NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrey Epstein claims he had passport issued in 1980s with fake name because he feared hijackings

Article on the passport and diamonds:

“The government, meanwhile, revealed new details about the contents of the safe. In addition to the total amount of cash, authorities counted 48 diamond stones between 1 and 2.38 carats.”

Why would someone keep 48 random loose diamonds? Just curious. I know there’s got to be obvious answer but just seems kinda random to me. Lol .. thoughts?
Diamonds can be used as payment without a trace of source?

jmo

Appeared to me the Defense Attorney's were scraping the barrel trying to create reasons for the new and improved , errr, controlled and disciplined Jefferey, to get bail by referencing him to Madoff and Skilling. I don't recall Madoff and Skilling involved in anything close to child sex trafficking of underage girls. Quite the stretch. Then finding his personal treasure trove of child *advertiser censored*, cash, diamonds and that nifty passport-can't for the life of me see how Judge Berman will allow this guy bail.

Sure, Jan.

Jeffrey Epstein claims he had passport issued in 1980s with fake name because he feared hijackings

Article on the passport and diamonds:

“The government, meanwhile, revealed new details about the contents of the safe. In addition to the total amount of cash, authorities counted 48 diamond stones between 1 and 2.38 carats.”

Why would someone keep 48 random loose diamonds? Just curious. I know there’s got to be obvious answer but just seems kinda random to me. Lol .. thoughts?

Diamonds are a favorite currency of money launderers.

Appeared to me the Defense Attorney's were scraping the barrel trying to create reasons for the new and improved , errr, controlled and disciplined Jefferey, to get bail by referencing him to Madoff and Skilling. I don't recall Madoff and Skilling involved in anything close to child sex trafficking of underage girls. Quite the stretch. Then finding his personal treasure trove of child *advertiser censored*, cash, diamonds and that nifty passport-can't for the life of me see how Judge Berman will allow this guy bail.
If wonder if he will claim that he's reformed because the massages-turned-sex-encounters that he arranged WHILE SERVING TIME were with grown women ages 18-20 instead of children.

I can't see how the judge will give him bail, but I am not completely confident until the actual ruling tomorrow.

jmo

https://nypost.com/2019/07/16/charity-in-hot-spot-over-epstein-connection/

“Black didn’t respond to requests for comment about how the error escaped him and his wife for so many years. The AG’s office declined to comment.

Experts say the foundation’s acknowledgment of multiyear tax form errors is abnormal and could draw the attention of the NY AG because they suggest something bigger might be amiss.”

Ok so apparently Leon Black’s story ain’t adding up either, LOL. Hmmm

A thought just popped into my head. JE got work-release for his jail sentence. Why didn't anyone ask, "What work do you actually do? What exactly is your business?"

jmo

He was running his Florida Science Foundation out of that office, doing important charity running biz. His community service was at his own non-profit.

Woman who accused Columbia U. gynecologist of abuse sees familiar pattern in DA Vance’s handling of Epstein case

“A woman who says she was abused by a perverted Columbia University gynecologist is refuting Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance’s claim that a prosecutor made a mistake by requesting a lower sex offender status for Jeffrey Epstein.”

“... Vance’s office has tried to explain the highly unusual request by saying that Gaffney made a mistake analyzing relevant legal standards.“

“...But in 2016 Gaffney — who remained deputy chief of the sex crimes unit — was part of a team of prosecutors that consented to a Level 1 sex offender status for Hadden. Around 20 victims had accused Hadden of vile abuse during examinations.

What happened to us is proof that they not only knew what they were doing but that they approved that behavior,” Hoechstetter told the Daily News.

“It’s not a mistake. It’s an MO.”

It just keeps widening and getting bigger!

It's not clear what the payments were for.

I'm leaning toward thinking it has to do with his community service requirement. Maybe he paid money out of his non-profit (sure, Jan, a non-profit) instead of actually doing any community service. But that's just a hunch.

jmo
I don't know the rules for non-profits and this doesn't sound like an appropriate use of funds, but JE was paying for PBSO guards.
When he entered jail in July 2008, Epstein was arguably the most well-known inmate there. Records also show that Epstein hired Palm Beach sheriff’s deputies for his security details, paying them for the hours they spent monitoring him on work release at his West Palm Beach office, where he often stayed until 10 p.m., jail logs show.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article219494920.html

Last edited:
@jkbjournalist

A Palm beach Sheriff’s deputy told me for my series that their work release detail involved standing outside his “office” and signing visitors — including women — in and out. They never checked what he was doing in that office and the logs mysteriously disappeared.
This is especially suspect because this log was kept locked in a safe during his work release. I doubt they kept the bland jail logs locked in a safe.
While Palm Beach kept his jail logs well past records law limitations, this log book (containing the names of women who was visiting him in his office) is “no longer available” the Palm Beach Sheriff’s office told me.
He paid these deputies a lot of money, and they would not talk to me. It’s time they come clean for the good of other hardworking people in law enforcement who don’t look the other way when convicted sex offenders commit crimes.

Woman who accused Columbia U. gynecologist of abuse sees familiar pattern in DA Vance’s handling of Epstein case

“A woman who says she was abused by a perverted Columbia University gynecologist is refuting Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance’s claim that a prosecutor made a mistake by requesting a lower sex offender status for Jeffrey Epstein.”

“... Vance’s office has tried to explain the highly unusual request by saying that Gaffney made a mistake analyzing relevant legal standards.“

“...But in 2016 Gaffney — who remained deputy chief of the sex crimes unit — was part of a team of prosecutors that consented to a Level 1 sex offender status for Hadden. Around 20 victims had accused Hadden of vile abuse during examinations.

What happened to us is proof that they not only knew what they were doing but that they approved that behavior,” Hoechstetter told the Daily News.

“It’s not a mistake. It’s an MO.”

It just keeps widening and getting bigger!
No, no, no, no, no. I'm not easily buying that it was a clerical error by a tax accountant. I know a few tax accountants quite intimately, and if anyone pays attention to details in their work, it's a tax accountant. Well, honest ones, anyway. jmo

They were all skating by, it seems, with connections to JE happening right before everyone's eyes, yet the connections hidden and mysterious at the same time.

Not a good idea to mess with the IRS, at any rate.

jmopinion

Some new details in this recent Miami Herald article on JE’s time at Dalton. Worth a read. FYI clear browser if you hit paywall.

‘Poor, smart and desperate to be rich’: How Epstein went from teaching to Wall Street' by Linda Roberston and Aaron Brezel

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article232678997.html

Interesting tidbits and quotes from former students that I hadn't seen in the other articles. If this was already posted- my apologies!

note: edited to include title of article /authors and more context

Last edited:
Random thought...

Leon Black is with MoMA (Museum of Modern Art). Just wondering if his interest in art is because the high-end art market seems like a way to launder money. The commodities have a market value that is determined by whatever amount someone will pay for it. I'm not a financial wizard, but that kind of transaction seems like a place to hide flows of money, imo.

I'm willing to bet MoMA dumps this guy soon. The connection to JE has big potential to wreck the museum's reputation. The museum is currently undergoing a huge renovation project, less than 20 years after another huge renovation project. People might start questioning the finances of that as well, among other things such as the wisdom of having Black on board. My opinion only.

Thinking aloud. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member