GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

So it looks like his girlfriend Nicole Vaisey is turning on him - saying she was a salve to him, getting an order of protection against him AFTER they get caught.. - etc. She is probably looking for a plea deal and to testify against him...

If it's true then she should be willing to tell everything including any previous victims ! We shall see. I don't want to diminish his role as the primary or even suggest that women cannot be ' enslaved' to their man, however sick they are . But I'm always really skeptical after an arrest when this comes out. Let's hope for the truth. If the DA believes her version and she wants to turn state's evidence, I guess it should be. The girls' testimony should be able to clear up how involved she was in the actions. They would clearly know if she was being told to do things or actively participating.
Hey thought...... will the girls' be able to assist the DA with these charges? Will they be allowed to give testimony or not? I'm wondering if the community may forbid it or lobby to not have them speak? Perhaps they could give written statements......but if no pictures can be taken then surely they cannot be on a witness stand for trial.
Anyone know ?

I am trying to look for the whole presser and can't find it. The sheriff said they were "dropped off." I remember those exact words. He also said that they were looking for easy targets, and did not necessarily grab the girls because they were Amish. If you can find the presser, it's in there. Oh, and throw out the link for me...lol!

That sounds almost like the perps dropped them off at the perps' own house? Right? Like ' you go on inside and wait for us, we'll be back soon with food' or something? It seems like these 2 could easily have more victims but if that is the case that they dropped them at their own house, they're not too bright. moo

If she was a substitute in New York she would need either a teaching certificate or bachelors degree.

Do we know what state she was a sub in?

Where I live, you MUST have a teaching certificate unless you teach in a private school. Then you need a Bachelor's in a subject area, but that probably won't get a job for you. A Master's probably will.

She may have exaggerated and actually been a sub teaching assistant which requires only a high school diploma where I live as well as passing a criminal background check

If it's true then she should be willing to tell everything including any previous victims ! We shall see. I don't want to diminish his role as the primary or even suggest that women cannot be ' enslaved' to their man, however sick they are . But I'm always really skeptical after an arrest when this comes out. Let's hope for the truth. If the DA believes her version and she wants to turn state's evidence, I guess it should be. The girls' testimony should be able to clear up how involved she was in the actions. They would clearly know if she was being told to do things or actively participating.
Hey thought...... will the girls' be able to assist the DA with these charges? Will they be allowed to give testimony or not? I'm wondering if the community may forbid it or lobby to not have them speak? Perhaps they could give written statements......but if no pictures can be taken then surely they cannot be on a witness stand for trial.
Anyone know ?

I imagine the state can insist on issues that allow criminal charges.

What happened with the shooting at the Amish school? How was that handled?

I can't imagine being LE and trying to find the girls.
There were no photos of the girls, no cell phone or internet activity to trace - etc.
Its a miracle that someone saw the white car when they were taken, and its even more of a miracle that l that they were dropped off at a house.
I don't know how they would have been found otherwise..

BBM

This!

It horrifies me to think if no one would have seen. The girls would have just been gone without a trace. It's eerily reminiscent of Lyric and Lizzie. :(

Where I live, you MUST have a teaching certificate unless you teach in a private school. Then you need a Bachelor's in a subject area, but that probably won't get a job for you. A Master's probably will.

She may have exaggerated and actually been a sub teaching assistant which requires only a high school diploma where I live as well as passing a criminal background check

In my state you need a teaching certificate. However, sometimes a district is allowed to accept "emergency" certified substitutes when they are low on subs. The emergency cert only requires a bachelors degree. I subbed on an emergency cert. while I was going to school(post grad) to get my cert. It seems to be getting rarer though.

Something is not adding up to me. LE said it was well planned but theses two brought the children to their house. Why not to a Motel? Idk if they would have been found at all. Or they could have taken them to their home, blindfolded them, then dropped them off miles away. This whole story puzzels me.

Is it just me????

Then why do you think it for a woman?

I don't know exactly. I'll try to think about it more---maybe because it seems more rare that women sexually abuse children and maybe because women have the biological connection and capability of carrying a child in their wombs...I don't know, let me think about it. :biggrin:

No trial........ perp died .

OT Wow, look at the perp's parents and what they have done since. Amazing people !

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2011-09-29/amish-schoolhouse-shooting/50609184/1

Wow!

"Five years after the shooting, the other side of the story is not well-known — that of a grief-torn mother seeking the still, small voice of God in the aftermath of tragedy.
One place where Terri has found peace is at the bedside of her son's most damaged, living victim — a paralyzed schoolgirl, now 11.
During their weekly visit, Terri bathes and talks to her, brushes her hair and sings hymns.
"As we reach out in ways that bring a touch, we can find great healing," Terri said."

Anyone know ?

BBM/ good question!

That sounds almost like the perps dropped them off at the perps' own house? Right? Like ' you go on inside and wait for us, we'll be back soon with food' or something? It seems like these 2 could easily have more victims but if that is the case that they dropped them at their own house, they're not too bright. moo

Thats what I heard but now idk.

Heres the whole 6min presser. Scroll down.

http://watertown.twcnews.com/conten...napping--intended-to-do-physical-harm-/#video

Anyone know ?

I doubt these girls will be testifying in a trial. The Amish don't believe in perusing legal actions. I would be shocked if they were allowed to testify in a trial setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per comment below this article, Nicole Vaisey worked for L.E.A.P. on nightshift alone w/ developmentally disabled girls of all ages.
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20140817/NEWS05/140819032

She graduated from Mercyhurst College, Erie, PA, *advertiser censored* laude w/ degree in psychology - so she'd have lived in Erie, PA from around 2007 to 2011.
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20110628/CURR04/306289959

And, since I didn't know, I looked up "Rape Acceptance Myths" (the subject of the grant she received to study while a senior) -- ""Rape myths are a specific set of attitudes and beliefs that may contribute to ongoing sexual violence by shifting blame for sexual assault from perpetrators to victims."

I doubt these girls will be testifying in a trial. The Amish don't believe in perusing legal actions. I would be shocked if they were allowed to testify in a trial setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Amish have their own legal system for their own people. And they do not pursue lawsuits against each other or against non-Amish. However, they will occasionally cooperate with law enforcement for the prosecution of crimes (for instance, the recent beard cutting incident in Ohio), especially if they believe their cooperation will prevent others becoming victims. In the case of these two little girls, it appears the family cooperated fully with LE in giving details leading the arrest. I suspect they will give careful consideration to whether or not the girls should testify -- just like any parents would. Testifying in a trial like this could be traumatic for any child, and there are ways of giving testimony that don't involve having to take the stand in an open courtroom.

The Amish have their own legal system for their own people. And they do not pursue lawsuits against each other or against non-Amish. However, they will occasionally cooperate with law enforcement for the prosecution of crimes (for instance, the recent beard cutting incident in Ohio), especially if they believe their cooperation will prevent others becoming victims. In the case of these two little girls, it appears the family cooperated fully with LE in giving details leading the arrest. I suspect they will give careful consideration to whether or not the girls should testify -- just like any parents would. Testifying in a trial like this could be traumatic for any child, and there are ways of giving testimony that don't involve having to take the stand in an open courtroom.

Yes, and perhaps they might let the older girl testify, but not the younger one -- as they did with allowing the sketch when they were missing.

Here is some of the law regarding child testimony:
"In a criminal proceeding, if the presiding officer finds, upon clear and convincing evidence, that the child would suffer serious emotional trauma which would substantially impair the child’s ability to communicate with the finder of fact, the officer may allow the child to testify other than: (1) in an open forum in the presence and full view of the finder of fact or (2) face-to-face with the defendant. This standard follows the holding of Maryland v. Craig (497 U.S. 836, 1990) and adopts the standard of proof set by a number of states and the persuasive holding of Reutter v. State, 886 P.2d 1298 (Alaska Ct. App. 1994)."
http://www.uniformlaws.org/ActSummary.aspx?title=Child Witness Testimony by Alternative Methods Act

"The two suspects in last week's kidnapping of two Amish girls were in a 'master-slave' relationship, the lawyer for one of the suspects confirmed for 7 News Sunday."
"Riendau said Howells set up a camera to record things he did with Vaisey. He also said the home contained various items associated with sado-masochistic sex, including handcuffs and canes."
"Riendeau said Howells has three children, but those children were not at the county route 21 home at the time the kidnapping was going on. He said they were dropped off at their mother's house before the alleged crime Wednesday."
http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Re...re-In-Master-Slave-Relatonship-271580901.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva