GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for my ignorance but do Amish allow photos to be taken? It certainly will make it harder for anyone to recognize them especially if the person that abducted them has changed their clothing.

I hope they're found soon and safe.

According to the bible, we were made in the image of God. The Amish believe that the scripture that reads, "make no graven image." Means not to make an image of God, and as they believe we are in his image, that includes us, in general. Even rag dolls made for the children in Amish communities are made without eyes, typically.

Ok I just got off the phone with her... she is actually at the Price Chopper right up in Ogdensburg getting stuff for dinner now. She said that state police and border patrol vehicles are everywhere. So... :-/ so scary.

Non-amish people up there treat the amish people like crap. They will honk at them in their carriages by the side of the road and get all ragey and aggressive towards them. The amish community up there are really kind and make awesome furniture and pies. I don't know why they get treated like that. I feel like they are especially vulnerable because of this. Horrible.

This is my first guess. The alternative is all too familiar and horrifying :(
This would only be applicable if it is someone who believes of abuse in that household. Amish are anabaptist. They set their one children free and don't expect them to be Amish. They believe it's a choice one has to make for oneself.

This is so scary because it's right near our summer house.[/QUOTE]

Could they have somehow slipped and fallen into the river?

This is so scary because it's right near our summer house.

Could they have somehow slipped and fallen into the river?[/QUOTE]

Probably not- I mean yeah it's always a possibility, but if they were seen taken... And most kids up there are strong swimmers, so I would think that even if they did, they'd be okay. The current is pretty strong, but when you swim up there, you adapt to that and are a better swimmer.

Ok I just got off the phone with her... she is actually at the Price Chopper right up in Ogdensburg getting stuff for dinner now. She said that state police and border patrol vehicles are everywhere. So... :-/ so scary.

Non-amish people up there treat the amish people like crap. They will honk at them in their carriages by the side of the road and get all ragey and aggressive towards them. The amish community up there are really kind and make awesome furniture and pies. I don't know why they get treated like that. I feel like they are especially vulnerable because of this. Horrible.

Off the phone with who? Who is in the chopper?

Things just got kind of wonky in here. Is it just me? Posts are all out of order and quotes look funny. I'm on here via Tapatalk in my phone, maybe it's me?

According to the bible, we were made in the image of God. The Amish believe that the scripture that reads, "make no graven image." Means not to make an image of God, and as they believe we are in his image, that includes us, in general. Even rag dolls made for the children in Amish communities are made without eyes, typically.

Interesting. Thank you. I'm guessing they do not allow for painted or sketched portraits then, correct?

Things just got kind of wonky in here. Is it just me? Posts are all out of order and quotes look funny. I'm on here via Tapatalk in my phone, maybe it's me?

my mom. She is up there at our house. Price chopper = grocery store. It's like a mile or two from where the girls were taken from.

Kristin was calling her mother who is up in that general area. I would assume that price chopper is a discount store of some sort.

price chopper = grocery store. At least in Canada it is

Interesting. Thank you. I'm guessing they do not allow for painted or sketched portraits then, correct?
Correct, although photos sometimes exist. I have (late) friend who was Amish. He had photos from his childhood his sisters had taken of him during their rumspringa. (This is the period they were turned loose to decide about being Amish.) Also, photos without faces are acceptable.

That is awful, why do people not like them? Is it a case of just being different?
I admit I don't know a lot about Amish life etc, but anything I've seen or read seems to show them as kind, gentle, hard working folk.

Horrible to think the girls went to their stall to help a customer, totally trusting strangers, and now they are missing.

That is awful, why do people not like them? Is it a case of just being different?
I admit I don't know a lot about Amish life etc, but anything I've seen or read seems to show them as kind, gentle, hard working folk.

Horrible to think the girls went to their stall to help a customer, totally trusting strangers, and now they are missing.

They are VERY trusting. To a fault. They are so kind though.

I think it's because they are different. Now, just like with any group, religion, culture, profession- there are good people and bad. Even in the amish world. But a majority from my experience are very good, very giving and kind.

Very different lifestyle than most of us lead, but that's no reason to judge them. They don't judge us.

It appears that Mount Alone Road is a shorter dead end road with a few houses at the end, but there appears to be a farm at the corner by Black River Trail, which is a larger road. Does anyone know if the roadside stand is on the corner or is it further down Mount Alone Trail? Have they said which way the vehicle went when it left the stand?

Scary that here is a river that runs parallel to Black River Trail.

and.... There appears to be a body of water past where Mt. alone Road ends...

I am really concerned that divers have been brought in so quickly...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member