GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tyrese Devon Haspil: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

According to The New York Times, detectives believe that Saleh had “discovered that the assistant had stolen tens of thousands of dollars from him,” providing a motive for murder. The Times reported that Saleh didn’t report the alleged theft to the police but asked Haspil to repay the money. The New York Post alleged the theft amounted to
$100,000 and that Haspil allegedly “reneged” on the repayment plan.

“This was an act of charity that turned into an act of murder,” a source told The Post.

According to The New York Post, Haspil “worked as Saleh’s chief of staff at his venture capital firm Adventure Capital” and “acted as his personal assistant.”

Last edited:
There’s obviously no good reason to ever kill (an innocent) person. Cases like this are so damned sad though. Saleh sounded like a brilliant mind who was really set to do things with his life. Tyrese at one point had a bright future. Who knows what happened there. But regardless of the initial trouble he got himself into, Saleh was forgiving and gave him a break. And now it’s over for both.

I can’t imagine the horrible death Saleh experienced. Not sure how his parents can get past this.

I read this today, missed it yesterday. What an absolute heinous crime. Being discovered by his sister, that unspeakable scene she came upon ... I allowed my brain to really process this and thought, "What kind of individual commits this sort of murder, who has been shown such leniency and understanding by the one he wronged?" I have no words. It might give me trouble to sleep tonight.

This is so sad. I tried to imagine what the victim may have done to have "wronged" someone, even if it was only a wrong in the perps mind. But every time I looked at pictures of this young man, I felt like I could only see good in his eyes. Something not so easily found these days. He obviously had a good heart, a kind soul. Obviously, he believed in giving people a second chance. The opportunity to right themselves. And sadly, he was brutally murdered for it. May he rest in peace and may his family somehow find peace knowing what a kind hearted soul he was.

Wow how evil!! FS must have really had a heart of gold for allowing him to pay back the amount and not report him for theft :(

I always thought the killer planned to dismember the body before coming to the building but now that we know he came back the next day, I don’t know what to think. The theory of him wanting to talk things out went wrong doesn’t seem probable because you would surely not start off by tasering the guy ??

Or maybe he did plan to kill him but didn’t think of the disposal part ahead of time . He doesn’t seem very bright at all if he didn’t realize elevators would have CCTV. Or that his credit card transactions would give him away. Yikes.

This is so sad. I tried to imagine what the victim may have done to have "wronged" someone, even if it was only a wrong in the perps mind. But every time I looked at pictures of this young man, I felt like I could only see good in his eyes. Something not so easily found these days. He obviously had a good heart, a kind soul. Obviously, he believed in giving people a second chance. The opportunity to right themselves. And sadly, he was brutally murdered for it. May he rest in peace and may his family somehow find peace knowing what a kind hearted soul he was.
Seriously. Every photo shows a man with a huge smile, kind eyes and a zest for life.

Per Daily Mail:
  • Haspil is expected to be charged with second degree murder, sources told the New York Times
  • Detectives believe Saleh was killed after he found out his assistant had stolen tens of thousands of dollars from him
  • The slaying occurred even after Saleh set up a payment plan for Haspil to repay the money he allegedly stole instead of reporting him to authorities
  • Police believe Saleh was killed on Monday, a day before his body was found by his sister
  • The investigators believe the killer returned to Saleh's apartment on Tuesday to clean up and dismember the tech entrepreneur's body

It was about money after all. Truly baffling. Why would he treat Fahim this way? Again, there isn't a reason or rationale behind it. The killer is a psychopath whose bloodthirsty instincts were triggered by anger and resentment.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izzy&Bella
Back