NY NY - Ellery, Rte 17, WhtFem 30-37, UP15489 193UFNY, GSW, poss from Canada or Europe, note, clothes, Dec'83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

A while we had a wonderful programm trying to find the identity of a couple of "our" Dutch UID's with succes sometimes (hardbreaking), but sadly enough that also stopped.

a bit of a late reaction but what was the name of this program? For the Dutch shows I'd say Vermist is most useful as it is about missing persons, then Opsporing Verzocht, it handles with all kinds of crimes but includes missing persons I believe. Too bad the older broadcasts and their info are no longer available.

Looking at missing persons https://www.politie.nl/gezocht-en-v...enen/1982/juli/11-anna-agnes-maria-neeft.html Ansje Neeft struck me, there is a possibility she went to Canada, she had children, fits the age range and went missing a year prior, she also looks to have something in her left eyebrow (a mole?). However conflicting is that she possibly contacted a friend in 1994, and the eye and hair color are not a full match (although the hair color looks brown/black/greyish on the pictures).

Sorry, too late to edit my post... but wanted to add this note found on the UID as a reminder:

C0yNDYzUkAA6-W2.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_242
Not to be confused with +242 country code for the Republic of the Congo.

Area code 242 is the local telephone area code of The Bahamas.
A thought..
Could those be phone numbers for The Bahamas?
As in .. (242) 336- 8301
or combination for a lock?

a bit of a late reaction but what was the name of this program? For the Dutch shows I'd say Vermist is most useful as it is about missing persons, then Opsporing Verzocht, it handles with all kinds of crimes but includes missing persons I believe. Too bad the older broadcasts and their info are no longer available.

Looking at missing persons https://www.politie.nl/gezocht-en-v...enen/1982/juli/11-anna-agnes-maria-neeft.html Ansje Neeft struck me, there is a possibility she went to Canada, she had children, fits the age range and went missing a year prior, she also looks to have something in her left eyebrow (a mole?). However conflicting is that she possibly contacted a friend in 1994, and the eye and hair color are not a full match (although the hair color looks brown/black/greyish on the pictures).

The program is called Graf zonder Naam. About Ansje Neeft...I don't know...the story is strange...

Is the coat the one she had or an artist interpretation?
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing:*She was wearing a white V - neck camisole (inexpensive) that was found to have been made in Carpi, Italy and non exportable, a green, brown, red checked trench coat (expensive), reversible to olive drab wool, size 40 (this size is unavailable in Canada and USA, must be European, possibly Italian, as their sizes follow a different scale than European sizes), blue gray wool crew neck pullover, plaid wool skirt (handmade) various shades of brown blue and red.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Is the coat the one she had or an artist interpretation?

It is only an interpretation based on the description. It is described as "checked", I made it plaid. So it is probably close, but not quite the same.

I put the following disclaimer on my facebook post of this reconstruction:

Please note that the clothing shown here is based only on a written description, and is not intended to be an exact depiction of her clothing. The postmortem photo does not provide me with an adequate sense of her hairstyle, so I depicted her hairstyle similar to what was depicted a different artist's interpretation of her appearance.

It is only an interpretation based on the description. It is described as "checked", I made it plaid. So it is probably close, but not quite the same.

You know I suggested a "simple" burberby coat...olive crab on the insite and checkered....no big deal....fgs we have to bring her home..... hahaha sorry but all the lanquages are mixing in.....confusing....

you are great in what you do anyway..............

She was found 33 years ago lying partially clad in a water-filled ditch along a New York State highway, just hours after she was shot four times at close range.
In the pocket of her high-quality trench coat was a mysterious note scribbled on a notepad from a Vancouver hotel — the rough-and-tumble Blue Boy on Southeast Marine Drive, which has since closed.
Today, the victim’s name remains unknown, as does the identity of her killer and the meaning of the undecipherable letters and numbers jotted down on paper from a hotel more than 4,000 kms away.
It is a cold case that will not thaw, despite the efforts of police near where the body was found in Ellery, N.Y., about 100 kms southwest of Buffalo.
“The problem is everyone’s information is now almost 35 years old,” said Lt. Lori Holder, supervisor of the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s criminal investigation division. “It is getting really, really cold. It is almost frozen now. But we do keep the case open.”

Jane Doe was found by a truck driver on Dec. 6, 1983, shot once inside the mouth, once in the back, and twice in the chest. Police believed she was Canadian or European, in part because she was using a European-made IUD birth control device that was not sold in the U.S. but was available in Canada.

*snip
Since taking over, Holder has scanned Internet chat rooms for tips and re-watched a videotaped police interview done years ago with a convicted killer, serving a life sentence in an Oklahoma prison, who had boasted of killing Jane Doe.
mysterious-numbers-on-a-notpad-from-the-old-blue-boy-motor-h.jpeg
Mysterious numbers on a notepad from the old Blue Boy motor hotel in Vancouver. Chautauqua County Sheriff / PNG
The Blue Boy note appears to read: “Sas.k.R.h. 24233, K.R.Ba. 68301, Sarg. 74261”. Vancouver police questioned Blue Boy staff and customers at the time, but no one could remember seeing the woman.
Then Vancouver Sun reporter Bob Sarti interviewed Vander Schaaff in 1991, who said then that the letters and numbers might have been code for three internal phone lines at New York’s John F. Kennedy airport. Today, Holder said police over the years developed theories about the significance of the letters and numbers, but remain unable to determine what they mean.
NamUs contains so much information about Jane Doe that anyone who knew her should be able to identify her. She was in her 30s, white, 5-foot-3, with brown eyes and shoulder-length brown hair. She had a wart above her left eye, a large mole behind her left ear, a scar on her throat, and had expensive dental work with gold fillings. She had had at least one child, possibly 15 years before her death.

http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/...vancouver-connection-almost-frozen-police-say

Always wondered about the scar on her throat...what kind was it...operational/surgical, a knife cut....accident?, .where was it actualy (there are different versions) and was she shot at the scene or somewhere else and dumped....there should have been a lot of blood at the scene...no mention of it.... no rape kit....nothing.... maybe because of the reconstructions (she was shot in the mouth) we are overlooking the obvious recognition..... still going on searching...we still have the Italian lead...no answers yet...I don't see a Dutch match....but maybe whe should dig deeper.....

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...tationary-thats-mystified-police-for-33-years
Despite using the more advanced forensic testing available today, police were still unable to match Jane Doe to any missing persons’ reports or fingerprints in Canada, the U.S. or internationally.

The longtime investigator responsible for the file, Lt. Randy Vander Schaaff, did hundreds of interviews and wrote many magazine articles about the case, but retired without being able to name Jane Doe.
“He was pretty thorough. There was just, evidence wise, nothing to attach it to — no witnesses, no nothing. She’s not from our area,” Holder said. “And we’re not getting any new leads.”
Under her checkered trench coat, she had been wearing a blue pullover and a plaid wool skirt. There was no purse, identification or money.

Her feet were bare, and no shoes or stocking were found at the scene. The Vancouver Sun quoted New York police in 1983 saying she may have been sexually assaulted, but that has not been confirmed today.
She was found in the ditch on a highway used by truckers. There were possible sightings of a woman matching her description at a Pennsylvania truck stop the day before her murder, which may suggest she was travelling east, a local newspaper reporter wrote in 2006.
rbbm.

I think I've read the whole thread but forgive me if Ithis is already stated....Russian?

I left her at a Dutch volunteers site for missing persons on facebook...asking for help....asking if they where willing to put her and her picture on their facebook site. Will keep you posted

I left her at a Dutch volunteers site for missing persons on facebook...asking for help....asking if they where willing to put her and her picture on their facebook site. Will keep you posted

Got a serious reaction, the person, although very busy.....will be looking into the case. Bless him!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back