NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The judge may have decided to let him speak because it shuts him up in a totally different way.

It makes it so he can't file an appeal that mentions in it that the judge did not allow him to speak to the court...etc ..He got his chance so now he can't complain about it.

Well, he can complain that he was not given enough time but the point is, that he was given time to be heard. Period

2 Cents
Appeal what? no defendant gets to participate in closing arguments- it is just not allowed. Defendants have the opportunity to testify if they take the stand. Please point out any other case where a judge allowed a defendant to participate even for a minute in closing arguments.
This so called tough judge just caved- he should have known better-- Everything Trump says and does these days causes chaos - he rants and raves-- The fact the judge caved in to Trump's demand to speak points out the weakness of our justice system in dealing with Trump- he runs ramshod over our justice system-- No judge has the guts to attempt to stop him- really stop his antics- his threats - all of it-- he makes a mockery of our justice system and proves he is treated as though he is above the law.

Last edited:
Appeal what? no defendant gets to participate in closing arguments- it is just not allowed. Defendants have the opportunity to testify if they take the stand. Please point out any other case where a judge allowed a defendant to participate even for a minute in closing arguments.
This so called tough judge just caved- he should have known better-- Everything Trump says and does these days causes chaos - he rants and raves-- The fact the judge caved in to Trump's demand to speak points out the weakness of our justice system in dealing with Trump- he runs ramshod over our justice system-- No judge has the guts to attempt to stop him- really stop his antics- his threats - all of it-- he makes a mockery of our justice system and proves he is treated as though he is above the law.

email thread - emails between the judge and Trump's attorney

In NY all defendants, not just Trump, can request to make statements at closing.
According to NY State Law the judge makes the decision if a defendant or plaintiff can speak at closing.

And this is a CIVIL TRIAL and civil trials have different parameters than criminal trials.

This tough judge probably would not allow Trump to make closing statements if this were a CRIMINAL TRIAL.

There could be defendants who have given statements at closing in a civil trial - at the judge's discretion - but none of them are in the news, you simply don't hear about most civil trials.

Judge: Trump can't deliver closing argument in New York civil fraud trial

Last edited:
email thread - emails between the judge and Trump's attorney

In NY all defendants, not just Trump, can request to make statements at closing.
According to NY State Law the judge makes the decision if a defendant or plaintiff can speak at closing.

And this is a CIVIL TRIAL and civil trials have different parameters than criminal trials.

This tough judge probably would not allow Trump to make closing statements if this were a CRIMINAL TRIAL.

There could be defendants who have given statements at closing in a civil trial - at the judge's discretion - but none of them are in the news, you simply don't hear about most civil trials.

Judge: Trump can't deliver closing argument in New York civil fraud trial
Oh, thanks- it would be different for a civil trial---- I forgot it was a civil trial- hard to keep up with so many trials involving Trump!

Trump rants that New York civil trial is a 'fraud on me' after judge allows him to speak during closing arguments​

www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/closing-arguments-set-to-begin-in-trump-civil-fraud-case-with-the-former-president-in-court/ar-AA1mO5DX

Engoron told Trump on Thursday after his lawyers had finished their summations that he could speak for up to five minutes but to "focus on the facts" of the case. Trump immediately started talking without agreeing.

"We have a situation where I'm an innocent man," Trump told the judge. "They should pay me for what I've gone through."

"This is not consumer fraud," Trump added. "This is no fraud. It is a fraud on me."

Despite the judge's warning, Trump did wrap in some insults against the judge and New York Attorney General Letitia James. "I know this is boring to you. I know you have your own agenda,” Trump angrily told the judge at one point as he spoke while seated at the defense table. He suggested James "hates" him and "doesn’t want him to get elected," and called the case a "persecution," leading Engoron to warn Kise to "please control your client."

Surely, surely somewhere in the depths of darkest Africa, or South America or where ever, there must be a vacant jungle or desert just waiting for King Donald and his henchmen to move in and create a new country called Trumpland, where Trumpness rules. What a BE-YOO-TIFUL country that would be, the BEST country you ever saw, etc, etc! I am happy to put a few $ towards this cause, if purchase is necessary.

I agree in theory but not in location!

Trump called all the Third World “shiiiithole countries.”

I do believe he wants to be the King of Trumpland, but I think he still intends America to be that place.

Maybe when he’s King Trump he will expand his reach to become Emperor, with countries he likes in Europe, for instance. But I believe he wants to Make America Great Again by him having him be King for life and then his sons inheriting his kingdom. (Or maybe he thinks he won’t ever die)?

JMO

I agree in theory but not in location!

Trump called all the Third World “shiiiithole countries.”

I do believe he wants to be the King of Trumpland, but I think he still intends America to be that place.

Maybe when he’s King Trump he will expand his reach to become Emperor, with countries he likes in Europe, for instance. But I believe he wants to Make America Great Again by him having him be King for life and then his sons inheriting his kingdom. (Or maybe he thinks he won’t ever die)?

JMO
Shoot me now.

No thread for this so posting here, I think people will be interested to see this:

Fri, January 12, 2024 at 5:07 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump was ordered Friday to pay nearly $400,000 in legal fees to The New York Times and three investigative reporters after he sued them unsuccessfully over a Pulitzer Prize-winning 2018 story about his family’s wealth and tax practices.

Last edited:

Trump rants that New York civil trial is a 'fraud on me' after judge allows him to speak during closing arguments​

www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/closing-arguments-set-to-begin-in-trump-civil-fraud-case-with-the-former-president-in-court/ar-AA1mO5DX

Engoron told Trump on Thursday after his lawyers had finished their summations that he could speak for up to five minutes but to "focus on the facts" of the case. Trump immediately started talking without agreeing.

"We have a situation where I'm an innocent man," Trump told the judge. "They should pay me for what I've gone through."

"This is not consumer fraud," Trump added. "This is no fraud. It is a fraud on me."

Despite the judge's warning, Trump did wrap in some insults against the judge and New York Attorney General Letitia James. "I know this is boring to you. I know you have your own agenda,” Trump angrily told the judge at one point as he spoke while seated at the defense table. He suggested James "hates" him and "doesn’t want him to get elected," and called the case a "persecution," leading Engoron to warn Kise to "please control your client."

I still maintain that the judge should not have allowed Trump to speak- who wouldn't know Trump would rant and rave and do exactly what he did. Our legal system has been, and continues to be trampled by Trump--- I have not seen a judge with guts to try and control him and this judge is no exception.

Last edited:
I was looking for another case in New York for Trump - and ALL these came up!!! And the case I am looking for isn't there...

