GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some questions about the dog... police took the dog from the building, along with the victim’s sister. The dog looked healthy, physically.

Did the Pomsky bark? I know huskies who tend to howl and Poms yap. Maybe the dog was silent, but I wonder if it didn’t bark a lot, sensing something wrong. Was the dog locked in a room by itself? I haven’t read about the neighbors mentioning the dog barking.

If the killer was torturing Saleh, I wonder if there was threat of harming the dog. It would have worked on me! Someone callous enough to dismember a body might not be evil enough to harm a dog. But they didn’t.
Maybe the killer and the dog were already familiar with one another and it was put into another room and the door closed? speculation.

Interesting. This does not seem like business to me. Stabbing is very personal and generally indicates a lot of rage. It does not seem to have been planned, either. Dismemberment is very unusual and typically done for expedience. In this case, it seems to have been done to hide the crime, in a most inefficient way. One does not plan to intentionally lie in wait, follow the victim to an apartment, commit murder, hang around for 24 hours, dismember the body, then ferret the body out of the building. That is an extraordinarily inefficient plan.

Something happened, obviously. I think some personal confrontation got out of hand and someone wound up with a murder scene to clean up.

IMO

Yeah, I believe he knows this person, and this person has a tremendous grudge.

I absolutely don’t believe this is part of some international conspiracy or anything. Simple, but sick. The question is who did it.

There are some financially connected to Grokada that appear to have lost a lot of money who have been conspicuously silent on the murder of the company's founder/CEO. One of the former CEOs/co-founder who was pushed out express his sadness:
Posting on Twitter, Gokada co-founder Deji Oduntan said he was "utterly shocked and deeply saddened by the news", he added: "Fahim was passionate about building our ecosystem and left an indelible mark in it."
Ridehailing startup CEO found murdered in New York | PitchBook

I'm just surprised others haven't, unless LE instantly started talking to them and they lawyered up and clammed up to the point of not even offering condolences.

The "person of interest"....person, not organization or entity.

I agree LE has worked fast, and that evidence in the apt. or messiness in the rushed escape didn't help this killer.
I honestly believed the madman would have left town right after.....maybe he (assuming it's a man) did.

I wondered about a vehicle, parked somewhere not too far away, and whether the fire door exit had a camera. I'm sure LE has scoured every camera footage from that door and leading to everywhere in the area, around that hour.

Had everything gone as planned, was he intending to go out that way, or through the lobby. If through the lobby perhaps it wouldn't be as suspicious if he just looked like a masked resident, plus he had time since there's no telling when Saleh would have been reported as missing.

Interesting. This does not seem like business to me. Stabbing is very personal and generally indicates a lot of rage. It does not seem to have been planned, either. Dismemberment is very unusual and typically done for expedience. In this case, it seems to have been done to hide the crime, in a most inefficient way. One does not plan to intentionally lie in wait, follow the victim to an apartment, commit murder, hang around for 24 hours, dismember the body, then ferret the body out of the building. That is an extraordinarily inefficient plan.

Something happened, obviously. I think some personal confrontation got out of hand and someone wound up with a murder scene to clean up.

IMO
He brought a power saw with him in his briefcase/suitcase, a taser gun, construction style rubble bags (heavy duty ones like the kind that even hold liquids) + cleaning products which all have been left behind.
Make no mistake this wasn’t a in- the-spur-of-the-moment argument that got out of hand. It was deliberately planned and he brought everything he needed with him. He was lying in wait for him in the lobby, he deliberately tried to his identity as much as possible. I have no idea what this guys plan was, maybe he knew no one was supposed to be coming round for the next few days. Let’s not forget the sister only turned up because of a phone call from his neighbours who heard “weird noises and screams”
As a poster pointed out earlier, I think he was waiting for rigor mortis to set in, so he could carry out the dismemberment as cleanly as possible. It’s still a long time to be hanging around mind...

How did the killer know it would take Someone 24 hrs to show up at the apt? That’s a long time. And he wasn’t even done by then!

The killer may have figured that once he got in the elevator FS was as good as dead while doing all the clean-up was a mere bonus. Also with the way the condo was, it seems like the criminal was going to get notification before anyone arrived and would have the stairway to escape. The criminal didn't have to worry about search warrants or buzzing for notification, but any non-criminal wanting to do a welfare check would give the killer notice with ample time to flee before they arrived on the 7th floor for the welfare check, like just not hearing from FS wouldn't justify LE doing a no-knock search warrant.

