GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's possible that dad's biggest mistake is simply believing everything his kids say. But IMO dad is knowingly involved in the coverup, and possibly directing it completely. He knew that his wife knew EN. He knew that his kids knew EN. He knew EN's name and address. If mom was in fact buying pills from EN, dad probably knew that too. He reportedly called the media even before he got home -- probably thinking that if he got the family's story out in public first, people would be more inclined to believe it. And he was right -- it seems that some people still believe it was a road rage and that the Meyers have been telling the story correctly. I personally don't understand how anyone can still believe that, but apparently some people do.

BBM--The case was played up big in the local media as Road Rage Murder!! Shocking!!
A few days ago the local media had to go back and alter their earlier reporting. How often do you really hear about TV stations having to "rename" a story. Most have retracted the Road Rage theme.

What changed? It was obvious the deceased immediate family members were not being truthful with LE. Who expects a turn in a case like that? Most decent folks are going to need some time to really let this sink in. The wife/mom is murdered, and it appears family members are inventing stories and or strategy? It is really unseemly.

Anyway, as the newspapers and tv/radio stations continue to report the twists and turns most of the public will probably get it.

Yes I thought for awhile that Mom might not have been in the car, but EN's statement to police says he shot at the person coming out of the car. So I think Mom was in the car.

I thought he shot at both the person in the car and the person running for the door... Wasn't Mom found closer to the door than the car?
Lol rinse , repeat
It will all change tomorrow and I will have a different theory lol

Anderson Cooper (AC360's Transcript Page) isn't updated yet, so I decided to transcribe the segment myself from my DVR via iPhone (I'm impatient that way :blushing: :earson: )

Suspect's Attorney: Story from Victim's Family Doesn't Add Up

AC: So Conrad (Claus = CC), is there a lot to this story that we haven't heard yet, in your opinion? Because it does seem like the facts that are out there, A) they keep changing; and a lot of them don't seem to really add up in terms of explaining what really happened.

CC: Well, the funny thing is that if you apply another motive potentially, to these stories, changing stories, it makes a lot more sense. And while we're not willing to do that right now, the changing stories are only confusing if you're looking at it as a "road rage situation," if you're looking at it as it was initially presented.

AC: So you don't believe there was a "road rage," initial "road rage" incident.

CC: No, I don't believe there was an initial "road rage" incident. If you want, I can give you five or six, or more points that...

AC: sure

CC: ... that logically point to the fact that it wasn't there. Well, first off, the "road rage" was precipitated by a mother supposedly giving driving lessons to her daughter at 11 o'clock at night. They, when threatened on the road, they don't call the police, but they go home. If you have a stranger stop you on the road and say, "We're going to, yeah we're going, I'm going to hurt you," the first place you go is not driving straight to your house, you call the police, and drive to some populated area that's NOT near your house. When you get to the house,, the first thing you do is call the police, not arm yourself and go looking for this person. There's no way that you'd find a person. There's no way you're gonna find somebody who randomly had a problem with you in traffic five minutes before, unless you know who they are. The fact that the Meyers family don't tell us, at any point for five days that this was Erich Knowsch that they believed was involved in this situation, is suspicious. The fact that the sketch was inaccurate, I'll go so far as to say the composite sketch provided to police was MISLEADING,, is also problematic.

AC: Can you talk a little bit more about the relationship between your client and. Tammy Meyers? Because the Meyers family says that a Tammy became close to your client after his father committed suicide. *** She used to go to the park, talk to him, you know, kind of give him "life-counseling." That he'd even stayed at their house.
(***kimi_SFC note: CC exhibits brief smirk in response to this question - I hope they release the video so y'all can see the non-verbal communication)

CC: Yeah, well, what I can say is that actual relationship between Tammy Meyers and between Erich Knowsch is probably somewhere the two lies that were offered by Bob Meyers at different stages of this. The first lie being, "We didn't know this guy at all. We didn't know this person who threatened or shot". And the second lie being, "My wife was his mentor and used to give him money for no reason, and have him around the house at all times." There has been reported to us, independent conversations, the media and hopefully the police have had some contact with some people that have indicated that there may have been some exchanges that went on in the park between Tammy Meyers and Erich Knowsch, but we are not asserting that. We are not preparing to. We hope that anybody with information about that comes forward and proves further information. We're in the process of investigating that.