Court Year Filed Index Number Case Status Plaintiff Plaintiff Firm Defendant Defendant Firm Appearance
Date Justice
1 New York Supreme Court 2019 161322/2018 Active KASSAI, PHILIP LIPSIG, SHAPEY, MANUS & MOVERMAN TRUMP MANAGEMENT INC. LESTER, SCHWAB KATZ & DWYER, LLP 03/21/2024 Goetz, Hon. Paul A. M
2 Bronx Supreme Court 2019 30617/2018E
(0030617/2018) Active CASTILLO, STEVEN EMILIO Jodre Brenecki, LLP TRUMP GOLF LINKS FERRY POINT BELLISIMO MASONRY & CONSTRUCTION LLC 06/24/2024 Danziger, Hon. Mitchell J. M
3 Kings Supreme Court 2019 517524/2019 Active-Restored LUCA, VIOLETA David Yeger Law PLLC TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 4, INC. MILLER, LEIBY & ASSOCIATES, P.C. 05/21/2024 Jury Coordinating Part, M
4 Kings Supreme Court 2019 518425/2019 Active UTSLER, LINDA Kuharski Levitz & Gionvinazzo, Esqs. TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 3, INC. Trump Village Section 3, Inc. 02/29/2024 Saitta, Hon. Wayne P. M
5 Kings Supreme Court 2019 519739/2018 Active WALTERS, ERNEST HARMON, LINDER & ROGOWSKY TRUMP VILLAGE APARTMENTS TWO MARGARET G. KLEIN & ASSOCIATES 01/25/2024 Jury Coordinating Part, M
6 Kings Supreme Court 2020 506893/2020 Active KALEY, FRANCINE Hill & Moin LLP TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 4, INC. MILLER, LEIBY & ASSOCIATES, P.C. 02/06/2024 Jury Coordinating Part, M
7 New York Supreme Court 2021 152789/2020 Active MONCADA, JULIO LAW OFFICES OF GEORGE POULOS TRUMP PLAZA OWNERS, INC. Morris Duffy Alonso Faley & Pitcoff 02/08/2024 Goetz, Hon. Paul A.
8 New York Supreme Court 2021 453299/2021 Active Trump, Donald J. HABBA MADAIO & ASSOCIATES LLP Trump, Mary L. et al GIBSON DUNN & CRUTCHER 02/13/2024 Reed, Hon. Robert R. M
9 Kings Supreme Court 2021 524254/2020 Active SOLOVYOVA, ANNA Law Office of Stuart DiMartini TRUMP VILLAGE APARTMENTS ONE OWNER LLC et al MARGARET G. KLEIN AND ASSOCIATES 09/20/2024 -NOI, ADR-IAS M
10 New York Supreme Court 2022 161518/2021 Active SAMPSON, DEBORAH GJONI LAW TRUMP INTERNATIONAL HOTEL & TOWER NEW YORK et al LEWIS BRISBOIS 03/05/2024 Ramseur, Hon. Dakota D. M
11 Kings Supreme Court 2022 500165/2022 Active Ashkinazi, Larisa JEFFREY J. SHAPIRO & ASSOCIATES LLC TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 4, INC. et al MARGARET G KLEIN ASSOCIATES 02/27/2024 Part 22, City
12 Kings Supreme Court 2022 518539/2022 Active PEREZ, LYUBOV TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 3, INC., TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 3, INC. 09/25/2024 Barry, Hon. Rupert V. M
13 Kings Supreme Court 2022 527284/2021 Active Galimova, Galina LOZNER & MASTROPIETRO Trump Village Section 3, Inc. et al GOETZ SCHENKER BLEE & WIEDERHORN, LLP 01/18/2024 Sweeney, Hon. Peter Paul M
14 New York Supreme Court 2023 154783/2023 Active Beiter, Johanna BRAVERMAN GREENSPUN P.C. BOARD OF MANAGERS OF THE TRUMP WORLD TOWER CONDOMINIUM et al GANFER SHORE LEEDS & ZAUDERER LLP 02/21/2024 Waterman-Marshall, Hon. Kathleen C. M
15 Kings Supreme Court 2023 503727/2023 Active MORGAN, ANGELA et al TRUMP VILLAGE APARTMENTS TWO OWNER LLC et al LAW OFFICE OF ERIC D. FELDMAN 11/01/2024 Levine, Hon. Katherine A.
16 Kings Supreme Court 2023 504373/2023 Active SUNRISE HOLDINGS GROUP, LLC TSYNGAUZ & ASSOCIATES, P.C. TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 4, INC. D/B/A TRUMP VILLAGE WEST WOODS LONERGAN PLLC 03/13/2024 Velasquez, Hon. Richard
17 Kings Supreme Court 2023 505633/2023 Active BUMAGIN, EVA SHAKHNEVICH LAW GROUP, P.C. TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 4, INC MARGARET G KLEIN ASSOCIATES 02/09/2024 Levine, Hon. Katherine A.
18 Kings Supreme Court 2023 506104/2023 Active DRUZHINSKY, DENNIS TSYNGAUZ & ASSOCIATES, P.C. TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 4, INC. d/b/a TRUMP VILLAGE WEST WOODS LONERGAN PLLC 02/07/2024 Velasquez, Hon. Richard M
19 Kings Supreme Court 2023 511883/2023 Active KACHKO, ANNA SHAKHNEVICH LAW GROUP, P.C. TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 4 INC. WOODS LONERGAN PLLC 02/14/2024 Rivera, Hon. Francois A.
20 Kings Supreme Court 2023 515686/2023 Active Kats, Emma et al HENRY W DAVOLI JR Trump Village Apartments One Owner LLC et al PERRY, VAN ETTEN, ROZANSKI & KUTNER LLP 01/31/2024 Maslow, Hon. Aaron D.
21 Kings Supreme Court 2023 521923/2023 Active TROTSKY, GALINA BANILOV & ASSOCIATES, PC TRUMP VILLAGE APARTMENTS ONE OWNER LLC PERRY, VAN ETTEN, ROZANSKI & KUTNER LLP 01/23/2024 Sweeney, Hon. Peter Paul
22 Kings Supreme Court 2023 522908/2023 Active Weinberger, Miri LAW OFFICES OF LEE M. NIGEN Trump Village Section 4, Inc. Trump Village Section 4, Inc. 03/27/2024 Levine, Hon. Katherine A. M
23 Kings Supreme Court 2023 525372/2023 Active Turk, Phyllis LAW OFFICES OF MICHAEL GOLDBERG Trump Village Section 4 Inc. dba Trump Village West PERRY, VAN ETTEN, ROZANSKI & KUTNER LLP 01/17/2024 Maslow, Hon. Aaron D.
24 Kings Supreme Court 2023 530174/2022 Active Kruashvili, Nargiza HALPERIN, HALPERIN & WEISKOPF, PLLC TRUMP VILLAGE APARTMENTS ONE OWNER LLC d/b/a SHORECREST TOWERS LAW OFFICE MARGARET G. KLEIN & ASSOCIATES 03/18/2024 Swern, Hon. Anne J.
25 Westchester Supreme Court 2023 64894/2022 Active TOPOL, CLIFFORD et al GAIR, GAIR, CONASON, STEIGMAN, MACKAUF, BLOOM & RUBINOWITZ TRUMP NATIONAL GOLF CLUB LLC, LEWIS BRISBOIS BISGAARD & SMITH 03/14/2024 Thorsen, Hon. Rolf M.
26 New York Supreme Court 2023 654591/2022 Active TRUMP PLAZA, LLC BELKIN BURDEN GOLDMAN LLP 167 EAST 61ST STREET OWNERS CORP. f/k/a TRUMP PLAZA OWNERS, INC. SDK HEIBERGER LLP 02/21/2024 Nock, Hon. Louis L.
27 Queens Supreme Court 2023 711141/2022 Active GUERRERO, BRIAN S. LAW OFFICES OF COSTAS M. ELIADES, P.C. TRUMP VILLAGE SECTION 3, INC. et al 09/06/2024 Compliance Conf Judge,
28 New York Supreme Court 2023 952333/2023 Active DELGADO, ARLENE J. RHEINGOLD, GIUFFRA , RUFFO & PLOTKIN LLP DONALD J. TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT, INC. et al DONALD J. TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT, INC. 01/16/2024
Adjourned Frank, Hon. Lyle E.

link: WebCivil Supreme - Case Search

I still maintain that the judge should not have allowed Trump to speak- who wouldn't know Trump would rant and rave and do exactly what he did. Our legal system has been, and continues to be trampled by Trump--- I have not seen a judge with guts to try and control him and this judge is no exception.
See link above:

The judge has good reasons to have let Trump speak. No, Trump didn't "pull one over" on the judge.

1.) Like I said before, by allowing Trump to speak, Trump cannot use that on appeal, to say he was denied. In NY defendants can speak in closing - it is up to the judge.

2.) Plus, what Trump says can be used against him.

“There may be a reason that James' staff didn't interrupt,” wrote NBC News legal analyst Lisa Rubin. “The AG’s office may have struck gold because some of what Trump said was so damaging to him, especially his explanation of the triplex square footage ‘error.’”
Former New York prosecutor Charles Coleman Jr. agreed that Trump “hurt himself” with the outburst.

"I think that what he was trying to do was force the judge into a position where, by denying him an opportunity to speak, he would have created an issue for appeal for himself,” he told MSNBC on Friday.

"Judge Engoron basically gave him the rope, and he hung himself, predictably," he continued. "What he ended up doing was creating a space where this is one less thing that becomes an appealable issue in the long run for an appeal. That he might be able to go back and say, 'Look, I was treated unfairly and my rights were abridged in some way, shape, form or fashion.'"

Coleman said Engoron took a “calculated risk” by allowing Trump to ramble.

“He understood that there was a risk that this could happen, but, ultimately, it didn't play a factor in the way Donald Trump wanted it to," he said.

Last edited:
Wondering if the Judge has a decision? But has motions hearing...

Court Year Index # Case Status Plaintiff
New York Supreme Court 2022 452564/2022 Active PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, by LETITIA JAMES, Attorney General of the State of New York

Defendant Defendant Firm Appearance Date Justice
Trump, Donald J. et al The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust 01/25/2024 Engoron, Hon. Arthur F.

Appearance
Date Time Purpose Justice Part Remarks
01/25/2024 09:30 AM Motion-Notice of Motion Engoron, Hon. Arthur F.
PAPERLESS JUDGE ROOM 130 SUBMISSIONS NO APPEARANCE NECESSARY

link: WebCivil Supreme - Case Search

Last edited:
The video, released to CBS News on Friday in response to a freedom of information request, shows Trump claiming to have averted a "nuclear holocaust" and "saving millions of lives" as president…

The full seven-hour deposition closely parallels his in-court testimony. Trump said both times that he separated himself from his business and put his assets in a trust, while claiming to have gone further than President George Washington, who "had two desks … one for his business and one for running the country. I could have had that." (In 2019, when Trump first made his claim about Washington's desks, a historian at Mount Vernon said there was no evidence that it was true.)

The video, released to CBS News on Friday in response to a freedom of information request, shows Trump claiming to have averted a "nuclear holocaust" and "saving millions of lives" as president…

The full seven-hour deposition closely parallels his in-court testimony. Trump said both times that he separated himself from his business and put his assets in a trust, while claiming to have gone further than President George Washington, who "had two desks … one for his business and one for running the country. I could have had that." (In 2019, when Trump first made his claim about Washington's desks, a historian at Mount Vernon said there was no evidence that it was true.)

BBM. Wow. His often bizarre and angry comments are why I think Trump is showing signs of cognitive decline even worse than Biden.

George Washington had a distinguished career as a military officer and didn't claim to have bone spurs to avoid serving.

JMO

BBM. Wow. His often bizarre and angry comments are why I think Trump is showing signs of cognitive decline even worse than Biden.

George Washington had a distinguished career as a military officer and didn't claim to have bone spurs to avoid serving.

JMO

He also misrepresents Forbes magazine (and why they first published that his Manhattan apartment wasn't as big as trump claims it is).

In the deposition, he says Forbes magazine is owned by "China". When it is actually now owned by Austin Russell (28-year-old automotive technology tycoon who lives in CA and FL - he has two homes), since 2023.

Prior to that, since 2014, Forbes magazine was owned by Integrated Whale Media Investments - a Hong Kong investment company that is 51% controlled by the Forbes family.
This investment company retain a minor stake in Forbes, but the Forbes family have now stepped back from the magazine's operations since the new (2023) ownership change.

So, I guess that the Forbes family owning the magazine via its Hong Kong investment company has somehow become (in trump's mind) as being owned by "China".

Perhaps we can now consider trump's Scottish golf course to be owned by Scotland?

Forbes magazine’s new majority owner is a 28-year-old billionaire who made his money in self-driving car tech
The $83 million Los Angeles property is owned by Austin Russell
Forbes

imo

He also misrepresents Forbes magazine (and why they first published that his Manhattan apartment wasn't as big as trump claims it is).

In the deposition, he says Forbes magazine is owned by "China". When it is actually now owned by Austin Russell (28-year-old automotive technology tycoon who lives in CA and FL - he has two homes), since 2023.

Prior to that, since 2014, Forbes magazine was owned by Integrated Whale Media Investments - a Hong Kong investment company that is 51% controlled by the Forbes family.
This investment company retain a minor stake in Forbes, but the Forbes family have now stepped back from the magazine's operations since the new (2023) ownership change.

So, I guess that the Forbes family owning the magazine via its Hong Kong investment company has somehow become (in trump's mind) as being owned by "China".

Perhaps we can now consider trump's Scottish golf course to be owned by Scotland?

Forbes magazine’s new majority owner is a 28-year-old billionaire who made his money in self-driving car tech
The $83 million Los Angeles property is owned by Austin Russell
Forbes

imo
BBM. My take on it is that Steve Forbes is still head of the Forbes media empire. A few months ago, Trump was again dumped from Forbes' 400 list, so Trump's yet again engaged in childish, angry falsehoods.

