GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
??? My post doesn't claim the driver was arrested. EN might not be talking. Would that be uncommon for a suspect to not talk to police?

cell phone record?? wouldn't EN have to contact his friend (silver car) for the ride?? hopefully through that # they could find him

??? My post doesn't claim the driver was arrested. EN might not be talking. Would that be uncommon for a suspect to not talk to police?

I am sorry if my post seemed accusatory towards you. I did not intend that at all.

Even if EN is not cooperating or if he is too stoned to cooperate, this is 2015. You can hardly go to the bathroom without leaving a digital trail. A phone call or text to someone for a ride should be extremely easy to track down once you have a suspect, IMO. That's why I find it curious EN's alleged driver has not been found or arrested, at least as far as the public has been told.

JMO

Has this been posted:

"Nowsch's attorney, Conrad Claus, told Action News that not only does his client have a strong argument for self defense, but the statements he made to police may be inadmissible since he was under the influence of drugs.

Conrad Claus and his brother Augustus have a lot of work to do preparing the defense Nowsch, but first they need to get an interview with him when he's of sound state of mind.

Conrad Claus told Action News on Friday that he has problems with Metro's questioning of the suspect since they allowed him to get high before he surrendered to SWAT teams."

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Nowschs-attorney-says-he-was-high-when-he-made-statements-to-police-293147701.html?lc=Tablet

Thinking about this again.

So when TM/BM/Daughter (not sure who was in the car initially tbh), went to the middle school parking lot. It sounds like EN was there by himself, no car, just hanging out (maybe selling drugs or whatever). It sounds like when he saw the people in the car looking at him too intensely, is when he called for his friend to pick him up.

So that means there was no honking or road rage that triggered anything according to EN,and I 'm not sure why he would lie to his friend, althought it is possible.

Another thing that I can't get out of my mind, is the fact that the ONLY reason EN is in jail right now is because he was blabbing/bragging to friends, and his friends and mom ratted him out, not because BM/The Dad/or Daughter went to the police about him. If EN's friends and mom hadn't talked to the police, the M family would still be out there saying they were looking for spiky haired 6ft tall blond/blue eyed dude and holding vigils.

EXACTLY!!!! Hope EN attorney will have a press conference and answer some questions....SO sad for SO many!

Not that this means anything, but twitter chatter is starting to use the word "meth" a lot. Meth speculation and conjecture.

yep.....was sounding a lot like all of the other crazy cases here at WS

How do you assign a "degree of fault" to a dead person? From what we know now, she was back at her house, when she was shot by a suspect who came after her. That's not a case of self-defense by a suspect and fail to see how the murder is justified under these conditions.

Based on the currently available info, I agree that he can't claim self-defense.

According to the arrest warrant affidavit, when EN was telling his friends about the shooting, he never said anyone shot at him before he opened fire. He fired at the Meyers' car in two separate shoot-outs. After the first shoot-out, he followed them BACK to their house and shot at them again.

Even IF BM brandished his weapon at the first shoot-out scene (which, if unprovoked, could make BM the initial aggressor), after the Meyers' left and returned home, when EN followed them and shot at them he then became the aggressor. Chasing a person and shooting them after that person has left the scene is not self-defense.

If LE allowed EN to get high before surrendering and then they questioned him, I'm sure all of that will get thrown out as inadmissible.

Foxnews is going to talk about this case at 4:20 (yes, seriously). I assume ET??

ETA: "#ErichNowsch charged w 1st degree murder.Road rage or NOT? Legal talkTODAY 4:20pm @FoxNews with @SchwartzDefense Esq. goo.gl/MfGoQK"

Has this been posted:

"Nowsch's attorney, Conrad Claus, told Action News that not only does his client have a strong argument for self defense, but the statements he made to police may be inadmissible since he was under the influence of drugs.

Conrad Claus and his brother Augustus have a lot of work to do preparing the defense Nowsch, but first they need to get an interview with him when he's of sound state of mind.

Conrad Claus told Action News on Friday that he has problems with Metro's questioning of the suspect since they allowed him to get high before he surrendered to SWAT teams."

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Nowschs-attorney-says-he-was-high-when-he-made-statements-to-police-293147701.html?lc=Tablet

Embedded video had a quick view of the '93 green Buick:

566b0e1ebfc715e546bece83b27c2f12.jpg

The car that accosted CNN's Sara Sidner was a small compact that was more of a teal color. Now, I have to say, this Buick is really dark. I, personally, don't know that I could discern its color at night. The other car, maybe.

:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since this is Vegas, I'm not sure I expect to ever know any of the truth about this case. The crazy seems to extend all the way up to the Clark County sheriff, IMO.

This family was a reality TV show waiting to happen.

JMO

I think it is entirely possible that EN didn't realize who he had killed ((in the car))

''friends after the killing, saying he "got those kids, they were after me, and I got them," according to a police warrant released Friday.

but after the news hit that it was TM, that's when he started crying.....MOO

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...hooting-bragged-i-got-them-police-say-n309931

BBM

Good point.

It might also be possible that the Meyers' didn't realize it was EN because he was in his friend's silver Audi. If EN never got out of the car, it's possible they didn't get a good look at him. Based on the court doc, it sounds like the driver of the silver Audi is the one who allegedly approached TM & the daughter as they were on their way home.

There's been a lot of hoopla over the fact that the sketch & description of the suspect didn't/doesn't match the apparent appearance of EN. I think it's likely because the sketch & description is of the driver of the car, whom the daughter claims got out of his car & threatened them.

After reading the arrest warrant affidavit, a lot more is making sense to me now.

I also think a lot of the confusion in the media reports is due to Bob being the primary spokesperson for the family. He's reporting his info second-hand, and I suspect he has difficulty keeping the details organized. He's grieving, so that's understandable.

I have faith that LE is able to keep the details organized, though.

If LE allowed EN to get high before surrendering and then they questioned him, I'm sure all of that will get thrown out as inadmissible.

How did LE allow EN to get high? My understanding is that he barricaded himself at his home before LE convinced him to get out. If he told them he would get out if he could get high, it's on him, not LE. Was LE supposed to shoot him to prevent him from getting high?
I am shaking my head here.

Since this is Vegas, I'm not sure I expect to ever know any of the truth about this case. The crazy seems to extend all the way up to the Clark County sheriff, IMO.

This family was a reality TV show waiting to happen.

JMO

bbm: that's my focus....it seems lately there have been too many tragic cases where we want justice for the victim's family yet straight stories have been in short supply. Sadly, in a couple of recent cases, it turns out the accused murderer was in fact close to the victim, a trusted relative, friend, or even parent and high on fill In the blank......then all bets are off for the ''straight truth'' simply because there isn't one.MOO

How did LE allow EN to get high? My understanding is that he barricaded himself at his home before LE convinced him to get out.
I am shaking my head here.

That's the exact same question I have.

What'd they do - hand him a bong and say "Here's one for the road" before they cuffed him?

If EN was high, it wasn't because LE "allowed" him to get high. I think this attorney is grasping at straws because he knows his client is guilty and this is the only defense he can conjure up at this point.

Attorney wants his client's statements thrown out because client was high. Sounds like client voluntarily got high, before being placed in custody.
I don't see why that means his statements have to be thrown out.

Attorney wants his client's statements thrown out because client was high. Sounds like client voluntarily got high, before being placed in custody.

Absolutely because he was in an altered state when they questioned him. Totally grounds to be thrown out...

We also don't know what substance he was "high" on-- Meth, crack, heroin, weed, all of the above..

On his FB page, BM has a long post in which he says, among other things, "Fact: suspects follow my wife and son home and ruthlessly kill my wife. Fact: after son sees mother go down he returns fire."

Previously, all the reports I've seen have said that the son returned fire, then saw that his mother had been shot. BM's post directly and specifically says the opposite.

Because you can't legally consent to anything while under the influence. Whether it is a guy having sex with a really drunk girl (which can be charged as rape) or a suspect giving a "confession" to cops. If you are high - you can't consent.

On his FB page, BM has a long post in which he says, among other things, "Fact: suspects follow my wife and son home and ruthlessly kill my wife. Fact: after son sees mother go down he returns fire."

Previously, all the reports I've seen have said that the son returned fire, then saw that his mother had been shot. BM's post directly and specifically says the opposite.

I'm starting to think RM isn't deceitful -- he just isn't very bright. That long post on his Facebook page is ridiculous. Instead of facing facts about the possibility his wife was buying drugs, not just "giving money" to a neighbor kid -- he blames "liberal media." Not once, but twice. What!? So the liberal media killed his wife? Um, ok. Listen, if you keep guns in your house and run with drug dealers -- this kind of stuff will tend to happen!! Also, his page is barely readable with all the grammar errors and misspelled words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713