GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: crossing the border with kids...

If whoever took these girls did cross the border and LE finds them up here, there will be serious repercussions with the border agent that didn't check for proper documentation. On the other hand, if they were concealed (and I hate to think this way) for example in the trunk, and the agent had no reason to suspect anything sketchy, they *could* be up here.

Although I doubt it. Crossing the border poses way too many potential risks. They're either still in the general area, or they were headed south. MOO.

The good news is- if they were in the trunk they would prob be picked up with thermal scan at the border. :)

Thank you so much for adjusting the sketch of F. Something like this would have been more helpful to the media. Would you mind if I shared this on FB, as I live in western NY? The original sketch is just awful.

Here is one of the best sites for info on the Amish. http://amishamerica.com/

I'm Mennonite with various Anabaptist heritage (mostly Brethren and Menno). I lived in an Amish community for several years, attended services and had neighbors and friends in the community. Each church district can be very different and different parts of the country can have different Amish cultures, The website above will have info on this specific community on their web page-- how many folks live there and how long the community has been there.

Praying for these dear children. My heart just breaks for them and how frightened they must be.

The good news is- if they were in the trunk they would prob be picked up with thermal scan at the border. :)

Is that standard now? We haven't crossed the border with our kids since 2012 and I don't even know if they were doing it then. I know both directions though, they have you open up the doors and visually ID each kid, then check their passports.

Thank you so much for adjusting the sketch of F. Something like this would have been more helpful to the media. Would you mind if I shared this on FB, as I live in western NY? The original sketch is just awful.

If you think it will help, please do.

Is that standard now? We haven't crossed the border with our kids since 2012 and I don't even know if they were doing it then. I know both directions though, they have you open up the doors and visually ID each kid, then check their passports.

Is that at the Cornwall crossing? Could you forward your pic to LE?

The big things above each booth are scanners

I have gone across in the last 6 months and they barely even glanced up at me and my 19yo passenger.

I'm curious to know if the eyewitness saw two men or a man and a woman. I think there would be very different outcomes for each scenario.

Also, it is unusual for the family not to allow the sketch of the younger child. Often there is more leniency with photographs of children in Amish communities--you can find books in gifts stores full of photographs of children. They are just thought of as more innocent and not considered under the same restrictions as older children. BUT every community is different and has their own ordnung to follow. I'll have to read up on this community. The website I linked to often has comments from people in the community--not Old Order Amish, but "English" family of Amish who post about their relatives. Also an occassional "Beachy" Amish (more liberal) who can make comments about local communities. http://http://amishamerica.com/

I'm curious to know if the eyewitness saw two men or a man and a woman. I think there would be very different outcomes for each scenario.

The gender was not stated...at least not in anything I have read.

Also, it is unusual for the family not to allow the sketch of the younger child. Often there is more leniency with photographs of children in Amish communities--you can find books in gifts stores full of photographs of children. They are just thought of as more innocent and not considered under the same restrictions as older children. BUT every community is different and has their own ordnung to follow. I'll have to read up on this community. The website I linked to often has comments from people in the community--not Old Order Amish, but "English" family of Amish who post about their relatives. Also an occassional "Beachy" Amish (more liberal) who can make comments about local communities. http://http://amishamerica.com/

I suspect they were likely *very* reluctant to even agree to the first one but figured once the sketch of the older sister was out there, that would be enough (assuming the girls were still together).

I totally agree w this also. A good friend of ours is BP and he says all minors have their ID checked. And adults if there are children. You need a special form (DS-11) to obtain a passport for a child.

I think it would he highly unlikely they would go that route bc they would be detained immediately if there were any discrepancies.

I hope. I'm sure there is always a way to get through. For example, by boat. When we go to mallarytown via boat, there is a phone we call into customs with. You can get by it if you are so inclined.

I was thinking along those lines as well, used to cross from Wellesley Island, NY to Canada via boat all the time years ago-only took a few minutes.

I don't find it unusual. If I was in their position and could only agree to one sketch, I would choose the oldest as well. I bet LE had to do a lot of talking to get one sketch done.

I don't find it unusual. If I was in their position and could only agree to one sketch, I would choose the oldest as well.

Oh Gosh I sure don't mean suspicious. I just mean it's pretty strict in this context. They might be Swartzentruber Amish--more strict. JMO

Good thing I wasn't trying to be sneaky then, because I had no idea about the scanners.

I'm an American living in Canada, and I always feel like a criminal being interrogated, no matter which direction I'm headed. Where are you headed? How long have you been out of the country? Do you have any bacon, tobacco or alcohol? How much did you spend? Who were you visiting? Do we have your DNA on file? Are these your children? Do you watch The Walking Dead?

(okay only some of those are real questions, but it wouldn't surprise me if they added a few just to mess you up and make you unsure which ones to answer honestly)

Can I just be so bold to ask...

Should we be altering the official version of the LE composite without their permission?
Just saying.

What if F does perhaps have chin hair? Perhaps she could have a condition?

On the other hand....I do find the sketch...well... is just bad.

To be honest, I am not sure the sketch even matters at this point....I'm sorry to say, but I do not have a good feeling about this. I really hope I'm wrong!

IMO of course.

I'm an American living in Canada, and I always feel like a criminal being interrogated, no matter which direction I'm headed. Where are you headed? How long have you been out of the country? Do you have any bacon, tobacco or alcohol? How much did you spend? Who were you visiting? Do we have your DNA on file? Are these your children? Do you watch The Walking Dead?

(okay only some of those are real questions, but it wouldn't surprise me if they added a few just to mess you up and make you unsure which ones to answer honestly)

They usually just ask me where I am from, where I am going, how long I am staying and if I have any weapons.

I did have to abandon my pepper spray one time. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member