JMO

Thursday, January 25th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 48)-Motions Hearing (@ 9:30am ET) – NY - New York vs. Donald J. Trump (76/now 77), Donald Trump, Jr. (45) & Eric Trump (38/now 39) & the Trump Organization, Inc. (Allen Weisselberg (75/now 76) & Jeffrey McConney) are being sued by Letitia James, the New York Attorney General, who is leading a civil investigation (which cannot result in criminal charges filed on 9/21/22) & has spent years looking at whether the company committed various acts of fraud over several decades. In the civil case, Ms. James has filed a lawsuit against Trump & two of his children accusing them of "astounding" fraud & deception.
New York is seeking $250 million in financial penalties & asked the court to ban Trump, Donald Trump Jr. & Eric Trump from serving as an officer or director in any corporation registered or licensed in New York. James also requested the court ban the former president & his business from acquiring real estate in New York or from applying for loans from any New York financial institution for five years. James's civil case accuses Trump of lying from 2011 to 2021 about asset values at the Trump Organization, as well as his own net worth, in order to obtain better terms from lenders & insurers.
Lawsuit against: Donald John Trump, Donald Trump, Jr, Eric Trump, Allen Weisselberg, Jeffrey McConney, The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, The Trump Organization, Inc., Trump Organization LLC, DJT Holdings LLC, DJT Holinds Managing Memer, Trump Endeavor 12 LLC, 401 North Wabash Venture LLC, Trump Old Post of Fice LLC, 40 Wall Street LLC & Seven Springs LLC.
All charges against Ivanka Trump were dismissed in June, 2023.
Bench Trial began on 10/2/23. Prosecutors rested their case on 11/8/23. Defense began their case on 11/13/23. (could last until 12/22/23 per Judge). Closing arguments on 1/11/24.
The lawsuit’s remaining 6 counts allege similar acts of fraud (that Trump inflated his assets on statements of financial condition that he submitted to banks & insurers for personal gain).
Judge Arthur F. Engoron presiding / NY State Attorney General Leticia James & senior enforcement counsel Kevin Wallace, Defense attorney Christopher Kise & Jesus Suarez & Alina Habba for Trump, Weisselberg & the rest of the defendants for Trump Org. / Clifford Robert of Robert & Robert PLLC for Donald, Jr. & Eric.
New York appellate court temporarily paused gag orders on Thursday, 11/16/23 & NY AG Letitia James & representatives for Judge Arthur Engoron have until Wednesday, 11/22/23 to file a response to the appellate judge's stay of the limited gag order imposed last month on Trump by Engoron, according to the appellate judge's order. Trump's reply is then due on 11/27/23 before the appellate court decides whether to fully lift the gag order. The civil fraud trial is expected to wrap up in mid-December.
Trump’s request for an expedited grant of leave to appeal the gag orders in his civil fraud trial was denied Monday (12/5/23) afternoon. Trump still has an avenue to appeal the decision to a higher court; however, the effort will take longer than his lawyers would like. Trump’s lawyers now face a deadline of Monday, Dec. 11 to file their papers to the First Department.

Case & court info & Summary Judgement from 9/21/22 thru 9/28/23 & Bench Trial Day 1-46 (10/2-12/15/23) & thru 1/10/24 reference post #419 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...r-sept-2022-trial-2-oct-2023-2.695170/page-21

1/11/24 Update: Police on Long Island responded Thursday morning to a bomb threat at the home of Judge Arthur Engoron, who is presiding over Trump’s civil fraud case, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told NBC News. The threat came hours before closing arguments in the trial were scheduled to begin, with those arguments expected to proceed. A Nassau County bomb squad was called to Engoron’s home & was investigating Thursday morning; it is unclear whether Engoron was home at the time.
1/11/24 Thursday, Trial Day 47: Closing arguments done by defense attorneys Christopher Kise, Alina Habba & Clifford Robert (attorney for Eric & Don, Jr.) [allotted 2 ½ hours]. NY AG’s office attorney Kevin Wallace & attorney Andrew Amer. [allotted 2 hours 15 minutes].
Attorney Kise asks for permission to have Trump speak. Engoron, "Do you promise to comment on the facts & the law?" Trump starts talking immediately without agreeing. Trump has started addressing the court in the closing arguments of his civil fraud trial. Saying it was a political witch hunt, blah blah blah. Judge cut him off after 5 minutes.
Judge Engoron concluded the day by estimating that he would issue an opinion in the case by 1/31/24. He then ended the proceedings.
for more info see post #423 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...r-sept-2022-trial-2-oct-2023-2.695170/page-22
Motions hearing on 1/25/24.

hmmm.... not finding anything on this Motions hearing that was on the court scheduled for yesterday... ??

hmmm.... not finding anything on this Motions hearing that was on the court scheduled for yesterday... ??

Not sure if this is what the Motions hearing was about .... the AG has used the lifetime ban of Martin Shkreli from the pharmaceutical industry as an example of how trump should be lifetime banned from real estate dealings in NY, and then the defence pushed back on that claim.

Engoron said he hopes to issue a decision in the case by Jan. 31, though it could come at any time.

Not sure if this is what the Motions hearing was about .... the AG has used the lifetime ban of Martin Shkreli from the pharmaceutical industry as an example of how trump should be lifetime banned from real estate dealings in NY, and then the defence pushed back on that claim.

Engoron said he hopes to issue a decision in the case by Jan. 31, though it could come at any time.

I am guessing you are probably correct. He has so many other cases I thought I made a mistake on this one - but that is what the court site had. :)

Thanks - I shall update my notes on this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back