GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have some reason to think that EN's own lawyer is not finding out EN's side?

Because he says as much. Why doesn't his client tells him his side?

"If Nowsch, just 5' 3", very slim build, and relatively little experience with weapons, shot Meyers in the head from a moving vehicle in the dark, why did he do it? The Claus brothers are trying to figure that out, but say they haven't been able to get much out of Nowsch."

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Defense-investigating-drug-claims-in-Tammy-Meyers-death-293978251.html

Pretty funny given that at least one of the sons was wearing a t-shirt with the name of a product to clear the urine of drugs for tox screens in an early interview in front of the home. I looked up the name of the product & posted it in the 1st thread.

:facepalm: :thud: At least they're...consistent?

There was some talk of pot use by TM on CNN yesterday. A neighborhood kid who was interviewed said "she smokes," although he qualified his statement by saying it was "word on the street." When RM made the "pee test" statement, the reporter followed up with questions about the wife's drug use. At that point, RM said, "you'd better talk to my lawyer," or "I can't answer that," or something along those lines.

"If Nowsch, just 5' 3", very slim build, and relatively little experience with weapons, shot Meyers in the head from a moving vehicle in the dark, why did he do it? The Claus brothers are trying to figure that out, but say they haven't been able to get much out of Nowsch."

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Defense-investigating-drug-claims-in-Tammy-Meyers-death-293978251.html

Sometimes defense lawyers will deliberately NOT SEEK incriminating information from their clients because they "don't want to know" about stuff that could later be seen as them withholding incriminating evidence. Although they are covered by privilege, if they "open the door" in court, the incriminating information could come out.

Sometimes defense lawyers will deliberately NOT SEEK incriminating information from their clients because they "don't want to know" about stuff that could later be seen as them withholding incriminating evidence. Although they are covered by privilege, if they "open the door" in court, the incriminating information could come out.

It sounds like he pretty much admitted his client did it and is going for "self-defense" theory. But doesn't his client have to claim self-defense first?

Okay, so his lawyers are trying to get EN's side of the story. What's the problem? Should they not do any other investigation or talk to any other witnesses until after EN decides to talk to them?

It sounds like he pretty much admitted his client did it and is going for "self-defense" theory. But doesn't his client have to claim self-defense first?

I don't know, but I think the lawyer can advise the client that his actions were in self defense.

I'm thinking EN doesn't want to "snitch" on who the driver was and that they were dealing drugs. Hopefully he'll come around. But we really don't know exactly what has been said between them.

Formally, that happens at some point during the court proceedings. I'm not sure exactly when. There will be some proceeding in which the judge asks "How do you plead?" or some words to that effect.

But his client doesn't have to claim anything in particular at this point in time. Until that plea is formally entered in court, the lawyers can consider many different types of defenses, depending on what (if anything) their client says, and what other witnesses say, and what physical evidence the police have.

One huge discrepancy that continues to stand out to me is EN's friend's statement to LE that EN said "I got those kids! Those kids were after me but I got them!" EN was also reportedly very upset when he discovered TM was the one shot.

This COMPLETELY contradicts BM and his sister's statement to LE that everyone in the Mystery Car knew that Mom and Daughter were in the car. At this point I no longer believe that any road rage happened, except on the part of TM and family as the aggressors.

Heck, at this point I'm even beginning to question if TM was even in the car at all. Yes, I'm officially jumping on that bandwagon.

RM saying that BM lied because he didn't want his dad to get mad at him for his "mom going down" tends to bolster that theory. Making himself look like the good guy "I begged Mom to call the police but she refused! She was going to go without me! I had to protect her!" Pffft. BM has a problem with the truth, that's a fact.

At any rate, I don't believe EN knew that the mom was in the car, if indeed she was.

Throwing my hands up. I'm sure my opinion will change tomorrow, lol.

BBM: I'm starting to doubt my theory about the driving lessons, too. However, it was dark out and if they did have their car windows tinted, then it would be hard to see in the car. The daughter and her brother aren't kids, kids don't drive (Ok maybe I'm just being a bit picking here with the words, but still) We need to keep in mind that it was dark when all this happened. EN did say he saw a car driving around at the school and thought they were after him so maybe there was a driving lesson going on????? I'm still up in the air about this... I'M SOOOOOO CONFUSED!!! LOL :gaah:

Don't ever hang anything from the rear-view mirror! According to folks on this thread, it is a driving hazard and in some states having something hanging there is illegal.

Is it illegal to drive with the placard hanging from the rearview mirror?

Yes. It is a violation to drive while the permit tag is hanging. All states have code violations regarding "Materially Obstructed View" while driving. If found in violation, fines up to $1000 or more may be imposed, that is why the tag says "REMOVE BEFORE DRIVING". Also, if involved in an accident while placard is hanging from your rearview mirror, you will be easily charged.

https://jlsafety.com/FAQ#04

I don't think anyone was saying anything beyond what the law in fact states. It wasn't personal to Bob.

Okay, so his lawyers are trying to get EN's side of the story. What's the problem? Should they not do any other investigation or talk to any other witnesses until after EN decides to talk to them?

Well, I guess the problem for the lawyer is, his own darn client won't even tell him what his side of the story is.

There was some talk of pot use by TM on CNN yesterday. A neighborhood kid who was interviewed said "she smokes," although he qualified his statement by saying it was "word on the street." When RM made the "pee test" statement, the reporter followed up with questions about the wife's drug use. At that point, RM said, "you'd better talk to my lawyer," or "I can't answer that," or something along those lines.

Do you have a link for that? The only thing I have seen is a text message.

Well, I guess the problem for the lawyer is, his own darn client won't even tell him what his side of the story is.

Yes, that is a problem. I would imagine that's why he's wanting any other people to come forward who might have any information about EN, TM, and the relationship between them.

EN is entitled to a competent defense. His lawyers are doing the best they can with what they've got. They can't just tell the judge "He won't talk to us so you might as well just throw his butt in prison for life."

I hate to sound like a party pooper and I appreciate the pics and video you already took and posted, and of course you don't have to take anything I say to heart - but I'm not sure if it's such a great idea if you'd actually go into their street and video and take pics? Everyone there, including the M family (I am assuming they are still able to live in the home?), is likely on edge with everything that happened. I'd hate for something to happen to you, even if it is only something seemingly innocent as the police wanting to know what you're doing there and why.

Again, don't feel obliged to listen to me, and maybe I'm becoming too much of a chicken at my old age, but I wanted to make sure I said it. It is well-meant and from a place of caring. :heartluv:

This is why I drove past the street instead of going into the track. I saw another car that was actually stopped right next to the house and taking a pic, detective maybe?, hard to say. I am hesitant because I also want to not invade too much of their privacy, not like it hasn't been already.. The Google map of the house that was posted a couple pages back, is a perfect view of the house/street.

I have no links or evidence to back this up, but just to throw out an alternate theory, what if Tammy and her son were selling EN prescription drugs?

ETA: hit submit too son. That could make the son partially liable if he was in the process of committing a felony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili