Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Angela Mae Meeker resembles Cali a lot! But I guess that has been ruled out since they both have DNA available, right? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1351dfwa.html

About Cali's upturned nose, I wonder if she was found face down and that pushed her nose up. Her nose maybe didn't look that way when she was alive.

I also wish there was a list of those ruled out.

her nose looks upturned because the artist was doing a composite using her morgue photo in which she was lying down and at an angle that the nose would look upturned.

I think Angela Mae Meeker resembles Cali a lot! But I guess that has been ruled out since they both have DNA available, right? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1351dfwa.html

About Cali's upturned nose, I wonder if she was found face down and that pushed her nose up. Her nose maybe didn't look that way when she was alive.

I also wish there was a list of those ruled out.

I believe she has - she is on the CA DOJ, and everyone there of the same age has been ruled out.

I am interested in quite a few cases, but the one that captures my attention the most, is the cali NY girl. Where did she come from? How did she come to be where she was found? Where was she going? Why did she die? Who did it? Questions that have been asked for 30 years.

Ive read the sheet on her at doenetwork. The beach is a good place to start when considering her frosted hair. I was raised near daytona beach and recall might near everyone having frosted hair, although, it was 84' or 85'. The only thing male about her manner of dress is the jacket. Everything else was popular. Cords were popular and so were flannel shirts. I recall in 1980, shoes similiar to, what the cali girl was found to be wearing but I do not recall the make. First thought would be Pumas or Kangaroos. Judging from the photo, it appears that the shoes, have what looks like two stripes at a diagonal on at least one side of the shoe. I believe it may be on both sides. If they are stripes, than I would have to say they are wingtip oxford pumas. Dont know for certain puma made wingtip oxfords, but do know for certain that puma had stripes on the side of their shoes to at least 83'. Dont know after that.

She was seen the night before at a diner in Lima. Were they taking about the night before she was killed or the night before she was found? I would venture to say the night before she was found. But, if she was seen the night before she was killed, then where was she for 24 hours? If the trucker was correct in that she stated she was heading to Boston, then where she was found was in the wrong direction to where she was going. An indication the killer was heading in that direction.

Ive looked all over the internet for girls missing during that year and before, looking for a match in California, New Mexico, Arizona and Florida. Ive also looked beyond to other states and found nothing. A few similars, but nothing I would just say this is the one. Even looked for her in Canada as was stated another possibility. I just cant help but wonder why no one would report her as missing.

I had been searching for white females between 1978 and 1980 who were 4'6 to 5'5 in height and weight with brown hair and brown eyes. Then today, I did something slightly different. Thinking she may have been abducted at an early age, I did a search from the years 1959 to 1990, adjusting for birth and allowing for the possibility that she wasnt reported for 10 years. And I limited my search to just brown eyed females, allowing for the possibility that she may have been another race other than just white.

I then came across the photo of a girl by the name of Rosana Ferrari Pandim. This girl was roughly 11 years old when she was abducted in November 1973. In 1979, it would make her roughly 17 years of age and within the 13 to 19 year age range of Cali. She has brown hair and brown eyes like the Cali girl, but there is no height and weight information to judge by. Rosana was reported missing from Brazil. Although it would be too long ago to say she had been tanning in Brazil, the location and the length of time she had been missing may be the factor to explain her poor teeth and inadequate dental care.

Ive searched webslueths and the internet for Rosanas name but found nothing on her here. I did find two sites on the internet....one that showed a picture of her at a young age and the other showing what she may look like at I believe 34. Personally, I see a match....her eyes, her nose, mouth, shape of face and location of dental. After long thought, I think I am going to report this to the authorities but may sleep on it just a bit.

Thoughts?

I always thought she looked like she could be ukranian or czech.

I check in on this case often too. I don't see a resemblence between Calidonia and the Rosana pictured above, unfortunately. I would, however, like to see the age progression if you have it.

Thank you for that link. I personally do not see a resemblance, but I do think our Jane Doe could have been from Brazil.

I haven't read all the parts of this thread, so forgive me if this has already been explored. Perhaps the girl is Karen Lynn Zendrosky missing 10/23/1979 from Bordentown, NJ. She was seen at a site known for its parties with two men in their 20's. She had long brown hair, green eyes and may have been in overalls, according to the reports. Is there a resemblence?

There have been a number of postings on this thread suggesting a match for this UID to Karen Zendrosky - has she been ruled out ? I think this is the closest physical match I've seen so far. How she might have ended up 350 miles from her home town is beyond me but if this has not been submitted - I think it should be.

I know this is not the greatest quality picture, but I think that this woman looks very similar to Cali. And the physical description is pretty close...

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/427dftx.html

Personally, I don't think that Teresa Marie Byers resembles Cali.

Plus, Teresa was 19 when she disappeared. Cali's age range is 13 - 19, so that would match, but I think that Cali was younger than 19, perhaps 15.

I must be nuts, but I would've sworn I'd seen info that said Cali was related to another disappearance. I want to say a girl in Massachusetts or one of the north eastern states. Did anyone else see this or remember anything like that?

This is the first time I'd seen the morgue photo, vastly different from the composite sketch IMO. Composite sketch looks more like age 11 or 12 to me.

I must be nuts, but I would've sworn I'd seen info that said Cali was related to another disappearance. I want to say a girl in Massachusetts or one of the north eastern states. Did anyone else see this or remember anything like that?

Do you mean Simone Stephanie Ridinger? She disappeared from Massachusetts in 1977: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1255dfma.html

I don't know who I mean, LOL, I just thought I remembered Calidonia Jane Doe being associated with another murder victim, and in the recent past. Don't hold me to Massachusetts, either. I just don't remember.

Edited to add: I seem to remember this girl having disappeared with another girl or at least that's what was thought or I thought I read.

http://www.co.livingston.state.ny.us/Sheriff/cr138159.htm

My first time posting here, i came across this young lady as i was browsing some sties..........i have a feeling someone here, will be able to identify her, that is why i posted this.

did check first, found no listing, if here, then just delete the posting.

Basic Information
Race:
White​
Sex:
Female
janedoe3.jpg
janedoe4.jpg
Height:
5' 3"​
Weight:
About 120 lbs.​
Eyes:
Brown​
Hair:
Shoulder-length, wavy, brown, with blonde frosted streaks in the front.​

Additional Information
Remains Found: Date: November 1979
Location: Just off State Rte. 20 Town of Caledonia, NY (about 23 miles southwest of Rochester, NY and 10 miles south of the New York State Thruway, I-90) in Livingston County Victim's Apparel: Tan corduroy jeans, multi-colored plaid cotton/polyester shirt, blue knee socks, brown rippled-sole shoes, red nylon-lined man's windbreaker with black stripes down the arms and a collar label reading Auto Sports Products, Inc. Miscellaneous Information: Victim�s hair was frosted about 4 months prior to the discovery of her body.
Her body was tanned with bikini markings.
Dental information is available.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member