GUILTY NY - Bernard Madoff charged in $50 billion fraud, 2008 - dies Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Buyer for Bernie Madoff's Montauk mansion from the U.S. Marshals for more than $8.75M asking price
The seaside house where Bernie Madoff relaxed when he wasn't swindling investors has found a buyer - for more than the listed price of $8.75 million.

The 3,000-square-foot, five-bedroom Montauk home sits on a 1.2-acre lot amid the dunes of a windswept beach. It's modest by Hamptons standards but boasts stunning views of the Atlantic and is closer to the surf than zoning laws now allow.

Madoff's notoriety helped spark interest in the place, "but it's really all about the location, the views and the home," said Anne Lacombe of the Corcoran Group, which brokered the sale.

The U.S. Marshals Service put the house on the market Sept. 1 to help repay victims of Madoff's Ponzi scheme. The name of the buyer and the exact price are being kept secret until the deal closes.

The jailed scam artist's waterfront mansion in Palm Beach, Fla., remains on the market for $8.5 million and his Manhattan penthouse is listed for $9.9 million.

OK ... So they will make 27-28 million in Real Estate sales, But they need Billions,
They will not even come close to 5 billion let alone 65B.
And the lawyers are taking so much it is insane to think that the people who lost the most will get a drop in the bucket; There is greed to the end of this road.

http://www.nydailynews.com/real_estate/2009/09/18/2009-09-18_buyer_for_bernies_montauk_mansion.html

Another lawsuit in connection with Madoff; http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/22/madoff.lawsuit/index.html

Among the allegations in the 264-page lawsuit are that during the mid-1970s, Madoff began sending employees to buy drugs for company use.

The complaint alleges that some employees and investors were aware of the drug purchases, and that BMIS [Bernard Madoff Investment Services] was known by insiders as the "North Pole" in reference to the excessive amount of cocaine use in the work place.

Attorneys Joseph Cochett and Nancy Fineman filed the complaint based on an investigation, including a four-hour interview with Madoff in prison in July, that they conducted for former investors. They also allege that major financial institutions, including KPMG, the Bank of New York and JP Morgan Chase, were aware that Madoff was transferring stolen funds to his London office for personal purchases.

Lapses Kept Scheme Alive, Madoff Told Investigators
By DIANA B. HENRIQUES
Published: October 31, 2009

Nobody was more surprised that the Securities and Exchange Commission did not discover Bernard L. Madoff’s enormous Ponzi scheme years ago than Mr. Madoff himself.
<<<SNIP>>>
In the interview, Mr. Madoff said that the young investigators who pestered him over incidentals like e-mail messages should have just checked basics like his account with Wall Street&#8217;s central clearinghouse and his dealings with the firms that were supposedly handling his trades.
<<<SNIP>>>
http://www.nytimes.com/glogin?URI=h...LQ7DfQ3ALfQ5DlVSQ26Q60VVfQ3ALVQ60Q5BQ22)Q3DjY

I find it interesting that Madoff was scared every time and had said:
&#8220;That was the nightmare I lived with,&#8221; he said, and he told Mr. Kotz he had wanted it to end.
&#8220;I wish they caught me six years ago, eight years ago.&#8221;
But yet he proceeded to do it, and took ALL the blame.
Frankly I am not so sure he was not part of a bigger plan to topple our dollar :waitasec:

So far there are THREE stories about Bernie.

One says there was no truth to any hospitalization (obviously false). Another says Madoff was beaten. This article says Madoff fell.

Madoff's injures were facial fractures, broken ribs and a collapsed lung. Sure sounds like an assault rather than this story, which says he fell out of bed.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Madoff/bernie-madoff-moved-hospital/story?id=9375264

The only thing that bothers me about this is BM gets better health coverage inside of prison than millions of people outside who DON'T commit crimes. This is a crime in and of itself.

Now that's my only comment ;)

Mel

The only thing that bothers me about this is BM gets better health coverage inside of prison than millions of people outside who DON'T commit crimes. This is a crime in and of itself.

Now that's my only comment ;)

True, but if it makes you feel any better, the health care is probably not much consolation to him. He's probably really missing his formerly plush surroundings. I know I would be, if I were him. To go from a penthouse to a jail cell...ugh. He deserves to be in jail, but it's gotta hurt.

As far as injuries - he's either got really brittle bones or he was assaulted IMO.

Conflicting stories are to cover up the fact that someone hired someone in the inside to give him a gentle warning not to talk. I mean really... convicts don't care about rich people losing out in a ponzi scheme do they? You take an investment gamble and you lose. so what. if you've got half a brain, you know that nothing legal is going to earn you 25% interest. I wouldn't be surprised if our govt is trying to keep him shut up. OR...
It's all a hoax and nothing happened except Bernie wants back in his penthouse.
Ha. Just ignore me. It's all a fabrication in my mind... sometimes I go off the deep end.

bad people, especially in prison, often fall out of bed and are badly injured; he must have fallen from the 2nd story
That is one tall bunk bed.
Most likely a holiday pillow fight with his peers.
hoho Buzz :blowkiss:

I am not going to have a popular opinion here despite the fact that I cursed him out on his thread, and hoped he goes away for life. But I will not sensor my mind to have a popular opinion. :)

Bernie is a thief, a low life a scoundrel, a con man and the list goes on.Bernie did the most despicable thing to Investment banking, foundations, his own people, his family and that list goes on too.

The people he coned got some checks on a regular basis, and if we could do the math he paid many much of their initial investment in payments; those who invested in the last couple of years lost the most because they did not get much back. Perhapes he thought he'd die before he got caught. lol

That does not mean that he should get beaten within an inch of his life. LWOP is sufficient.
OTHER WISE PLEASE lets go beat the chit out of ALL the banks and all the investment companies too.
IMO the banks the Goldman Sachs of the world are far worse.
I am never going to stand up for Bernie so please don't throw any tomatoes here...
anyone who can harm "Eli Wiesel" is scum of the earth.
But beating the man within an inch of his life is not comforting me while the others are getting bail out money. Unless you want to stone, maim, rearrange the bones of some of the others this is not good news.
MOO

I don't think we know the true story -- too many conflicts.

The affiliate had initially reported that the convicted Ponzi schemer had facial fractures, broken ribs and a collapsed lung consistent with an assault, but is now reporting he experienced heavy facial bleeding from the fall.

If he was sharing a bunk, and was on the top bunk, fell, hit the toilet on the way down, then, yah, I could see some facial bleeding. But if he had facial fractures, broken ribs, and a collapsed lung - that's a beat down, no doubt.

So -- I really wonder what the truth is?

Mel

Others are now reporting that he had dizziness, and High blood pressure, no mention of the injuries. They are really downplaying this. '

"BUTNER, N.C. (AP) &#8213; The federal Bureau of Prisons says dizziness and hypertension were responsible for the hospitalization of Bernard Madoff.

Spokeswoman Traci Billingsley says Madoff is being treated at a hospital at the Butner federal prison in North Carolina. The 71-year-old disgraced financier was moved there Friday."

http://cbs3.com/topstories/bernard.madoff.federal.2.1390281.html

Others are now reporting that he had dizziness, and High blood pressure, no mention of the injuries. They are really downplaying this. '

"BUTNER, N.C. (AP) &#8213; The federal Bureau of Prisons says dizziness and hypertension were responsible for the hospitalization of Bernard Madoff.

Spokeswoman Traci Billingsley says Madoff is being treated at a hospital at the Butner federal prison in North Carolina. The 71-year-old disgraced financier was moved there Friday."

http://cbs3.com/topstories/bernard.madoff.federal.2.1390281.html

I agree that this is being downplayed. What REALLY happened?

I know he ripped alot of folks off...but do I want to see him beat? No.
That, IMO should be left for child predators.

That is one tall bunk bed.
Most likely a holiday pillow fight with his peers.
hoho Buzz :blowkiss:
Hi Jbean.
Long ago I read that Madoff did have a room mate but Madoff had the lower bunk because of his age.
it may even be in the other Madoff thread, but I don't feel like looking.
Believe me he did not fall from a bunk bed.
What is strange about this story is that not long ago he was their "POPS" they liked him like "honor amongst thieves".
So What Really Happened??? What changed?
Could he be sick?
<<SNIP>> from the atteached link.
The spokeswoman, Traci Billingsley, told NewsCore the report was not true and noted that Mr Madoff was transferred to a prison medical facility due to "dizzy spells and high blood pressure".
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...aulted-in-prison/story-e6frf7k6-1225813587314

So far there are THREE stories about Bernie.

One says there was no truth to any hospitalization (obviously false). Another says Madoff was beaten. This article says Madoff fell.

Madoff's injures were facial fractures, broken ribs and a collapsed lung. Sure sounds like an assault rather than this story, which says he fell out of bed.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Madoff/bernie-madoff-moved-hospital/story?id=9375264
The end of this article says that there is no truth to this story at all.
I would not be surprised if the media needed to emblish something to sell a paper???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHPortland
Back