NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How lucky for them they were able to find fatigues that fit them perfectly! :rolleyes:

Anyone else besides me find it suspicious that the camouflage clothing was not reported missing from any cabin like the shotgun from the first and the boots from the last were?

I'm just catching up so don't know if anyone else has said this yet, but my thought on this was that many people will go to their cabins for the first time for the 4th this weekend and someone(s) will call LE to report their place(s) broken into, and clothing missing. I'm kinda 65/35 split on which one I think I believe right now though..

David Sweat Claims He Was Almost Caught Twice During 3-Week Manhunt

In the first close-call, Sweat told investigators both he and Matt were hiding near a cabin when three people came to check on it, Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie told ABC News today.

<snip>

The second instance happened within the past week, after Sweat and Matt separated, Sweat allegedly told investigators.

Sweat claimed he was hiding in a hunting tree stand when an officer walked past him, Wylie said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/david-sweat-claims-caught-week-manhunt/story?id=32134795

Ha who was it who posted earlier in the thread that he could be up in a tree watching LE look for him.

Come out come out whomever you were. ;)

Two things come to mind. First, I bet Tillie has had another anxiety attack upon hearing Sweat was captured and is alive. She does not know what he will tell LE that may implicate her further. Her life is literally in his hands as to what he says. I don't think we will learn the exact details at this early stage of him talking.

Second, I do not think Sweat will tell the truth on how all their preparations were done. It is not to his advantage to implicate other prison employees or outside contractors.

My opinions only.

David Sweat Claims He Was Almost Caught Twice During 3-Week Manhunt

In the first close-call, Sweat told investigators both he and Matt were hiding near a cabin when three people came to check on it, Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie told ABC News today.

<snip>

The second instance happened within the past week, after Sweat and Matt separated, Sweat allegedly told investigators.

Sweat claimed he was hiding in a hunting tree stand when an officer walked past him, Wylie said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/david-sweat-claims-caught-week-manhunt/story?id=32134795

Wow! A couple of us had speculated that they should consider looking UP awhile back and even mentioned tree stands. That's crazy, imagine if it was MATT up there in a tree stand with his shotgun? That could've been terrible. JMO

Ha who was it who posted earlier in the thread that he could be up in a tree watching LE look for him.

Come out come out whomever you were. ;)

I specifically said up in a tree stand but I thought someone else also said the authorities should "look up".

Blown away that I was right about a few things in this case! Doesn't happen often LOL

ETA:

GGE said:
His name is Richard Matt. What else would you call him?

ETA it's easy to forget that though. Sorry I"m half asleep. I better turn in so Sweat can immediately be found sitting in some tree stand...

Two of the Paintings allegedly given to Palmer by Matt via @NBC:

CIx2oFIUMAAIGaq.jpg

ETA: Top one looks like Sweat's work to me JMO.

...Sweat added that Matt "rarely" ventured down there, Wylie said.

But on June 5, the men both went through the tunnels and ended up at a manhole near the prison facility in the town of Dannemora, that was close to homes, Sweat said. They popped their heads up, but decided it would not be the right hole to escape from.

Instead, they decided, when it came time to bust out of Clinton, they would escape from a different manhole that appeared slightly more secluded, Sweat added.

The convicted killer told investigators that prison worker Joyce Mitchell was supposed to pick up them up the night of the actual escape, and they were going to head for West Virginia, and then, eventually, Mexico.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ne...ractice-run-night-escaping-prosecutor-n384701

Palmer put the "paintings" in manilla envelopes labelled NAACP ^^^

Quite the underpaid, naive, duped & stressed out CO.

Sorry, cut him lose Union asap

envelope...........NAACP????

Palmer wasn't supposed to accept stuff from prisoners but he could surely carry in and out "thick envelopes of paperwork to mail".. Just my own thoughts.

Palmer wasn't supposed to accept stuff from prisoners but he could surely carry in and out "thick envelopes of paperwork to mail".. Just my own thoughts.

Point being NAACP. Palmer could not come with any other organization to address the "mail" to>enough said, imo

Fox News Video: Sweat told investigators that he found a sledge hammer and used it to break though the brick wall for their escape.

[video=twitter;615996358948839424]https://twitter.com/michaelnewsdeck/status/615996358948839424[/video]

I am just amazed at how "shocked" everyone is at the curruption in prisons. Corrections folks, are babysitters, this is not a educated trained group of people - they line the dudes up , for a living, 8 hours a day, and walk em to the dining room, showers, or outside. The expectation that these are "trained people" is astounding to me.

Yes, there was all kinds of crap that went on when I worked in a prison, the reality is most of the guys were far brighter than the correction folks!

Where does this notion , that we are dealing with this highly trained group of folks - they line them up, for eight hours a day, and walk them from point A to b --- its Macdonalds/ Wal Mart folks---- that were smart enough the realize that they could make 1.39 more an hour, walking inmates around a building

I found mine, much sicker than my guys ! Sorry

Isn't it SOP to remove the top officials during any investigation in both government & the private sector?
..... I am still rattled to learn that murderers were wearing street clothes, cooking in their cells & living in an "Honor Block." IMO if you have committed such a serious crime that society had to separate you from the rest of us, you by golly, deserve real prison. No extras because your family sends money for snacks & personal tvs. And by the way, killing & dismembering your boss IS a heinous crime.

As a very young child, I remember seeing chain-gang convicts clearing the roadside with scythes. And the guards were nearby with their rifles pointed at them. Sweating in the hot Georgia sun or freezing in the cold wind, was a bit more incentive to stay on the right side of the law than hot wings & movie night on the old cell block. GMAB!

I would like to see convicts working, if it's just digging holes & covering them back up. Real physical labor, not sewing class/bumping uglies in climate controlled buildings. I'll have to look into it now & I WILL be contacting elected officials to advocate for harsher penalties, but in my state, car tags used to be produced by inmates. And I think they did make prison uniforms, work in the kitchen, laundry or somewhere. Every able-bodied person had a job. Hopefully they were supervised closely enough to not allow that extra-curricular activity.

If the bleeding hearts want to give them an incentive plan, let them come in off the chain gang a couple hours early on Friday & maybe even allow them to see a tv show. I suggest Telletubbies.

I don't mind my tax dollars used for someone to learn vocational skills while incarcerated for minor offenses. That's very different.

I needed to unload. I'll step down off my bandbox now.

This bears repeating. Thank YOU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Sweat allowed to do an interview with a media? I would definitely watch it. He sure is talking.

Wonder what Palmer did with the info he got about other prisoners? Apparently he didn't report them, whatever it was. JMO

Wonder what Palmer did with the info he got about other prisoners? Apparently he didn't report them, whatever it was. JMO

The only other thing I can think of is use it for blackmail/extortion purposes. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67