NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just read a comment to that article stating Sweat looks like Putin. I hadn't thought of that previously but I agree!

If i have not already done this? So many new folk which is great :welcome:

Finger Lakes area -- that puts him a lot closer to his mother -- less than 2 hours away. Wonder if she can visit him if he's in solitary?

His new digs: 'Each cell is equipped with a bed, a writing platform, a toilet and sink, and a facility-controlled shower which will limit movement.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-held-solitary-confinement.html#ixzz3f408WgH8

The way it should be. Especially for killers. Honor block should be for much lesser crimes. And much less perks. Maybe a extra book to read LOL

So, the cardboard that was delivered dutifully to the inmates, also was not x-rayed. And Matt was on his belly when shot, but miraculously half-sitting in the grisly photo so that the head holes could be seen. OK. ? JMO His body was evidence....but it was moved for a photo op.

They still had to check him for a pulse and make sure he was dead.
They also would have needed to verify he didn't have another gun.
He would have been rolled over on his side/back to do both of those things. :twocents:

WOW I just figured it out! Tillie's fortune cookie at the Chinese restaurant told her not to have poor old Lyle knocked off....mission aborted! JMO

Sounds like Clinton was 5 star compared to the new digs. Sweat has many years to think about how he had it made and how close he was to Canada...that right there will drive him crazy.

Sounds like Clinton was 5 star compared to the new digs. Sweat has many years to think about how he had it made and how close he was to Canada...that right there will drive him crazy.

Yep, especially considering he'll be in keep-lock where at least 1/3 of inmates are inmate-patients (mental health).

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/06/us/new-york-prison-break/

"A source within the New York Department of Corrections who is close to the case of David Sweat told CNN that the convict's hearing will be closed to the public. The date and time of the hearing won't be released either, the source said, and it will be several weeks before the outcome is announced."

"Sweat will not have an attorney, the source said. In the meantime, the prisoner will be confined, alone, to a cell that is 105 square feet."

(modsnip)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/06/us/new-york-prison-break/

"On Monday, Mitchell's attorney told CNN that Matt gave Mitchell pills that he claimed would incapacitate Lyle, but that Mitchell had no idea what they were exactly, and destroyed them.

The attorney, Stephen Johnston, said, as he has in the past, that his client was never part of a plan to harm Lyle."

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....rk_prison_escape_paintings_john_mulligan.html

"Mulligan said the media portrayal of Matt – who was sentenced to prison for killing and dismembering his boss, escaped last month and was killed by law enforcement -- is misleading. Matt, Mulligan insists, was a considerate friend with "an awesome sense of humor," a great cook with a hot pot or a grill, and a talented painter who taught himself in prison.

"If you just focus on him chopping up his boss, sure he's going to look like a monster," said Mulligan, who served time with Matt in Clinton after robbing a Syracuse bank in 2007."

(modsnip)

All of it makes sense to me... I wouldn't have the guts to say it, but I can see what the guy means. :twocents:

Yup. Matt is a sweetheart. He beat his child's mother, He apparently had nothing to do with his children. He cut up a man who had tried to help him. He killed a guy in Mexico. I forget what the rape was.

Other than those whoopsies, he was a prince.

Yup. Matt is a sweetheart. He beat his child's mother, He apparently had nothing to do with his children. He cut up a man who had tried to help him. He killed a guy in Mexico. I forget what the rape was.

Other than those whoopsies, he was a prince.
Yeah if you just forget about the part that he chopped up his boss!:doh: As I've often said about Michael Jackson, having talent doesn't give you a pass on the law. Too bad this guy didn't use his talent to seek a legitimate profession as an artist.

I think one of Matt's demons was alcohol and really surprised that he didn't kill Sweat, especially if he knew he was going to be left because he was holding them back. Actually I'm surprised that no one (other than them) was hurt while those two were on the run.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back