NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Per my notes - here is what is coming up on this case...

Updated 12/30/23

NY - $250m lawsuit New York vs. Donald J. Trump, Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump, Jr. & Eric Trump & the Trump Organization, Inc. (Allen Weisselberg & Jeffrey McConney) that was allegedly obtained through fraudulent means. – AG Letitia James. Judge Arthur F. Engoron.

Monday, 10/2/23 @ 10am - Bench Trial ongoing…. Prosecutors rested their case on 11/8/23. Defense began their case on 11/13/23 & ended on Tuesday, 12/12/23. NYAG Letitia James present a brief rebuttal case.
Friday, 1/5/24 - Legal briefs summarizing their positions before returning to court for oral arguments are due.
Thursday, 1/11/24 - Closing arguments.

I genuinely am not sure where this belongs…there are SO MANY Trump threads….is there already a Michigan one?

These are new allegations of Trump caught on tape putting pressure on two low level canvassers to not certify votes in Michigan.

So I imagine he may end up on trial for this, as well.

One of the canvassers has passed away but the other can talk if she’s subpoenaed, or voluntarily.
I don't see another trial for this- Jack Smith may bring this information to the Jan 6 coup trial---JMO

Anyone listen to the audio this morning when Trump tried to convince the appeals court in DC to throw his Jan 6 coup case out based on immunity cause as president he has immunity for anything he did as president?? I listened for just a few minutes, but I heard 3 skeptical judges-- He is not going to get immunity for his trying to overthrow an election, because he thinks he is king--- I need the barf bucket!

Former President Trump intends to personally deliver part of the defense's closing argument at the conclusion of his civil fraud trial in New York on Thursday, sources familiar with the former president's strategy tell ABC News.

The defendants in the case -- Trump, his two eldest sons and two former Trump Organization executives -- are represented by three primary attorneys, Christopher Kise, Clifford Robert and Alina Habba. But sources say Trump himself is determined to deliver a portion of the closing statement.

The sources cautioned that plans for the defense's closing argument remain fluid.

The Manhattan courtroom where the his trial has been held is currently in use for another high-profile trial involving the New York attorney general's case against the National Rifle Association and Wayne LaPierre, and the judge in that case told jurors the trial would temporarily move to a different courtroom this week to accommodate Trump's civil trial.

Former President Trump intends to personally deliver part of the defense's closing argument at the conclusion of his civil fraud trial in New York on Thursday, sources familiar with the former president's strategy tell ABC News.

The defendants in the case -- Trump, his two eldest sons and two former Trump Organization executives -- are represented by three primary attorneys, Christopher Kise, Clifford Robert and Alina Habba. But sources say Trump himself is determined to deliver a portion of the closing statement.

The sources cautioned that plans for the defense's closing argument remain fluid.

The Manhattan courtroom where the his trial has been held is currently in use for another high-profile trial involving the New York attorney general's case against the National Rifle Association and Wayne LaPierre, and the judge in that case told jurors the trial would temporarily move to a different courtroom this week to accommodate Trump's civil trial.

Oh great! A campaign rally in the courtroom! IMO

I can't see that ending well for him.
Even if he starts to read something prepared, he won't be able to resist being given a stage to go into full rant mode.

Oh great! A campaign rally in the courtroom! IMO

I think we could probably all write his portion of the closing argument, he is so predictable.

"Best properties ever" .... "worth MUCH more than appraised value" ... "read the disclaimer" ... "SAD" ... "it's the accountants fault, not mine" ... "do you see my red tie, that means power"

imo

I think we could probably all write his portion of the closing argument, he is so predictable.

"Best properties ever" .... "worth MUCH more than appraised value" ... "read the disclaimer" ... "SAD" ... "it's the accountants fault, not mine" ... "do you see my red tie, that means power"

imo
to continue what you started . . .

Racist AG, Judge hates me, clerk hates me, all tRump haters, weaponization of the courts, election interference, presidential immunity, very unfair, a disgrace, a political witch hunt, businesses leaving NY in droves, Crime crime crime, blah blah blah

imo

to continue what you started . . .

Racist AG, Judge hates me, clerk hates me, all tRump haters, weaponization of the courts, election interference, presidential immunity, very unfair, a disgrace, a political witch hunt, businesses leaving NY in droves, Crime crime crime, blah blah blah

Yes and yes. You would think his acolytes would be more than tired of his incessant whining. MOO.

Add in some all CAPS and exclamation marks :D

Your post looks too well written to be DJT, no spelling mistakes and correct grammar and punctuation marks.

snipped by me..

Oh this should be good! LOL! And I agree with all the later posts after this one...

The fact that this is a bench trial seems lost on DJT.
I'm not sure he can even do that-- I think he is just blowing smoke-- talking out of his you know what--They were discussing this on MSNBC ---not just anybody other than an attorney can participate in closing argument and even if he wanted to do it, I believe his attorneys (such as they are) will most likely try to stop him.

Judge Engoron says Donald Trump can't deliver closing statements at his NYC fraud trial tomorrow.

Trump missed the "third extended" deadline to agree to his terms -- which he said were the same terms applying to anyone giving a closing statement.

More emails between Trump's lawyer and Engoron."I won't debate this again. Take it or leave it. Now or never."The emails also show that Trump wanted to delay closing args to Jan. 29 after the death of his mother-in-law.

1704910358446.png

Attachments

• IMG_1352.png
    IMG_1352.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1351.png
    IMG_1351.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Judge Engoron says Donald Trump can't deliver closing statements at his NYC fraud trial tomorrow.

Trump missed the "third extended" deadline to agree to his terms -- which he said were the same terms applying to anyone giving a closing statement.

More emails between Trump's lawyer and Engoron."I won't debate this again. Take it or leave it. Now or never."The emails also show that Trump wanted to delay closing args to Jan. 29 after the death of his mother-in-law.

View attachment 473603
Trump never had any intention of participating in closing arguments: It is a ploy to play out before his cult base to say to them " see- how awful the judge and courts are- they won't let me defend myself" blah blah blah- no judge in the land would let a defendant participate in closing arguments, unless the defendant was representing himself- which is not the case in this case.

Thursday, January 11th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 47)-CLOSING ARGUMENTS! (@ 10am ET) – NY - New York vs. Donald J. Trump (76/now 77), Donald Trump, Jr. (45) & Eric Trump (38/now 39) & the Trump Organization, Inc. (Allen Weisselberg (75/now 76) & Jeffrey McConney) are being sued by Letitia James, the New York Attorney General, who is leading a civil investigation (which cannot result in criminal charges filed on 9/21/22) & has spent years looking at whether the company committed various acts of fraud over several decades. In the civil case, Ms. James has filed a lawsuit against Trump & two of his children accusing them of "astounding" fraud & deception.
New York is seeking $250 million in financial penalties & asked the court to ban Trump, Donald Trump Jr. & Eric Trump from serving as an officer or director in any corporation registered or licensed in New York. James also requested the court ban the former president & his business from acquiring real estate in New York or from applying for loans from any New York financial institution for five years. James's civil case accuses Trump of lying from 2011 to 2021 about asset values at the Trump Organization, as well as his own net worth, in order to obtain better terms from lenders & insurers.
Lawsuit against: Donald John Trump, Donald Trump, Jr, Eric Trump, Allen Weisselberg, Jeffrey McConney, The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, The Trump Organization, Inc., Trump Organization LLC, DJT Holdings LLC, DJT Holinds Managing Memer, Trump Endeavor 12 LLC, 401 North Wabash Venture LLC, Trump Old Post of Fice LLC, 40 Wall Street LLC & Seven Springs LLC.
All charges against Ivanka Trump were dismissed in June, 2023.
Bench Trial began on 10/2/23. Prosecutors rested their case on 11/8/23. Defense began their case on 11/13/23. (could last until 12/22/23 per Judge). Closing arguments on 1/11/24.
The lawsuit’s remaining 6 counts allege similar acts of fraud (that Trump inflated his assets on statements of financial condition that he submitted to banks & insurers for personal gain).
Judge Arthur F. Engoron presiding / NY State Attorney General Leticia James & senior enforcement counsel Kevin Wallace,
Defense attorney Christopher Kise & Jesus Suarez & Alina Habba for Trump, Weisselberg & the rest of the defendants for Trump Org. / Clifford Robert of Robert & Robert LLC for Donald, Jr. & Eric.
New York appellate court temporarily paused gag orders on Thursday, 11/16/23 & NY AG Letitia James & representatives for Judge Arthur Engoron have until Wednesday, 11/22/23 to file a response to the appellate judge's stay of the limited gag order imposed last month on Trump by Engoron, according to the appellate judge's order. Trump's reply is then due on 11/27/23 before the appellate court decides whether to fully lift the gag order. The civil fraud trial is expected to wrap up in mid-December.
Trump’s request for an expedited grant of leave to appeal the gag orders in his civil fraud trial was denied Monday (12/5/23) afternoon. Trump still has an avenue to appeal the decision to a higher court; however, the effort will take longer than his lawyers would like. Trump’s lawyers now face a deadline of Monday, Dec. 11 to file their papers to the First Department.

Case & court info & Summary Judgement from 9/21/22 thru 9/28/23 & Bench Trial Day 1-46 (10/2-12/15/23) reference post #373 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...r-sept-2022-trial-2-oct-2023-2.695170/page-19

Court will adjourn until 1/11/24, when both sides will present closing arguments after submitting written summations. The parties must submit legal briefs summarizing their positions before returning to court for oral arguments. The briefs are due on 1/5/24.
Defense attorney Christopher Kise also promised to submit a written argument for a directed verdict that will ask Judge Engoron, for a fifth time, to end the case for lack of evidence. Engoron has not promised to even read such a filing, but said that he "probably" would. This was denied (see below).
Trump has lost his appeal to throw out the limited gag orders & associated fines in his civil fraud trial. In a decision Thursday, New York's Appellate Division, First Department rejected Trump's request to annul & vacate the limited gag orders imposed by Judge Arthur Engoron that prohibit Trump & attorneys from commenting on the judge's staff. In addition to Thursday morning's appellate decision denying Trump's appeal, a panel of appellate judges issued an additional order Thursday denying his request to elevate his appeal to New York's highest court.
Re Direct Verdict: 12/18/23 Update: Decision & Order Denying Defendant’s Motions for a Directed Verdict. For at least the fifth time, Trump on Monday lost an attempt to dismiss his civil fraud case through a maneuver seeking a directed verdict in his favor. In tossing Trump's latest challenge, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron reminded the former president that "a lie is still a lie."
for more info see post #400 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...r-sept-2022-trial-2-oct-2023-2.695170/page-20
Closing arguments on 1/11/24.

1/4/24 Update: Plaintiff's (State of NY) proposed findings of Fact & Conclusions of Law filed by Letitia James, AG of the State of NY.
The Court should order disgorgement which as of October 27, 2023 totaled $369,948,314, consisting of: (i) $168,040,168 in saved interest on four commercial real estate loans; (ii) $139,408,146 in profit from the sale of OPO; (iii) $60,000,000 in profit from the sale of Ferry Point; and (iv) $2,500,000 in bonuses paid to Weisselberg & McConney.
The People respectfully request that the Court conform the pleadings to the evidence pursuant to CPLR 3025(c), find all defendants liable on counts two through five, and find all entity defendants and individual defendants Weisselberg & McConney liable on counts six and seven, and upon such order and the Court’s prior SJ Decision, enter final judgment granting disgorgement and other equitable relief described above.
link: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/24254336/people_fact-conclusions_1667-filed.pdf

1/10/24 Update: Trump intends to personally deliver part of the defense's closing argument at the conclusion of his civil fraud trial in New York on Thursday, sources familiar with the former president's strategy tell ABC News. The defendants in the case -- Trump, his two eldest sons and two former Trump Organization executives -- are represented by three primary attorneys, Christopher Kise, Clifford Robert and Alina Habba. But sources say Trump himself is determined to deliver a portion of the closing statement. The sources cautioned that plans for the defense's closing argument remain fluid.
1/10/24 Update: Judge Engoron says Trump can't deliver closing statements at his NYC fraud trial tomorrow. Trump missed the "third extended" deadline (at noon 1/10/24) to agree to his terms -- which he said were the same terms applying to anyone giving a closing statement. More emails between Trump's lawyer & Judge Engoron. "I won't debate this again. Take it or leave it. Now or never." The emails also show that Trump wanted to delay closing arguments to Jan. 29 after the death of his mother-in-law. For more info see post #417 page 21.

Police on Long Island responded Thursday morning to a bomb threat at the home of Judge Arthur Engoron, who is presiding over former President Donald Trump’s civil fraud case, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told NBC News.

The threat came hours before closing arguments in the trial were scheduled to begin, with those arguments expected to proceed.

A Nassau County bomb squad was called to Engoron’s home and was investigating Thursday morning; it is unclear whether Engoron was home at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back