AC: You're alluding to so that our viewers are aware, some reports that some media outlets some people in the neighborhood or some people say they are friends with your client, have said that actually Tammy Meyers may have actually been buying prescription drugs or that even your client was selling prescription drugs in the park, and perhaps that, those are the exchanges you're referring to.

CC: the problem, Anderson, is we've got a horrendous situation, and we don't want to make it worse by making allegations that aren't supported by facts.

AC: Let me ask you just about your client. You believe some of his statements made to police were made while he was under the influence. Apparently he had gotten high before he gave himself up.

CC: the sequence was, on the night that Erich was taken into custody, the police were humane and responsible and rather than storming in, they made sure he was alone in the house, and negotiated him stepping out. And part of the terms to negotiation was he received permission from police to officers to get high before he came outside.

AC: I think a lot of people would be surprised to hear that the police negotiated with your client, allowing him to get high before he gave himself up. That was something discussed between him and the police?

CC: it might surprise most people, but when you have a dynamic situation, with SWAT surrounding a home, helicopters flying around a home, and a potential for violence, what police officers are trained to do is use whatever tools that are at their disposal in order to effectuate a peaceful change in custody status, so to speak. They wanted to take Erich into custody, and they didn't want anybody to get hurt. So negotiating in such a manner is not only explainable, but it's praise-worthy. It's making sure that., if he said he'd come out when he was high, then let him get high before he came out. Our concern is that they didn't let him get un-high. They didn't let him dry out before they questioned him.

AC: Conrad Claus, thank you for your time.

CC: thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am toying with the idea that Mom was never in the car myself...but we may never know. [emoji19]

That's how I'm leaning. I think eventually we'll know, one way or the other.

I thought he shot at both the person in the car and the person running for the door... Wasn't Mom found closer to the door than the car?
Lol rinse , repeat

that's the way I understood it too
and
to compound confusion, TM was dead on the ground but last time BM saw her before he started shooting she was seated in the car......IIRC

He's a drug dealer with a juvie record who has been accused by neighbors of going after their children with knives and guns and generally being bad news.

I don't think juries have trouble convicting young looking white men. I think juries have trouble convicting defendants when there's very little physical evidence and the witnesses are not credible.

IMO, if EN is not convicted, it will be largely because of the complete lack of credibility of the Meyers family. Not because he claims self-defense, or because he's white and young.

I hope there's more physical evidence than we're aware of, and that there are more witnesses than we're aware of, who have more credibility than the Meyerses do.

EN seems to have a good defense lawyer. I was frankly very impressed with him on Anderson Cooper. He will make a lot of "hay" about EN's troubled background and will do everything he can to cast blame on TM and TM's family (look what they did to Travis Alexander!) I don't think EN will "get off," Las Vegas jurors tend to be supportive of LE. But the defense attorney may be able to mitigate punishment or at least avoid the death penalty.

Anderson Cooper (AC360's Transcript Page) isn't updated yet, so I decided to transcribe the segment myself from my DVR via iPhone (I'm impatient that way :blushing: :earson: )

Suspect's Attorney: Story from Victim's Family Doesn't Add Up

AC: So Conrad (Claus = CC), is there a lot to this story that we haven't heard yet, in your opinion? Because it does seem like the facts that are out there, A) they keep changing; and a lot of them don't seem to really add up in terms of explaining what really happened.

CC: Well, the funny thing is that if you apply another motive potentially, to these stories, changing stories, it makes a lot more sense. And while we're not willing to do that right now, the changing stories are only confusing if you're looking at it as a "road rage situation," if you're looking at it as it was initially presented.

AC: So you don't believe there was a "road rage," initial "road rage" incident.

CC: No, I don't believe there was an initial "road rage" incident. If you want, I can give you five or six, or more points that...

AC: sure

CC: ... that logically point to the fact that it wasn't there. Well, first off, the "road rage" was precipitated by a mother supposedly giving driving lessons to her daughter at 11 o'clock at night. They, when threatened on the road, they don't call the police, but they go home. If you have a stranger stop you on the road and say, "We're going to, yeah we're going, I'm going to hurt you," the first place you go is not driving straight to your house, you call the police, and drive to some populated area that's NOT near your house. When you get to the house,, the first thing you do is call the police, not arm yourself and go looking for this person. There's no way that you'd find a person. There's no way you're gonna find somebody who randomly had a problem with you in traffic five minutes before, unless you know who they are. The fact that the Meyers family don't tell us, at any point for five days that this was Erich Knowsch that they believed was involved in this situation, is suspicious. The fact that the sketch was inaccurate, I'll go so far as to say the composite sketch provided to police was MISLEADING,, is also problematic.

AC: Can you talk a little bit more about the relationship between your client and. Tammy Meyers? Because the Meyers family says that a Tammy became close to your client after his father committed suicide. *** She used to go to the park, talk to him, you know, kind of give him "life-counseling." That he'd even stayed at their house.
(***kimi_SFC note: CC exhibits brief smirk in response to this question - I hope they release the video so y'all can see the non-verbal communication)

CC: Yeah, well, what I can say is that actual relationship between Tammy Meyers and between Erich Knowsch is probably somewhere the two lies that were offered by Bob Meyers at different stages of this. The first lie being, "We didn't know this guy at all. We didn't know this person who threatened or shot". And the second lie being, "My wife was his mentor and used to give him money for no reason, and have him around the house at all times." There has been reported to us, independent conversations, the media and hopefully the police have had some contact with some people that have indicated that there may have been some exchanges that went on in the park between Tammy Meyers and Erich Knowsch, but we are not asserting that. We are not preparing to. We hope that anybody with information about that comes forward and proves further information. We're in the process of investigating that.

AC: You're alluding to so that our viewers are aware, some reports that some media outlets some people in the neighborhood or some people say they are friends with your client, have said that actually Tammy Meyers may have actually been buying prescription drugs or that even your client was selling prescription drugs in the park, and perhaps that, those are the exchanges you're referring to.

CC: the problem, Anderson, is we've got a horrendous situation, and we don't want to make it worse by making allegations that aren't supported by facts.

AC: Let me ask you just about your client. You believe some of his statements made to police were made while he was under the influence. Apparently he had gotten high before he gave himself up.

CC: the sequence was, on the night that Erich was taken into custody, the police were humane and responsible and rather than storming in, they made sure he was alone in the house, and negotiated him stepping out. And part of the terms to negotiation was he received permission from police to officers to get high before he came outside.

AC: I think a lot of people would be surprised to hear that the police negotiated with your client, allowing him to get high before he gave himself up. That was something discussed between him and the police?

CC: it might surprise most people, but when you have a dynamic situation, with SWAT surrounding a home, helicopters flying around a home, and a potential for violence, what police officers are trained to do is use whatever tools that are at their disposal in order to effectuate a peaceful change in custody status, so to speak. They wanted to take Erich into custody, and they didn't want anybody to get hurt. So negotiating in such a manner is not only explainable, but it's praise-worthy. It's making sure that., if he said he'd come out when he was high, then let him get high before he came out. Our concern is that they didn't let him get un-high. They didn't let him dry out before they questioned him.

AC: Conrad Claus, thank you for your time.

CC: thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm: both of these items are worthy -- adding some sanity to the mix in this craziness

i.e. let's stick to the known facts and don't ask a doper when he's high for facts

I just watched this video from shortly after the shooting. (I'm not sure of the date, but TM was still alive at this point.)
http://www.fox5vegas.com/video?clipId=11137651

In this video, a neighbor is interviewed. The neighbor says his son heard 3 loud pops followed by a squealing of tires followed by a couple more pops. Who really did fire first there at the cul de sac? I'm not so sure it was EN.

Also in this video, RM says that the silver car followed his wife home and his son came out of the house and returned fire.

Son in the car with mom hunting for the silver car vs. silver car follows mom home and son comes out of house and returns fire. That's a major difference. That's not inadvertently getting a minor detail wrong, like the car was 2-door or 4-door, or it was 11:10 vs. 11:20. That's a significant enough difference that it can only be a lie.

Either the son deliberately lied to his dad immediately after the shooting, or the son told dad the truth and dad deliberately lied right after the shooting. One or the other.

Why would RM or BM lie about BM being in the car with mom? They did feel compelled later on to admit that Brandon was in the car, but what exactly were they trying to cover up here?

Thank you for that. Hard to find these videos with no article beneath them.

So gunfire THEN tires squealing. Hmmm. Accidental (or intentional) shots fired by family member vs family member, panic, haul *advertiser censored*?

bbm: both of these items are worthy -- adding some sanity to the mix in this craziness

i.e. let's stick to the known facts and don't ask a doper when he's high for facts

Dopers constantly argue that they can function just fine while high.

