NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Chain of command

Commissioner Anthony Annucci and Deputy Commissioner Joseph D'Amico are the two top boss men over all the prisons in NYS. They were appointed by Gov Cuomo.

Each prison has a superintendent and a deputy superintendent and/or an 'acting' deputy superintendent.

Different regions of prisons are called 'hubs'. Each 'hub' has it's own supervising superintendent (who supervises every prison in that hub), appointed by Commissioner Annucci.

Each hub superintendent is supervised by Commissioner Anucci and Deputy Commissioner Joseph D'Amico, who in turn report to Gov Cuomo.

Thank you for this information...

Very interesting....

:waitasec:

I'm just catching up on the 13 or so pages in the last 11 or so hours. Is this food wrapper thing common knowledge? I don't remember reading that they were consistent with commissary wrappers.

The food wrapper story came out way back not long after the search started...........I think in about the first week of the search.

"By talking to people in Texas law enforcement, my guys learned that Rick Matt was burned with cigarettes. We learned that Matt had alleged that, at one point, the Mexican guards held him down on a table while someone tattooed ‘Mexico Forever’ in big letters on his back,” DiBernardo said. “It was our understanding that they don’t like Americans down there in the prison where he was held. From everything we heard, we do believe he was abused down there.”

Matt did have a “Mexico Forever” tattoo on his back, and also numerous scars on his body, State Police said."
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...as-beaten-tortured-in-mexican-prison-20150626

Another snip from above cited article. Looks like the 'Mexico Forever' tattoo was definitely not Matt's idea.

according to the psychopath Matt - who knows how much of his truth is reality
I do believe that they don't like American criminals down there however

I have wondered all along how he thought he would be able to blend in anywhere he ran off to with those distinctive teeth.

has anyone seen a photo of his teeth?

So if Sweat admitted she was in on the murder of her husband she will get conspiracy to commit murder which is another 10 years. Tilly could be put away for life if these charges go through.
Sweat absolutely knows he can talk to the FBI, he has probably thought about this long and hard while on the lam. He is in an advantageous position now with the Feds wanting to know how an escaped convict thinks. Extra food rations, more movies....whatever it is they will offer him in exchange for info.

The CO's and the police do not want to be embarrassed like this again. In retrospect this was a terribly planned escape. They blew a five hour lead, depended on an anxiety ridden old lady, left themselves in the wilderness with no skills, and had no real end game that made sense.
This escape could have been disastrous if they would have hopped a train or stolen a car. It does not sound like 2 years of training to me, more like 2 months. It will become the stuff of legends though as no one had broken out. Sweat will start scheming tomorrow, that is all he has to live for.

ITA except for the part where you referred to 50 as old

that just offended me :tantrum::laughing:

Sweat says he didn't use any power tools at all:

Authorities said the pair used the tools to cut through steel walls in the maximum-security prison and then cut through a steam pipe to shimmy to freedom.

But Sweat tells a different story. He says he did not use power tools - only a hacksaw blade...

http://www.wkbw.com/news/sweat-tells-da-he-started-making-escape-in-january

Sweat also claims he didn't pick any lock on contractor's toolbox that was left in the catwalk.

I am so glad that one of them survived and is spilling the beans! What a lot of detailed answers, though some of it seems a bit suspect. But this discrepancy ranks as one of the oddest. I would think prison officials would have downplayed what was used to escape.

If Sweat is telling the truth, why would officials say power tools were used, when Sweat's version really only implicates Tillie?

Per CNN Palmer would bring in photos of his camping trips. Casual convo. Clothing Sweat and Matt wore were taken from Cabins which made it difficult for the dogs. They were getting scent from the stolen clothing.

Well, that makes a whole lot more sense than 2 escapees tossing pepper behind them as they fled through the forest.

JMO Sweat has no reason to implicate Palmer in the escape, because Palmer didn't betray them. Maybe he didn't know about the escape, but everything I see points to him knowing. Palmer was a "good guy" in their eyes. JMO

Bradd Jaffy ‏@BraddJaffy 10m

Sweat told investigators he was the primary person to construct the escape plot, DA tells @MiguelNBC #PrisonBreakNY

This includes one instance in which Matt was surprised and fell backwards, making a noise, but they were not noticed
Bradd Jaffy added,

Sweat/Matt had several close calls w/ police during manhunt; at one point, believed they were surrounded, DA tells @MiguelNBC #PrisonBreakNY

All: https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy
NBC News; NBC Nightly News

ITA except for the part where you referred to 50 as old

that just offended me :tantrum::laughing:
I completely agree. A 51-year-old woman is NOT an old woman. It's middle aged. I'm 54. Just because she was a grandmother only means she was a young mother. My daughter just graduated from middle school!!!

Jumping off your post, how did Lyle Mitchell ever obtain a driver's license if he couldn't read or write???

or get a job in a prison..............did someone 'read' him the rules and SOP??? his is 2015, no one enrolled him in classes to learn??? amazing.........

RSBM Low level workers who weren't adequately trained nor supervised... which means management was deficient.

IMO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

which means execs at the top were - it goes all the way up the ladder IMO

Bradd Jaffy ‏@BraddJaffy 8m8 minutes ago

David Sweat says they pulled off the escape without any power tools; they used only hacksaw blades, DA tells @MiguelNBC #PrisonBreakNY

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy

Wondering how he split from Matt? Did they agree to it or did he catch Matt asleep and take off?

Jumping off your post, how did Lyle Mitchell ever obtain a driver's license if he couldn't read or write???

IIRC, you aren't required to take the written part of the drivers test after the age of eighteen. Only the driving and maneuverability are required.

David Sweat Claims He Was Almost Caught Twice During 3-Week Manhunt

In the first close-call, Sweat told investigators both he and Matt were hiding near a cabin when three people came to check on it, Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie told ABC News today.

<snip>

The second instance happened within the past week, after Sweat and Matt separated, Sweat allegedly told investigators.

Sweat claimed he was hiding in a hunting tree stand when an officer walked past him, Wylie said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/david-sweat-claims-caught-week-manhunt/story?id=32134795

Is there a different thread discussing all the problems at Clinton correctional facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67