GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my mom. She is up there at our house. Price chopper = grocery store. It's like a mile or two from where the girls were taken from.

Thank you! I scrolled back up and saw it. It's not the forum going wonky today, it's me!
:coffee:

If only we can go back 200 years and not have to worry about people taking advantage of other just because they feel they can. Be it because they are different or whatever, it was never this bad before. What's wrong with society today? How did it change so drastically? Sad

Thank you! I scrolled back up and saw it. It's not the forum going wonky today, it's me!

Maybe another couple of cups of coffee should smarten you up ;) Just kidding of course! It's still morning where you are so use that as an excuse hahah

and.... There appears to be a body of water past where Mt. alone Road ends...

I am really concerned that divers have been brought in so quickly...

JMO

Yeah it looks like a dead end. Also, it appears that the farm where they were is near the corner of the road. 8 mount lona road.

Yes, Price Chopper is a grocery store chain, common in the northeast.

If an Amish teen/young adult chooses to" become English" (non-Amish) the parents are not happy, but most will accept their child's decision. The plainer Amish orders (yes, some Amish are stricter than others) will still shun people. Shunning occurs when the person is baptized in the Amish faith, then leaves the faith after they have been baptized. Persons who were never baptized in the Amish faith and they then choose to leave are not shunned. There is an excellent weblog about the Amish-here is the link : http://amishamerica.com/ . The Amish, along with the Mennonites and Hutterites, are Anabaptist. The girls are of the Schwarzentruber order, one of the plainest.

It is not unusual for the Amish to set up a roadside stand outside the family home to sell produce, fruit, eggs, honey and other items.

I am praying that both girls will be found safe. Just MOO, but the Amber alert should probably be extended to PA as well.

Just wanted to point out that's a VERY common surname around here in my part of southern Ontario. Likely no connection at all, it just struck me.

FM and DM, just beautiful names. Those names so innocent and of yesteryear and of safety and home.
I sure hope these girls get back unscathed and untouched !

Just wanted to point out that's a VERY common surname around here in my part of southern Ontario. Likely no connection at all, it just struck me.

Where in Southern Ontario are you? Vaughan here

Yeah it looks like a dead end. Also, it appears that the farm where they were is near the corner of the road. 8 mount lona road.

Don't think so. It should be Mt. Alone Rd. to the west. No street view there. Street view for 8 Mt. Lona Rd. looks like the stand, but in the news photo there is a spruce tree behind it that isn't in street view.

Any chance there is another sister that looks like one of the other 2? They could use her photo.

I'm Southern Ontario, and the Schwarzentruber name is somewhere in my very extended family.

FM and DM, just beautiful names. Those names so innocent and of yesteryear and of safety and home.
I sure hope these girls get back unscathed and untouched !

I can't imagine how scared they are right now. When I was little, my worst fear was someone taking me or losing my parents. One time, at the grocery store, I couldn't find my mom and I FREAKED. Sobbing. They found her, but the feeling like you can't find your mom is terrifying. :(

That is awful, why do people not like them? Is it a case of just being different?

In other parts of NYS (Finger Lakes area, central), the Amish have a reputation for running horrible running puppy/kitten mills. Does anyone know if this family was involved in selling animals or something like that?

Don't think so. It should be Mt. Alone Rd. to the west. No street view there. Street view for 8 Mt. Lona Rd. looks like the stand, but in the news photo there is a spruce tree behind it that isn't in street view.

Any chance there is another sister that looks like one of the other 2? They could use her photo.

WOAH big mistake on my part. Let me look at it again. Sorry about that!!

In other parts of NYS (Finger Lakes area, central), the Amish have a reputation for running horrible running puppy/kitten mills. Does anyone know if this family was involved in selling animals or something like that?

I really wouldn't think so. What would make you think of that?

Maybe the map is right. Why don't they stop calling it Mt. Alone Rd. If it is along Hwy 812, then it's Mt. Lona Rd.

Im from Waterloo Ontario, We have a very large Amish community a few minutes away, in Elmira and St Jacobs. Fiance works in Elmira we are keeping are eyes open.

:therethere: Kaliste... Join the club...:loveyou:

here's some coffee...:coffeeup: :sunshine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads