GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what was told to the police by the daughter, the suspect promised to either kill both mother and daughter, or come back for mother and daughter, during the "road rage" part of the incident. So he obviously knew they were mother and daughter, and how could he not have recognized them? But apparently he didn't admit that to his friends.
I agree that it's obvious everyone involved knew the others involved, but they all pretended they didn't know each other for some reason. He did admit to a friend that he killed Mrs. Meyers. It's the friend who said Mrs. Meyers would meet him in the park to buy things from him. The friend said the suspect was very upset about killing Mrs. Meyers. Someone posted a link to that article in this thread somewhere.

ETA: Here's the article where the suspect's friend said the suspect knew Mrs. Meyers and cried about what happened: http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Friend...k-out-to-Action-News-293088061.html?lc=Tablet

The description of him provided to the police was way off. Eye witness testimony is often unreliable but that is a huge difference in height.
And they knew him. Did they not recognize him? Despite mother knowing him very well. Why not give police his name?
All of it is very confusing and is going to make it harder to prosecute the suspect. All his defense lawyer has to do is point to how different his description is from what was given to the police.

The description of him provided to the police was way off. Eye witness testimony is often unreliable but that is a huge difference in height.
And they knew him. Why not give police his name?
All of it is very confusing and is going to make it harder to prosecute the suspect. All his defense lawyer has to do is point to how different his description is from what was given to the police.

I do not think it will be that easy. He may be able to claim self defense regarding the first shooting, but the second they retreated he no longer had a defense claim and he became the aggressor. The law will not support chasing someone to kill them.

The best this kid can hope for is a plea bargain, in my opinion.

And they knew him. Did they not recognize him? Despite mother knowing him very well. Why not give police his name?
He admitted it though, not just to friends but to LE too. That's going to be difficult for a lawyer to overcome.

I do not think it will be that easy. He may be able to claim self defense regarding the first shooting, but the second they retreated he no longer had a defense claim. The law will not support chasing someone by car to kill them.

The best this kid can hope for is a plea bargain, in my opinion.

The defense can claim when he arrived at the house, they shot at him first so he returned fire. I think it would be hard to actually prove otherwise by the evidence since both parties fired at each other at the house. I have a feeling the jury isn't going to like the family witnesses in this case and will be hard pressed to believe anything they say. My guess is a hung jury. I don't see 12 people all agreeing on this one.

When exactly did he admit it to LE? As far as I can tell he denied it, claiming he had an alibi (which didn't pan out).
Whatever his friends are saying is hearsay and a defense lawyer would ask for it to be inadmissible.

When exactly did he admit it to LE? As far as I can tell he denied it, claiming he had an alibi (which didn't pan out).
Whatever his friends are saying is hearsay and a defense lawyer would ask for it to be inadmissible.
My mistake. LE states it as fact but I don't see any admission statement.

I hope he didn't admit it. I hope he had the good sense to remain silent and ask for an attorney.

The defense can claim when he arrived at the house, they shot at him first so he returned fire. I think it would be hard to actually prove otherwise by the evidence since both parties fired at each other at the house. I have a feeling the jury isn't going to like the family witnesses in this case and will be hard pressed to believe anything they say. My guess is a hung jury. I don't see 12 people all agreeing on this one.

He is the one who showed up at their house, not the other way around. So I don't think self-defense will fly for that reason.

I agree that it's obvious everyone involved knew the others involved, but they all pretended they didn't know each other for some reason. He did admit to a friend that he killed Mrs. Meyers. It's the friend who said Mrs. Meyers would meet him in the park to buy things from him. The friend said the suspect was very upset about killing Mrs. Meyers. Someone posted a link to that article in this thread somewhere.

ETA: Here's the article where the suspect's friend said the suspect knew Mrs. Meyers and cried about what happened: http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Friend...k-out-to-Action-News-293088061.html?lc=Tablet

from link:

He said the teen and Tammy Meyers were no strangers.

"Mrs. Meyers used to come to the park and try to purchase things off him. I don't know what she was purchasing, but I knew that she would talk to him."

[ so what does that mean? drugs?]

What exactly would a 19 year old with no job be selling in the park?

He is the one who showed up at their house, not the other way around. So I don't think self-defense will fly for that reason.

He can say he showed up to straighten out the matter between them and agree to not involve the police. But before he had a chance, they opened fire on him and he had no choice but to fire back and get out of there as quickly as possible. That's just off the top of my head---I'm sure he has an attorney by now and the attorney will come up with something even better.

What exactly would a 19 year old with no job be selling in the park?

If you look at his social media, you might assume he sold pot. Lots of pix with money stacks and buds.

If you look at his social media, you might assume he sold pot. Lots of pix with money stacks and buds.

The CNN article I posted upthread released his instagram handle.

It's all there.

Who is Las Vegas shooting suspect Erich Nowsch? - CNN.com

Multiple embedded videos
And more@link:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/20/us/las-vegas-shooting-suspect/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA:
(Snip)

The header for that (IG) page? Moblife18.

You have a good point there, he could claim that. But he would have a hard convincing a jury that he shot 7 times at someone who did not return fire then followed them home for peace talks.

L
with all due respect, i have to say that i do not believe that anyone/the perp threatened to tm that he was going to kill her and her daughter. It just doesnt have the ring of truth to me. Imo that assertion was made by either dad or brother br to help 'justify' why tm and brm went out looking for the car, complete with br packing heat. If that threat had really been made to them, does it make a lick of sense that tm would have dropped off her frightened daughter at home? Not to me. I call bs.

I totally agree. Total BS.

You have a good point there, he could claim that. But he would have a hard convincing a jury that he shot 7 times at someone who did not return fire then followed them home for peace talks.

I agree with you and I certainly would have a hard time believing him but they only need one juror to think that MAYBE that's what happened.

This jury is going to have a tough time since all the witnesses are liars so they can't believe any of them. What a nightmare!

One of the neighbors or friends said he was in the park all the time and sold weed from there.

I'll post it if I can find it.

I'm not 100% certain the details in the police report are accurate. From either side. The M's have changed the story several times. And how do we know the friends story is 100% true?

One of the neighbors or friends said he was in the park all the time and sold weed from there.

I'll post it if I can find it.

I'm not 100% certain the details in the police report are accurate. From either side. The M's have changed the story several times. And how do we know the friends story is 100% true?

Well for one, the friend who said he was proud of the shooting is in contradiction to the text message that says, " I *advertiser censored**ed up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills