NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is he took them from one of the cabins he used for shelter.

I doubt Sweat gets sent back to Clinton.

Oh boy, well I just checked the headcount and Sweat is listed on the Clinton headcount.

The way it works is if an inmate is in the hospital, family court, ect., they are on the headcount of the holding facility.

Matt is on there listed as escaped. Of course that listing for Matt be removed on Monday or shortly after.

As of right now;

Offender Name: RICHARD MATT
Offender ID:
05081273N
Date of Birth:
06/25/1966
Race:
White

Custody Status:
Out of Custody
Date:
06/06/2015
Reason:
Escape

Scheduled Release Date:
01/22/2032

Alternate ID's

Offender Name: DAVID P SWEAT
Offender ID:
08381978J
Date of Birth:
06/14/1980
Race:
White

Custody Status:
In Custody
Location of Offender:
Clinton Correctional Facility

Scheduled Release Date:

Alternate ID's

Wonder where he got his clothes from?

those clothes are the single biggest clue that either

1. someone smuggled more than tools in hamburger to them or
2. someone was helping them on the outside

the description of Matt is that he was also well-dressed for the elements so yeah, what are the odds that they would find clothing that fit each of them and also boots?

maybe he's listed there since he is technically still their prisoner even though he's in the hospital
and a transfer is in the works?

It was stated in the media by AP News, Saracuse.com news and a few others 2 days ago on June 26, 2015 at 6:59 PM that the Border Patrol Officer is from Vermont.

Even the time included.... that is probably the most thorough media citation I have ever seen on WS. :)

Yep. I thought I heard VT LE earlier on, but there was mention here of the responsible LEO being from Texas and later media reports just say border patrol. It was easy to verify with my SIL so I did. The who of it doesn't make a hill of beans difference in the big or little picture, but I'm still proud he is a Vermonter.

Not really. They got M&S. Period. As far as it being a good job. I don't think it was. And it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these crack LE people are not real proud of the job they did, especially when you add up the cost, etc. <modsnip>

I think they're very proud, actually, and relieved, that not a single civilian or LEO was killed. The fact so many gathered near the hospital and in the town, and the photos of them standing together in groups near the side of the road, smiling and waving communicates pretty well how many of them feel.

As for the whole area- the people interviewed sound like they have been liberated, literally. Opening windows for the first time in weeks, leaving their doors unlocked again, allowing their kids to go play in the backyard after weeks confined.

And as for it taking weeks. Who knows what the two had access to, including means of monitoring LE. Toss in dense woods, empty cabins, and possibly, help from others in staying concealed. Repeating for the many-eth time, LE wasn't responsible for those 2 being loose. They cleaned up Clinton's mess without fatalities, and bravo to them.

maybe he's listed there since he is technically still their prisoner even though he's in the hospital
and a transfer is in the works?

Most likely he will be housed in segregation in another New York State facility enen though he is technically on the Clinton headcount.

those clothes are the single biggest clue that either

1. someone smuggled more than tools in hamburger to them or
2. someone was helping them on the outside

the description of Matt is that he was also well-dressed for the elements so yeah, what are the odds that they would find clothing that fit each of them and also boots?

It does not appear that they had coats.Matt was wearing short sleeves and did not appear to be carrying anything other than the weapon and the thing in his right hand. If that is Sweat beside Matt, than it also does not appear that he has on a coat. So it may be that the coat Sweat had on when he was apprehend was picked up after the June 24th cam photo.

It does not appear that they had coats.Matt was wearing short sleeves and did not appear to be carrying anything other than the weapon and the thing in his right hand. If that is Sweat beside Matt, than it also does not appear that he has on a coat. So it may be that the coat Sweat had on when he was apprehend was picked up after the June 24th cam photo.

That photo from the trail camera has been proven to be false. It was not of Matt or Sweat.

So we have absolutely no idea what Matt was wearing. We know what Sweat was wearing today. No idea how long he has had those clothes. Impossible to know at this point.

That photo from the trail camera has been proven to be false. It was not of Matt or Sweat.

So we have absolutely no idea what Matt was wearing. We know what Sweat was wearing today. No idea how long he has had those clothes. Impossible to know at this point.
Thank you for the info on the photo, I did not know that the trail cam photo was false. I appreciate your post.

The trailer cam photo was NOT Matt and Sweat. That fact came out toward the end of the previous thread.

Maybe Matt got snockered and was flailing the gun at Sweat, who skidaddled, and Matt, in a drunken rage went out and shot at the camper trailer. Just envisioning. JMO

I feel very sorry for his mother. This must be so awful. What do you hope for when your son is a convicted murderer? It's still her son.

I know. It must be heart-wrenching. She said in one article that apparently his violence started when he was being bullied in school. He took a knife to school and go in trouble for that. She also said in a recorded interview that he was diagnosed with a "chemical imbalance" around 9 or 10, which was sort of a euphemism back then for mental illness (I wonder if he was being treated for whatever it was while in prison?). But there may have been other troubles in the home, or perhaps one of his sister also had some behavior issues/mental illness because both of them were in foster care for part of their childhood. And his educational background seems a bit sketchy -- none of the elementary schools in the area where he lived has a record of his attendance. But he does seem to have acquired at least an adequate education. His letter shows excellent grammar (unlike Matt) and beautiful handwriting, and he must have been trained in art at some point (someone posted a painting on twitter that HE had done -- a little girl with a horse -- that was really quite good). I also noticed from that letter that he wrote to the reporter that he has an interesting blend of politeness, along with frankness in the way that he declined her request for an interview.

On the news earlier they said he wasn't being sent back to Clinton but they weren't releasing where yet to media. Don't know the station I think cnn but it was earlier when this all first happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clinton used to be the first choice for assigning prisoners likely to attempt an escape. Guess that's no longer the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper