial date of December 8 for the Ruby Valley visit is correct after all?

Or....that CL is wrong on the FB page (which is my guess).
Don't forget that Steven was at the Temple to see the Christmas lights (another ward activity), on the preceding Monday.

Or the "body double impersonating SK for four days" theory just got legs ;)

Looks like Ruby Valley to St. George is just barely do-able in the time frame. Around 650 miles according to Google. He'd have to average around 70mph, but since most of those roads look open and flat, it's physically possible.

And then drove back to Wendover the next day? We already had him putting over 1200 miles on, before this.
Just saying....

Looks like Ruby Valley to St. George is just barely do-able in the time frame. Around 650 miles according to Google. He'd have to average around 70mph, but since most of those roads look open and flat, it's physically possible.

The shortest route is 355 miles (down US-93 to St George). In 4.5 hours, he'd have to average over 80mph.

Do-able, barely.

But then he's bought gas in Wendover on the 10th.

Something's really "off" here.

I've got an alert in to Naegle, but she might not be able to reply until Monday.

If he was up to no good, I'm not sure why Steven needed to tell Seth Abboud where he was ? As KC Naegle has said "Steven made no secret about being in Vegas" . The GW call I'm not really buying ; the language i.e. "do what you have to do" just doesn't ring true IMO.
For all we know, the Vegas thing could have been a fairly regular jaunt for both of them. I have always thought that the person in those videos knew his way around Anthem.
Which brings me to : the 7 video cameras. Does not make much sense. Wouldn't the homeowner had a camera lens pointing towards the mailboxes? If so, we could maybe have seen a full face pic of Steven. It makes sense to have security cameras pointing in 7 different angles, at each direction from the house.
Does anyone know what GW does for a living ?

We don't KNOW if Mr Security has 7 security cameras. We just know that he's named one CAM3 and another CAM7.....so it seems there'd be at least 7. For all we know, they've all over that neighborhood and he's not going to tell. Bring up Fairy1's pictures of the back of his house.
I can't tell if that's a camera, or a DirecTV dish.

We don't KNOW if Mr Security has 7 security cameras. We just know that he's named one CAM3 and another CAM7.....so it seems there'd be at least 7. For all we know, they've all over that neighborhood and he's not going to tell. Bring up Fairy1's pictures of the back of his house.
I can't tell if that's a camera, or a DirecTV dish.

You know, if that community was persnickety about everything....especially privacy, (Appalled).....seems like since they have a security team, they would have cams too, don't ya think?
We could send Fairy1 or FastEddy4 down to scoop it out. :) Just kidding.

I'm kinda figuring it out....and it's making sense.....since HollyBlue "forced" ;) me into believing he'd lived in WVC.

OK...we've heard he quit the Trib because he didn't like working nights.
There's been quotes from his Mom that alluded to him quitting the Trib because he wanted to move somewhere warmer. Well...he didn't move "warmer" until almost a year after he left the Trib.

SO....putting WVC (living with friends, it seems), quitting the Trib job and what Naegle just told us:

"It's been mentioned that Steven lived in West Valley City for awhile (?).
A: Yep. He lived there about 2.5 years ago. The area was around 4100S and 2700W"

Mar 2007 - Jul 2008: Works with SL Tribune's online edition

SO....he's got a place, from some FB clues he's living with some friend(s) ... and he quits his job so he's not the only one working nights.

THEN, later, he moves to St George to get away from the inversions.

Where am I going with this?

MAYBE the people who know Steven the best (and who maybe aren't tight church friends) are his ex-roomie(s) in WVC ... one of them having mentioned that the guitar would have "ruined his life"?????? (Y'all can check FB to put that all together.)

One of the reasons he might have wanted to have his nights free is so he could play in/hang out with a band. And his parents not wanting to admit it.

Where did he live between the time he lived in West Valley City and the time he moved to St. George?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214