GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have seen 4 different attorneys claim to be representing EN so far.

A wife and mother has been killed, I would think it would be best to just come out and tell all they know, regardless of what the consequences may be. The family must know, or do they, that it will all come out eventually, and if it sheds a bad light on mom and family you can't change that. I couldn't live with myself if I was holding back things, but then I realize we all don't have the same moral compass, and guilt that eats at us.

Even if EN's statements to LE are thrown out as inadmissible due to him being high at the time he was questioned, there is still the forensic evidence: bullet casings collected at both scenes.

IDK if the fatal gunshot wound TM suffered was through-and-through, or if a bullet lodged in her brain. If lodged in her brain, ballistics can hopefully determine that it came from EN's gun. According to the court doc, one .45 full metal jacket (IIRC) with apparent human blood on it was collected from the scene at the house.

Also, IIRC, no shell casings from BM's gun were found at the first shooting scene.

I think this case will hinge upon the forensic evidence.

Embedded video had a quick view of the '93 green Buick:

The car that accosted CNN's Sara Sidner was a small compact that was more of a teal color. Now, I have to say, this Buick is really dark. I, personally, don't know that I could discern its color at night. The other car, maybe.

:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps EN recognized the car as belonging to the Meyers family, and assumed the "kids" were looking for him because of a prior argument they'd had.
MOO

This is about a different case where the defendant was interrogated over 11 hours after he had taken something, but it gives the cases for reference. Each case has to be looked at individually:

"We have *775 held that the validity of a defendant's waiver of his Fifth Amendment rights after receiving Miranda warnings must be determined in each case by examining the facts and circumstances of the case such as the background, conduct and experience of the defendant. Anderson v. State, 109 Nev. 1129, 1133, 865 P.2d 318, 320 (1993) (citing Edwards v. Arizona, 451 U.S. 477, 101 S.Ct. 1880, 68 L.Ed.2d 378 (1981)); see also Stewart v. State, 92 Nev. 168, 170-71, 547 P.2d 320, 321 (1976) (mere intoxication will not preclude the admission of a defendant's statements unless it is shown that the intoxication was so severe as to prevent the defendant from understanding his statements or his rights)."

http://law.justia.com/cases/nevada/supreme-court/1994/24732-1.html

A wife and mother has been killed, I would think it would be best to just come out and tell all they know, regardless of what the consequences may be. The family must know, or do they, that it will all come out eventually, and if it sheds a bad light on mom and family you can't change that. I couldn't live with myself if I was holding back things, but then I realize we all don't have the same moral compass, and guilt that eats at us.

YES!!!!

Anyone know about EN council..what law firm is representing him??

Considering that she didn't have a permit and shouldn't have been driving,
very hard to understand why she was so concerned about the rules.
bbm

Exactly, brings to mind the motorist being stopped by traffic LEO and saying right off the bat -
"Officer, I was not speeding but I passed some other cars that were."

That big Green car is so memorable and noticeable. It is hard to believe that EN did not recognize the car AND the house as belonging to the Meyers family. JMO

How do you assign a "degree of fault" to a dead person?
It happens all the time in civil court when determining damages.

From what we know now, she was back at her house, when she was shot by a suspect who came after her. That's not a case of self-defense by a suspect and fail to see how the murder is justified under these conditions.
Degree of fault doesn't mean justified murder. I'm just saying that her and her family's involvement in whatever conflict caused this is relevant to me and probably the jury too.

It's crazy to walk dogs with someone?

What's crazy, imo, is all of the reported friendly contact the shooter had with the victim, prior to the shooting. He went on long walks with her and their dogs, hung out at the park, had home cooked meals at the Meyers home, was consoled after his tragedies, ALL OF THAT---yet he does not recognize their huge green oldsmobile or their home, when he is shooting at them. nThat is what seems crazy to me.

What's crazy, imo, is all of the reported friendly contact the shooter had with the victim, prior to the shooting. He went on long walks with her and their dogs, hung out at the park, had home cooked meals at the Meyers home, was consoled after his tragedies, ALL OF THAT---yet he does not recognize their huge green oldsmobile or their home, when he is shooting at them. nThat is what seems crazy to me.

He was probably high as a kite.

It's crazy to walk dogs with someone?

That they were so close yet none of them recognized each other to the point where there was a sketch of an entirely different person that LE says is no longer relevant to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95