GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and perhaps they might let the older girl testify, but not the younger one -- as they did with allowing the sketch when they were missing.

I'm not sure about their state, but here you can video tape recording. When I worked at an advocacy center, we had a whole side of the building with rooms for videotaping testimony. LE and attorneys were always involve in this, as well as counselors to make it as gentle as possible. But, shoot...I guess that wouldn't work given their beliefs about media.

"The two suspects in last week's kidnapping of two Amish girls were in a 'master-slave' relationship, the lawyer for one of the suspects confirmed for 7 News Sunday."
"Riendau said Howells set up a camera to record things he did with Vaisey. He also said the home contained various items associated with sado-masochistic sex, including handcuffs and canes."
"Riendeau said Howells has three children, but those children were not at the county route 21 home at the time the kidnapping was going on. He said they were dropped off at their mother's house before the alleged crime Wednesday."
http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Re...re-In-Master-Slave-Relatonship-271580901.html

Why of why are these outlets posting the girl's names after saying they've been sexually assaulted?!! It's so infuriating.

I'm not sure about their state, but here you can video tape recording. When I worked at an advocacy center, we had a whole side of the building with rooms for videotaping testimony. LE and attorneys were always involve in this, as well as counselors to make it as gentle as possible. But, shoot...I guess that wouldn't work given their beliefs about media.
Exactly -- I wonder if an audio tape would work? Or...maybe a video but with screen situated so only jury could view (not audience or press)? Or, perhaps, even a written and signed statement.

So different accounts of what happened. Please, has it been verified for sure that the perps dropped them OFF or did the girls escape their home? Could the perps have intentionally targeted them because they are Amish and thought , really naively , that because parents don't have phone and tv that they may not involved LE ? So they let them go thinking that was the end of it ? But by then, it was all over local tv, right?

I just listened to the PC again and I'll try to paraphrase a few items regarding the "drop off".

Reporter: Can you tell us the circumstance on how they were able to escape?

Sheriff Wells: They were dropped off by their captures in the area that was previously described as the Town of Del Kalb, Hamlet of Bigelow. Where they knocked on a door and were taken by the persons previously identified to their residence.

Reporter: Can you tell us why they were dropped off?

Sheriff Wells: Those are details that are going to stay as part of the investigation at this time.

Reporter: Did they both release to the victims together?

Sheriff Wells: They were both involved in the complete scenario.

Hopefully this will help a little as to the escape/drop off situation. Since I'm not familiar with the area, perhaps some locals can say how what the approximate distance is between where the girls were dropped off and the residence of the suspects?

Presser link: http://watertown.twcnews.com/conten...napping--intended-to-do-physical-harm-/#video

MSM link to suspects home (address): http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20140817/NEWS05/140819043

Something is not adding up to me. LE said it was well planned but theses two brought the children to their house. Why not to a Motel? Idk if they would have been found at all. Or they could have taken them to their home, blindfolded them, then dropped them off miles away. This whole story puzzels me.

Is it just me????

Not everybody is a master criminal. That's why they get caught.

Per comment below this article, Nicole Vaisey worked for L.E.A.P. on nightshift alone w/ developmentally disabled girls of all ages.
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20140817/NEWS05/140819032

She graduated from Mercyhurst College, Erie, PA, *advertiser censored* laude w/ degree in psychology - so she'd have lived in Erie, PA from around 2007 to 2011.
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20110628/CURR04/306289959

And, since I didn't know, I looked up "Rape Acceptance Myths" (the subject of the grant she received to study while a senior) -- ""Rape myths are a specific set of attitudes and beliefs that may contribute to ongoing sexual violence by shifting blame for sexual assault from perpetrators to victims."

Would that be the common mindset some have like "" if she's dressing in revealing clothing, then it's her own fault she got raped ''' kind of thing? That's what that makes me think of. This case is really bizarre. It would be odd if he just happened to stumble upon a woman ,then emotionally enslaved her and it just so happened she had an interest in the above kind of thinking enough to study and research it. What is going on here?

