GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am literally writing 100% grammatically correct, non-offensive, non-derogatory English, and every comment I attempt to post, I am told the content isn't appropriate or being blocked by the spam filter for other reasons. Any tips?

Hi! I'm sorry this is happening. If you look at the bottom left of your post, there is a "Report" link. This will alert a moderator and you can ask. I'll do it now for your post.

The “person of interest” identified in the vicious murder of tech CEO Fahim Saleh is a former employee who was involved in a financial deal gone bad, sources told The Post Friday.

The new details emerged as police continue to hone in on the “person of interest” — described as an ex-worker whose financial agreement with Saleh soured, sources said.

That person is not yet in police custody, sources added.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/17/person-of-interest-in-fahim-saleh-murder-is-ex-employee/

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-17_6-26-10.gif
    upload_2020-7-17_6-26-10.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 6
The following article does a very good job of summarizing the internal drama at Gokada that has been brewing over the past couple of years. It appears that there have been a lot of burnt bridges. I’ll be curious if any of it is related to the death.
The many woes of Gokada

I can see there being potential for unresolved conflict among investors. Agreements are only as strong as the weakest link.
The weakest link possibly being the deranged killer in this case.

I agree that disputes involving business losses, differing business visions, or differing managerial personalities can serve as motives to murder.

At the same time, Gokada had some rapid leadership changes, but when referencing start up companies, are rapid leadership shuffles that far outside of the norm? Likewise, was monetary investment provided with the full knowledge that start ups in Africa are inherently very risky?

Though are deranged murderer does not need to have an understandable motive, the possibilities that rapid leaderships changes in start ups are not uncommon, and that African investments are inherently risky seem to diminish the possibility of a deranged partner or investor.

Then factor in the victim's personality or business style would not seem to exacerbate potentially violent situations. The victim is described as being inspiring, friendly and empowering. Not, say, "hard nosed", "demanding" or "aggressive".

Also, FS was a seasoned investor in developing nations. He knew the unwritten expectations that exist overseas and how to meet them, even if annoying, with out being exploited by them.

In short, my guess is that the financial motive is more intimate than young businessmen or investors with bright futures, even if Gokada fizzled.

I am thinking of either direct work place violence originating in the US or FS declining to further "share the wealth" to somebody who felt entitled to it.

Arrest:

The personal assistant, Tyrese Devon Haspil, 21, was expected to be charged in a criminal complaint with second degree murder and other crimes.

Detectives believe that the motive for the killing stemmed from Mr. Saleh having discovered that the assistant had stolen tens of thousands of dollars from him, despite the fact that Mr. Saleh had not reported the man and had set up what amounted to a repayment plan for him to return the money, one of the officials said.

The police were expected to announce the arrest at a news conference later Friday.

Suspect Is Arrested in Grisly Killing of Tech C.E.O. Fahim Saleh

''Investigators have also concluded that Mr. Saleh was killed on Monday, the day before his body was found, and that the killer returned the next day to Mr. Saleh’s apartment on East Houston Street to dismember the body and clean up the crime scene.

Detectives believe that the killer, dressed in a black three-piece suit, white shirt and tie, wearing a black mask and carrying a duffle bag, followed Mr. Saleh off an elevator in his building and into his apartment, a law enforcement official said. He used a Taser to immobilize Mr. Saleh and then stabbed him to death.

Security video taken from inside the elevator shows the killer later using a battery-operated portable vacuum cleaner in an apparent effort to remove any traces of his presence, the official said.''

I am literally writing 100% grammatically correct, non-offensive, non-derogatory English, and every comment I attempt to post, I am told the content isn't appropriate or being blocked by the spam filter for other reasons. Any tips?

Look on the Welcome to Websleuths thread. There may be something there to help you.

Don’t give up, you are welcome here:)

Associate Accused of Stealing Held in Grisly NYC Murder of Tech CEO

A law enforcement source told The Daily Beast that detectives began zeroing in on Haspil after finding message exchanges in which Saleh had accused him of stealing tens of thousands of dollars over a period of time.

Investigators ran a credit-card check and determined that Haspil’s was used to buy the saw and cleaning supplies used after the murder, and that his card was even used to pay for rides to and from the crime scene, the source said.

Arrest:

The personal assistant, Tyrese Devon Haspil, 21, was expected to be charged in a criminal complaint with second degree murder and other crimes.

Detectives believe that the motive for the killing stemmed from Mr. Saleh having discovered that the assistant had stolen tens of thousands of dollars from him, despite the fact that Mr. Saleh had not reported the man and had set up what amounted to a repayment plan for him to return the money, one of the officials said.

The police were expected to announce the arrest at a news conference later Friday.

^^^ RBBM

Fahim listened to his heart and cut his 21 yo assistant a huge break, not realizing that he was likely dealing with a sociopath or possibly worse.

Arrest:

Oh my God. I would have never guessed personal assistant.

Only Second degree murder ?!!? Pardon

“It’s not clear whether or where Haspil attended college. On a freelance site, he advertised himself as a software developer and graphic designer and wrote that “as an entrepreneur, I understand the importance of proactivity and results and I've learned the meaning of responsibility and accountability.”

Hes now going to learn responsibility and accountability in a real way. Sick.

Only Second degree murder ?!!? Pardon

First Degree Murder charges are reserved in NYS for the following:

Intentional murder is elevated to first-degree murder when someone 18 or older, intending to cause the death of another person, actually causes the death of that person or a third person and any one of several aggravating factors is present. Those factors address:

• The identity of the intended victim (police officers, certain peace officers, correctional employees, judges, witnesses);
  • The circumstances in which the murder was committed (while the defendant was serving a life sentence, during the commission of a specified felony ("felony murder"), for hire, accompanied by torture, in furtherance of a terrorist act); or
  • The nature of the killing(s).
New York First Degree Murder Laws - FindLaw.

Investigators ran a credit-card check and determined that Haspil’s was used to buy the saw and cleaning supplies used after the murder, and that his card was even used to pay for rides to and from the crime scene, the source said.

wow. Not so “professional” after all... I didn’t expect it to go this way at all. I’m glad he’s been caught so quickly though. Not that this brings any sort of peace to fahims family. There are no winners in this :(

It turns out LE more or less instantly knew who it was:
Police were able to identify Haspil by anti-felon identification cards that were spewed like confetti in Saleh's apartment after Saleh was stunned with a Taser, the law enforcement sources said.
Personal Assistant in Custody in Beheading of NYC Tech Entrepreneur at Luxury Condo: Sources
This is because tasers release ID tags when fired:
But, unlike regular gun bullets, the Taser probes are not able to leave an identifying mark that would lead investigators back to the person that fired them.

So in 1993 the AFID system was created. Now, when many Taser guns are fired, they disperse dozens of colourful anti-felon identification (AFID) tags, which resemble confetti and are printed with tiny serial numbers. It would be very time-consuming to pick all the tags up and so inevitably the police are able to find some and trace the gun that was used.

Why Is There Confetti In So Many Taser Guns?

Arrest:

My gosh, poor Mr. Saleh! There may be more to this story, but wow. I believe in kindness and redemption, but I suppose anyone willing to steal that much money was bad news from the start. I'm getting less nice about boundary-pushers as I age :(

It turns out LE more or less instantly knew who it was:
Police were able to identify Haspil by anti-felon identification cards that were spewed like confetti in Saleh's apartment after Saleh was stunned with a Taser, the law enforcement sources said.
Personal Assistant in Custody in Beheading of NYC Tech Entrepreneur at Luxury Condo: Sources
This is because tasers release ID tags when fired:
But, unlike regular gun bullets, the Taser probes are not able to leave an identifying mark that would lead investigators back to the person that fired them.

So in 1993 the AFID system was created. Now, when many Taser guns are fired, they disperse dozens of colourful anti-felon identification (AFID) tags, which resemble confetti and are printed with tiny serial numbers. It would be very time-consuming to pick all the tags up and so inevitably the police are able to find some and trace the gun that was used.

Why Is There Confetti In So Many Taser Guns?
Wow! Believe it or not, you have made my morning by reminding me that there are smart people in the world who make a difference. I am so grateful that Mr. Saleh will have some measure of justice because of this.

Person in custody in killing of tech CEO found dismembered.

NEW YORK (AP) — A person was taken into custody in the killing of a 33-year tech entrepreneur who was found dismembered inside his luxury Manhattan condo, a law enforcement official said Friday.

The person in custody had worked as Fahim Saleh's personal assistant, the official told The Associated Press. The official wasn't authorized to discuss the case and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Saleh was found at around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday inside his luxury seventh floor apartment on the Lower East Side.

A relative called police after going to check on Saleh and making the gruesome discovery. Responding officers discovered a clothed torso, bags containing a head and arms and an electric saw in the living room, police had said.

Investigators had recovered security video showing Saleh exiting an elevator that leads directly into the full-floor, two-bedroom apartment earlier Tuesday afternoon, closely followed by a masked person dressed entirely in black according to another law enforcement official who was briefed on the case. It also shows a struggle between the two that ensued at the entrance to the apartment, said the official, who wasn't authorized to discuss the investigation and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Police believe that the relative may have interrupted the intruder before that person fled out a back exit.

The medical examiner ruled the death a homicide after an autopsy found the cause of death was multiple stab wounds to the body.

Saleh was the chief executive officer of a ride-hailing motorcycle startup called Gokada that began operating in Nigeria in 2018.

Saleh's LinkedIn biography described him as a self-taught businessman who founded Gokada, building on his experience of first “seeing an opportunity in his parent’s native country of Bangladesh” and starting that country's largest ride-sharing company. It said he also invested in a similar venture in Colombia.

Investigators had been exploring whether the killing could have been related to Saleh’s business dealings.

Apartments in the 10-story building where Saleh's remains were found sell for more than $2 million. The building was completed in 2017 as part of a wave of gentrification in the neighborhood.

___

AP reporters Tom Hays contributed to this report from New York.

The suspect attended Central HS in Valley Steam, LI:

(Snip) Eleven Central High School students competed at the Future Business Leaders of America New York State Leadership Convention in Rochester from April 13 to 15, earning six first place titles and a fourth place title.

First place awards went to Chinoye Okoli for the Basic Decision Making event...and Tyrese Haspil for Website Design.

The 10 winning students will travel to Atlanta, Georgia this summer for the National Leadership Convention, where they will compete against students from across the country.

Central High School business students advance to nationals

It seems the suspect could have had it all, but he took a detour.

Associate Accused of Stealing Held in Grisly NYC Murder of Tech CEO

A law enforcement source told The Daily Beast that detectives began zeroing in on Haspil after finding message exchanges in which Saleh had accused him of stealing tens of thousands of dollars over a period of time.

Omg. So stupid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back