He brought a power saw with him in his briefcase/suitcase, a taser gun, construction style rubble bags (heavy duty ones like the kind that even hold liquids) + cleaning products which all have been left behind.
Make no mistake this wasn’t a in- the-spur-of-the-moment argument that got out of hand. It was deliberately planned and he brought everything he needed with him. He was lying in wait for him in the lobby, he deliberately tried to his identity as much as possible. I have no idea what this guys plan was, maybe he knew no one was supposed to be coming round for the next few days. Let’s not forget the sister only turned up because of a phone call from his neighbours who heard “weird noises and screams”
As a poster pointed out earlier, I think he was waiting for rigor mortis to set in, so he could carry out the dismemberment as cleanly as possible. It’s still a long time to be hanging around mind...
Maybe. I've seen no indication that he brought all those items with him. And who knows how many times he came and went during those 24 hours, or what he was doing? The police haven't released any information about any of that.

Maybe. I've seen no indication that he brought all those items with him. And who knows how many times he came and went during those 24 hours, or what he was doing? The police haven't released any information about any of that.
The killer was seen with a suitcase. It appears the saw and other items may have been inside. Also, as far as we know, surveillance only sees him once in the lobby, and in the elevator. However, there's no telling whether he went in and out through the stairs/fire door, unless there is a camera on exit.

It’s been reported He tasered fahim as soon as he stepped out of the lift. Unless he found the taser on a sofa in the lobby, I’d suggest he brought this with him, along with the power saw and all the other bits and bobs you need for planning a murder and dismemberment. IMO

JMO
I am surprised that a tech internet wizard has not leaked that CCTV of the elevator video and put it on youtube.

Waiting for the POI to be officially named.
No leaks

I hope for the sake of NYC and his family NYPD makes an arrest soon.
  • His limbs were 'severed with surgical precision': his arms cut off at his shoulders and his legs below the knees
  • Saleh's blood had been confined to one corner of the room, tracing a near 'perfect outline' around his body.

Last edited:
NYC millionaire was tasered as elevator opened and stabbed in the chest by hitman in a ninja outfit | Daily Mail Online

As the doors opened to the seventh-floor, words were said to be exchanged between the pair before Saleh reportedly collapsed to the ground as he stepped into his apartment.

A struggle then ensured between Saleh and the assailant but the elevator doors closed, obscuring the camera's view of what happened next.

An autopsy has since determined that his killer incapacitated him with a stun gun before stabbing him multiple times in the chest until he died, the Daily Beast reported.

Describing the murder as 'professional', the killer had reportedly kept Saleh's blood confined to one corner of the room, tracing a near 'perfect outline' around his body.

Investigators also found a number of ominous objects nearby, including industrial-sized plastic bags - the kind used by construction contractors to dispose of trash, a myriad of cleaning products and an electric saw that was still plugged into the wall.

I wonder what he had said to him. Picturing the whole scenario is just too much. :(

In addition to the saw still being plugged in, investigators noted that the blood around Saleh's torso had not yet blackened.

The discovery suggests that the 33-year-old had only recently been dismembered - likely in the last hour of the 25 hours the killer appears to have spent inside the apartment.

Last edited:

IMO

I agree with the stabbing being personal but I definitely think this was planned. This person showed up with an electric saw in a suitcase. They were planning to dismember him before they entered that elevator.

NYC millionaire was tasered as elevator opened and stabbed in the chest by hitman in a ninja outfit | Daily Mail Online

As the doors opened to the seventh-floor, words were said to be exchanged between the pair before Saleh reportedly collapsed to the ground as he stepped into his apartment.

A struggle then ensured between Saleh and the assailant but the elevator doors closed, obscuring the camera's view of what happened next.

An autopsy has since determined that his killer incapacitated him with a stun gun before stabbing him multiple times in the chest until he died, the Daily Beast reported.

Describing the murder as 'professional', the killer had reportedly kept Saleh's blood confined to one corner of the room, tracing a near 'perfect outline' around his body.

Investigators also found a number of ominous objects nearby, including industrial-sized plastic bags - the kind used by construction contractors to dispose of trash, a myriad of cleaning products and an electric saw that was still plugged into the wall.

I wonder what he had said to him. Picturing the whole scenario is just too much. :(

It seems like there were 8 floors from what I could see from the exterior and floor plan so maybe FS was confused and wondered why the guy didn’t get off and possibly asked which floor he lived on?

We don’t have video of their interaction but I think it was mentioned that it was towards the end that words were exchanged. I think FS didn’t know the guy personally or at least hadn’t recognized him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back