Where I live, you MUST have a teaching certificate unless you teach in a private school. Then you need a Bachelor's in a subject area, but that probably won't get a job for you. A Master's probably will.

She may have exaggerated and actually been a sub teaching assistant which requires only a high school diploma where I live as well as passing a criminal background check

Nicole Vaisey lived in PA while in college, and has lived in NY the rest of her life (as far as we know).

In Pennsylvania, teacher certification is preferred for substitute teachers, but one can get a "Pennsylvania emergency permit." A Bachelor's Degree is required, so, if she substituted in PA, it would have had to have been after her graduation in 2011.
http://www.pps.k12.pa.us/Page/1113

In New York state, certification is not a requirement for substitute teaching (but you're limited in how many days you can teach).
http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/substituteteaching.html

[/I][/B]
Would that be the common mindset some have like "" if she's dressing in revealing clothing, then it's her own fault she got raped ''' kind of thing? That's what that makes me think of. This case is really bizarre. It would be odd if he just happened to stumble upon a woman ,then emotionally enslaved her and it just so happened she had an interest in the above kind of thinking enough to study and research it. What is going on here?

Yes, that's what it means.
But, her study involved showing one group of people sexually explicit pictures and the other group pictures of ordinary stuff, and then both groups took some sort of survey. And she also monitored their heart rate and all.

Why of why are these outlets posting the girl's names after saying they've been sexually assaulted?!! It's so infuriating.

As far as I can make out, only the Daily Mail said they had been sexually assaulted. The Daily Mail often gets things wrong, or throws up a headline that has nothing to do with the content, it's not much better than a tabloid. Has it been reported in other msm?

"The two suspects in last week's kidnapping of two Amish girls were in a 'master-slave' relationship, the lawyer for one of the suspects confirmed for 7 News Sunday."
"Riendau said Howells set up a camera to record things he did with Vaisey. He also said the home contained various items associated with sado-masochistic sex, including handcuffs and canes."
"Riendeau said Howells has three children, but those children were not at the county route 21 home at the time the kidnapping was going on. He said they were dropped off at their mother's house before the alleged crime Wednesday."
http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Re...re-In-Master-Slave-Relatonship-271580901.html

Everyday we hear more about these two sickos.

Glad they left alot of evidence behind!

I bet LE is still at their house.

The Amish have their own legal system for their own people. And they do not pursue lawsuits against each other or against non-Amish. However, they will occasionally cooperate with law enforcement for the prosecution of crimes (for instance, the recent beard cutting incident in Ohio), especially if they believe their cooperation will prevent others becoming victims. In the case of these two little girls, it appears the family cooperated fully with LE in giving details leading the arrest. I suspect they will give careful consideration to whether or not the girls should testify -- just like any parents would. Testifying in a trial like this could be traumatic for any child, and there are ways of giving testimony that don't involve having to take the stand in an open courtroom.

Yes and they allowed a medical exam as well where the results would be used in trial as I am sure was explained to them. This is definitely a case where cooperating with LE will prevent further abuse to other children so I wouldn't be surprised if the girls testified. It may take some reflection though and talking with the Bishop by LE

[/I][/B]

I think they met online before meeting in person. And if she's a slave, she willingly took on that role, imo. Maybe she got in over her head, but I'm thinking she wasn't so enslaved that she couldn't leave. It looks from FB that she is involved with her family - clearly not isolated and apart from assistance by them if she needed them. (Hey, maybe she's the dominant one and is now punishing him by blaming it all on him!)

I'm going to guess there is an online community where these two perps are active - and perhaps a real-life community as well and maybe they visited these communities on their travels. They might have acted alone, but perhaps planned to video/photograph their actions with the abductees and share with their online creepy friends. Maybe their big-news arrest is like a rock being lifted and all the creepy crawlers living under the rock are now scurrying into the dirty darkness after being exposed to light.

All speculation, jmo.

Something is not adding up to me. LE said it was well planned but theses two brought the children to their house. Why not to a Motel? Idk if they would have been found at all. Or they could have taken them to their home, blindfolded them, then dropped them off miles away. This whole story puzzels me.

Is it just me????

If they took the children to a motel, they would have to register and risk someone seeing them. Their house looks as if it's on plenty of land, which would shield them somewhat from neighbours.

I don't know if the dropping them off, was part of the plan. Maybe the plan got interrupted (Thank God)

As far as I can make out, only the Daily Mail said they had been sexually assaulted. The Daily Mail often gets things wrong, or throws up a headline that has nothing to do with the content, it's not much better than a tabloid. Has it been reported in other msm?

All the majors are carrying it, the news came from the prosecutor

Yes, from the prosecutor.

Oops sorry, didn't mean to be redundant!

I find myself wondering if both perps dropped those little girls off, or if it were just one of them? Like, maybe the other was planning to sell them or kill them or something, and the other snuck them out.

ETA: well, thanks to posting by SDHelps, it looks like both perps dropped the girls off. Curiouser and curiouser

I also keep coming back to the way SH has a FB link for his house "Steve's place" https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steves-Place/175678792521221 and indicates it's a "business." You can click on people who have "visited" And he constantly refers to it.

The officer said both suspects were involved throughout the whole thing.
To me that means both suspects abducted, confined, abused and released the girls. :twocents:

I just listened to the PC again and I'll try to paraphrase a few items regarding the "drop off".

Reporter: Can you tell us the circumstance on how they were able to escape?

Sheriff Wells: They were dropped off by their captures in the area that was previously described as the Town of Del Kalb, Hamlet of Bigelow. Where they knocked on a door and were taken by the persons previously identified to their residence.

Reporter: Can you tell us why they were dropped off?

Sheriff Wells: Those are details that are going to stay as part of the investigation at this time.

Reporter: Did they both release to the victims together?

Sheriff Wells: They were both involved in the complete scenario.

Hopefully this will help a little as to the escape/drop off situation. Since I'm not familiar with the area, perhaps some locals can say how what the approximate distance is between where the girls were dropped off and the residence of the suspects?

Presser link: http://watertown.twcnews.com/conten...napping--intended-to-do-physical-harm-/#video

MSM link to suspects home (address): http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20140817/NEWS05/140819043

He might have been stationed there [Travis AFB] at some point, but the Air Force "boot camp" is at Lackland Air Force Base near San Antonio, TX.

One thing to remember with folks in the military (and also folks living overseas a lot) -- sometimes because they're getting bounced around a lot -- in training and such -- and especially if they're single -- they might have their mail received at a relative's house. For instance, my son had his cousin receiving his mail for awhile, and also, his grandmother, when he was getting bounced around from base to base and also when overseas. So, I just did an Intelius check on him - it lists my Mom's city, my brother's city, and my niece's city -- none of which he actually ever lived in, except for brief visits. It does not list anywhere where he's actually lived most of his life, a good part of which was spent overseas (except for his college city).

Or a weapon maybe?

I keep thinking that Amish children would not get in a car, due to their life and beliefs. Unless intensely coerced or threatened. I could be wrong, I just can't shake that.

Amish will ride in vehicles. Amish communities usually have an "English" person who has a van that they hire for transporting them into the bigger cities (where horses would be an issue), or if they need to go a fairly long distance.

Amish will ride in vehicles. Amish communities usually have an "English" person who has a van that they hire for transporting them into the bigger cities (where horses would be an issue), or if they need to go a fairly long distance.

Yes, I know that. But to get in a car in a situation that was not previously rearranged for a specific purpose...to me does not seem likely. That is something they do not do. The sheriff said they used various coercion tactics. It's JMO, but I suspect that as they went along trying to get them in the car, the coercion was not so gentle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member