So gunfire THEN tires squealing. Hmmm. Accidental (or intentional) shots fired by family member vs family member, panic, haul *advertiser censored*?

Umm. No.
Bullets were from .45 caliber gun which is a suspect's gun.

omg! YES they do --- and have superior driving skills too:scared:

But this poor little one couldn't function, apparently, after voluntarily getting high. I am guessing getting high is his regular state, he should have been functioning just fine.

Lol rinse , repeat

I haven't been able to find any definitive answer on exactly where mom was found.

Yes, EN's friends told police that EN said he fired at the person running from the car to the house, and at the car. That doesn't mean that there weren't 3 people out there that night. EN simply may not have seen the third person. It was dark. There were muzzle flashes both from his gun and from Brandon's gun, and that can interfere with your night vision. Maybe daughter was running toward the house at the same time mom was running outside and EN . Maybe mom was originally behind the hickup truck where EN didn't see her.

I imagine that was a pretty chaotic scene in the cul de sac while the shooting was going on, and that it started and ended very quickly. I would not expect any description of that scene to be accurate to the last detail, from any of the witnesses, even if I believed that the witnesses were trying very hard to be truthful. If a completely neutral person with excellent observation and recall skills had been sitting out on their front porch watching the event as it happened, I wouldn't expect their account to be accurate to the last detail.

EN seems to have a good defense lawyer. I was frankly very impressed with him on Anderson Cooper. He will make a lot of "hay" about EN's troubled background and will do everything he can to cast blame on TM and TM's family (look what they did to Travis Alexander!) I don't think EN will "get off," Las Vegas jurors tend to be supportive of LE. But the defense attorney may be able to mitigate punishment or at least avoid the death penalty.

I will be very surprised if the Death Penalty is on the table in this case. I don't know about Las Vegas jurors, but I would bet good money he would not be convicted of murder in CA. Other lesser charges, probably, but not murder.

There are some really sad points to this case and whether Tammy had an inappropriate relationship with this young man, was buying drugs from him or just displayed really, really bad judgement in getting the gun and looking for him, I think we all agree she did not deserve to die for her mistakes. That's the tragedy and, sadly it's being overshadowed by all the lies and half truths the family has put out there.

Or possibly the neighbor's son isn't recalling exactly correctly what he heard. As I said just upthread, even disinterested third parties won't always get all the details right.

But yes, the report from the neighbor is that his son heard shots, then squealing tires, then more shots. If that order of events is supported by additional ear-witness reports from additional neighbors, then IMO there's a good chance that was in fact the order of events. And it does make me wonder who fired first.

Or possibly the neighbor's son isn't recalling exactly correctly what he heard. As I said just upthread, even disinterested third parties won't always get all the details right.

But yes, the report from the neighbor is that his son heard shots, then squealing tires, then more shots. If that order of events is supported by additional ear-witness reports from additional neighbors, then IMO there's a good chance that was in fact the order of events. And it does make me wonder who fired first.
Shots would be the suspect shooting. Squealing tires would be suspect driving away. More shots would be son shooting at the car as it was driving away. I don't see an issue here.

I haven't been able to find any definitive answer on exactly where mom was found.

Yes, EN's friends told police that EN said he fired at the person running from the car to the house, and at the car. That doesn't mean that there weren't 3 people out there that night. EN simply may not have seen the third person. It was dark. There were muzzle flashes both from his gun and from Brandon's gun, and that can interfere with your night vision. Maybe daughter was running toward the house at the same time mom was running outside and EN . Maybe mom was originally behind the hickup truck where EN didn't see her.

I imagine that was a pretty chaotic scene in the cul de sac while the shooting was going on, and that it started and ended very quickly. I would not expect any description of that scene to be accurate to the last detail, from any of the witnesses, even if I believed that the witnesses were trying very hard to be truthful. If a completely neutral person with excellent observation and recall skills had been sitting out on their front porch watching the event as it happened, I wouldn't expect their account to be accurate to the last detail.

Yes I imagine EN was stoned and so his account might also be confused because of that.

" My son was very hurt, thinking I was going to blame him for his mom going down, and he didn’t come forward with all the things." Mom Going Down, seriously who says such a demeaning thing? That's right, Bob does. I would take my cars to the car wash before I would let that little punk wash my car, he would probably steal the hubcaps while I wasn't watching. And why Bob, would this be allowed if you didn't want EN hanging around your kids? I'm just waiting for the next shoe to fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj