GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an early article. We know EN wasn't the one driving the sedan now. EN apparently doesn't drive and doesn't have a license. Per what EN told friends, sedan driver picked him up from the park.

The point is, the sketch is of the person they say threatened them. So some random driver that picks him up threatens their lives, I don't buy it. None of it makes sense, especially the sketch, and the fact that they didn't tell police they knew EN until the last minute. It all stinks. The sketch stinks like obstruction, IMO.

I didn't say the DA needed a motive. Juries like motives and their opinion is what matters.

Nobody behaved rationally. The mother was teaching driving lessons after drinking at a party and then insisted on going after someone with a gun.

I totally agree that no one in this situation behaved rationally.

Regarding the bolded bit: This has been a topic of speculation, but there's no evidence (at this point) that TM had been drinking prior to the shooting.

Did TM make some serious mistakes that night? Definitely. Her mistakes cost her her life.

I think the victim blaming has gotten way out of hand - to the point that it seems as if folks are hoping the alleged murderer who gunned her down gets away with it because it appears the prevailing sentiment is that she brought it all upon herself.

EN called the driver to pick him up. It wasn't some random person, it was someone EN knew.

There were at least two people involved. The one arrested (small, brown hair and eyes) and the driver.
I am still not clear which one got out of the car to threaten Mrs. Meyers and her daughter (if anybody did at all).
There are conflicting reports on that. Maybe the one described (large guy with blue or hazel eyes) is the driver?

The family and LE have said that the sketch is of the shooter/driver.

The family amd LE says that EN is the shooter. So, if they knew the shooter and they supposedly saw the shooter that close...there is no explanation for the discrepancy.

Police say the description and sketch are no longer relevant.

The daughter did say initially that the driver got out of the car and threatened them. Now she is saying the suspect got out of the passenger side and threatened them. Police said it would all make sense once they released their report, but nothing makes sense still. I don't think these conflicting statements, and many other conflicting statements, will sit well with the jury.

Regarding the bolded bit: This has been a topic of speculation, but there's no evidence (at this point) that TM had been drinking prior to the shooting.

Did TM make some serious mistakes that night? Definitely. Her mistakes cost her her life.

I think the victim blaming has gotten way out of hand.

ITA. It's getting ridiculous. She is dead. The family don't appear to have been perfect angels, but one doesn't need to be a perfect angel to be a victim. People need to knock it off. Police will sort out the conflicting statements, one way or the other. Having conflicting statements is not that unusual in a criminal case.

I think the victim blaming has gotten way out of hand.
Sometimes victims are to blame. Until we know the exact cause of the conflict, we can't rule out that she isn't at some degree of fault here. Depending on the conflict, she could be seriously at fault. Time will tell.

Police say the description and sketch are no longer relevant.

The daughter did say initially that the driver got out of the car and threatened them. Now she is saying the suspect got out of the passenger side and threatened them. Police said it would all make sense once they released their report, but nothing makes sense still. I don't think these conflicting statements, and many other conflicting statements, will sit well with the jury.

My main problem still is WHY they did not tell LE who the shooter was and where he lived. I have not heard a logical explanation yet.

Sometimes victims are to blame. Until we know the exact cause of the conflict, we can't rule out that she isn't at some degree of fault here. Depending on the conflict, she could be seriously at fault. Time will tell.

How do you assign a "degree of fault" to a dead person? From what we know now, she was back at her house, when she was shot by a suspect who came after her. That's not a case of self-defense by a suspect and fail to see how the murder is justified under these conditions.

I think the victim blaming has gotten way out of hand - to the point that it seems as if folks are hoping the alleged murderer who gunned her down gets away with it because it appears the prevailing sentiment is that she brought it all upon herself.

IMO, there is a very good chance that the family is responsible in ways that could bring charges. I don't think EN should get out if he did it, and I don't think they should get away with it, because their mother is the one who died. Their mother being dead, does not assuage guilt if it comes out there is any.

EN called the driver to pick him up. It wasn't some random person, it was someone EN knew.

The person Erich allegedly confessed to.

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Mug-sho...html?lc=Tablet

On Feb. 17, detectives interviewed Nowsch at the Clark County Juvenile Detention Center where he was in custody on an unrelated warrant. He denied any involvement in or any knowledge of Meyers' death.

On Feb. 18, detectives interviewed Zxxxxxx Axxxxxxxx, a friend of Nowsch's. He said Nowsch was over at his apartment on Feb. 13 and told him and his girlfriend about being involved in a shooting on Feb. 12. Nowsch said he was at a park near Johnson Middle School and saw a vehicle driving around. He said he thought the people in the car were looking for him, so he called a friend to pick him up.

Thinking about this again.

So when TM/BM/Daughter (not sure who was in the car initially tbh), went to the middle school parking lot. It sounds like EN was there by himself, no car, just hanging out (maybe selling drugs or whatever). It sounds like when he saw the people in the car looking at him too intensely, is when he called for his friend to pick him up.

So that means there was no honking or road rage that triggered anything according to EN,and I 'm not sure why he would lie to his friend, althought it is possible.

Another thing that I can't get out of my mind, is the fact that the ONLY reason EN is in jail right now is because he was blabbing/bragging to friends, and his friends and mom ratted him out, not because BM/The Dad/or Daughter went to the police about him. If EN's friends and mom hadn't talked to the police, the M family would still be out there saying they were looking for spiky haired 6ft tall blond/blue eyed dude and holding vigils.

My main problem still is WHY they did not tell LE who the shooter was and where he lived. I have not heard a logical explanation yet.

Who knows. I can't figure it out either, and it seems to be hard to get a straight answer out of the family members.

There were at least two people involved. The one arrested (small, brown hair and eyes) and the driver.
I am still not clear which one got out of the car to threaten Mrs. Meyers and her daughter (if anybody did at all).
There are conflicting reports on that. Maybe the one described (large guy with blue or hazel eyes) is the driver?

Did I miss the report where this driver was arrested?

Unless EN utilized some kind of bat signal or telepathy to summon a driver, shouldn't finding that guy be pretty easy?

Did I miss the report where this driver was arrested?

Unless EN utilized some kind of bat signal or telepathy to summon a driver, shouldn't finding that guy be pretty easy?

??? My post doesn't claim the driver was arrested. EN might not be talking. Would that be uncommon for a suspect to not talk to police?

Son of woman killed in road rage shooting has felt that anger himself | Las Vegas Review-Journal

(This details an incident from last August, as detailed from BrM's Facebook page)

Also mentioned:

(snip)
“Times are too hard for good people to be swindled,” wrote CGP (redacted), who left a comment on the site. “Give them the true story and then let them decide if they want to contribute.”

The page, which as of Wednesday had raised more than $6,000 in donations, was closed about 6:02 p.m.

It wasn’t clear whether the family or the web host shut down the page.

http://m.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/son-woman-killed-road-rage-shooting-has-felt-anger-himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who knows. I can't figure it out either, and it seems to be hard to get a straight answer out of the family members.

unenviable position -- Dad is out of town on business -- only has the ''accounts'' of his children

would not want to be in his position BUT -- withholding the ''identity of the shooter'' sorry ...... no one is cool with that MOO

not looking good for ''family image'' ...... need a big broom for this one (or shovel)

Not that this means anything, but twitter chatter is starting to use the word "meth" a lot. Meth speculation and conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95