GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shots would be the suspect shooting. Squealing tires would be suspect driving away. More shots would be son shooting at the car as it was driving away. I don't see an issue here.

OR shots would be Brandon opening fire on the silver car as it turned into the cul de sac. Squealing tires would be the silver car stopping and turning fast to get away. More shots would be EN in the silver car shooting back at Brandon as the silver car leaves.

Do we have any definitive evidence one way or the other? If you're aware of any definitive evidence -- i.e., not depending solely on what Brandon said, or any members of his family -- please do share it.

This morning I realized one of the biggest lies in the case ---

No 15 year old girl will want to be seen driving a Buick as big as a whale. Hence, there were never any lessons!

OR shots would be Brandon opening fire on the silver car as it turned into the cul de sac. Squealing tires would be the silver car stopping and turning fast to get away. More shots would be EN in the silver car shooting back at Brandon as the silver car leaves.

Do we have any definitive evidence one way or the other? If you're aware of any definitive evidence -- i.e., not depending solely on what Brandon said, or any members of his family -- please do share it.

The suspect was the only one shooting at the previous scene. It would only make sense that if he was gong to follow Meyer's car to their home, he would be the one to shoot first. In what he told his friends, the suspect wasn't even aware he was shot at.
<mod snip>.

This morning I realized one of the biggest lies in the case ---

No 15 year old girl will want to be seen driving a Buick as big as a whale. Hence, there were never any lessons!

IME 15 yr olds would rather do driving time with big brother rather than mom or dad too MOO

and isn't your momma and your sister kind of a guy on guy insult???

The suspect was the only one shooting at the previous scene. It would only make sense that if he was gong to follow Meyer's car to their home, he would be the one to shoot first. In what he told his friends, the suspect wasn't even aware he was shot at.
But of course you can keep on coming up with theories by which the suspect can get off.

I have no doubt EN will be convicted and serve time for his actions that terrible night. The challenge is something we all agree on here that the second casualty that night is the ''facts as presented or recalled''.

part of the discussion

Fact is, numerous parents have taught their children how to drive, and in fact it only makes sense to use an old car to teach someone to drive. Some people don't have new cars, what are they supposed to use to teach their children to drive? You use what you have.

Fact is, numerous parents have taught their children how to drive, and in fact it only makes sense to use an old car to teach someone to drive. Some people don't have new cars, what are they supposed to use to teach their children to drive? You use what you have.

I'm with you on that...my kids were just so disappointed they didn't get a hot corvette to practice in....in fact it was (gasp) a buick too .... but they did prefer to ride with older sibling instead of dear old mom or dad MOO

He's a drug dealer with a juvie record who has been accused by neighbors of going after their children with knives and guns and generally being bad news.

I don't think juries have trouble convicting young looking white men. I think juries have trouble convicting defendants when there's very little physical evidence and the witnesses are not credible.

IMO, if EN is not convicted, it will be largely because of the complete lack of credibility of the Meyers family. Not because he claims self-defense, or because he's white and young.

I hope there's more physical evidence than we're aware of, and that there are more witnesses than we're aware of, who have more credibility than the Meyerses do.

And not 6' tall, 180 - 200 lbs, not blonde with spiked hair, and not 20-30 yrs old.

JMO

I will be very surprised if the Death Penalty is on the table in this case. I don't know about Las Vegas jurors, but I would bet good money he would not be convicted of murder in CA. Other lesser charges, probably, but not murder.

There are some really sad points to this case and whether Tammy had an inappropriate relationship with this young man, was buying drugs from him or just displayed really, really bad judgement in getting the gun and looking for him, I think we all agree she did not deserve to die for her mistakes. That's the tragedy and, sadly it's being overshadowed by all the lies and half truths the family has put out there.

I really wish there was an "Agree" button. TVM.

I have no doubt EN will be convicted and serve time for his actions that terrible night. The challenge is something we all agree on here that the second casualty that night is the ''facts as presented or recalled''.

I have many doubts until I see some kind of evidence beyond what a bunch of liars and druggies say happened, but I always tend towards skepticism.

I just watched this video from shortly after the shooting. (I'm not sure of the date, but TM was still alive at this point.)
http://www.fox5vegas.com/video?clipId=11137651

In this video, a neighbor is interviewed. The neighbor says his son heard 3 loud pops followed by a squealing of tires followed by a couple more pops. Who really did fire first there at the cul de sac? I'm not so sure it was EN.

Also in this video, RM says that the silver car followed his wife home and his son came out of the house and returned fire.

Son in the car with mom hunting for the silver car vs. silver car follows mom home and son comes out of house and returns fire. That's a major difference. That's not inadvertently getting a minor detail wrong, like the car was 2-door or 4-door, or it was 11:10 vs. 11:20. That's a significant enough difference that it can only be a lie.

Either the son deliberately lied to his dad immediately after the shooting, or the son told dad the truth and dad deliberately lied right after the shooting. One or the other.

Why would RM or BM lie about BM being in the car with mom? They did feel compelled later on to admit that Brandon was in the car, but what exactly were they trying to cover up here?

Also, why does Bob feel the need to constantly tell media/the public how INNOCENT his kids are? If that were MY dad, I'd be telling him to shutup, in a most respectful manner.

For the more experienced WSers how long does it usually take to get the autopsy report and toxicology results? I know you most often get the autopsy first but I'm really curious to see if TM had drugs in her system that night.

JMO

I'm inclined to believe that TM was giving driving lessons, or at least was in the car with her daughter. I'm also inclined to believe that TM took her son to go out and look for them, and this I'm having a hard time with, why not call 911 instead if you are feeling threatened???? When EN said he saw someone point a gun at him, this is when I think TM and son were in the car, I think the son pulled out his gun to show the Audi not to mess with them and that is when the Audi took off, then stopped and took shots at the Buick. I think TM and her son didn't realize what they were up against and took off back to their house. This is MOO and I'm not even sure if it's the correct opinion.. lol too many things going on to try and piece together.

I agree with your thoughts above.

In this case, though, it's more complicated for me. The daughter didn't have a permit, which means she wasn't on the car insurance. I have a hard time seeing any responsible parent being happily comfortable with a situation like this, especially in a busy city like Las Vegas. Beyond that, the supposed driving lesson would have taken place during curfew hours. I don't buy the driving lesson, although it's quite possible if impairment was an issue the daughter could have been tasked to drive. It's also (sadly) possible the responsibilities of driving weren't taken seriously, and the daughter was taken out to have some "fun" driving. It's not a lesson w/o insurance and a permit in my book. IDK. We'll have to see what else turns up.

May I add-I do appreciate your posts. I may not always see things the same way, but as we think things through I believe lots of opinions and insights are helpful. :)

For the more experienced WSers how long does it usually take to get the autopsy report and toxicology results? I know you most often get the autopsy first but I'm really curious to see if TM had drugs in her system that night.

JMO

I am betting we won't know unless it comes out at trial. JMO

Or.... the suspect was the only one shooting at the previous scene. It would only make sense that when they followed Brandon back to his home, that Brandon would open fire first, in an attempt to keep EN from shooting at him any more.

But of course you can keep on coming up with theories by which the suspect can get off.

I think I still haven't made clear where I'm coming from on this. I think EN is guilty. I do not believe it was self-defense. I hope EN is convicted. I think the Meyers have royally screwed the case by telling so many lies and leaving out and changing so many important facts.

I'm not trying to figure out a way that EN can get off. I'm putting forth methods that EN's legal team can use to get him off. I'm sure that EN's lawyers will be smart enough to think of these angles all by themselves, without my help.

If you're aware of any verified, definitive evidence that EN shot first in the cul de sac, please share it. I would really like to know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67